PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I said this in the niche deals thread also but I'd recommend you order Shiren the Wanderer for Vita now if you want it. It's sold out on BestBuy.com, Gamestop doesn't have it in its system, so Amazon and a few other places might be the only places to get it. I feel it will have less of a print run for physical copies, but it's just speculation.

okay, i bought rogue legacy and P3p from that awesome flash sale... rogue legacy is awesome...

P3P seems REALLY dated compared to P4G, kinda wondering if i made a mistake....

does it get better as the game goes on? Just not being able to walk around makes it a bit annoying to me.
define what you feel is dated as outside skill select via fusion and the little extras social links provide during combat like taking a mortal blow for you, p3p and p4 are identical gameplay mechanics wise.

I am always afraid to voice this opinion, but being ~55 hours into P4G, over the course of two years, I prefer P3P far more than P4G. Granted Persona 3 Portable was the first Persona game I had played, at a relatively important time in my life, but I have felt, unfortunately, like Persona 4 is a bit of a slog. There are some tunes I prefer in Persona 4 over Persona 3, but in general I like the music of 3 more. The characters as well. The limited capabilities of the PSP also did not turn me off to the game at all, and I feel like the complaints about static worlds that you traverse via point-and-click are blown out of proportion big time.

I dunno, in general I do enjoy P4G a lot. Very much so. But I rank P3P in probably my top fifteen favorite games of all time, if not higher.
Nah man, you're not the only one. I definitely enjoyed P3 more as well. The music and the characters are more memorable and impactful. P4G is a great game but it is also over-hyped. Chalk it up to nothing more than recency bias.

Nothing gets me like the city theme in the winter near the end of the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA82e2ON3ec&list=PLRBui0PW4JKRQd1xYlGI5EwYv7vTPLJMo&index=46
P3P is easily my favorite Persona game in general. I also just prefer P3 to P4 for a lot of reasons. Aside from the dungeons being more varied in P4, I think P3 did everything else better. I can easily play through P3P again anytime, but I've been trying to get through P4 Golden since it came out and I just keep losing interest. Something about it just can't hold my attention the way P3P can
Disclaimer: I have played through P4 back when it was released on PS2
I agree with this. I played both of them there are some aspects p4 handles better like the unique segregated dungeons. Though they are still all copy pasted layouts with a new skin much like tartarus in general but with new set pieces added in. p4 improved on p3 vanillas social links but p3p femc route are still the best of the bunch easily. Only links worth their salt in vanilla was tower star and sun otherwise the game felt like an enabling simulator for awful people. Especially moon. fuck that link in vanilla. femc route replacing that garbage with shinji was the best thing that could of ever happened. oh and this is relevant warning image has some spoilers. http://ancret.deviantart.com/art/How-Not-to-Play-Persona-3-167314327

Shiren is still available for pre-order at Best Buy. I'm kinda interested in it but I've never played a rogue-like before. I've seen gameplay video but still unsure about it. What exactly do you lose when you die? Weapons? Money? Progress? Is this a good game to start with for beginners?

Thank you for the input. I've only played about an 1 hr in it so far, so I guess I should keep on playing ... lots of poeple seem to really love it.

For what it's worth, I'm playing on my playstationtv on my huge tv :) Finally put it to good use.
Note the beginning is a long portion before you get to the real nitty gritty of the gameplay. So yeah it sucks. even more in p4 where its like 3 hours or something till the first battle? The games are also on the long side unless you just play for the story and skip doing sidequests/social links maxing. As those triple the games length.

Shiren is still available for pre-order at Best Buy. I'm kinda interested in it but I've never played a rogue-like before. I've seen gameplay video but still unsure about it. What exactly do you lose when you die? Weapons? Money? Progress? Is this a good game to start with for beginners?
I think it is sold out, I just tried to check out with it in my cart and than got the error message, this item has been removed because it is sold out

I played (up to the vacation) P3 (Vanilla) before P4G. The tartarus grind got to me and I petered out.  I played P4G, bad ending, good ending, golden ending, platinum trophy all pretty much back to back. I then went back to P3P and finished it. It was cool, but I still prefer P4G even though I should have been predisposed to preferring P3. Either is worth playing though!

