PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit slow at work today so this exchange was just the best.

Manually typed from my crappy iPhone 5S because I'm too cheap to upgrade to the 6S

This takes me back to remembering when I got my first iphone, setup tapatalk, and figured out as quickly as I could how to stop the stupid signatures from posting so I didn't look like such a noob.

Good times.

I decided to install Gravity Rush for the first time and see if it's worth getting a physical copy or if it's even my kind of game.  So far, it's a pretty cool experience.  Reminds me a bit of Rain mixed with Papo & Yo... which are both +'s in my book.

This takes me back to remembering when I got my first iphone, setup tapatalk, and figured out as quickly as I could how to stop the stupid signatures from posting so I didn't look like such a noob.
Good times.
Wait, we have to change our signature?

Also yeah I really need to get further in to gravity rush. Almost bought it again to not play it on my ps4.

Sent from my ass using Tapatalk.

Huh? So what's tapatalk?
I've been using the cag forums on samsung cells since the note 2 and never had a signature like that.

EDIT: for on topic reasons, i beat Sorcery Saga and while the core gameplay was simple & fun it was way to easy to break the difficulty with the item crafting. Also most of the music & all the characters were annoying & bad. Never had that happen in a game.

Huh? So what's tapatalk?
I've been using the cag forums on samsung cells since the note 2 and never had a signature like that.
It's essentially an app for your phone, and it provides updates to threads you follow. You can also check other threads on CAG adding other sites. Pretty legit.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Ah, thought it was a pre-installed samsung app or something since someone mentioned samsung users. Thanks Hustler.
I just use the chrome app browser.

Ah, thought it was a pre-installed samsung app or something since someone mentioned samsung users. Thanks Hustler.
I just use the chrome app browser.
No problem. I just meant Samsung because your signature states the model # of your device. I use Chrome browser at home, but at work I use Tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

EDIT: for on topic reasons, i beat Sorcery Saga and while the core gameplay was simple & fun it was way to easy to break the difficulty with the item crafting. Also most of the music & all the characters were annoying & bad. Never had that happen in a game.
I'll agree with the other stuff, but this was just plain wrong. Music is great, if a little repetitive. And the only objectively bad character is Kuu. Little turdburglar is annoying both in-story and in gameplay.

is it too early to complain about getting futuridium in the mail today? I feel like today is a great day to complain about nothing in particular, besides getting a package with my name on it today instead of one of those stupid letters with the pink paper inside like I won some kind of prize from my light company. My mortgage company tried that and I got the last laugh by putting that paper in my neighbors box, so now I get certified letters from some "lawyer" in new York city trying to tell me I have to show up on one of those daytime tv court shows. No free tickets, no visit from me

Good times.

I decided to install Gravity Rush for the first time and see if it's worth getting a physical copy or if it's even my kind of game. So far, it's a pretty cool experience. Reminds me a bit of Rain mixed with Papo & Yo... which are both +'s in my book.
I didnt notice so I would Have kept posting till someone said something good thing he did lol

Wait, we have to change our signature?

Also yeah I really need to get further in to gravity rush. Almost bought it again to not play it on my ps4.

Sent from my ass using Tapatalk.
I don't know how to send posts from my ass but I can send turds.

Sent from my ass using Rectum.

If the black packaging means they are personally sending them as opposed to a distribution center they should just stop while they're ahead.

Game actually got here in a reasonable amount of time this time

My copies of Futuridium arrived on Monday - a lot quicker turnaround than Oddworld.  And the PS4 disc wasn't a floater - always a bonus!

Ah, so LRG is using a distribution center.  So, they must be making a solid profit to farm out the work... versus putting more money in their own pockets.

Played more Gravity Rush and totally love it.  They did a really great job crafting that game world.  I'm going to seriously enjoy finishing this game.   It's good to be playing games again instead of just talking about buying them and how big the backlog is.

Played more Gravity Rush and totally love it. They did a really great job crafting that game world. I'm going to seriously enjoy finishing this game. It's good to be playing games again instead of just talking about buying them and how big the backlog is.
Its not a hard platinum trophy to get, the game is amazing and I am just on the fence on getting the PS4 version.

