PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Play-Asia has the new Hori Remote Play Assist attachment up for pre-order! Not a bad price either.

http://www.play-asia.com/remote-play-assist-attachment-for-playstation-vita-slim/13/70a3hf?sc1=N432021329

remote-play-assist-attachment-for-playstation-vita-slim-471075.1.jpg

Megaman legends anyone? I think nintendo still makes great games. One could argue if they can get the third party support on 3ds they can get the same on the NX. If they do basically make it a handheld hybrid with a good price point (300 since they NEED to compete with microsoft and Sony) they would get a lot of support due to the rumors of it being more easy to develop for then the wii u. I loved the vita had hope for more first party games but Sony pulled the plug. I feel gravity rush 2 could and should be on the vita.
"N" is and always has been the king of handhelds, that is why they have 3rd party support, as there aren't many other options on the dedicated handheld front.

As for their consoles, they don't sale well, and no 3rd party is going to devote time and money making games for a system, that they have no chance to make money with. At this point for them, it's a "catch 22". No one is going to develop for their console until they sale a certain amount of units, but they are never going to get to those numbers without 3rd party support.

This could be fixed, but it isn't going to happen over night, and you have to make strides and commitments in the right direction. "N" isn't about putting in the work, and building bridges. Instead, they keep shooting for the quick fix, and that isn't working out well for them.

They are stubborn jackasses who refuse to listen or acknowledge anyone else's contributions to gaming. When Sony was developing the PS4 they went to every developer they could find, and asked what do you want in this system, and what would work best for your needs? And that strategy has paid of in spades.

"N" and guys like Miyamoto know best, and they don't want or need anyone else's thoughts or opinions, so until they can acknowledge others know more than they do at this point, they will continue to fail in the console market. Can they win the lottery again like they did with the Wii? Of course, but that is a HUGE gamble, and no well ran business is going to go down that road again and again, but "N" seems happy to keep trying. So, good luck with that!

I remeber it being asked, Octodad plays just fine on the Vita. (gasp, yes I unsealed and played a LRG!) I have found that there are collectable ties hidden in each level. This wasn't a thing I remeber from the PS4 demo at Target a few years back. So far the game is silly and odd, so the game appears to be consistent so far. (I only finished the level after the shopping center=might be a ploit spoiler to say the location) I do like the game more on the DS3 via PSTV, but overall very happy to share the game with the family get together today. (my niece really REALLY loved it, she asked my brother (her dad) to buy her the game... )
I opened my copy and played a bit of the 1st Date with Scarlet mission on Sunday night. Definitely a challenge to learn how to move Octodad around with crashing into everything. The game has good humor.

Nothing has been spoken about Volume. Like. AT ALL ever since it was announced beside the "we're working on it"
Considering that many of the games that have been announced as being published by LRG at E3 and AX2016 are set for release during the year 2017, my guess is that Volume is tentatively planned for much later this year. Not sure if aware, but the LRG physical releases so far have been pre-patched and, where applicable, have included formerly add-on DLC content pre-installed. So here to it's possible that the developer has either or both a new fix patch or add-on content in the works for the game.

But this is capcom we are speaking of they dont really care about fans anymore and gamers
They went the way of Sega essentially.

I think there's a big thing you're overlooking with Capcom: they are completely out of money. They can only afford to support things that will turn any sort of profit. Gone are the days where they could just put out games like Rival Schools, Darkstalkers, and Ghost Trick.

Not much of a surprise that after SFxTk, RE6, Lost Planet 3, and every other blunder they've been mostly putting out remasters, episodic content, and MH/SF.
They have money, they just don't know how to budget money.

This^

They also release tons of crap on their shop that a monkey with a credit card wouldn't buy. They seem to have funds, but no idea how to use them properly.

I'm not even looking for a Ghost Trick, or Ghouls & Ghost at this point, but a good Mega Man would sale more than most of the garbage they currently release.
So basically they misappropriate funds as badly as government officials, got it.

I think there's a big thing you're overlooking with Capcom: they are completely out of money. They can only afford to support things that will turn any sort of profit. Gone are the days where they could just put out games like Rival Schools, Darkstalkers, and Ghost Trick.

Not much of a surprise that after SFxTk, RE6, Lost Planet 3, and every other blunder they've been mostly putting out remasters, episodic content, and MH/SF.
Honestly, I just want Sony to give them funding to make games, just like with SFV.

Honestly, I just want Sony to give them funding to make games, just like with SFV.
An actual console version of Monster Hunter on current gen systems would make Capcom a ton of money. Hell, release a handheld version and then a console version with better graphics, like Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on the Wii U / 3DS. A Monster Hunter PS4 / Vita release would be amazing. Sadly it will never happen.

