PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Summon Night is one of those series I've always thought I should play but never got around to. I think I owned a copy of Summon Night Swordcraft Story on GBA but never opened it and eventually sold it off. Maybe we'll get a sale on Summon Night 5 so I can finally play one of the games and determine if 6 is worth that kind of cash. I'd rather though just get a regular edition.

Are we getting a vanilla version of this game?
The webpage for the PS4 version says...

"[SIZE=medium]Summon Night 6: Lost Borders is planned for release on the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®Vita in the first quarter of 2017. Digital (PSN) version[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]s of the game will be downloadable in North America, South America and Euro[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]pe, with physical retail copies planned for North America. Details will be announced after E3 about a limited-edition deluxe physical version that will only [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]be available for direct presale from our website here."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]So it sounds like there will be a physical retail version in North America for both systems separate from the LE which is now available for presale.[/SIZE]

this is cool..and pricey...and the only way i can get it....so, i'm getting it. dammit
Same for me, but I'm glad they have a wide window to preorder, as I've been buying way to much shit lately, and I need to save up for this one. I guess that $20 discount will cover shipping cost, but I agree, this one is way high overall.

Has it been confirmed its getting physical outside of this? Don't want to buy it for that price and would just buy standard if it's available
From what I read before it was digital only here in the US.

Not sure if the game will now have a physical copy or if the LE will be the only way to get it.

I picked up Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 & 2 years ago when Gamestop was getting rid of all their GBA games, and then later on got Twin Age on DS.

I've only put a little time into Swordcraft Story, but it was amazing how strikingly similar it was to Tales of Phantasia, at least visually.

Edit: ...how did autocorrect change "I" to "please?"

Please picked up Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 & 2 years ago when Gamestop was getting rid of all their GBA games, and then later on got Twin Age on DS.

I've only put a little time into Swordcraft Story, but it was amazing how strikingly similar it was to Tales of Phantasia, at least visually.
It played similarly though I believe it was only 1 vs 1 compared to the team in the early Tales games. Was pretty fun, even though 1 and 2 had really weak stories. The making new swords and such was fun though.

That LE is cool though too expensive for my relatively weak amount of spending money this year. I will want the game when it releases, but for now I will wait for a standard release.

Are we getting a vanilla version of this game?
In the forums he mentioned the game would get a vanilla version at retail. He gave example of Gamestop and Amazon. Apparently since this is a bandai namco game, they are being a bit strict with him. There is a very strict deadline and rules. So I'm guessing there will be no notoriously late game this time lol.

Cowboom was a disivion of Best Buy. It's not that they killed it, they dropped the "CowBoom" name and integrated the CowBoom offerings into the main site as "Best Buy Outlet".: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/misc/outlet-refurbished-clearance/pcmcat142300050026.c?id=pcmcat142300050026

I think the white PS Vita 1000 that came from the Assassin's Creed Bundle will be a equally or possible even scarcer than the GameStop Aqua Blue 2000 series down the line.

Here's the message I got this morning concerning the exact same issue. I finally got around to inquiring about the certificate on Saturday.
1-866-793-9663 Worked for me

Called and they said they would manually add $10.00 to Account

A lot less hassle than I thought

Thanks for posting

This was about Lego Star Wars Vita Pre Order Bonus

Cowboom was a disivion of Best Buy. It's not that they killed it, they dropped the "CowBoom" name and integrated the CowBoom offerings into the main site as "Best Buy Outlet".: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/misc/outlet-refurbished-clearance/pcmcat142300050026.c?id=pcmcat142300050026
They didn't intergrate the cowboom offerings into the new crappy store. They completely closed cowboom and opened their own internal store that sucks. They don't sell much of anything on there. And thats ignoring there's no deals, no grades, no descriptions ect. cowbooms dead and what we got was a glorified clearance section.

They didn't intergrate the cowboom offerings into the new crappy store. They completely closed cowboom and opened their own internal store that sucks. They don't sell much of anything on there. And thats ignoring there's no deals, no grades, no descriptions ect. cowbooms dead and what we got was a glorified clearance section.
Don't have a cow just because the old store went boom.

That would have to be one amazing adapter seeing how it would have to shrink down a card to make it fit, on top of the adapter itself, and there's only one man for the job.
We've already had this discussion before. But to be serious either a shell you can shove a micro sd into or some kind of slot adapter. All it takes is the technical know how. Hell with modding it may be possible for the 3g vitas to turn the phone slot into a memory unit.

We've already had this discussion before. But to be serious either a shell you can shove a micro sd into or some kind of slot adapter. All it takes is the technical know how. Hell with modding it may be possible for the 3g vitas to turn the phone slot into a memory unit.
Did the honey I shrunk the kids gif not tell you I was kidding? :*(

I must have missed the last discussion since I would have definitely chimed in. It would only be that simple if the two cards were pin compatible, which is the case you see with micro SD and SD cards.

When you transfer between two different storage mediums, one of which is proprietary, you not only have to decode the pin map, but also work out the read/write timing of each pin, also maybe regulate some voltages and/or clock frequency. All this needs Sony to expose their memory card design entirely, or some very dedicated work for a small group of very capable electrical engineers. Even after that, the adapter would most likely contain some logic in them so they need a fab to manufacture those adapters. in short, perhaps a small hardware startup company, preferably in China where they can't get sued, also for the cheap fabs because TSMC sure as hell won't make anything like this. I doubt any engineer would work on that given he/she could do something a lot more profitable with his/her time.

