PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered a Vita finally.  Really looking forward to dipping into the game library.  Already trying to acquire a CE copy of Muramasa Rebirth.

Any good hookups on new games?

I just did this yesterday, so I'm gonna copy paste that.

Gravity Rush is a must, but if possible you might as well get the PS4 version.

If you like Persona at all (particularly the music), you will love Dancing All Night.

If you can catch it on sale, Monster Monpiece is a surprisingly fun and well developed card game.

Danganronpa is a great mystery visual novel series.

Dragon's Crown is a really good 2D beat 'em up, and gets hard as hell on later difficulties. Ragnarok Odyssey is a fun 3D action game, and not too methodical like hunter games.

Rogue Legacy is available on many platforms, but it's really good on a portable.

I remember when I preorder Odin Sphere on AMZ, they were explicitly mentioning the soft cover art book with the Vita standard edition.

Now I don't see it mentioned anywhere, curious.

Speaking of, how are people liking Dancing All Night? I know there were a lot of people who bought the Disco Fever edition when it was deeply discounted.
Haven't started the game yet, but the contents look really nice. The pouch looks bigger than I expected, but I'll stick to the IAVT one, or maybe use them both... it will be bullet proof.

I remember when I preorder Odin Sphere on AMZ, they were explicitly mentioning the soft cover art book with the Vita standard edition.
Now I don't see it mentioned anywhere, curious.
You're right, I'm sure it was in the product listing previously. Very odd. I preordered the Storybook Edition (PS4) and standard Vita edition from BB. Want the PS3 version too, but not ready to order it yet. I don't expect to get the art book with any standard edition from BB, but they did give it with Dragon's Crown when it came out.

You're right, I'm sure it was in the product listing previously. Very odd. I preordered the Storybook Edition (PS4) and standard Vita edition from BB. Want the PS3 version too, but not ready to order it yet. I don't expect to get the art book with any standard edition from BB, but they did give it with Dragon's Crown when it came out.
Exactly, now the only place that explicitly states the artbook is GS, which is not a good sign...

Should have made a screenshot, who knew AMZ would pull this kind of crap.

Exactly, now the only place that explicitly states the artbook is GS, which is not a good sign...

Should have made a screenshot, who knew AMZ would pull this kind of crap.
Except that if you click on the bonus on the Gamestop page, it says at selected retailers as they just used the Atlus graphic. I'm sure Amazon is a selected retailer as they always get the stuff that comes with Atlus Day One editions.

Except that if you click on the bonus on the Gamestop page, it says at selected retailers as they just used the Atlus graphic. I'm sure Amazon is a selected retailer as they always get the stuff that comes with Atlus Day One editions.
Yeah, at this point I will just keep my preorder with AMZ. If worst comes to worst I will just return it and get one from GS.

never going to happen. :p

The main Danganronpa series has held their value pretty well.
I think they were cheap when you used one of those Jet.com credit promos? But yeah that's likely to never happen again. Danganronpa is one of the few series I highly suggest buying at release if you like VNs, to support the dev.

I think they were cheap when you used one of those Jet.com credit promos? But yeah that's likely to never happen again. Danganronpa is one of the few series I highly suggest buying at release if you like VNs, to support the dev.
Definitely agree with Spooder here. You might as well pre-order the Danganronpa games as sales will be few and far between.

Anyone here played the Ys game on Vita? I enjoy the top-down Zeldas, Diablo, and Baldur's Gate style games...just trying to figure out if I'll like it...

Well, I just got my Vita about three weeks ago, and I've been buying physical whenever I can (due to memory card prices). Here's what I've got so far with some Gamestop credit/coupons:

Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Mortal Kombat

Injustice

Borderlands 2

Sonic Racing Transformed

Little Big Planet

Lumines

Tearaway

Persona 4: Golden

Gravity Rush

Dragon's Crown

Daganropa: Trigger Happy Havoc

Towerfall (digital)

Resogun (digital)

Sly: Thieves in Time (digital)

Lego Movie (digital)

Oddworld Stranger's Wrath (digital)

Powerstone Collection (PSP digital)

Capcom Classics Collection (I think that's what it's called? PSP digital)

Any suggestions of PSP/Vita must-haves (I still intend to get Killzone, but it's pretty costly)? I mostly like western games, but the occasional Japanese title is fine with me, so long as it eschews the stereotypical school girl stuff.

Any other tips? How often are the Sony Vita games (PS All stars, Sly Collection, Ratchet Collection, etc.) coming up on sale?

Thanks for any tips!

