PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, that's a helpful chart. I feel pretty good about my 16+8 gigs. My tentative new commute has me on a train for ~1hr each way so I might have a ton more free time to play games next year (definitely not like 120 though lol).
No problem. Remember these are psn/digital sizes. If you buy the actual game cart then it will take very little of your memory card if any.

Tested my copy of HDN Re:Birth 3 last night and it worked without issue. I went ahead and deleted it (install, etc) from my system though because I don't want to play it till after I play 1 & 2. Instead of popping UMvC3 back in, I decided to go with something a little less intense so I fired up Touch My Katamari. Overall, a pretty solid start to the game... seems like something I can kind of relax to.

Last night my son had pre-ordered Fallout 3 so I took him and one of his friends to GS to stand in line to pick it up. There were all kinds of personalities among the group. I have no interest in doing that for a game I'm interested in, but still interesting being there as no one platform seemed to really stand out and I rarely talk to anyone or hear anyone talk about games outside of my own home and the net.

No problem. Remember these are psn/digital sizes. If you buy the actual game cart then it will take very little of your memory card if any.
Unless there are patches. Those can eat up some space... though I have yet to get hit too hard with them yet.

Thanks, that's a helpful chart. I feel pretty good about my 16+8 gigs. My tentative new commute has me on a train for ~1hr each way so I might have a ton more free time to play games next year (definitely not like 120 though lol).
If I can do as much as I am with just an 8, I don't think you'll have any issue even just sticking with the 16 and ignoring the 8. The main thing is not getting in the frame of mind that you have to have every single game you own installed on the system at one time. Just pick a couple games to seriously play, maybe have a few in reserve and space won't be an issue. If you have PS+ then just backup the saves to the cloud when you are done with a game and then delete it from the system.

Tested my copy of HDN Re:Birth 3 last night and it worked without issue. I went ahead and deleted it (install, etc) from my system though because I don't want to play it till after I play 1 & 2. Instead of popping UMvC3 back in, I decided to go with something a little less intense so I fired up Touch My Katamari. Overall, a pretty solid start to the game... seems like something I can kind of relax to.

Last night my son had pre-ordered Fallout 3 so I took him and one of his friends to GS to stand in line to pick it up. There were all kinds of personalities among the group. I have no interest in doing that for a game I'm interested in, but still interesting being there as no one platform seemed to really stand out and I rarely talk to anyone or hear anyone talk about games outside of my own home and the net.

Unless there are patches. Those can eat up some space... though I have yet to get hit too hard with them yet.

If I can do as much as I am with just an 8, I don't think you'll have any issue even just sticking with the 16 and ignoring the 8. The main thing is not getting in the frame of mind that you have to have every single game you own installed on the system at one time. Just pick a couple games to seriously play, maybe have a few in reserve and space won't be an issue. If you have PS+ then just backup the saves to the cloud when you are done with a game and then delete it from the system.
You can also use content manager to backup and restore your games/saves to a PC. No need for PS+ and it's usually quicker to re-install from a PC than redownload games and patches.

So I was just about to post that Amazon has Muramasa Rebirth (New) for $20 with a couple extra days for delivery, but I must've bought the last copy (with Amazon credit). It's back up over $25 from a third party seller. $20 is the cheapest I've ever seen Muramasa personally, though online sales are now taxed here in Michigan (thanks Snyder). Curiously, the tax was supposed to take effect a month ago, but none of my other Amazon orders since it took effect were charged tax. Hopefully I don't get a rude awakening come April.

What is everyone's take on Xonic: Superbeat? I'm really intrigued by it and wanting a music rhythm game on the Vita.
I'm really enjoying it so far. The soundtrack is fantastic, not to much to look at graphics-wise but that's a good thing cause it keeps you focused on hitting the keys. For that reason, why I enjoy it way more than Persona 4 Dancing All Night because that game's note icons are way too small and there's too much going on in the background. Xonic has a minimal interface with notes that are easier to read, and it's a blast to play.

For anyone who's ever pl​ayed a traditional DJMax game before (I.e. pre-Technika, although Technika is amazing), it's pretty cool how the game is kind of a throwback to how the old DJMax games look and feel but with a Hatsune Miku-ish play style (and I hope I didn't turn anyone off by making that comparison, but you gotta give Miku credit; she changed the game for music games). Definitely worth picking up if you're into music games and that style of music.

That LE looks so damn g​ood on my shelf even though it's huge. :p

StarwindTheBold,

I think you just sold me on Xonic. I didn't care as much for the gameplay of the old DJMax games... but saying it's more Miku in gameplay and not all background distracting like P4DAN (and heck Miku at times)... it seems like my kind of music game. Thanks for writing cj8889 some feedback.

