PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly, because despite what Sony thinks there are still people actively interested in the platform and games. It's only going to get worse from here on out so now is a good time to take care of any loose ends in your collections.
Sadly, Sony has had their head buried deep up their arse since the Vita launched, so yeah, I completely agree things can only get worse. I'm just glad guys like LRG are around to bring physical to a soon to be all digital world. Also great to see so many small publishers like Xseed and NISA bringing the imports over so there's plenty more still coming no thanks to Sony.

My copy of Kiwami came in. Cart only. Not even with a gamestop case.

Charging me $5 shipping for that. What a rip.

Guess I wait for someone to trade in a case.

My copy of Kiwami came in. Cart only. Not even with a gamestop case.

Charging me $5 shipping for that. What a rip.

Guess I wait for someone to trade in a case.
What you'll have to do if you have a GameStop near you, order a second higher priced item, and return it when it comes in. I have roughly 3-5 near me so it's not too much running around. Just a thought.

Will it be sealed if you order from them online?
Don't hold me to this as absolute truth, but my rule of thumb is if they add the $1 bullshit handling charge then there is a good chance it will be gutted as they are sending it from a store. If there is no $1 handling charge then they are likely sending it from warehouse stock so probably not gutted. Again, I have not ordered enough from them to test this out thoroughly (and probably won't), but these are my educated guesses.

The Limited Run website has been updated with the release date of the PS4 and Vita copies for Oddworld New n' Tast.
It will release April 25th.

This product is not yet available and will be released on April 25th, 2016. Orders will be taken in two batches. The first half of the inventory will be available at 10AM EST, the second half will follow at 6PM EST.

I just got my order from Gamestop. That was fast as balls; I just ordered them two days ago.

Is it much hassle to do a return/rebuy? I didn't pay much for Kiwami, but I could return the other two games I bought and get a free game with them.

Edit: nvm, forgot the B2G1 was only for PSWii60.

The Limited Run website has been updated with the release date of the PS4 and Vita copies for Oddworld New n' Tast.
It will release April 25th.

This product is not yet available and will be released on April 25th, 2016. Orders will be taken in two batches. The first half of the inventory will be available at 10AM EST, the second half will follow at 6PM EST.
Also $29.99, rather than $24.99.

LRG will Ripping all of US extra $5.  I don't mind pay $30 with Free Shipping but $30 plus $5 shipping is insane for Indie game.  Too Greedy Bastard.  I will spend $30 on good vita game not indie title.

LRG will Ripping all of US extra $5. I don't mind pay $30 with Free Shipping but $30 plus $5 shipping is insane for Indie game. Too Greedy Bastard. I will spend $30 on good vita game not indie title.
Status if Masterkyo's jimmies:

[_] Unrustled
[_] Slightly Rustled
[X] Rustled

Will it be sealed if you order from them online?
Game Stop had Mind Zero for like $15 on Black Friday or Cyber Monday as an online deal which I bought thinking maybe they changed their shitty sales practices. Advertised as "new" but the game arrived unsealed, used, and with a hole punch in the artwork for the case...also appeared to be a booger smeared on the game cart. So, it's totally a crap shoot when you order any game "new" from them. No idea how they stay in business or get away with this sort of thing.

fuck I bought a game I already have at gamestop.

Got the Sonic Racing for VIta, glad they had it.

Then got Killzone 2 and 3 for $3 each.

Got medal of honor war fighter for free.

Well I already have medal of honor on PS+, I might just keep it since I could not find any other games for $3 for free.

Anyone ever buy a game they already had?

Yes but not on accident lol. Like some games if it's cheap enough, I'll buy it even though I already have it digitally to save space. That only pertains to to :vita: and :ps3: though and it's usually something I got free with ps+. If I buy something or get it free digitally on :ps4:, :xb1:, or :360: then I won't get physical.

I'm pretty good at remembering what I own so I've never bought something I already had by mistake.

I will rebuy games when they're a $1 - 5.

I know what games I have, so I don't rebuy them on accident.

Yeah, I have bought games I already had, but it was always intentional. Either I want the case/manual, I'm getting it for someone else, or I just plain want another copy.

I also have a policy of never rebuying a game that I previously got rid of. Which is exceedingly rare since I don't even get rid of games half as often as I used to.

Anyone know where I can get a cheap 8gb Vita Memory Card? I just got a PSTV but was only able to get the core unit.
I've recently gotten a 8gb card for $10 at walmart but it could be ymmv.

Not counting goty release or anything like that. I've just done it for the first time. Just recently bought a vita copy of Gravity Rush last week and when I got home noticed I had a copy still sealed on the shelf. I chalked it up to the fact vita games are like potato chips and old age.

LRG: Just inked a contract for a physical version of a very awesome PS4 and Vita game. This one will be a great addition to the family!