Well, I just got my Vita about three weeks ago, and I've been buying physical whenever I can (due to memory card prices). Here's what I've got so far with some Gamestop credit/coupons:

Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Mortal Kombat

Injustice

Borderlands 2

Sonic Racing Transformed

Little Big Planet

Lumines

Tearaway

Persona 4: Golden

Gravity Rush

Dragon's Crown

Daganropa: Trigger Happy Havoc

Towerfall (digital)

Resogun (digital)

Sly: Thieves in Time (digital)

Lego Movie (digital)

Oddworld Stranger's Wrath (digital)

Powerstone Collection (PSP digital)

Capcom Classics Collection (I think that's what it's called? PSP digital)

Any suggestions of PSP/Vita must-haves (I still intend to get Killzone, but it's pretty costly)? I mostly like western games, but the occasional Japanese title is fine with me, so long as it eschews the stereotypical school girl stuff.

Any other tips? How often are the Sony Vita games (PS All stars, Sly Collection, Ratchet Collection, etc.) coming up on sale?

Thanks for any tips!
Ys vita is a great game, and I hope we get Ys 8,and it's English localization before the Vitapocalypse.

You might want to buy the Excellent "Ys Seven" (PSP) on PSN as it was a better game imho.

Games to play in a group:

-Freedom Wars (think discount Monster Hunter)

-Terreria (2d action platform sandbox multiplayer, with 100% destructible world) (PC version is better and cheaper, but this version has it's charm)

RPG

-Disgaea ~ any ~ but mostly grab 4 if you like SRPG's

-Tales of Hearts R (hunt in the Game Stop for this one, GS retail exclusive)

Action

-Uncharted Golden A (7.5 / 10 from me, it's very cool at times though)

Shooter

-Killzone: Mercenary , is regarded as the best shooter for the system. It's the only game I don't own from this list.

There are a LOT of oddball titles for the system and they can't be universally recommended to everyone, so you should do a little research on the lesser titles (there is even some interesting "digital :no: only" ones that are great.)

What are 8gb memory cards going for nowdays?  There's someone selling a Playstation TV + 8gb memory card for $20 on CL - wondering if it's worth it...

Ys vita is a great game, and I hope we get Ys 8,and it's English localization before the Vitapocalypse.

You might want to buy the Excellent "Ys Seven" (PSP) on PSN as it was a better game imho.

Games to play in a group:

-Freedom Wars (think discount Monster Hunter)

-Terreria (2d action platform sandbox multiplayer, with 100% destructible world) (PC version is better and cheaper, but this version has it's charm)

RPG

-Disgaea ~ any ~ but mostly grab 4 if you like SRPG's

-Tales of Hearts R (hunt in the Game Stop for this one, GS retail exclusive)

Action

-Uncharted Golden A (7.5 / 10 from me, it's very cool at times though)

Shooter

-Killzone: Mercenary , is regarded as the best shooter for the system. It's the only game I don't own from this list.

There are a LOT of oddball titles for the system and they can't be universally recommended to everyone, so you should do a little research on the lesser titles (there is even some interesting "digital :no: only" ones that are great.)
Thanks, especially for the Ys for PSP tip.

For digital only, I definitely want Hotline Miami. Any other great ones that didn't get physical copies?

What are 8gb memory cards going for nowdays? There's someone selling a Playstation TV + 8gb memory card for $20 on CL - wondering if it's worth it...
PSTVs with no memory card and no controller are on clearance at Walmart for $20, so I'd say it's a good deal. PSTVs have few moving parts, maybe the little flap for the memory card, so you should be OK.

Y's for Vita is a good game, and you can always find it new for $20.

Tales of Heart R is also good, but Gamestop isn't the only retailer... Bandai Namco sells it directly as well. (and they do run sales from time to time)

Thanks for any tips!
I would definitely recommend you try importing IA/VT, might be a little difficult or costly though. It's a Japanese game only, but it's got English menus and easy enough gameplay, and there's also good comprehensive guides online if you ever need to go in depth. In my opinion it's the best game on the Vita, or at least tied with P4G, and also one of the greatest music games of all time.

Dead or Alive 5 Plus is pretty solid for a fighter.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Toukiden Kiwami: (Monster Hunter but with Japanese Mythology)

For import, I would definitely recommend

IA/VT

Gundam Breaker 2

Am I the only one that really enjoyed Akibas Trip?

You should get it, pretty fun game if you can get past the stripping peoples clothes off part.

For anyone looking for a great kart racer, Sonic all stars transformed is great on the vita.