I am always afraid to voice this opinion, but being ~55 hours into P4G, over the course of two years, I prefer P3P far more than P4G. Granted Persona 3 Portable was the first Persona game I had played, at a relatively important time in my life, but I have felt, unfortunately, like Persona 4 is a bit of a slog. There are some tunes I prefer in Persona 4 over Persona 3, but in general I like the music of 3 more. The characters as well. The limited capabilities of the PSP also did not turn me off to the game at all, and I feel like the complaints about static worlds that you traverse via point-and-click are blown out of proportion big time.

I dunno, in general I do enjoy P4G a lot. Very much so. But I rank P3P in probably my top fifteen favorite games of all time, if not higher.
Don't worry. Anyone with taste agrees P3 > P4 ;3

I think it is sold out, I just tried to check out with it in my cart and than got the error message, this item has been removed because it is sold out
You're right. I tried to checkout and it gave me the sold out message. Crap, I should've pre-ordered earlier but I want some more info on the gameplay before I commit.

What you lose upon death varies from game to game. You'll almost always lose any money, items and weapons on you, unless you take special precautions to protect your weapons from loss. There's usually a storehouse/bank outside of dungeons where you can keep your loot.

Progress in roguelikes is usually auto-saved, including just before you enter a dungeon. If you die, you lose the items you were carrying. If the game crashes or ends unexpectedly due to outside circumstances, you lose all the items you were carrying. It's very important to save and quit if you have to stop playing.

Character progression also varies; most games you start every dungeon at level 1, and some have permanent leveling. The main way to improve is by finding and improving weapons, and imbuing them with special abilities.

You'll need every tool at your disposal to win, because dungeons are pretty unforgiving. Even with good equipment you could wind up in bad shape after taking on more than two enemies at once - and you could occasionally wander into a Monster House, a large room packed with monsters and invisible traps on the floor. That's to say nothing of the monsters' abilities, which can mess you up good. They can cause status effects, attack from long range, knock away your equipment, or even turn your items and your prized equipment into useless garbage (permanently).

Death and bad times await around every corner in a roguelike - but if you learn how to survive and make the best of the random items you find, it makes victory that much sweeter.

Purchased a black vita slim off craigslist a few weeks ago. Loved it so much flipped it and imported a neon orange & glacier white cause I can't decide which I like better. My question is: From the flash sale I purchased Killzone, LBP, Freedom Wars, & The Walking Dead. Is there any other game the community would recommend?

I said this in the niche deals thread also but I'd recommend you order Shiren the Wanderer for Vita now if you want it. It's sold out on BestBuy.com, Gamestop doesn't have it in its system, so Amazon and a few other places might be the only places to get it. I feel it will have less of a print run for physical copies, but it's just speculation.
I agree. I planned to order it closer to launch, but it's not available for preorder anymore. I do think it may have a smaller print run, so I may just have to buy it from Amazon without the discount. Bummer.

Purchased a black vita slim off craigslist a few weeks ago. Loved it so much flipped it and imported a neon orange & glacier white cause I can't decide which I like better.
You better decide that you like the Neon Orange better or you're dead to me! :boxing:

What you lose upon death varies from game to game. You'll almost always lose any money, items and weapons on you, unless you take special precautions to protect your weapons from loss. There's usually a storehouse/bank outside of dungeons where you can keep your loot.
Thanks for the info! I guess this will be my first rogue-like. Hopefully I'll have the patience for it like I did when I played my first dungeon crawler.

Did anyone actually get an order in for Shiren the Wanderer from Best Buy at some point?  I'm not convinced it ever was even able to be ordered as I tried buying it soon after it went live and it went to that same sold out message after you try to check out.  By now they should have updated the listing to "Sold out Online" or "Coming soon" status.

