PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
So in the announcement of SAO Hollow Realization CE, it was stated that the Vita version will be Digital only for the NA. I went ahead and preordered the EU physical version at GAME. It came out to be $46. I'm glad they are able to deliver to the States!

So in the announcement of SAO Hollow Realization CE, it was stated that the Vita version will be Digital only for the NA. I went ahead and preordered the EU physical version at GAME. It came out to be $46. I'm glad they are able to deliver to the States!
A real shame, physical Vita games I get day one but with digital releases I just wait for them to go on sale for $10 or less.

He's talking about the digital (not physical) version of Dragon's Crown on the European PSN store, which has been pulled due to license expiration, and is not available for purchase anymore.

A real shame, physical Vita games I get day one but with digital releases I just wait for them to go on sale for $10 or less.
I normally do the same, but at this point, my 64GB card is about full, so no physical at this point = no buy for me in most cases.

Gamestop's B2G1 helped me catch up a bit on the Vita games I have been wanting. Got the first 2 Danganronpa games, Tales of Hearts R, Disgaea 4 and Virtue's Last Reward. Combined with the Hyperdimension games I picked up on the PSN sale I have plenty of Vita stuff to play for awhile.

I also have the watch ordered for Zero Time Dilemma and got the email saying they were shipping the game first which they didn't. However, after getting $10 back on that order I will just wait since final cost after that discount is only 21 bucks with Prime discount.  

Posted in the PSN thread but thought I might get better feedback here. Anyone have thoughts on Ray Gigant? Worth $12?

Gamestop's B2G1 helped me catch up a bit on the Vita games I have been wanting. Got the first 2 Danganronpa games, Tales of Hearts R, Disgaea 4 and Virtue's Last Reward. Combined with the Hyperdimension games I picked up on the PSN sale I have plenty of Vita stuff to play for awhile.

I also have the watch ordered for Zero Time Dilemma and got the email saying they were shipping the game first which they didn't. However, after getting $10 back on that order I will just wait since final cost after that discount is only 21 bucks with Prime discount.
just finished ZTD and I'm now depressed

What's this about a rerelease?

He's talking about the digital (not physical) version of Dragon's Crown on the European PSN store, which has been pulled due to license expiration, and is not available for purchase anymore.
Update: Siliconera received a statement from NIS America confirming Atlus will release Dragon’s Crown digitally in Europe.

With regards to our previous statements on Dragon’s Crown for the European PSN, we must extend our deepest apologies to Atlus and European fans regarding the incorrect information about the removal from this store.

The removal of Dragon’s Crown from the European PSN was part of NIS America’sand Atlus’s mutual agreement on this title. We are happy to announce that Dragon’s Crown will be available directly from Atlus in Europe through PSN.

Please look forward to Dragon’s Crown returning to the European PSN soon.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/30/dragons-crown-removed-european-playstation-store/#mEfH0deU1weLAbF2.99

Gonna order a copy of Teslagrad soonish.. Has anybody purchased this game off ebay or amazon etc..? I need to see if its an actual cartridge in that case or some download code/voucher.. Post a pic if you have this game thx in advance

It's coming physical in North America just doesn't have release date yet.
Are you sure it's still coming? The publisher of the US disc PS3 and PS4 versions has been cranking out a steady stream of releases in the US with no indication that the Vita version of Teslagrad still will be released physically here since they haven't updated the release info in over six months.

Gonna order a copy of Teslagrad soonish.. Has anybody purchased this game off ebay or amazon etc..? I need to see if its an actual cartridge in that case or some download code/voucher.. Post a pic if you have this game thx in advance
I got the EU version from Play-Asia a few months back, and it's a cart. The same company that did the EU version is handling the US version, but I have no idea what the hell their doing. It was supposed to release in the beginning of the Year, and I even sent them an email for a release date, and never got a reply.

I said fuck it, and just went with the EU game, as I didn't want to keep waiting, only to have it get cancelled at a later date, and then the EU version would go up in price.