You can also use content manager to backup and restore your games/saves to a PC. No need for PS+ and it's usually quicker to re-install from a PC than redownload games and patches.
If you don't pay for PS+ then PC is a great option.

If you do pay for it though, it would be silly not to use it even as a secondary backup option. For me, I don't need the hassle of trying to do what a service I pay for already offers me. Plus it's mega convenient where ever I'm at to just push & pull files from the cloud in the rare case I want to revisit a game I've finished. I think full games take between a minute and four in my experience so far. But I've not downloaded many large games... the worst was SAO with all those tons of mini downloads that come with it. Still, I can wait for a download to finish while I play something else.

PS+ for me is a no brainer deal. The discounts and free games alone pay for the experience, the cloud for me is a bonus, and my kids enjoy PS4 online which they couldn't do otherwise.

So I was just about to post that Amazon has Muramasa Rebirth (New) for $20 with a couple extra days for delivery, but I must've bought the last copy (with Amazon credit). It's back up over $25 from a third party seller. $20 is the cheapest I've ever seen Muramasa personally, though online sales are now taxed here in Michigan (thanks Snyder). Curiously, the tax was supposed to take effect a month ago, but none of my other Amazon orders since it took effect were charged tax. Hopefully I don't get a rude awakening come April.
It's still $20 from amazon and it shows it's instock again without the delay.

If you don't pay for PS+ then PC is a great option.

If you do pay for it though, it would be silly not to use it even as a secondary backup option. For me, I don't need the hassle of trying to do what a service I pay for already offers me. Plus it's mega convenient where ever I'm at to just push & pull files from the cloud in the rare case I want to revisit a game I've finished. I think full games take between a minute and four in my experience so far. But I've not downloaded many large games... the worst was SAO with all those tons of mini downloads that come with it. Still, I can wait for a download to finish while I play something else.

PS+ for me is a no brainer deal. The discounts and free games alone pay for the experience, the cloud for me is a bonus, and my kids enjoy PS4 online which they couldn't do otherwise.
My largest Vita games would be a nightmare to re-download from PSN. Pinball Arcade, Zen Pinball 2, Star Wars Pinball, etc are built from table packs that all require separate downloads. Content Manager will backup the entire game at once including patches, packs, and save data.

PS+ isn't for me anyway... I rarely game online, don't want random 'free' games with expiration dates, and the discounts wouldn't be enough to cover the annual cost for me. Backing up saves to the cloud would be nice though, and I wish it was available with every PSN account.

OK you guys are crazy, haha. Some of you own more games for the vita that I have ever owned for every console. I was asking because I'm thinking about picking up a used vita bundle that includes a 16 and an 8 gig card at a decently good price but was thinking that maybe it wouldn't be so good if I were to need a 32/64 gig card in the future. I didn't consider that I could just delete and re-download games as I play through them. Given that, and my preference for physical if I can get it, a 16+8 sounds fine for me.

Thanks.
16gb should be fine. Just note that unless you have ps+ for cloud saves, you should move the games to a PC rather than deleting them off the vita. Save files are tied to the game so if you delete the game for space, you're also deleting the save.

So I was just about to post that Amazon has Muramasa Rebirth (New) for $20 with a couple extra days for delivery, but I must've bought the last copy (with Amazon credit). It's back up over $25 from a third party seller. $20 is the cheapest I've ever seen Muramasa personally, though online sales are now taxed here in Michigan (thanks Snyder). Curiously, the tax was supposed to take effect a month ago, but none of my other Amazon orders since it took effect were charged tax. Hopefully I don't get a rude awakening come April.
Nice find. Just as a reminder, muramasa rebirth was on sale on psn with all dlc for $17 earlier in February. It may have been a one off, but certainly keep an eye out for a sale on the dlc.

How import friendly is this? If it's anything like the other SRT games, it'll be text heavy. Guess you could just get it for the gameplay but you'd be missing an awful lot of story.

Since we are discussing memory cards, where is the best place to get one as far as price/reliability? I've been watching the 64GB cards on Amazon for about 3 months but I haven't seen them go lower than $85. At $70 I would definitely bite, and I'm hoping to see some kind of sale somewhere for BF. Where else can I look? Would importing be cheaper?
I imported a 64 shortly after release for about 90? They should all be about equally reliable as they're all coming from basically the same place.