Did anyone actually get an order in for Shiren the Wanderer from Best Buy at some point? I'm not convinced it ever was even able to be ordered as I tried buying it soon after it went live and it went to that same sold out message after you try to check out. By now they should have updated the listing to "Sold out Online" or "Coming soon" status.
I think someone here ordered one. I saw the listing go live the day it happened, but didn't try to order it until weeks later. By then it always said sold out when I tried to check out.

I may try to call BB this week and see what they say, although usually the reps have no clue.

Exactly. Gamestop sells open games as "New" for full price. I don't care about their reasoning behind this. People may have played them. GS is shit, end of story. Let the rubes shop there that don't care about discounts or service.

The only bright side of the possibility of future generations going all digital is that this chain of stores will finally die. Pre-orders and their bonuses are often missing (one Quantum Break steelbook for seven game pre-orders at my closest store). Employees sometimes act like jerks at the mere request of looking over an amiibo box before you purchase it. They pressure you to pre-order things and trade in games all the time. GS does nothing for me and the way they often treat you is that you are actually there to service them. fuck em. And thank you Deader, our resident Gamestop shill for checking in with your useless two cents like always, as if you know what goes on at every store nationwide.
I found where the GS Steel books went...

http://www.amazon.com/GameStop-Exclusive-Steelbook-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B01E22H80Q/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1463928259&sr=1-3&keywords=quantum+break

Some Asian games that are being restocked:

https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/734361201178611713

https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/734358280487608320

What are the chances that if I buy a used Vita game from GS.com it comes with the original case?

I been eyeing Tales of Hearts R but I would like it complete. The gamestops near me don't have it.

What are the chances that if I buy a used Vita game from GS.com it comes with the original case?

I been eyeing Tales of Hearts R but I would like it complete. The gamestops near me don't have it.
Crapshoot but usually gamestop keeps their vita cases. I've only ordered a few times from Gamestop.com, but most times they came without a case since it was old, cheap DS games, and those cases were likely thrown out a long time ago.

Did anyone actually get an order in for Shiren the Wanderer from Best Buy at some point? I'm not convinced it ever was even able to be ordered as I tried buying it soon after it went live and it went to that same sold out message after you try to check out. By now they should have updated the listing to "Sold out Online" or "Coming soon" status.
Yes, I do have it on
BB%20Shiren.jpg
. Ordered it on 10-Apr-16

Crapshoot but usually gamestop keeps their vita cases. I've only ordered a few times from Gamestop.com, but most times they came without a case since it was old, cheap DS games, and those cases were likely thrown out a long time ago.
I've had three Vita games ordered from them that showed up in generic black replacement cases (one of which was supposed to be "new" which I returned it on matter of principle) , two that have showed up in standard blue Vita cases minus the original artwork insert, and one that showed up in a CD sleeve. Definitely a crapshoot to say the least, but then that should be expected when ordering used games sight unseen.

I'm planning to pre-order the new Lego game from Best Buy this week as it comes with a Lego set, worth noting not the same Lego set that GameStop pre-orders are getting either.

Should have ordered it earlier but I haven't seen BestBuy sell out a pre-order....umm ever. It sold out pretty early too...think I tried a week after it was posted up and it was already failing. 

I've had three Vita games ordered from them that showed up in generic black replacement cases (one of which was supposed to be "new" which I returned it on matter of principle) , two that have showed up in standard blue Vita cases minus the original artwork insert, and one that showed up in a CD sleeve. Definitely a crapshoot to say the least, but then that should be expected when ordering used games sight unseen.
I will hold off then. I will see if I go anywhere next weekend with a GS that has a copy. I am just going to be backlogging the game anyway so I am in no rush to get a copy. I would rather it with the original case.

I'm planning to pre-order the new Lego game from Best Buy this week as it comes with a Lego set, worth noting not the same Lego set that GameStop pre-orders are getting either.
Honestly, if I ordered ANY Vita game used from GS, and it didn't come with original case and artwork in good condition, I'd just return it. Not worth buying if they can't even include the original packaging, by keeping any games like this, you're just encouraging GS to continue this practice.