That PDP one is trash.

Edit: IMO, the best one is a super cheap $4 one on eBay, but I don't think they make one for the Slim.

Nice, I could use one of these. Is this the best trigger grip available or are their others that are better?
Depends on what you want it to do. The PDP one just modifies the bumpers on the Vita. The Joetsu L2/R2 adds triggers like a Dualshock controller tied to the Vita back touchpad but doesn't modify the Vita bumpers.

FWIW, I thought the PDP one was crap. It was uncomfortable and could scuff up the shoulder buttons. The Joetsu is much nicer but is fragile. The locking tabs on the front to hold the Vita in place break off way too easily.

I haven't started gravity rush. Is the vita out ps4 version better?
Gravity Rush was my first Vita game and it felt great on the handheld. Still one of my favorites on Vita. I haven't tried the PS4 ver to compare, but I would say if you enjoy your Vita then go with that version.

I haven't started gravity rush. Is the vita out ps4 version better?
Have not played it on the PS4 so not sure how it will control, but on the Vita using all the touch functions was put to use very well in this game. not an extreme plat to try and go for, if you are into that, but you will get pretty good at controlling the touch features.

$15 is a good buy price for Trillion. Was one of my most regretted purchases for full price. Just way, way, way too repetitive and clunky in battle. The visual novel stuff is usually decent if cliched. 

Well, my Futuridium PS4 copy arrived today, and while I love LRG and what they are doing, please don't bother buying the "box" for shipping. By some miracle, my disc is still intact, but there was ZERO packaging used within the box. So the case was banging around within an empty box for the whole trip. Why the hell would anyone pay an extra 5 dollars for items to be sent in an empty box? That serves no useful purpose.

I understand this is a small operation, and they are still working out bugs, but paying an extra $5 for a box that cost about 50 cents, on top of shipping cost, with no packaging materials is beyond reason. Maybe my box was a fluke, and others have received materials for protection, but I for sure won't bother with this again.

Technically, I only bought the box so my disc wouldn't arrive loose, so in the grand scheme, my money wasn't wasted, as the game arrived intact, but please be aware of what your getting here, and proceed cautiously in the future.

Received my Futuridium for Vita from LRG today. It now sits on myself alongside SMRPG and Oddworld where it will live in my collection.

Well, my Futuridium PS4 copy arrived today, and while I love LRG and what they are doing, please don't bother buying the "box" for shipping. By some miracle, my disc is still intact, but there was ZERO packaging used within the box. So the case was banging around within an empty box for the whole trip. Why the hell would anyone pay an extra 5 dollars for items to be sent in an empty box? That serves no useful purpose.

I understand this is a small operation, and they are still working out bugs, but paying an extra $5 for a box that cost about 50 cents, on top of shipping cost, with no packaging materials is beyond reason. Maybe my box was a fluke, and others have received materials for protection, but I for sure won't bother with this again.

Technically, I only bought the box so my disc wouldn't arrive loose, so in the grand scheme, my money wasn't wasted, as the game arrived intact, but please be aware of what your getting here, and proceed cautiously in the future.
Most people received them in bubble mailers afaik. Which is actually preferred to a loosely packed box with things flopping around inside.

If the game sucks, why is it a good buy at $15?
Well maybe not a good buy but I thought all the demon girls were cute and the story was serious but fun as well. All the gameplay parts such as the Trillion battle and training were pure trash. Honestly a true price would be $5. The game would have benefited if it didn't have the Trillion battle and training IMHO since they were half baked.

Most people received them in bubble mailers afaik. Which is actually preferred to a loosely packed box with things flopping around inside.
Yeah, this was the reason I ordered the box, as all the loose disc where happening in the bubble mailer. I figured for $5 additional dollars for a "box", they would at least put a piece of paper, or peanuts, or even those air packets along with your order. Why pay for an empty box, when the bubble mailer would provide 10x more protection.

I'm just letting people know not to bother with the box option to try and protect your disc from coming loose, as its more likely to happen in a big empty box, than with the bubble mailer. And your saving $5 dollars in the process.

bread's done
Back