As much as I hate micro transactions, I wouldn't mind adding some into a Monster Hunter game if it means getting a game onto home consoles. Not anything like armor or weapon parts, but perhaps costumes for your character or palico, or house decorations.

A console Monster Hunter would not make any money since consoles are not at all popular in Japan. Even PS4 reception has been lukewarm. There are already MH-like games on console like Toukiden that have done okay but they've hardly been a license to print money.

An actual console version of Monster Hunter on current gen systems would make Capcom a ton of money. Hell, release a handheld version and then a console version with better graphics, like Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on the Wii U / 3DS. A Monster Hunter PS4 / Vita release would be amazing. Sadly it will never happen.

As much as I hate micro transactions, I wouldn't mind adding some into a Monster Hunter game if it means getting a game onto home consoles. Not anything like armor or weapon parts, but perhaps costumes for your character or palico, or house decorations.
Vita already has Monster Hunter games out in Japan, but they are so heavily micro-transaction dependent that they haven't sold well even there. 3DS Has gotten a Monster Hunter game which has been released the world around, but it's one of those crappy deals where the game only functions properly on a "New 3DS" and not the original models nor the 2DS.

Look at Street Fighter 5 and the fans' reactions to this game.  It's a microcosm of where Capcom is right now as a Company; they are desperately grasping for cash from any avenue, and they are out of touch with what fans want.  Capcom has long been running down this road of microtransactions and "remasters".  They're failing to do the thing that's the most important for any game developing company: which is, make good games.  It's amazing that they have survived as long as they have.  For years now they've been living off just that thick layer of body fat that is their back catalogue and name brands.  Dragon's Dogma in 2012 was the last time they created something interesting and innovative. 

I just picked up a few 16GB memory cards and started using them for the first time. How are the cards treated by the Vita? Can I install games and switch between them easily or does each card do some sort of install each time to switch? 

You can swap them pretty easily. Your icons might get messed up, but that's most of the damage. Just don't put it in another Vita.

Be sure to completely power off the vita before removing a memory card or the card will fail eventually.
Great! That's how I hoped they would work. Thanks for the info.

BTW is there a greater risk of failure to buy used from GS? I bought 3 16GB for $63 from the recent B2G1 at gamestop and these were new converted to pre-owned so that was cool. But how about preowned memory? Are they too risky because of what you said regarding powering off the vita first?

BTW is there a greater risk of failure to buy used from GS? I bought 3 16GB for $63 from the recent B2G1 at gamestop and these were new converted to pre-owned so that was cool. But how about preowned memory? Are they too risky because of what you said regarding powering off the vita first?
If the data is corrupt, you can just reformat it.

Otherwise, there's not increased risk besides the regular, purchasing them as pre-owned. But from the sound of it they were converted, so there probably won't be anything risky about them.

Only time a memory card is un-salvagable is if it doesn't even recognize it when you pop it in to your Vita, so those are the ones that are beyond repair.

Yeah they stated no mh console games anytime soon. Maybe a NX MH who knows since mh has been 3ds only lately

From my experience and from what I have read here and elsewhere, if the memory card is corrupted it can be reformatted but will almost certainly fail completely sooner than later. As squarehard stated, the cards you purchased are likely converted to preowned so you have nothing to worry about.

Some other tips to extend the life of vita memory cards:

1. Don't leave the system in standby mode constantly as the memory card is accessed intermittently. (increased wear over time)

2. Don't download tons of games without installing them (starting the application for the first time). I'm not sure of the exact issue, but something is wrong with sony's file system and data seems to get corrupted if there is too much temporary/download data on the device.

Just had a thought guys. This usb has a micro usb thingy which lets it connect to phones.

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Solutions-MicroVault-Smartphone-USM64SA1/dp/B00MCJPT2G/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_i

So like, if we load CMA on this thing, can we connect it directly to the vita 2000 and transfer files? I think I heard CMA can run from a usb but not sure. It'd be a great alternative to buying 64gb memory cards since you can carry it around with you and have your entire vita library at your fingertips. Still gotta transfer the files but it'd be cool if it worked.

Even if you put the software on the flash drive, I think you would need a PC to actually launch it. AFAIK, the Vita wouldn't be able to launch it on its own.

I've been trying to find a new Vita online since no stores around me seem to have them. Any idea where the best deal is? I know I'm late to this party.

Sighs. Don't want a blue one and refuse to give them money.
Just import one, as the prices vary from place to place, but aren't bad in general, and you get a HUGE choice of colors and variations.

EDIT: And of course, it is region free.

GameStop for the blue vita (169) is probably going to be your best bet.
Gamestop sold out of the Aqua Blue Vita a while ago. I bought one late last year and really like the color, so I was thinking of getting another one as a backup, but they're long gone. And their inventory of used Aqua Blue Vitas was cleaned out by the B2G1 sale, so there's really nothing left of that color.

