PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a Toukiden Kiwami with case and artwork  :whee:

Now I need Toukiden: The Age of Demons to drop to $5 because I won't play Kiwami until I play that one first.

I want that first so I can play it then import the save into Kiwami.

Got a Toukiden Kiwami with case and artwork :whee:

Now I need Toukiden: The Age of Demons to drop to $5 because I won't play Kiwami until I play that one first.
Kiwami is like an enhanced edition to The Age of Demons with various improvements similar to that of Soul Sacrifice with Delta. I suggest just starting Kiwami.

Kiwami is like an enhanced edition to The Age of Demons with various improvements similar to that of Soul Sacrifice with Delta. I suggest just starting Kiwami.
I had edited my post but it didn't show but yea I know. I want to play that first so then I can import my save to Kiwami. Get some extra trophies :).

I had edited my post but it didn't show but yea I know. I want to play that first so then I can import my save to Kiwami. Get some extra trophies :).
I guess if you want to do that, that's fine. Don't forget to transfer save data from the Kiwami demo as well.

I'm torn between getting Ys and Sonic Transformed, or Ys and Akibas Trip... Decisions, decisions...
I would get Ys and Akiba's Trip on Vita, and Sonic Racing Transformed on PC. PC's got the most exclusive characters (5 unlocked by default, 2 DLC) and best framerate.

Sonic Transforned is a great racer with tracks and racers which dig into the larger Sega library. Obtaining the plat is quite a challenge though.
Yeah, Sonic Transformed was amazing! I got it a few holiday seasons back, and I played it nonstop for 2 weeks straight, and I don't think I scratched the surface of everything it had to offer. So much content. I hope "N" was taking notes, as MK is so boring to me now, and Transformed shows us what a good kart racer can be. Blue Shell, fuck you!

Nope. Was it supposed to? I figure most games don't anymore
This is what was inside the case when I picked up the game.

G9Wyxsm.jpg

Aw, that's sweet. The previous owner probably bought both games and when he traded in Kiwami, he included the insert knowing it would help newbies. Good guy Vita owner.

Sooooooooooooo....................

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/03/31/hatsune-miku-project-diva-x-coming-west-to-ps4-ps-vita/#comment-1150314

MIKU COMING WEST THIS YEAR!!!

PHYSICAL ON THE VITA!

REJOICE!!!!

(Now I wish Sega would give us PSO2)
yes I wish we got PSO2, gave up hope and started trying to play on PC and Vita. got tired or reading scribbles on my vita and constantly patching english onto my pc version. USA will get this right when its on the decline and wonder why it didnt do well

For $25 what cheap, but good games can I get? I have gift card for Gamestop.

Don't mind if it's vita,ps3, or ps4.

Toukiden: Kiwami is my first choice.

For $25 what cheap, but good games can I get? I have gift card for Gamestop.
Don't mind if it's vita,ps3, or ps4.

Toukiden: Kiwami is my first choice.
Good luck finding toukiden, all stores near me are sold out. Hot shots golf, touch my katamari, Lego China are pretty good cheaper games. Looking at titles around $20 edf 2, dragons crown, p4 golden, hatsune miku project f 2nd or any hyper dimension titles if you want titles with more of a vita feel

Tried to get 2nd copy. Got email  to pick up  this morning at lamestop  & Lucky i gave Lamestop before i drive to the store. They telling me don't have the game.  Kinda fishy fishy here! I sure Team member Snagged it and tell me You SCREWED.

Another game I see that looks good is Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

Keep hearing this game is great and better than mario kart.

Anyone play it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/4cqs69/sony_just_discontinued_all_vita_products/

This came up on Reddit today. Someone claiming to be a distributor working with Sony said North American Vita hardware, accessories, and First Party game restocks were discontinued with all Purchase Orders being cancelled. 

Due to tomorrow being April 1st, people thought it was an April fools joke and he deleted the posting (even after sending proof to moderators.) Prior to that posting he had been talking about Walmart stocking issues with things that only people with insider knowledge would know (overselling, warehouses used to fulfill stock.) He's also still around answering questions for people.

TL/DR anything Vita related that's not the latest anime boob game or JRPG will be vanishing from shelves soon.

Another game I see that looks good is Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

Anyone play it?
I got the platinum trophy on Vita after many fun and grueling hours. It's probably the best kart racer you can play right now, though, admittedly, I haven't played Mario Kart 8.