16gb should be fine. Just note that unless you have ps+ for cloud saves, you should move the games to a PC rather than deleting them off the vita. Save files are tied to the game so if you delete the game for space, you're also deleting the save.
Noted. I don't plan to get PS+ and I'm a convert from Nintendo so I don't really know anything about Sony's infrastructure.

As today is a release day. The Vita R1 Checklist and Directory have been updated. Actually, the R1 Directory is a fairly major update as I have made the effort over the last several days to ensure all of the Canada packaging release variations are documented... if anyone here is in Canada and notices something that I've missed please let me know. As far as I am presently aware, all that is absent Canada-wise are the last six digits of the UPC for MLB 12: The Show.

http://www.segaforums.com/hosted/psoarchive/collect/

Worth mentioning while on the subject that many mid-western based American retailers oft use Canadian distribution companies and therefore frequently stock games packaged for the Canadian market. So while the packaging was intended specifically for the Canadian market, it is not uncommon for such games to show up south of Canada. Further worth noting that all photographic evidence I have come across in the last several months indicates that aside from having a slightly different outer jacket, the game cart contained within have all been identical to the U.S.A. releases in every encountered instance thus far.
Thanks for the work and the update. It's nice having something to check against, especially since i need less than 20 now.

Heads up on another very likely new to used conversion at gamestop...

I noticed one of my gamestops suddenly had Danganronpa 1 & 2 used but no longer had them new. I looked online and indeed no stores in 100 miles of me now have either game new (which are $30 each) but many have both games used ($35 each). I wonder if they did that in prep for the buy 2 get 1 black friday promo?

Either way, I have no problem with this... it'll make the buy 2 get 1 promo a little less sweet but still much better than retail for essentially new copies of the games since before this no stores had either game used. This will probably be one of my main game pairings to nab on black friday. I'll just have to pick out another higher priced vita game to pair with them to maximize the savings.

How import friendly is this? If it's anything like the other SRT games, it'll be text heavy. Guess you could just get it for the gameplay but you'd be missing an awful lot of story.
Haven't bought it myself but the reviews on it were all positive. Watched a video on youtube and it's all japanese but it looks fairly straight forward turn based strategy (though challenging). Many compare it to fire emblem and similar games. The main thing here is beyond being a highly praised game, it ships from Amazon here so no long ship time and it qualifies for free shipping for orders over $35. So a pretty good bargain for fans of the series.

Funny, I hopped on this site to check for prices on HNR3 and I immediately see posts about it around the same price range. I'm not gonna question it further, but now I gotta find HNR2 for a good Vita price.

Heads up on another very likely new to used conversion at gamestop...

I noticed one of my gamestops suddenly had Danganronpa 1 & 2 used but no longer had them new. I looked online and indeed no stores in 100 miles of me now have either game new (which are $30 each) but many have both games used ($35 each). I wonder if they did that in prep for the buy 2 get 1 black friday promo?

Either way, I have no problem with this... it'll make the buy 2 get 1 promo a little less sweet but still much better than retail for essentially new copies of the games since before this no stores had either game used. This will probably be one of my main game pairings to nab on black friday. I'll just have to pick out another higher priced vita game to pair with them to maximize the savings.
GameStop has marked used game prices up the last two years in a row just for the Black Friday weekend sale. Used game prices will be jacked up in the weeks leading up to the big sale and then the prices all get marked down again the first week of December. Sorry to hear the used price is now higher than the present sub-$30 average of all the major retailers.

You mean 48 game saves+patches+etc?
Yeah, they all vary, but most don't tend to take up much space. Killzone is 540mb, SAO:HF (ASIAN) is 557mb, and Bordrlands 2 (No DLC) is 348mb, but those are kind of rarities. Even Akiba's Trip with the DLC is less than 7mb.

It sucks Sony will never let you download PSM games again though, because I have some VNs taking up space, but I'm afraid to delete them even with them backed up.

Conception II $13.99 (I know, just reporting the price)
I actually just bought this and was debating whether to post the price here or not. I know a lot of people don't like it, but judging by the demo I should be able to get fourteen dollars worth of fun out of it.

Blaz Blue:CPE is $30 if anyone cares. Not the lowest price, but it's been more most the times I checked.

GameStop has marked used game prices up the last two years in a row just for the Black Friday weekend sale. Used game prices will be jacked up in the weeks leading up to the big sale and then the prices all get marked down again the first week of December. Sorry to hear the used price is now higher than the present sub-$30 average of all the major retailers.
That figures. I was just there and I think they jacked up the price on Metal Gear Solid. I'm pretty sure they raised it $10, because I've been eyeing it for awhile.

