PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I know this isn't Vita related, but I figured if anyone was placing orders at Fangamer, I would recommend one of their best products, but sadly it is currently sold out. 

It's for the Mother 3 Handbook, but you can sign up to be notified if stock returns. Fangamer is about all things Earthbound/Mother related and since they have some more projects coming up, they should be producing more of these. 

http://www.fangamer.com/products/m3-handbook

Thanks for the heads up about Shovel Knight.  This is one of the games I said before if it were published it I'd be seriously interested.  I'd also be down with getting Fez in physical form.  I really enjoyed playing that on the PSTV.  Interesting Shovel Knight actually has an ESRB rating on the art.  Something I think none of the LRG titles have had.  Not that it really matters but it looks more legit a release with the ESRB on it.

I was a bit confused about Yomawari: Night Alone / htol#NiQ: The Firefly Diary and was about to ask a question about it.  But I answered it with research.  It appears both games are included on the cart for the new game.  So the fact that I missed getting htol#NiQ before in physical form won't matter since it'll be included with the new game. :D/ 

Thanks for the heads up about Shovel Knight. This is one of the games I said before if it were published it I'd be seriously interested. I'd also be down with getting Fez in physical form. I really enjoyed playing that on the PSTV. Interesting Shovel Knight actually has an ESRB rating on the art. Something I think none of the LRG titles have had. Not that it really matters but it looks more legit a release with the ESRB on it.

I was a bit confused about Yomawari: Night Alone / htol#NiQ: The Firefly Diary and was about to ask a question about it. But I answered it with research. It appears both games are included on the cart for the new game. So the fact that I missed getting htol#NiQ before in physical form won't matter since it'll be included with the new game. :D/
Shovel Knight already has a physical release on every system but the Vita, so I'm sure the ratings where already in place. Since LRG doesn't sale at retail, I guess it's not required for them.

Shovel Knight already has a physical release on every system but the Vita, so I'm sure the ratings where already in place. Since LRG doesn't sale at retail, I guess it's not required for them.
That's a good point. I wasn't sure if the ESRB required a payment per platform even for the same game or if they could just add this onto the other physical release since it contains the same content. Either way, it definitely makes the release look a little more legit. Retro City Rampage didn't have an ESRB logo on it (from pics I've seen).

I got my order completed for Shovel Knight. Under $29 shipped... yeah... I can do that no problem for something I really enjoyed playing. I love that it comes with a full color 42-page instruction manual. I know that's not unique to this version, but just glad they aren't skimping on the vita physical version. Oh and up to 4 copies can be preordered. I only got one, but it's nice for those that want to resell/hoard.

Yeah, it was worth the money to me for the instruction manual alone. I know physical games is all but dying out, but manuals have been dead for awhile now, so it's good to see one, especially for a killer game like this.

This is also my 3rd buy for SK as well. First I got it digital on my 3DS, then grabbed the 3DS physical, and I was going to get it digital on the Vita but decided to wait, and now that seemed to be a good idea, as I would have been pissed if I had, then this was announced.

Needless to say I've bought shovel now for the third time. I'm bad at spending money
I would say buying this 3 times is better than anyone who bought Might No. 9 once. I have no problems supporting Yacht Club, as they have gone above and beyond and still have more free DLC incoming.

This is also my 3rd buy for SK as well.
I have considered SK in physical form on 3DS for a while but just couldn't pull the trigger (once because it was an Amazon Prime only offer) and also because I already had it digitally on the Vita thanks to the PS4/Vita crossbuy. I still want to get it for 3DS simply for the dual screen stuff.

Yeah, it was worth the money to me for the instruction manual alone. I know physical games is all but dying out, but manuals have been dead for awhile now, so it's good to see one, especially for a killer game like this.

This is also my 3rd buy for SK as well. First I got it digital on my 3DS, then grabbed the 3DS physical, and I was going to get it digital on the Vita but decided to wait, and now that seemed to be a good idea, as I would have been pissed if I had, then this was announced.
Damn, is it bad I want to buy another copy just to open it and read through the manual like I use to do for my classic games?

I'm pretty sure that ESRB rating is not a de jure requirement. It's a de facto requirement because most big box retail outlets have policies against selling games that don't carry and ESRB rating (just like most of them have policies about not selling AO rated titles).

They likely haven't made any yet considering it doesn't ship until October.
Yeah, they'll probably place the order soon based on pre-orders up to that point, plus a percentage of qty's. They may give a number after the fact like the RCR guy did, or they may not. Considering this is already at retail on several different systems, I can't see them doing much for the Vita, unless the demand is very high in pre-orders.

Grabbed a Shovel Knight for VITA. Wooo. Good stuff.

The Xbox One physical release never happened. Hoping it does eventually, BattleToads and all.