Another game I see that looks good is Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.
Anyone play it?
It's a fantastic kart racer. Beautiful tracks, fun vehicles and characters, great music (play with headphones for a better experience). Also the PS3 and 360 versions are excellent, highly recommended.

I hope I can find it at my local gamestop. It says low stock which means they have it.

Anything Under $5 that is good, since the game is $20 and i'll have $5 left over on the gift card.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/4cqs69/sony_just_discontinued_all_vita_products/

This came up on Reddit today. Someone claiming to be a distributor working with Sony said North American Vita hardware, accessories, and First Party game restocks were discontinued with all Purchase Orders being cancelled.

Due to tomorrow being April 1st, people thought it was an April fools joke and he deleted the posting (even after sending proof to moderators.) Prior to that posting he had been talking about Walmart stocking issues with things that only people with insider knowledge would know (overselling, warehouses used to fulfill stock.) He's also still around answering questions for people.

TL/DR anything Vita related that's not the latest anime boob game or JRPG will be vanishing from shelves soon.
great, so that means the pressure to do my collecting is going to be even higher, and the chances of finding stuff is going to sink into the abyss.

i sincerely hope thats not a joke. and if it is, im pissed. ive been doing really well with filling my vita collection, i still dont have everything i want, and my local gamestop has been doing a ton of groundwork for me in finding and shipping titles on my wishlist into the store so i can buy them and such.

Sony, youve disappointed me again. i feel like it was doomed from the start, and i will always be a naysayer, i love the vita a ton and it has some great potential, buy you let that slip through the cracks. dammit

I hope I can find it at my local gamestop. It says low stock which means they have it.
Anything Under $5 that is good, since the game is $20 and i'll have $5 left over on the gift card.
Also if you like action/RPG games definitely get Dragon's Crown (recommended above by RetroXcellence), fantastic game that is starting to dry up.

That doesn't seem like anything different than what we have now. Most retailers have cleared out the majority oftheir stock and the retailers themselves have no intention of ordering more, outside of possibly Amazon and Gamestop and those two likely weren't itching to re-order first party games from 2+ years ago.

I guess what I'm saying is we've seen this coming for a while and I don't see this changing much.

It's all about the 3rd Party Support.
Pretty much. I mean sure it may be harder to find new Vitas at retail but there should be plenty of used ones and Japn should continue getting new Vita HW for a while.

As far as software we'll continue seeing 3rd party releases here for a while since there isn't a replacement from Sony.

Supremacy MMA is going up steadily on gamestops website.  was 6.99 a couple of weeks ago, last week it was 10, now its 13$.

i dont think its going to be possible to find a copy of that damn game with original box art.

there are a couple of mom and pop shops around, i should probably go hunt them down and see if theres anything of value.

i found a copy of ragnarok odyssey ace are a pawn shop outside of town the other day, figured id wait and see if gamestop can get me a copy first.

Supremacy MMA is going up steadily on gamestops website. was 6.99 a couple of weeks ago, last week it was 10, now its 13$.

i dont think its going to be possible to find a copy of that damn game with original box art.

there are a couple of mom and pop shops around, i should probably go hunt them down and see if theres anything of value.

i found a copy of ragnarok odyssey ace are a pawn shop outside of town the other day, figured id wait and see if gamestop can get me a copy first.
Yeah, I noticed this too. In fact, Gamestop has been raising the price of used Vita games across the board. There used to be a fairly good selection of titles priced under $9.99, now there are very few. Most games now seem to be around $20.

Yeah, I noticed this too. In fact, Gamestop has been raising the price of used Vita games across the board. There used to be a fairly good selection of titles priced under $9.99, now there are very few. Most games now seem to be around $20.
Yeah, I was thinking prices used to be lower, but I thought I was imagining things. Now after they have cleared out most of their Vita inventory, demand has probably increased, so they are doing what they do, no surprise there.

GameStop has Farming Simulator 16 for $25.97 (new).   This is the lowest price I've seen it for thus far.  

This was the last physical Vita game I needed to complete my currently-released physical North American set so I jumped on it.  (Woot!)

I had been waiting for the ~$25 mark but it never seemed to move lower than $33 or so.

Yeah, I was thinking prices used to be lower, but I thought I was imagining things. Now after they have cleared out most of their Vita inventory, demand has probably increased, so they are doing what they do, no surprise there.
Exactly, because despite what Sony thinks there are still people actively interested in the platform and games. It's only going to get worse from here on out so now is a good time to take care of any loose ends in your collections.

bread's done
Back