Yeah, they all vary, but most don't tend to take up much space. Killzone is 540mb, SAO:HF (ASIAN) is 557mb, and Bordrlands 2 (No DLC) is 348mb, but those are kind of rarities. Even Akiba's Trip with the DLC is less than 7mb.
It sucks Sony will never let you download PSM games again though, because I have some VNs taking up space, but I'm afraid to delete them even with them backed up.
I actually just bought this and was debating whether to post the price here or not. I know a lot of people don't like it, but judging by the demo I should be able to get fourteen dollars worth of fun out of it.
Blaz Blue:CPE is $30 if anyone cares. Not the lowest price, but it's been more most the times I checked.

That figures. I was just there and I think they jacked up the price on Metal Gear Solid. I'm pretty sure they raised it $10, because I've been eyeing it for awhile.
That's big for sao. My guess is just addons? Did they update the text for it like in the psn USA version? I know is not perfect there either but is better than the Asian version. I wanted to buy it yet the off translations have kept me off it and tomorrow lost songs comes out and no news about the vita versioning Sao hf getting the same text upgrade as the ps4 version.

Announced & Upcoming Physical Vita Games (Region 1):
Listed alphabetically with release date after game title.

- 2015 -
Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders From Planet Space (12/8)
InviZimals: The Alliance (TBA, likely never)
Sword Art Online: Lost Song (11/17)
Teslagrad (11/24)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (12/15)

- 2016 -
Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault (3/29)
Atelier Escha & Logy Plus: ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sky~ (1/19)
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth (TBA)
Lego: Marvel Avengers (1/26)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (November)
Senran Kagura: Estival Versus (1st Quarter)
Stranger of Sword City (3/22)
Trillion: God of Destruction (3/29)
World of Final Fantasy (TBA)
Zero Escape: Volume 3: Zero Time Dilemma (TBA)

- 2017 -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (March)

2016, The year of Vita's comeback.

Nice find. Just as a reminder, muramasa rebirth was on sale on psn with all dlc for $17 earlier in February. It may have been a one off, but certainly keep an eye out for a sale on the dlc.
To save memory card space I never buy retail games on PSN no matter how cheap they are. So even with Child of Light last week at $5 on PSN I'll still try to find a physical copy cheap.

- 2015 -
Teslagrad (11/24)

- 2016 -

- 2017 -

I'm looking forward to playing these the most. Has there been an announcement on where Teslagrad will be sold?? I keep checking their site, but they haven't updated it lately.

- 2015 -
Teslagrad (11/24)

- 2016 -

- 2017 -

Missing: attack on titan TBA but is slated for 2016.

Missing:

Odin Sphere

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

Danganronpa 3

Whatever next Ys game is called

Tokyo Xanadu

Toukiden 2

Those are all pretty much guaranteed localizations with physical relases besides maybe Toukiden 2

Missing:

Odin Sphere

Danganronpa 3

Tokyo Xanadu

Toukiden 2

Those are all pretty much guaranteed localizations
How is Tokyo Xanadu "pretty much guaranteed"? Because it's a Falcom game, I don't think we should assume anything about it; all we can really do is hope XSEED announces it.

How is Tokyo Xanadu "pretty much guaranteed"? Because it's a Falcom game, I don't think we should assume anything about it; all we can really do is hope XSEED announces it.
Why wouldn't they? It's a major Falcom game that's not as text heavy as Sen no Kiseki and it did very well sales wise, and they're already doing the Prequel for it

I think your son got taken. Fallou 3 has been out for years ;P

My guess is not very unless you just like the series and want it on your shelf... like i do =P Picked it up a while back when it was about that price on Play-Asia. I have no plans to actually attempt playing a JRPG that i cant read crap in though

So I picked Atelier Ayesha Plus out of a list of four full price games I was considering last week to flesh out my $100 and maybe get that $15 PSN code.

AND GUESS WHAT'S ON SALE FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS WEEK (not counting Plus offers).

Haven't even made space on my piddly 8gb card for it yet.

Why wouldn't they? It's a major Falcom game that's not as text heavy as Sen no Kiseki and it did very well sales wise, and they're already doing the Prequel for it
I don't know--shouldn't we have at least gotten a hint by now if XSEED was bringing it over? Doesn't Falcom also have this thing about not letting us have the Japanese voice track (I could be mistaking them for a different company)?

That one is physical only PS4 and digital Vita?
It is Bandai Namco we're talking about, they may have changed their mind on doing a physical since the initial "western" announcement of it, who knows for sure.