What do you guys think it is? I think it's Octodad Dadliest Catch.

amazons your best bet but it wont be cheap sadly. looking at 16-20$ about 2$ or more a gig is the exchange rate when it comes to the cards typically. Black friday gamestop amazon ect sells the 16gb for 20$ if you feel like waiting 7 months.

Anyone know where I can get a cheap 8gb Vita Memory Card? I just got a PSTV but was only able to get the core unit.

Not sure if I should grab ps4 or vita.....
Por-Que-No-Los-Dos.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B006JKASAC/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ

link to the 16gb vita card page for amazon warehouse deals. You can keep an eye on that in hopes a decently priced one pops up there. Last time a decent one popped up was 23$ in february and a week ago there was one for 29$.

Or if you don't want to wait here's one 8gb for 23$ http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005N4HZRO/ref=olp_f_new?ie=UTF8&f_new=true&qid=1459574265&sr=8-1

LRG: Just inked a contract for a physical version of a very awesome PS4 and Vita game. This one will be a great addition to the family!

What do you guys think it is? I think it's Octodad Dadliest Catch.
Well, that was announced yesterday, so as long as this isn't an April Fools gag, I'm voting for Axiom Verge(maybe just wishful thinking on my part). Although the Vita version hasn't released yet, it did just get a firm release date, so maybe?

Honestly it could be almost anything really, I'm assuming it is an already released game, but they may be referring to a unreleased title as well. Time will tell I suppose.

Game Stop had Mind Zero for like $15 on Black Friday or Cyber Monday as an online deal which I bought thinking maybe they changed their shitty sales practices. Advertised as "new" but the game arrived unsealed, used, and with a hole punch in the artwork for the case...also appeared to be a booger smeared on the game cart. So, it's totally a crap shoot when you order any game "new" from them. No idea how they stay in business or get away with this sort of thing.
Read the bolded parts in reverse order and you'll have your answer.

Edit: Remember when they had that "complete" guarantee? That lasted, what, a month?

I swear I just looked at that to see if was canceled yesterday lol. Still there though, they're probably hoping we will forget.
Indeed.

It's such a dumb system that they don't remove the order even if it's been cancelled, but luckily I still have not received any emails, or a Paypal refund, so I still has the hope. :3

Do you guys have any experience with screen protectors on your vitas? Do you have any you'd recommend? I just put on this super cheap universal one from Toys R Us. http://www.toysrus.com/buy/ps-vita/play-on-universal-screen-protector-for-handheld-gaming-consoles-5f5fd04-15860136

I could be wrong, but I feel like it makes the screen look a little cloudy. My worst fear is that if I want to remove it some day it will leave a bunch of adhesive residue on the screen.
I use a tempered glass one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00XJFLY94/ref=ya_aw_oh_bia_dp?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got it last Dec and it's good so far. If you dont want tempered glass, get a Hori brand screen protector. It's my (and others) go to brand for screen protectors. I've been using Hori since the DS lite and currently have one for my 3DS XL

Do you guys have any experience with screen protectors on your vitas? Do you have any you'd recommend? I just put on this super cheap universal one from Toys R Us. http://www.toysrus.com/buy/ps-vita/play-on-universal-screen-protector-for-handheld-gaming-consoles-5f5fd04-15860136

I could be wrong, but I feel like it makes the screen look a little cloudy. My worst fear is that if I want to remove it some day it will leave a bunch of adhesive residue on the screen.
I currently use a glass screen protector on my vita and it looks and feels great. They are a bit pricier than regular screen protectors but I think they're worth it.

I use a tempered glass one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00XJFLY94/ref=ya_aw_oh_bia_dp?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got it last Dec and it's good so far. If you dont want tempered glass, get a Hori brand screen protector. It's my (and others) go to brand for screen protectors. I've been using Hori since the DS lite and currently have one for my 3DS XL
I currently use a glass screen protector on my vita and it looks and feels great. They are a bit pricier than regular screen protectors but I think they're worth it.
Thanks guys. I've never heard of tempered glass screen protectors before. I only have a vita 1000, so I guess I'll have to give this one a try. http://www.amazon.com/Gam3Gear-Tempered-Plastic-Protector-PS-Vita/dp/B00ZK7SONI/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Thanks guys. I've never heard of tempered glass screen protectors before. I only have a vita 1000, so I guess I'll have to give this one a try. http://www.amazon.com/Gam3Gear-Tempered-Plastic-Protector-PS-Vita/dp/B00ZK7SONI/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
This tempered glass one does look interesting, and I said I would try it in the future if I ever need to replace my standard screen protector. There's no need for me to change my current one, as it looks fine.

Yeah, your regular ones shouldn't look cloudy at all. I use screen protectors on every device I own. All shapes and sizes, dry, wet, matte finish, clear, full body, etc(matte is the only screen one that will look cloudy). If the protector is installed properly, you should never even notice it's applied.

Even when I have bought some cheaper ones due product availability of the better ones, they still look great as far as clarity goes.

bread's done
Back