Are there any deals on the Vita itself? Have there been any recently, say the past 4 months?

Thinking of buying one and want to know what the market is like.

You should get it, pretty fun game if you can get past the stripping peoples clothes off part.

For anyone looking for a great kart racer, Sonic all stars transformed is great on the vita.
I thought Akiba's Trip was awesome. Someday I plan on running through it again on PS3.

I like Mod Nation for the Vita, was a good Kart game. was a pain in the ass to plat, not because of the game or difficulty though. the online part was a bit difficult to find people for.

Akiba's Trip is still my favorite single player game for the system. Have only played through to two of the endings so far, but planning to replay it again soon for yet another ending.

For anyone who has not yet pre-ordered Stranger of Sword City: Limited Edition, you need to do so very soon as availability has dropped to below 5% remaining on NISA's webstore!

http://store.nisamerica.com/stranger-of-sword-city

Are there any deals on the Vita itself? Have there been any recently, say the past 4 months?

Thinking of buying one and want to know what the market is like.
Keep an eye on craigslist. When people want to dump it, they REALLY want to dump it. And since there's not a lot of demand for it, you won't face much competition.

Why would a anyone dump their vita
A friend of mine listens to some gaming podcast and every time I mention the Vita he blurts out what they tell him.. The Vita is dead, it's worthless, there are no games and if you own one you are an idiot.

Don't know who the podcast is cause I just laugh at him, but people believe what they hear/read on the internet.

He's even told me that the Vita has *worse* graphics than the 3DS... thats why the 3DS sells better. :roll:

After I get done laughing, I end up buying another game. :vita:

Your friend is a moron
I agree with this statement. I have had a blast with my vita. With baby #2 almost here, my gaming is and will be even more limited. I am a console gamer, but where I can get my fix from handhelds, I'm all about it. I manage to squeeze in a few hours per week, and out of the 3DS and vita, most of my time is spent on the vita. It is an amazing piece of technology. Is the 3DS more successful? Yes, yes it is, but the vita is more powerful and the games on it look amazing. The 3DS has a more robust library, but you guys know as well as me that it is quality, not quantity. Not saying there isn't shovelware on the vita, but way more on the 3DS. Plus Nintendo has been doing some weird shit these last few years. The 3DS can barely support the SNES virtual console? BS. The 3DS has such a faster processor than when I was a kid during the golden age of the SNES. I feel as though they are reaching with their claims. If the 3DS processor is barely better than the SNES processor, then your world is so effed. Even if that was true, why would you announce that to the world? Lol

tl;dr
The vita is better than the 3DS by far.

Agreed.  I have kids too and the vita is how I mainly play games now since we only have 1 tv.

The remote play is also fantastic.

I have a N3ds as well but I just like the resolution and games better on the vita. 

Been lurking on this post for a bit, I must say I love my Vita (and I love my PSP for that matter). I didn't see any love for it but Tetris vs Puyo Puyo is a great game! If you are looking for tetris or puyo pop for the Vita, avoid the Ubisoft version and import this game! It is entirely in Japanese however but there are tons of menu translation guides.

Been lurking on this post for a bit, I must say I love my Vita (and I love my PSP for that matter). I didn't see any love for it but Tetris vs Puyo Puyo is a great game! If you are looking for tetris or puyo pop for the Vita, avoid the Ubisoft version and import this game! It is entirely in Japanese however but there are tons of menu translation guides.
I need to get that and I/A Colorful and possibly the Taiko Drum Master one as well. I really disliked the Ubisoft Tetris so I would want to play that plus I like Puyo Puyo so it's a win there.

Your friend is a moron
I tell him that all the time.

Sony may not make 1st party games for the Vita anymore.. But the Vita is far from dead.

I picked up a N3DS, I have 8 games for it.. will not purchase any game digitally for it. The Vita I own maybe 80+ titles digital/physically now.

And Remote Play.... :D/

I'm actually inclined to believe them that the original 3DS isn't powerful enough to fully handle SNES Virtual Console games. There's more to emulation than just being more powerful; it's got to be powerful enough to emulate the system perfectly (which is already difficult enough if the two systems have fundamentally different architectures), while also running all the 3DS functions like sleep mode, wireless activities, and restore points.

I'm not mad about the reason they gave for not having SNES games on original 3DS. What I'm mad about is the fact that they're the ones who made the system so damn underpowered in the first place, with outdated technology straight out the gate. You can't make an intentionally gimped system and then be surprised when it's unable to handle new things down the line.

bread's done
Back