I'm annoyed at Adventure of Mana. First the remake was not needed as Sword of Mana for the GBA is a far above and beyond better remake of the first game. Other then the moble UI, this seems to Only be a graphical reskin of the Gameboy title. Too bad the overall art direction makes the game look as old and dated as the orginal. 

(I am torn also because this port feels lacking, but if Sword of Mana didn't already release I might be more excited. This type of graphical only update done right, is the kind of thing I want for other games FF7 ect. But when iOS is given priority over the dedicated gaming systems these games were born from, its a slap in the face to quietly drop them over and then use the poor sales as an excuse that people don't want a new mana game.) Square Enix put more effort into finding out what your fans want, and stop giving us "months later" ports of iOS games (FF9 PC included). 

Edit: if it was less obvious that this was a port, and if i could find out information about why the iOS game port had microtransactions, it would go a long way towards making me adopt this game. Meanwhile I have started to replay Sword of Mana by way of the Gameboy player on my GameCube. If this was a crummy iOS port of SD3 I would be more interesded.

Long time lurker, first time poster. took total advantage of the buy 2 get 1 sale at GameStop. I drove all over town and picked up 31 Vita games I needed. I think I'm going to go for a full retail set. I'm at 91 physical games now after my splurge yesterday. With GoHastings going out of business, are there any other major retailers I should start watching for Vita deals from? Obviously watching GameStop, Amazon, Best Buy and Walmart already.

Long time lurker, first time poster. took total advantage of the buy 2 get 1 sale at GameStop. I drove all over town and picked up 31 Vita games I needed. I think I'm going to go for a full retail set. I'm at 91 physical games now after my splurge yesterday. With GoHastings going out of business, are there any other major retailers I should start watching for Vita deals from? Obviously watching GameStop, Amazon, Best Buy and Walmart already.
Aside from some scattered clearance sections, we're pretty much down to GS and Amazon for Vita games. If your Walmart/BB/Target doesn't have any now, I wouldn't bother checking back with them in the future as none of them have stocked Vita stuff for a while.

It's coming physical in North America just doesn't have release date yet.
Physical version was cancelled here in NA. I asked on Sodescos facebook page last week and they answered. I gave then limitedrungames email though so hopefully something can happen there.Dont know if this link will work, but here goes.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1728523084045612&id=1472008216363768&ref=m_notif&notif_t=feed_comment_reply#comment_form_1472008216363768_1728523084045612

Physical version was cancelled here in NA. I asked on Sodescos facebook page last week and they answered. I gave then limitedrungames email though so hopefully something can happen there.Dont know if this link will work, but here goes.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1728523084045612&id=1472008216363768&ref=m_notif&notif_t=feed_comment_reply#comment_form_1472008216363768_1728523084045612
This is exactly why I grabbed the EU edition when I did. The developer kept saying these guys where bringing it in the beginning of the year, but that past with everyone just saying "it's coming". I figured it was canceled or of no concern to the parties involved, so I grabbed it from Play-Asia and on sale.

I hate when these guys pull this shit. They know they have scrapped a game or just given up, and they never make an announcement or anything. They just leave fans blowing in the wind waiting on something that will never arrive.

Yea so I went ahead and ordered a copy of Teslagrad from Amazon for $22.. Not bad when compared to ebay at double that price-

Now im off to a new and exciting problem/issue..

I "recieved" my $20 Amazon "credit" $10 for each Zero Time Dilemna 3ds-Vita watch edition.. Trying to buy the Super Mario Maker 3ds Cover Plates and doesn't apply. So I was on chat with amazon and they say it only applies for items sold & delivered by Amazon. I couldn't think of anything else I would want.

Anyone know if or which 3ds cover plates are sold and shipped by Amazon ..?

Still no update on my Zero Time Dilemma w/watch but Amazon just threw another $10 promotional credit my way...

That mean the game is currently costing me $12 + tax an I heard It's not PSTV compatible yet.

Maybe I'll get the game close to free at this rate lol.