I ordered two "new" games from them recently (at different times, one PS3 and one PS4), and both came opened. Returned both of them to the store, and found sealed copies later.

Used games, I only purchase in stores, after making sure they're in good condition (including the disc itself). No way would I order used games online from GS, ever.

Used games, I only purchase in stores, after making sure they're in good condition (including the disc itself). No way would I order used games online from GS, ever.
When it comes to disc based games, or games I'm buying to gift to the nephews I completely agree with you on that. Game cart I'm less picky about when purchasing for myself. Eventually I would like to have complete copies of the ones I don't have the original cases for, but if there is one thing I have learned in my nearly eighteen years of collecting it's that you shouldn't pass up a good price on a game you don't own just because it's incomplete otherwise you may not end up obtaining a copy of the game at all.

Also, I have looked into the matter of the pre-orders for Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate and discovered that Aksys Games has revised the game's current webpage to show that it is only available for pre-order through Amazon.com. Looking an awful lot like this could wind up being a small print run for this game. Would imagine that the pre-orders people were able to place through BestBuy.com will still be honored, but this is a truly surprising turn of events.

http://www.amazon.com/Shiren-Wanderer-Tower-Fortune-Dice-PlayStation/dp/B01BM6TESY/

And here are the pre-order bonus Lego sets for Lego: Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Best Buy Set:

lego_sw_tfa_bb_preorder_bonus_b.JPG

GameStop Set:

lego_sw_tfa_gs_preorder_bonus_c.JPG

I wish chaos rings 3 had been translated. It had a ton of content
On Heavy Arms site it says that game has English subtitles with a patch. Is that just for the earlier games and not 3? I'm interested in ordering, but only if I can play all the games with some form of English.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announced & Upcoming Physical Vita Games:
Listed alphabetically with release date after title.

- 2016 -
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky (10/18)
Gal*Gun: Double Peace (TBA)
Grand Kingdom (6/21)
Lego: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (6/28)
MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death (3rd Quarter)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (November)
Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir (6/7)
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X (8/30)
Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (9/13)
Rainbow Moon (TBA)
Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate (7/26)
Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype (TBA)
SuperDimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls (10/18)
Teslagrad (11/24)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (9/2)
Volume (TBA)
World of Final Fantasy (4th Quarter)
XeoDrifter (June)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)
Zero Escape: Volume 3: Zero Time Dilemma (6/28)

- 2017 -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (March)

- Special Edition Pre-Order Updates -

- Aksys Games -
Zero Time Dilemma
Limited Watch Bonus Edition - SOLD OUT!!!
- $?9.99
- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010U1DOKG/
- Release Date: June 28th, 2016

- NIS -
Grand Kingdom
Grand Edition - Less than 5% remaining!!!
- $79.99
- http://store.nisamerica.com/games/grand-kingdom-grand-edition
Limited Edition - SOLD OUT!!!
- $59.99
- http://store.nisamerica.com/games/grand-kingdom-limited-edition
- Release Date: June 21st, 2016

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness
Limited Edition - Less than 100% remaining!
- $59.99
- http://store.nisamerica.com/games/psycho-pass-limited-edition
- Release Date: September 13th, 2016

- Idea Factory -
Nothing!

- XSeed Games -
Nothing!

- KickStarter Offerings -

- Koji Igarashi -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
- $60.00 + S&H
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: Collector's Box
- $250.00 + S&H
- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/
- Targeted Release Date: March 2017

I didn't know about Teslagrad.

Is it even worth mentioning that Muv-Luv is getting a physical release? Only those who have already ordered it will be getting it.

The vita version is the one that comes with every game in the series, not the google play version as far as i know.

On Heavy Arms site it says that game has English subtitles with a patch. Is that just for the earlier games and not 3? I'm interested in ordering, but only if I can play all the games with some form of English.
I'm not sure but I think there is some sort of catch but I forget the details of the release. I think in order to download the other games and maybe even the patch you need to have a japanese psn account. but i could be wrong

The 3 downloadable games have patches. Chaos Rings III does not.

bread's done
Back