Grabbed a Shovel Knight for VITA. Wooo. Good stuff.

The Xbox One physical release never happened. Hoping it does eventually, BattleToads and all.
Thanks to MS for their ridiculous minimum quantities on physical games. I doubt it will come out on the XB1 unless they modify that policy, or make an exception. You'd think they would be happy to have as many games released as possible for the XB1, but it doesn't seem to be that way.

WOW, I never knew the ONE version was never released. I knew there was issues with limited qty's, but I thought it had released.

Hell, they should have released the Vita along side the PS4 game. Oh well, better late than never.

WOW, I never knew the ONE version was never released. I knew there was issues with limited qty's, but I thought it had released.

Hell, they should have released the Vita along side the PS4 game. Oh well, better late than never.
They cancelled it pretty close to last minute. I prioritize Xbox One releases over PS4 and Vita over 3DS, so it was a bummer to not see releases for the two I prefer. Ended up getting the 3DS physical and a Shovel Knight Amiibo.

Correct, ESRB ratings are optional unless you plan to attempt retail distribution as virtually all retailers have policies in place against carrying any game that is not rated by an accredited organization.

That's a good point. I wasn't sure if the ESRB required a payment per platform even for the same game or if they could just add this onto the other physical release since it contains the same content. Either way, it definitely makes the release look a little more legit. Retro City Rampage didn't have an ESRB logo on it (from pics I've seen).

I got my order completed for Shovel Knight. Under $29 shipped... yeah... I can do that no problem for something I really enjoyed playing. I love that it comes with a full color 42-page instruction manual. I know that's not unique to this version, but just glad they aren't skimping on the vita physical version. Oh and up to 4 copies can be pre-ordered. I only got one, but it's nice for those that want to resell/hoard.
The ESRB rating is non-transferable between release platform versions. So yes, Yacht Club Games had to pay the ESRB to re-rate this game for the Vita physical release. I believe there is some manner of discount involved if you are paying the ESRB to rate a title that is planned to have a simultaneous release through both physical and digital for the same game system platform.

I'm pretty sure that ESRB rating is not a de jure requirement. It's a de facto requirement because most big box retail outlets have policies against selling games that don't carry and ESRB rating (just like most of them have policies about not selling AO rated titles).
You are correct.

Damn, is it bad I want to buy another copy just to open it and read through the manual like I use to do for my classic games?
If I get it, and I am very tempted, I'm getting it to play. And I am sure as hell going to leaf through the manual!

Yay.  Odin Sphere got here and it DID come with the free art book.  Not only that, but it made it all the way to Afghanistan unblemished (like many others, it was in a bubble mailer, in a box).  Either way, yay. 

GNKVvHV.jpg

All this hype for Shovel Knight and getting my Vita copy pre-ordered yesterday had me decide to just go ahead and track down a copy for 3DS last night. Local walmart had a couple left for $20 new... GS had a complete used copy for $15.something for Pro members... so I grabbed the used copy and saved my $5 since I was planning to open it anyway. Nice booklet. So now I own it on PS4/PS3/Vita digitally, 3DS physically, and in October the Physical Vita version.

PS3 & PC Versions also didn't get physical releases. So 4 out of roughly 7 platforms didn't get physical releases... well until now.. since Vita is switching over. Still that's far from the one dudes claim that it was released physically for every platform.

PS3 & PC Versions also didn't get physical releases. So 4 out of roughly 7 platforms didn't get physical releases... well until now.. since Vita is switching over. Still that's far from the one dudes claim that it was released physically for every platform.
When I was referring to every platform, I was just counting the 4 current ones besides the Vita. Which where Wii U, ONE, PS4 and 3DS. When SK was announced physically, there where only those 4, so that is what I referred to here.

And I was just unaware of the ONE, as I had no idea it was never released. Honestly, I didn't know PC had anything physical anymore, as all I ever see is steam sales around here, so I didn't even bother to consider the PC. And as for the PS3 & 360, are those included in any new releases anymore?

http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/06/shovel-knight-physical-version-coming-to-a-store-near-you/

I got my copy of Odin sphere from Best Buy today I just ordered it a few day ago and got the art book. Wasn't sure if they were still avaible

All this hype for Shovel Knight and getting my Vita copy pre-ordered yesterday had me decide to just go ahead and track down a copy for 3DS last night. Local walmart had a couple left for $20 new... GS had a complete used copy for $15.something for Pro members... so I grabbed the used copy and saved my $5 since I was planning to open it anyway. Nice booklet. So now I own it on PS4/PS3/Vita digitally, 3DS physically, and in October the Physical Vita version.

Who is selling it for the ps vita? Checked amazon ans nothing

How is Odin Sphere?
Really really good, and I never played the OG one...though I recommend playing each character's story and then taking a break in between (like play another game) or you will get burned out.

