PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I played the hell out of Akiba's Trip, and while it does have some technical flaws, I still had a blast playing it. It reminds me of an otaku's Yakuza. I really enjoyed it.

As for Senran Kagura, it's a pretty fun beat 'em up but the fan service can be a bit much for some. AFAIK the game was never released as a standard edition so the Let's Get Physical edition may be the only way to buy it physically aside from second-hand.
Hmm... I might have to check out a Yakuza game then. And I guess I'm getting the special edition for SK then. I don't really want to buy it digitally. My 16GB card is almost full already.

Hmm... I might have to check out a Yakuza game then. And I guess I'm getting the special edition for SK then. I don't really want to buy it digitally. My 16GB card is almost full already.
The akiba game isn't that good gameplay wise its mostly for fans of the culture.
The senran games are pretty basic gameplay wise with ton of fanservice. If you didn't like akiba much you might have the same feeling towards senran.
Yakuza is amazing, its the best modern beat em up to me. Great story, great gameplay, very fleshed out characters, leveling up, fun mini games & missions. Only downside is you kinda have to play them in order or read up on the back story or you'll be lost. Also there is no English dub.
One piece red was pretty fun with good gameplay you might like that over akiba & senran.

More on ps3: double dragon neon & scott pilgrim & phantom breaker but those are all 2d beat em ups

yncsBQX.jpg

That's the screenshot I use on my system. Couldn't upload it properly so I just took a pic.

I have Plants vs Zombies on like 4 or 5 different platforms, and I think the vita version might be my least favorite because the text and items are so small on the vita screen (one of those ports where they seemed to basically port everything in HD while ignoring the fact that you're playing on a 5 inch screen). Still a great game, though...just that the vita game isn't one of the better incarnations of it.
Interesting. I honestly dont remember having any difficultly reading text in PvZ. I just found it easy to play with the touch controls. Maybe I'n just used to reading tiny text (I read a lot of technical documents for work.).

The akiba game isn't that good gameplay wise its mostly for fans of the culture.
The senran games are pretty basic gameplay wise with ton of fanservice. If you didn't like akiba much you might have the same feeling towards senran.
Yakuza is amazing, its the best modern beat em up to me. Great story, great gameplay, very fleshed out characters, leveling up, fun mini games & missions. Only downside is you kinda have to play them in order or read up on the back story or you'll be lost. Also there is no English dub.
One piece red was pretty fun with good gameplay you might like that over akiba & senran.

More on ps3: double dragon neon & scott pilgrim & phantom breaker but those are all 2d beat em ups
Unfortunately I don't have a PS3 right now. I thought maybe they released a Yakuza game on Vita. Probably gonna go with that One Piece game.

Any opinions on Mind U and Sorcery Saga? I'm looking to get some vita games with the Buy 2 Get 1 free coupon I received.
Sorcery Saga is similar to Izuna(sp?) or Shinren. I will tell you right now Sorcery is extremely grindy if you are attempting to trophy hunt it and tons of rng.

EXTREMELY grindy.

But the game is fun, the story is refreshingly unusual, and the characters are very enjoyable. Kuu however, is an asshole. He's responsible for so many of the problems in the game, both storywise and gameplaywise. He's just... terrible.

Dear god, I finally got the craft all weapons in single tree in Toukiden Kiwami.

I don't think I have ever played a game with a more repetitive/grindy list in my life. (Even Final Fantasy XIV wasnt this bad, since natural progress got you mostly everything)

I really hope Toukiden 2 finds a balance between being a hunting game, and having refreshing content/non bs RNG shenanigans (I'm looking at you Aurogrinders)

So I have been play Akiba's Trip lately and while I think the game has a certain silly charm to it, I don't think the game is very good. I'm almost done with the main story and I really want to play a good beat 'em up game. I've been thinking about getting a Senran Kagura game. Are they actually any good or have people been hyping them up because of the fan service? Also I would really like to stick with physical copies for my Vita games, did Shinovi Versus get a physical release in U.S.? All I find on Amazon is the "Lets Get Physical" edition but I don't really want all the extras.

Also I really want to get J-Stars Victory Vs and want to get a physical release for that as well. Is the European release of that entirely in English?

