PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I've purchased a couple of games from Heavy-Arm and everything worked out great.. Bought the English subtitled Final Fantasy X & X-2 and Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires from them.. I'm going to Email them about Asterisk War in a couple minutes or so and pick that up before it's gone

+1 on Heavy Arms legitimacy. 

They deal on a global scale, and I guess their site isn't isn't set up for that yet, but they are working on it. The emails are quick, and they provide tracking and an email when you order ships. And they often restock hard to find items, so they have replaced Play-Asia for me at this point for ASIA-English releases.

So the Ps Vita Shiren the Wanderer L.E. popped up a few days ago on Aksys.com and caught my attention.. But its like the L.E. bundle wont get an unboxing type of review before releasing at least I don't think it will..
Available on the 26th of July is soon and its not numbered or anything but it's the 20th anniversary and they just put it up for pre-order all of the sudden.
It could be one of those limited editions that become rare or whatever due to circumstances like this. And with the recent Zero Time crap and everything it could get overlooked and end up being something I regret not ordering.. Idk really just typing what I think.

Anybody else have thoughts about this L.E. ..?
You're not helping.

I think I just witnessed a miracle.

I ordered 3 Vita games from GS during the B2G1, and all 3 games just arrived complete, and like new condition.

I'm still in a state of shock.

Thanks for all the feedback on Heavy Arm, I went ahead and placed a pre-order through them. They emailed back super quickly and were really polite, too. All good experiences with them so far.

I think I just witnessed a miracle.

I ordered 3 Vita games from GS during the B2G1, and all 3 games just arrived complete, and like new condition.

I'm still in a state of shock.
Nice! I don't think I've ever been able to get anything that wasn't listed as "New" from GS online in its original case.

I've bought from them before and I've had no problems. When you email them they'll ask for some info then send you a paypal invoice for the total of your purchase. With regular shipping I get my items around 10-14 days after placing the order.
I've only ordered from Heavy Arm once, but this is exactly how it worked for me. Will likely be buying from them again.

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational - PS Vita [Digital Code] - $4.72 Amazon

Is this a good price for digital? I used to play HSG since PS2 days and it was always fun.
https://psprices.com/region-us/game/11392/hot-shots-golf-world-invitationaltm

$1.40ish more than it's lowest point.

The physical copy was $7.50 on amazon (a year ago), and some of us found it on clearance for $5ish locally in the past 3-6 months.

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Hot-Shots-Golf-Invitational-playstation-vita/product/B0050SW4OC

The game IS fun.. so buy it if you want it.

This should help you out. It has almost everything!

Everyone should send a special thank you to CAG: Vaniel for posting up what could be the greatest collection of cover art for the PS Vita.
The album can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/0As4R/all
My apologies for not having the last few releases up on the album. My wife just had our second child (She's two weeks old today!) and so I have been pretty damn busy.

I'll try and get them in this weekend.

Also, one note on some of the scans.... I didn't weigh some of them down properly so you will see a slight "shine" on some of the covers where the creases are. I do plan on going back and rescanning them eventually, but it will probably be a a while before I do that. Wife is going out of town on business next week and taking the newborn, so I may be able to redo some of them after my 2 year old goes to bed.

I also have about 10 physical EU only games coming. My ultimate goal is get every physical ENGLISH release scanned, not just NA.

I'm pretty damn close. Just got Dragonball: Battle of Z from Heavy Arm. It took Steve 2 months to find me a used copy, but I'm grateful he did.

Does ANYONE know where I can get a copy of Legends of War: Patton for the vita? Every copy on EU Amazon sites won't ship to the US, and it is the only EU game I really need to complete the collection. Any European CAGs out there willing to let me ship it to their address and let me pay for them to ship it to me? :)

Does ANYONE know where I can get a copy of Legends of War: Patton for the vita? Every copy on EU Amazon sites won't ship to the US, and it is the only EU game I really need to complete the collection. Any European CAGs out there willing to let me ship it to their address and let me pay for them to ship it to me? :)
I hear ya. This is the only Euro physical exclusive I'm still missing. Been looking all over for it.

Congrats on the new addition to your family!

I hear ya. This is the only Euro physical exclusive I'm still missing. Been looking all over for it.
I guess technically I am also missing Best of Arcade Games, I'll have to pick it up on ebay since it isn't badly priced right now. Had no idea it and Vita Pets existed until a few days ago. Was able to pick up a new copy of Vita Pets up for $25 though so I'm happy

Edit: Nevermind, apparently I ordered Best of Arcade Games about a week ago and didn't realize it.