It's roughly 35hours. (6-8 per character story)

My GameStop order has arrived, and to my astonishment all four games are complete... none factory sealed, but otherwise complete. Got:

- Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & The Monster Seal ("new")
 - LEGO Marvel's Avengers ("new")
 - XBlaze Lost: Memories ("new")
 - FIFA Soccer 13 (used)

And yes, got "The Ladies of Dungeon Travelers 2 Calendar" and the sheet that originally covered it to provide the barcode on the back of the package when factory sealed.  :)

i have the shovel knight sort of PC box and phsical copy from the kickstarter. it came with a fancy usb drive and I have never touched it since. I kicked for PC, dipped for digital DS, and bought physical Wii U when the Amiibo came out. I will have to wait a little while, but the Vita Shovel Knight is under my consideration. 

(the vita browser has no spell check, just a word segestion list, this shows my terrible spelling and reliance on spell and grammer checks lol)

Ordered Shovel Knight. I don't have it on any platform yet, so seems like a good time to start.
You will not regret that - fantastic game, and it really works well on the go. The level/map format makes it easy to pick up and play a level or two.

Crap and Im broke =(
Well, you probably have a while before they stop taking pre-orders. They haven't announced an actual limit to how many they will produce... which I think is smart as they can produce as many as they get pre-orders for plus a few extras rather than just some small amount that will leave money on the table from folks that want to get the game in physical form on vita.

Worst case scenario... you are still broke when the pre-order ends, just get the game digitally on PSN. It's crossbuy with Vita, PS3 & PS4... and a fairly tiny install.

Well, you probably have a while before they stop taking pre-orders. They haven't announced an actual limit to how many they will produce... which I think is smart as they can produce as many as they get pre-orders for plus a few extras rather than just some small amount that will leave money on the table from folks that want to get the game in physical form on vita.

Worst case scenario... you are still broke when the pre-order ends, just get the game digitally on PSN. It's crossbuy with Vita, PS3 & PS4... and a fairly tiny install.
I ended up getting it. Why eat when you can just preorder gamea lol jk jk

Looks like Odin Sphere for Vita (and PS4 standard edition) permanently sold out and been removed from the website (at Best Buy). The PS3 and PS4 Storybook Editions are still listed and available:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=odin+sphere+leifthrasir&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

Just reinforces my opinion that BB is ordering much smaller quantities of Vita games (and more obscure titles for other platforms), so if you want games of this type and want to get a GCU discount from BB, better order them sooner rather than later.

Ordered Odin Sphere from BestBuy and got no art book. Crap, oh well.

Also, sucks that like Sony they have abandoned the Vita. Makes no damn sense.

Just reinforces my opinion that BB is ordering much smaller quantities of Vita games (and more obscure titles for other platforms), so if you want games of this type and want to get a GCU discount from BB, better order them sooner rather than later.
That's been true for a long time now. None of the BB's I've been to in the last 9 months even had any real Vita stock. The closest store to me is nearly an hour away so I don't even bother with BB myself outside of randomly visiting a store to see how little cool stuff they even have anymore.

Ordered Odin Sphere from BestBuy and got no art book. Crap, oh well.

Also, sucks that like Sony they have abandoned the Vita. Makes no damn sense.
What was the install base of vita vs the wiiu? Both of these systems are popularly considered failures but both have a loyal fanbase. Does WiiU really have a large enough install base to justify the shelf space it takes up or is this a case where Nintendo can force retailers to give them the space because of the 3ds. Granted, Nintendo has not abandoned the WiiU just yet in the same way Sony has moved on from the Vita but I think it's an interesting comparison.

What was the install base of vita vs the wiiu? Both of these systems are popularly considered failures but both have a loyal fanbase. Does WiiU really have a large enough install base to justify the shelf space it takes up or is this a case where Nintendo can force retailers to give them the space because of the 3ds. Granted, Nintendo has not abandoned the WiiU just yet in the same way Sony has moved on from the Vita but I think it's an interesting comparison.
They're likely contractually obligated to continue carrying a WiiU game section whereas, like you mentioned with Sony dropping support, Sony doesn't require the same of the Vita.

That's been true for a long time now. None of the BB's I've been to in the last 9 months even had any real Vita stock. The closest store to me is nearly an hour away so I don't even bother with BB myself outside of randomly visiting a store to see how little cool stuff they even have anymore.
But I'm not talking about in the retail stores, we all know those have basically stopped carrying Vita games. I'm talking about online BB orders that ship from their warehouses. BB is ordering much smaller quantities of Vita games (and other less popular games on other platforms), and when they sell out from the warehouse inventory, they're delisted and removed from the website for good.

bread's done
Back