Missing: attack on titan TBA but is slated for 2016.
Same problem as with Bandai Namco, Tecmo Koei leans ever more towards only doing digital-only releases. Best chance of us getting a physical release will be if NISA is able to partner and do a limited physical release, otherwise I just don't see it happening. Tecmo Koei has "released" 19 games for the PS Vita in region 1 so far, but only nine of them have had physical releases, and that ninth title was only because NISA got involved and handled the limited physical release thereof.

Missing:

Odin Sphere

Danganronpa 3

Tokyo Xanadu

Toukiden 2

Those are all pretty much guaranteed localizations with physical relases besides maybe Toukiden 2
None of those have yet been officially announced for US/R1 release. Danganronpa 3 would seem to be a given, but the game is still in development with no way of knowing if it will even be released in Japan in 2016, much less an English version here.

I don't know--shouldn't we have at least gotten a hint by now if XSEED was bringing it over? Doesn't Falcom also have this thing about not letting us have the Japanese voice track (I could be mistaking them for a different company)?
They have been hinting at it for awhile. It was just about a week or two ago Hatsuu said something along the lines of Tokyo Xanadu after Next. It was in hint speak though with *wink wink* at the end. It was weird because it was pretty obvious what she was talking about, but a lot of people seemed to miss it or ignore it or something. I really don't think we have to worry about getting that one at all. I really hope they give me Net High though.

I don't want to set myself up for disappointment.
The disappointment just became kind of normal for me. (Type-0, Yoru no Nai Kuni, Gravity Rush 2, etc.)

At least asian english releases and LE physical versions have been picking up some of the slack.

My+love+life+the+picture+above+ilustrates+my+romantic+situation_3162ce_4938488.png

Well XSEED are very very busy right now so I assume we'll get it in the next batch of games they announce. I bet they'll include it in their teaser photo for next year's games. As for Falcom, I dunno what to expect. Their games usually have hardly any voices but this one is sure to have a lot so I dunno

You'd think, right? All those cool systems in place -- tons of classes, formations, special skills, positional advantages, etc, etc. So much potential! And then the game is so freakin' easy that you never, ever really need to pay attention to any of it, not even for bosses.

Xanadu sold about as much as Persona 4 DAN in the first week so there is a wider appeal. I don't see why it wouldn't come out in the west. There's just that whole "Gotta delay the games for a year or else someone might reverse import" thing.

Here's hopin' for a $20 16gb and $40 32gb at gamestop come blackfriday/cybermonday. They did it last year and the year before I believe. I'm thinking I'll go for a 32gb if it goes on sale.
If you're willing to pay $40 for a 32gb, just cough up $80 (or less with a deal) for the 64gb card. Trust me, it's better to just get the most storage possible, to avoid having to swap cards out. I own a 64, 2x 32, and one of each 16/8/4. The 64 is well worth it, mine has over 100 games, but I still have to be selective about what I install.

It is Bandai Namco we're talking about, they may have changed their mind on doing a physical since the initial "western" announcement of it, who knows for sure.

Same problem as with Bandai Namco, Tecmo Koei leans ever more towards only doing digital-only releases. Best chance of us getting a physical release will be if NISA is able to partner and do a limited physical release, otherwise I just don't see it happening. Tecmo Koei has "released" 19 games for the PS Vita in region 1 so far, but only nine of them have had physical releases, and that ninth title was only because NISA got involved and handled the limited physical release thereof.

None of those have yet been officially announced for US/R1 release. Danganronpa 3 would seem to be a given, but the game is still in development with no way of knowing if it will even be released in Japan in 2016, much less an English version here.
Maybe, but sword art online is getting a physical release in a few days and Attack on Titan has a much bigger following in USA IMO... Attack on Titan IMO has a much better chance of getting a physical than other vita games from tecmo, I bet they will wait and see what happens with Sword art physical sales and decide then what to do since both have big enough following in the US and globally.

If you're willing to pay $40 for a 32gb, just cough up $80 (or less with a deal) for the 64gb card. Trust me, it's better to just get the most storage possible, to avoid having to swap cards out. I own a 64, 2x 32, and one of each 16/8/4. The 64 is well worth it, mine has over 100 games, but I still have to be selective about what I install.
Oh, if we only had 128GB cards by now.... or Vita systems with dual memory slots.

- 2015 -
Teslagrad (11/24)

- 2016 -

- 2017 -

And you're missing some really interesting ones.

God Wars is an srpg releasing worldwide in 2016:

http://gematsu.com/2015/11/kadokawa-games-announces-god-wars-ps4-ps-vita

We're also going to get Demon Gaze 2 at some point, though I don't think it's officially official.

bread's done
Back