They still have black Vitas for $169 though, but those can easily be bought on Ebay for ~$150 (or less).

Yeah, I imported the blue/white 2000 a few years back and love it. I haven't thought of changing to a different color, or special edition, at least not yet. 

If funds are an issue, that Ebay deal is pretty sweet, and if I didn't already have one, I would have jumped on it when it was offered. Importing is a little more expensive, but for it's worth the extra funds for a wider selection of choices.

Gamestop sold out of the Aqua Blue Vita a while ago. I bought one late last year and really like the color, so I was thinking of getting another one as a backup, but they're long gone. And their inventory of used Aqua Blue Vitas was cleaned out by the B2G1 sale, so there's really nothing left of that color.

They still have black Vitas for $169 though, but those can easily be bought on Ebay for ~$150 (or less).
Shows how much I shop GameStop ;)
I assumed they still sold it, I did see they still have the basic black.

Speaking of deals on one though...
Amazon prime day last year they had it for $150? I think. I had $40 on a gift card so made it a better deal.

Well I decided to go ahead and upgrade my vita to a 64gb card as part of my push to convert to digital on most vita games (when there's a sale so cheap it makes it worth it to do so).  Also grabbed Project X Zone 2 for 3DS since it was $17.50 and I didn't want to wait for it to continue the micro price drop it was on only to end up prime only or something.

So the Ps Vita Shiren the Wanderer L.E. popped up a few days ago on Aksys.com and caught my attention.. But its like the L.E. bundle wont get an unboxing type of review before releasing at least I don't think it will..
Available on the 26th of July is soon and its not numbered or anything but it's the 20th anniversary and they just put it up for pre-order all of the sudden.
It could be one of those limited editions that become rare or whatever due to circumstances like this. And with the recent Zero Time crap and everything it could get overlooked and end up being something I regret not ordering.. Idk really just typing what I think.

Anybody else have thoughts about this L.E. ..?

Thanks, bit at this price.

Good News!

https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/750535846218993664

At least we can pre-order. Since the game is priced at $48 usd wouldn't it come out to $58 with the new shipping if you're only ordering 1 game?
Has anyone bought from Heavy-Arm before? I want to pre-order this, but having to email someone in order to pre-order seems kinda sketchy.

Shows how much I shop GameStop ;)
I assumed they still sold it, I did see they still have the basic black.

Speaking of deals on one though...
Amazon prime day last year they had it for $150? I think. I had $40 on a gift card so made it a better deal.
I want a blue one as well, but they are not easy to come by for a good price now. I currently just have the OLED model and am waiting for Prime Day to see if they do any sales on the 2000 model, I am shooting for $100 or under. I just ordered Trillion for $16.01 on Amazon, figured it won't be much cheaper than that anytime soon.

Anyone have a good resource to reprint Vita covers?  I picked up a Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention from GS (via online so didn't see it in advance) that conveniently did not (surprise) have an official case & cover.  I would just like to reprint a cover to hide that ugly GS dummy cover.  Any help is appreciated.

My shelf/never actually play collection says 10$ is the magic price. Come on Amazon!
Good luck waiting for $10, for the price I had to bite. It'll probably end up sitting on my shelf for awhile, but I will eventually play the game it looks somewhat interesting. I feel like Vita games in general are becoming harder to come by and when they drop around $10 or less they sell out very quickly.

Thanks, bit at this price.

Has anyone bought from Heavy-Arm before? I want to pre-order this, but having to email someone in order to pre-order seems kinda sketchy.
I've bought from them before and I've had no problems. When you email them they'll ask for some info then send you a paypal invoice for the total of your purchase. With regular shipping I get my items around 10-14 days after placing the order.

Anyone have a good resource to reprint Vita covers? I picked up a Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention from GS (via online so didn't see it in advance) that conveniently did not (surprise) have an official case & cover. I would just like to reprint a cover to hide that ugly GS dummy cover. Any help is appreciated.
Same boat, except GS didn't even send a Vita box... just a cart in a plastic sleeve. Game looks brand new (probably converted to used..)

I found a few listings for boxes on Amazon and eBay, Just came here to see if anyone has experience with certain sellers/etc for boxes. As far as cover art, the Vita forum here has a handful of covers.

Edit: :D/

Just went to the Vita forum here looking for the cover art. This is now posted on page 1 of the thread!

http://imgur.com/a/0As4R/all

Anyone have a good resource to reprint Vita covers? I picked up a Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention from GS (via online so didn't see it in advance) that conveniently did not (surprise) have an official case & cover. I would just like to reprint a cover to hide that ugly GS dummy cover. Any help is appreciated.
This should help you out. It has almost everything!

Everyone should send a special thank you to CAG: Vaniel for posting up what could be the greatest collection of cover art for the PS Vita.
The album can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/0As4R/all

bread's done
Back