I called bc they didn't ship the game separately so they shipped it free.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Yea so I went ahead and ordered a copy of Teslagrad from Amazon for $22.. Not bad when compared to ebay at double that price-

Now im off to a new and exciting problem/issue..

I "recieved" my $20 Amazon "credit" $10 for each Zero Time Dilemna 3ds-Vita watch edition.. Trying to buy the Super Mario Maker 3ds Cover Plates and doesn't apply. So I was on chat with amazon and they say it only applies for items sold & delivered by Amazon. I couldn't think of anything else I would want.

Anyone know if or which 3ds cover plates are sold and shipped by Amazon ..?
looks like you are in for a click fest, i looked at a few and they are all fulfilled by amazon, but sold by third party. It also looks like all japanese stores selling the majority of them. good news is you only have to check the ones with the prime symbol, since other ones wouldnt be through amazon at all.

Still no update on my Zero Time Dilemma w/watch but Amazon just threw another $10 promotional credit my way...

That mean the game is currently costing me $12 + tax an I heard It's not PSTV compatible yet.

Maybe I'll get the game close to free at this rate lol.
Did you ask for another credit, or did they just give you one for having issues with them?

Yea no luck on faceplates.. And I spent time on another Amazon chat asking about ZTD for Vita & 3ds.. No real answers of course..

So I ask is there any partial refund or credit towards another purchase type of thing he can provide etc.. He says here's a $5 promotional certificate for ya troubles.. I'm up to $25 promo credit lol-

Survey about how well Amazon Chat was pops up afterwards so I fill that out as sord of satisfied and you can live chat again or do Amazon Call Chat etc..
Bored today so I do the Amazon Phone call customer service thing and speak a "knowledgeable" from Washington that goes back & forth about the sorry order delay thing and mentions that it shows September as the possible shipping date.. But maybe sooner than that as these things tend to change blah blah stuff.. Never a dull moment I guess

They gave you a $10 towards purchases of items shipped and sold by Amazon.

That is how they are supposed to be used, yet you ask for additional credit because it will not apply to third party items?

The best time to pick up vita games was about year and a half ago before everyone caught on and prices started to climb.

The best time to pick up vita games was about year and a half ago before everyone caught on and prices started to climb.

I wish I had been smarter with that target 5$ sale. I bought things that i prolly will never play but I should have gone that extra mile.

It

It ends today per the website ads
Damn, that sucks, but I was able to grab a few games on Friday, so it wasn't a total loss. I was going to have to drive around this week and try to find locations that had 3 games I needed or even wanted, and that wasn't going to be easy, so I guess now I'm saving some time and money.

This is exactly why I grabbed the EU edition when I did. The developer kept saying these guys where bringing it in the beginning of the year, but that past with everyone just saying "it's coming". I figured it was canceled or of no concern to the parties involved, so I grabbed it from Play-Asia and on sale.

I hate when these guys pull this shit. They know they have scrapped a game or just given up, and they never make an announcement or anything. They just leave fans blowing in the wind waiting on something that will never arrive.
This explains the comments Doug made during one of their live Twitch streams last week. He was commenting to a question about Soedesco and stated they were not interested in partnering up with LRG and are looking into currently considering self-publishing their titles in R1.

I missed out on the GS sale entirely. Didn't even know about it until I was about to head to work yesterday and then had day shift today. Oh well, I'm only needing less than ten title presently and odds were against any of the local stores having more than one of them in stock, used, and complete.

I believe the Vita is the laat handheld Sony will ever do which will be a sad day, when the last vita game cartridge is released.

I managed to get about 10 more Vita games in the B2G1 sale at GS. I really wish they would stop freaking trading in games with no cases; it would have made my venture a lot easier.

I agree Starwind. I had another 6 games I wanted that didn't have cases. Super frustrating. I did manage to find a new sealed Disney Infinity for the Vita though.....

Just watched Sekai Project's live-streamed panel from Anime Expo... they've licensed some good looking games. Guy doing the Q&A could not say if any of their titles will have 18+ patches available or not though, which was a bit disappointing.

bread's done
Back