PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
holy crud, I remember seeing the Let's Get Physical Limited Edition so many times last year for like $30 range

I didn't buy it because I thought my fiance would judge

there's no way it could stay that way could it?

At least the Vita is still in production AFAIK. We are winding down with the 360 and PS3 I'm assuming is getting discontinued soon if it hasn't already. I know from previous reports Nintendo is rally ramping down Wii U production. I'm curious as to when they will end Vita production.

I still play my PSTV/Vita more then my 3DS. As much as Sony killed the PSTV support It's a great machine for the latest releases, Freedom Wars, P4G and now Y's.

Shinovi Versus has become rare? Well... that I did not fully anticipate. I mean I figured complete copies would eventually be rare, but the game in general rare I never saw that coming. Guess the fanbase finally has outgrown the production run, which is understandable.

Shinovi Versus has become rare? Well... that I did not fully anticipate. I mean I figured complete copies would eventually be rare, but the game in general rare I never saw that coming. Guess the fanbase finally has outgrown the production run, which is understandable.
It started getting super rare when SK2 LE details were announced, and it just kept going up since then.

Coincidence? Probably.

225259_orig.gif

Ugh, Sometimes I wish LRG would change over to a pre-order system. I really hope it isn't Volume that's releasing in June as I really don't want to miss out on that game and it's sexy cover.
It's not Volume. I said it was 1 or 2 completely new titles.

Maybe I'll go ahead and stay mostly digital for Senran Kagura. I have three games and only one is a physical copy. I don't like it, but it would save a lot of frustration.

I've been interested in playing Zero Escape on Vita in anticipation of the upcoming ZTD. I'm new to the visual novel genre and I was wondering: do I need to have played the previous game (the DS one) in order to understand Virtue's Last Reward?

I've been interested in playing Zero Escape on Vita in anticipation of the upcoming ZTD. I'm new to the visual novel genre and I was wondering: do I need to have played the previous game (the DS one) in order to understand Virtue's Last Reward?
Yes. Some things and character would be lost on you if you start with VLR

You would still be lost even if U played 999 on DS, so it's not a big deal.

You'll be spoiling some of the plot in 999 by playing VLR first, and some things in VLR won't make sense if you do that. Just play 999 first if you've got a DS/3DS, it's as good as VLR and many people consider it the better game.

I bought Uncharted and PS Plus on the same day, later found out I already had Uncharted from the monthly plus games since they're hidden in your account unless you have an active subscription

Well, it finally happened. I bought a game, only to discover shortly thereafter that I already own it. My backlog is officially too big.
Lol, that almost happened to me a few days ago, when BB had the one day sale on Mad Max. Almost bought it, then checked my "recent purchases" cache of games, and it was already there.

If you don't have a DS, there is also a version of the game for iOS which removes the puzzles and just has the narrative. Not ideal, but better than completely skipping it and going straight to VLR.

Well, it finally happened. I bought a game, only to discover shortly thereafter that I already own it. My backlog is officially too big.
Between movies and games, I do that every few months. Sometimes I catch the mistake within the return window, other times I don't realize it until months later.

I've only done it one time, with Rogue Galaxy. I was picking up some cheap PS2 games one day, then a few months later I was doing the same thing and bought it again.

I've only done it one time, with Rogue Galaxy. I was picking up some cheap PS2 games one day, then a few months later I was doing the same thing and bought it again.
That's started happening to me after a move, when I could no longer openly display my games. It got to the point where I haven't bought in on good deals because I was paranoid that I already had it. Just recently I had great deals on Enchanted Arms and Catherine in front of me, I already have both games but wanted the version for the other console, but then could remember which console I had them on originally and had to walk away. Depressing.

Am I really going to have to buy a smartphone just so I can get an app that keeps track of hoarding for me? That's even more depressing.

Maybe I'll go ahead and stay mostly digital for Senran Kagura. I have three games and only one is a physical copy. I don't like it, but it would save a lot of frustration.
The latest one (Estival Versus) shipped with version 1.6 on cart/disk. The current version is 1.20. A physical cartridge in the dystopian future without any sort of PSN or emulation available will be missing 6 DLC characters, 2 normal characters, a bunch of costumes, DLC and bonus missions, and worst of all: being unable to kiss your favorite girl in the dressing room.

Billyrox - I don't believe so.  I got a clearanced Playstation TV maybe a year ago.  Didn't open and connect it till months later, it still had a newer firmware and didn't allowe the various hacks.  I'd have been happy just to do the whitelist mod and play all my games since my Vita had gone missing and I was thinking maybe I could avoid replacing it.  In the end, I bought a white one off Ebay for $110 with a 32GB memory card, and it's been working flawlessly.  If you really want to play Vita games, I'd say keep your eyes open on CAG, Amazon Warehouse Deals, and Ebay.  You'll find a good deal eventually.

I just did that with a copy of supremacy mma. The sad part is I was playing this in my vita on Thursday, sat the vita down and played the ps4. Yesterday morning I had a couple drinks before I played the vita and was like oh crap I need to go buy this game, so I took my happy jolly ass to gamestop, found a copy on the shelf and bought it despite one of the workers who seen my list telling me I already own that game. Now here we are 24 hours later I have two copies of the game and I lost the receipt between my home and gamestop. Oh well I'm sure I'll figure out something to do with it ​

bread's done
Back