Akiba's Trip is hands down my favorite game on the system, I've got probably a hundred or more hours in it. But, as said, you need to be a fan of the anime & manga pop culture to get the fullest level of enjoyment out of it. For instance, I own over 1,000 anime DVDs, so I actually caught on and understood virtually every reference in the game the first time playing through.

can you share how you got that? I would like it on my vita
I took a screenshot during one of the comic book cutscenes (don't remember exactly when, but it was in the second half of the game), then cropped the pic.

I'll try to upload the original again tomorrow.

nice prices, but does soldier soul ps3 have the latin american DUB like the mexican version?

nice prices, but does soldier soul ps3 have the latin american DUB like the mexican version?
I don't know! Possible uk version only english sub with japa audio. I bought all 4 games plus few ps3 games because no physical copy love here in the us. Especially 2 vita games. Search around you may find more games cheaper! When you check out the price drop down extra $3 pounds or more. Also shipping is crazyif you buy only 1 or 2 game.

Escha & Logy+ is now at 11-25% remaining stock on NISA's site if anyone cares.
Thanks for the heads up. I've been holding off on this as long as I can but figure I better get it now before it goes OOS. Will likely pair it with the Deadly Premonition CE to get free shipping.

I don't know! Possible uk version only english sub with japa audio. I bought all 4 games plus few ps3 games because no physical copy love here in the us. Especially 2 vita games. Search around you may find more games cheaper! When you check out the price drop down extra $3 pounds or more. Also shipping is crazyif you buy only 1 or 2 game.
Thanks that is what I thought. I'm getting the Mexican version since I watched the anime when I was a kid in Latin America. I know the USA psn version has the Spanish dub but like you I don't like to pay egregious prices for a digital game and much prefer physical.

I stopped by my local game store and they actually had Resident Evil Revelations 2 Vita Asia Edition for $40. Is it worth picking it up at that price? 

I stopped by my local game store and they actually had Resident Evil Revelations 2 Vita Asia Edition for $40. Is it worth picking it up at that price?
If you want a physical copy, the Asia edition is the only way to go. Play-asia has it for $32.99 plus shipping. Not sure if that will save you anything.

http://www.play-asia.com/resident-evil-revelations-2-multi-language/13/708xwx
Yeah, I bought it from PA at launch, and it came out to about $40 shipped. As stated, if you want it physical, this can't be beat. If you don't care, wait on a digital sale and get it cheaper.

For me personally, my 64GB card is almost full, and with this game being rather big, physical was my best option. I also only buy "digital" titles when there is no physical option to be had. Even if I have to pay a premium to get physical title, it's worth it for me in the long run.

Physical FTW!

Man, I wasn't really interested in Superbeat Xonic (it looks interesting but I have P4DAN to satisfy my rythm gaming needs right now) but I just learned they released a limited edition version with the soundtrack on Vinyl. Now I really want it.

I can't believe a couple months ago I had no interest in the Vita and now I'm contemplating spending over 100 dollars for a LE game on eBay...

Man, I wasn't really interested in Superbeat Xonic (it looks interesting but I have P4DAN to satisfy my rythm gaming needs right now) but I just learned they released a limited edition version with the soundtrack on Vinyl. Now I really want it.

I can't believe a couple months ago I had no interest in the Vita and now I'm contemplating spending over 100 dollars for a LE game on eBay...
I prefer P4DAN over Xonic since I'm a sucker for Persona but the tracklist in DAN is pretty small. It's also pretty easy, even on the hardest difficulty.

I'm enjoying Xonic though but the swipe notes and holds are killing me on the harder difficulties

Is anyone here planning to get DOAX3 from play-asia? I'm not even sure we're getting a digital version of the game in the West, let alone a physical version. Seems like play-asia is price gouging, though. Especially on the Vita and PS4 LEs.

Na, I got it from Amiami, but it's not the Asia version that Play-Asia also sells.

Edit: The base games are actually significantly cheaper on playasia.

Eh, ... I was so wanting HTOL#NIQ.  I stayed up to order it when the sale went live last time and it wouldn't let me complete the order.  What a totally frustrating experience.    Of course now that I've given up on it and have my collection all locked down they bring it back.  I'm going to just resist as planned, but it's good to see others that missed out before have a chance again.

Side note, my Code:Realized showed up yesterday.  Not sure when I'll open it but it's good to have all of my outstanding deals done (minus the two Kickstarter's I'm participating in & my Fire Emblem Fates pre-order).

bread's done
Back