My apologies for not having the last few releases up on the album. My wife just had our second child (She's two weeks old today!) and so I have been pretty damn busy.

I'll try and get them in this weekend.

Also, one note on some of the scans.... I didn't weigh some of them down properly so you will see a slight "shine" on some of the covers where the creases are. I do plan on going back and rescanning them eventually, but it will probably be a a while before I do that. Wife is going out of town on business next week and taking the newborn, so I may be able to redo some of them after my 2 year old goes to bed.
Congrats! And awesome, I didn't know this cover art collection was a thing. I think you might be missing Blanc + Neptune Zombie army, so I can probably scan that tonight, along with the CE reversible cover. I think I also have Deemo if that counts, and some other Jpn imports. Idk how good the scanner is, I don't even use it for school anymore but I'll try.

Congrats! And awesome, I didn't know this cover art collection was a thing. I think you might be missing Blanc + Neptune Zombie army, so I can probably scan that tonight, along with the CE reversible cover. I think I also have Deemo if that counts, and some other Jpn imports. Idk how good the scanner is, I don't even use it for school anymore but I'll try.
I have em, just haven't scanned them.

Congrats on baby number 2, and the fact that you even have time to post here speaks volumes.

2 weeks in to my first(and last child), I was dizzy from lack of sleep and working. I don't think I knew what the internet was for at least a few months. LOL

I've never ordered directly from Aksys or any other game company before; what are the odds that the Shiren limitededition will sell out anytime soon? I've got a convention next weekend, and I kind of wanted to see how much I spent there before pulling the trigger on Shiren.

I've never ordered directly from Aksys or any other game company before; what are the odds that the Shiren limitededition will sell out anytime soon? I've got a convention next weekend, and I kind of wanted to see how much I spent there before pulling the trigger on Shiren.
Honestly, it's all hit and miss. Most Iffy's sets have lasted past release, except for the last one which sold out before hand. NISA is the best, as they have a counter so you know when stock is low.

I grabbed Shiren just in case, but unless these companies give qty's of production or some form of inventory tracker, it's all just a roll of the dice.

Just being a vita set, I can't imagine they made tons, but since no one knows if this set is even coming in it's own box or if it's just parted out, so it may go either way. There just isn't enough information to make an educated guess at this point.

The Shiren LE will probably sell out due to low number produced and then suddenly everyone will want one, myself included.   But I don't think I'm going to pay $60 + shipping for a game I can get for $32 on Amazon. 

Has anyone played Shiren?

Im not interested in the CE, but I love the look of it. I am a fair fan of Rougelikes, such as Dungeons of Dredmor and Swords of the Stars: The Pit.

How does this compare?
Are there classes?
Is there a good variety in progression?

Just being a vita set, I can't imagine they made tons, but since no one knows if this set is even coming in it's own box or if it's just parted out, so it may go either way. There just isn't enough information to make an educated guess at this point.
Yeah, I'd really like some more info re: the CE. Aside from the "does it come with a collector's box" question, I'd also like some more info about the art book. Maybe a photo of a Stormtrooper wearing the bracelet, for scale....

Has anyone played Shiren?

Im not interested in the CE, but I love the look of it. I am a fair fan of Rougelikes, such as Dungeons of Dredmor and Swords of the Stars: The Pit.

How does this compare?
Are there classes?
Is there a good variety in progression?
There are gameplay vids on YouTube. (Both English and Japanese) And it's not a "new" game so there are vids of the older version as well.

That's where I decided to buy a copy.

Shiren is very old school. The progression is mainly going farther along in the games (dungeons of sort) and upgrading your weapons and using consumables to get to the end. It is simple but very hard, and you likely wont beat it anyway easily. It is fun, and I actually got very close to finishing the SNES version.

Found a lone copy of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for $30 at WM. More than I wanted to spend, but it's getting hard to find.
Found one at GameStop during the B2G1 sale for $27. More than I wanted to pay, too, but like you said they're starting to dry up. It helps that the game is actually good.

It helps that the game is actually good.
UMvC3 is excellent. Especially once the update is installed (no spoilers, but it's WORTH updating!). This is one of the physical games I don't plan to sell off since it was removed from PS Store two years ago. I'll have to keep Asphalt Injection and probably some other games as well that I actually like for the same reason.

