PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
The rest of their site wasn't SSL, but thankfully the PayPal segment was. Had to use a dummy password when signing up just to be safe.
This. I noticed it days ago when setting up my account and tweeted them about it. They responded that they would look into it with Shopify, but I never saw any changes to the site. The part where you enter your user info should be SSL, but the only time I saw it go SSL was during checkout and at PayPal. Hopefully they change that for the next release.

So for future releases under this label (of course depending on product and amount) it sounds like you need to be online and order within the first 30 minutes of it going live in order to have a decent shot.  Probably best to just try and order right after it goes live though.

This. I noticed it days ago when setting up my account and tweeted them about it. They responded that they would look into it with Shopify, but I never saw any changes to the site. The part where you enter your user info should be SSL, but the only time I saw it go SSL was during checkout and at PayPal. Hopefully they change that for the next release.
It was encrypted where you enter your credit card info on Shopify. However, your account details are still not SSL (contains your name and address though, and maybe your password - I used one I don't use anywhere else to be safe).

So for future releases under this label (of course depending on product and amount) it sounds like you need to be online and order within the first 30 minutes of it going live in order to have a decent shot. Probably best to just try and order right after it goes live though.
I think the best bet is indeed just to make plans to be on the site when something new goes live. Hopefully we always get plenty of notice before games go live and a time to watch for. Still, stock is at around 33% remaining so maybe it'll last long enough that everyone that actually wanted the game gets a shot at securing a copy.

It was encrypted where you enter your credit card info on Shopify. However, your account details are still not SSL (contains your name and address though, and maybe your password - I used one I don't use anywhere else to be safe).
Same here. I use a different password at every site I visit and it's just a random jumble of characters, numbers, and symbols. So the most anyone would get from their site is name and address (still not a good thing). Luckily there isn't a "Cancel" button in the order details. That would suck if someone got in and cancelled everyone's order.

Is this actually a good game? Seems to get mediocore reviews. I know we're all for buying possibly to be rare crap but I would likely want to play it.
It was a pretty good low cost android game. It was decent as a pc game but faced stiffer competition. It added some new missions and modes but I'm not sure it justified the higher price. I wouldn't really pay more than $10 for it maybe more depending on the LE extras. Its a fun enough game, but I wouldn't pay a premium for it. But what do I know. You guys are buying MLB ffs.

I'm on the fence right now. Never tried the android version even though I have it from one of those bundle collections.

Someone convince me, quick!

Down to about 12%.  It'll be interesting to see if it sells out in an hour.

As for the quality of the game, part of buying this is not about this specific game or owning every physical release at all but just throwing LRG support so other devs will take notice and will see that folks indeed will buy physical vita games released in a limited run.  Who knows, maybe we'll get Guacamelee, La-Mulana EX, Fez, or some other cool indie games with physical release.

Thank you for keeping these affordable. As someone going for a complete vita collection, it's hard to want to shell out a bunch of money on things that you wouldn't buy usually. Mainly talking about stuff like Muv-luv where if you want the psychical version, you have to shell out $85 to their kickstarter

Down to about 12%. It'll be interesting to see if it sells out in an hour.

As for the quality of the game, part of buying this is not about this specific game or owning every physical release at all but just throwing LRG support so other devs will take notice and will see that folks indeed will buy physical vita games released in a limited run. Who knows, maybe we'll get Guacamelee, La-Mulana EX, Fez, or some other cool indie games with physical release.
If they did Hohokum I'd blow a gasket. That game for sure needs a physical release.

Thank you for keeping these affordable. As someone going for a complete vita collection, it's hard to want to shell out a bunch of money on things that you wouldn't buy usually. Mainly talking about stuff like Muv-luv where if you want the psychical version, you have to shell out $85 to their kickstarter
But you get 3 games and a digital copy of them.

I almost forgot about it, my order number was over 1500 so I'd imagine they're getting down to just the last few now.
They started at order #1000. Order # isn't the number sold as folks bought multiples. Looks like there's around 8% stock left... so around 120 left.

EDIT:

About 5% remaining.

I put an order in for one right now.

I don't really want the game but I want to support Limited Run so they do more of these type of releases in the future.

81 copies left for B&C
While it didn't sell out within the first hour (like many of us thought), I would say it has still been very successful. Congrats to LRG! Looking forward to all your releases.

On a side note, hopefully they know to keep a small amount of the stock back for any lost/damaged orders.

I really hope they don't number these.  I kinda hate that.

I'm already obsessive enough as it is, I don't need the extra layer.

While it didn't sell out within the first hour (like many of us thought), I would say it has still been very successful. Congrats to LRG! Looking forward to all your releases.

On a side note, hopefully they know to keep a small amount of the stock back for any lost/damaged orders.
We're still probably going to get people here saying they didn't get a copy. :lol:

hey held back 90 for people who couldn't reach it in time.

58 to go.

Same here. I hope they are all identical like any other actual game release.
CSWiNo_WwAAPgkK.jpg

CRDU1ZkXAAADEfM.jpg

They also sell Protective Cases for 1.99

EDIT: 33 left

Well, congrats to everyone who got to secure a copy for their collection.  Sorry to anyone who missed out, but not at all sorry if you sat on your thumbs asking if you should pull the trigger and then end up complaining later on that you didn't get one.

To everyone else.. why are you even in this thread??

I put an order in for one right now.

I don't really want the game but I want to support Limited Run so they do more of these type of releases in the future.
Yeah, I'm not really to familiar with this game, but I bought 2 copies for the same reason. As a show of support for bigger and better games in the future. This price is very good as well. No matter what, after you receive your game, it will probably be worth more than it is today, so it's a win/win for everyone involved.

The Cosmic Star Heroine game looks really cool, and I can't wait for that title as well. Hopefully some bigger name titles get released down the road, but I'm happy to get physical indie titles as well. Games like Axiom Verge would be very cool to get a physical release, although I doubt at this point the Vita version will see the light of day, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

they said on there Twitter page that a few that won't be for sale were held back as replacements for lost and damaged shipments

actually they are individual numbered they mentioned before on the cases
GAH. Olengie's images didn't show any numbers, so I was really hoping. Oh well.. I'll just deal with it I guess. Meditating etc.

7 to go.. which means I'm super close to avoiding this thread for at least 3 days. Shit is going to get ugly. (I hope not, but it frequently does with stuff like this)

Same here. I hope they are all identical like any other actual game release.
They are all sort of numbered. Not individually, but still numbered by release from LRG. So now every obsessive person on the forum has to buy all their releases. Me included. :rofl:

2ewfuz6.jpg

Edit: I guess they ARE individually numbered according to dreamer131313. Unless you are talking about the number on my pic above.

Was there when it hit online and was pacing back and forth wondering if I need it especially as a new vita owner...welp my wants got the best of me especially for a limited run so...#1631 over here :D

Well, if they're numbered such as "#1 release by LRG" and "#2 released by LRG" that is fine with me.  I just don't like the "This is #27/1500 for this game" stuff.

2 remaining!!

order 1621 just placed it moments ago. Almost missed it. How many of you are getting the PS4 title?
I intend to. I collect physical PS4 exclusives as well as Vita physical releases. And, that game has good reviews on Steam. Might as well play it on PS4 eh?

And GONE. Time of death 1 hour 49 minutes.

bread's done
Back