Shiren is the definitive roguelike experience IMO, as far as games made in the last 20 years or so. I know it's been around since the at least the SNES; it's part of the Mystery Dungeon franchise (Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Etrian Odyssey, etc.), but it's an original series.

Theres a DS game and a Wii game released in NA (and a fan translated PSP game that's just a port of the Wii game). There's no gimmicks or stupid AI teammates like in recent roguelikes, and the difficulty level remains a constant threat well into the postgame.

And many monsters have abilities that will ruin not just that run, but practically your whole save file. You could get sniped by a dragon that's not even in the same room, or have your prized equipment that you've been working on for weeks turned into weeds. And yet it'll keep you coming back for more, like the masochists that we roguelike fans are.

Shiren is the definitive roguelike experience IMO, as far as games made in the last 20 years or so. I know it's been around since the at least the SNES; it's part of the Mystery Dungeon franchise (Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Etrian Odyssey, etc.), but it's an original series.

Theres a DS game and a Wii game released in NA (and a fan translated PSP game that's just a port of the Wii game). There's no gimmicks or stupid AI teammates like in recent roguelikes, and the difficulty level remains a constant threat well into the postgame.

And many monsters have abilities that will ruin not just that run, but practically your whole save file. You could get sniped by a dragon that's not even in the same room, or have your prized equipment that you've been working on for weeks turned into weeds. And yet it'll keep you coming back for more, like the masochists that we roguelike fans are.
I now want this game. Please do not start describing expensive vehicles or mansions. TIA

UMvC3 is excellent. Especially once the update is installed (no spoilers, but it's WORTH updating!). This is one of the physical games I don't plan to sell off since it was removed from PS Store two years ago. I'll have to keep Asphalt Injection and probably some other games as well that I actually like for the same reason.
What's in the update? I have the game on 360 and want to know if it's unique to Vita.

This is all good to hear! I was aware of the DS and Wii Shiren games, but never played them for whatever reason. I have a copy of this one pre-ordered over at Best Buy. I am tempted to get the CE, but the extra cost and lack of GCU or Prime discount has made me decide to stick with the standard edition.

This hit a little too close to home for me. I picked up the DS version of Shiren a month or two ago to see if I'd want to preorder the Vita version. I spent three or four days upgrading my equipment only to have some little bastard hit me with a spell that turned my sword into a weed. Ragequit engaged.

Did it take 3 weeks longer than everyone else for the orders to show up?
That's part of the amazing too.

It took less than a week to arrive. :eek:

tumblr_o26ss17E5Z1uem9ano1_500.gif

I asked for some additional details re: the Shiren LE (I also asked about a Collector's box, so he either didn't address that bit, or the response is meant to imply there isn't one):

jKrhFrr.png

I asked for some additional details re: the Shiren LE (I also asked about a Collector's box, so he either didn't address that bit, or the response is meant to imply there isn't one):

jKrhFrr.png
He would've been better off giving you the link to the product page, lol.

Boy, that was helpful. :p

Does Rice Digital offer a free shipping option if you spend so much?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

He would've been better off giving you the link to the product page, lol.

Boy, that was helpful. :p
WOW, how useless was that right? I just recently ask an Amazon 3rd party vendor about an item I was interested in, and she just kept repeating the same information that was in the listing. I'm like, "do you even have the item in front of you?", as she couldn't take a picture of the item, and all my questions where answered in circles. This reply seems to have been the same, was that the answer robot or what? LOL

Does Rice Digital offer a free shipping option if you spend so much?

Every order I ever made there was free shipping, so unless that was just a promotion, or maybe I met some certain amount, but I just thought it was free across the board.

WOW, how useless was that right? I just recently ask an Amazon 3rd party vendor about an item I was interested in, and she just kept repeating the same information that was in the listing. I'm like, "do you even have the item in front of you?", as she couldn't take a picture of the item, and all my questions where answered in circles. This reply seems to have been the same, was that the answer robot or what? LOL

Every order I ever made there was free shipping, so unless that was just a promotion, or maybe I met some certain amount, but I just thought it was free across the board.
I was looking to order Gal Gun Happiness Edition but shipping to the United States is 23 dollar's.

I was looking to order Gal Gun Happiness Edition but shipping to the United States is 23 dollar's.

I think it's only free if you're in the UK. I've never received/seen free shipping from there. Maybe during certain holidays or promotions?

As far as I can tell, it looks like the start knocking ~50% off shipping on everything after the first item. I added two items that were each ~$16 shipping and the total shipping was about $24.

bread's done
Back