I must have missed the last discussion since I would have definitely chimed in. It would only be that simple if the two cards were pin compatible, which is the case you see with micro SD and SD cards.

When you transfer between two different storage mediums, one of which is proprietary, you not only have to decode the pin map, but also work out the read/write timing of each pin, also maybe regulate some voltages and/or clock frequency. All this needs Sony to expose their memory card design entirely, or some very dedicated work for a small group of very capable electrical engineers. Even after that, the adapter would most likely contain some logic in them so they need a fab to manufacture those adapters. in short, perhaps a small hardware startup company, preferably in China where they can't get sued, also for the cheap fabs because TSMC sure as hell won't make anything like this. I doubt any engineer would work on that given he/she could do something a lot more profitable with his/her time.
You weren't invited to the last discussion because it would've been over as soon as you posted.

giphy.gif

Are you telling me that movie wasn't a documentary? That explains why he never answered my letters.
Everything seemed pretty real to life to me, especially those ants. I jumped 20 feet out of my chair because I was like, ERRRMAAAGEEEERDDD! UNTS!

Still so torn on whether to buy Gal Gun now or not. The game (rail shooter) doesn't interest me that much, but if the physical takes forever to drop beyond 20% and the digital takes forever to drop beyond 50%...

Still so torn on whether to buy Gal Gun now or not. The game (rail shooter) doesn't interest me that much, but if the physical takes forever to drop beyond 20% and the digital takes forever to drop beyond 50%...
To be fair, the game just came out.

And if you need something to compare it to as far as PQube releases are concern, Steins;Gate went on sale for $20 not long after it came out on Amazon, and then the MSRP permanently dropped to $30, and then, pew pew, pew pew, just keep you hopes up. ;D

Something tells me GalGun isn't popular enough to sell out or anything and will go down in price....I'm biting at 50% off the PS4 copy. If you want to play it....get it...otherwise eh...be patient.

And if you need something to compare it to as far as PQube releases are concern, Steins;Gate went on sale for $20 not long after it came out on Amazon, and then the MSRP permanently dropped to $30, and then, pew pew, pew pew, just keep you hopes up. ;D
I too am waiting for a price drop on Gal*Gun. I don't hate rail shooters, but after hearing how this game runs on Vita I want to definitely wait to get it for at least $30, I wish I would have known Steins;Gate already hit $20, I've had my eye on it for awhile. Not a huge fan of visual novels, but I want to start getting into that series and wouldn't mind getting the Vita game for a good price. I've gotten to the point with Vita that I will not buy a game digitally unless the price is too cheap to pass up or it's digital only. I really enjoy these physical Vita games, I don't know what it is, but I am obsessed (I think we all are) with collecting physical Vita games. I will buy anything I see for $10 or less and if it's something I am legitimately interested in I will buy for $20 or less. I've managed to get some good deals at Wal-Mart recently just digging through the painfully hard to dig through clearance bin, Vita games seem to be buried because I've checked the same bin at the same Wal-Mart a few times now and just found a copy of Gravity Rush for $9.88 the other day after picking up Borderlands 2 a few weeks ago. I also picked up spare charger for the OLED Vita and a couple of 4 GB cards for cheap. They also had MLB 14 and Walking Dead Season 2 at this store, I should probably pick up Walking Dead, but MLB is something I will never play. Sports games especially basebore games are something I will only pick up for $5 or less, luckily the Vita doesn't really have many sports titles.

I too am waiting for a price drop on Gal*Gun. I don't hate rail shooters, but after hearing how this game runs on Vita I want to definitely wait to get it for at least $30, I wish I would have known Steins;Gate already hit $20, I've had my eye on it for awhile. Not a huge fan of visual novels, but I want to start getting into that series and wouldn't mind getting the Vita game for a good price. I've gotten to the point with Vita that I will not buy a game digitally unless the price is too cheap to pass up or it's digital only. I really enjoy these physical Vita games, I don't know what it is, but I am obsessed (I think we all are) with collecting physical Vita games. I will buy anything I see for $10 or less and if it's something I am legitimately interested in I will buy for $20 or less.
It basically dropped way down in price a little before the Amazon "LE" version was announced, and then it stayed like that for a few weeks before it went back up to the new MSRP price. I guess at the very least the MSRP is down from $40 to $30 now, but yeah, the $20 mark was just too good for me to pass on when the sale occurred.

I too am waiting for a price drop on Gal*Gun. I don't hate rail shooters, but after hearing how this game runs on Vita I want to definitely wait to get it for at least $30, I wish I would have known Steins;Gate already hit $20, I've had my eye on it for awhile. Not a huge fan of visual novels, but I want to start getting into that series and wouldn't mind getting the Vita game for a good price. I've gotten to the point with Vita that I will not buy a game digitally unless the price is too cheap to pass up or it's digital only. I really enjoy these physical Vita games, I don't know what it is, but I am obsessed (I think we all are) with collecting physical Vita games. I will buy anything I see for $10 or less and if it's something I am legitimately interested in I will buy for $20 or less. I've managed to get some good deals at Wal-Mart recently just digging through the painfully hard to dig through clearance bin, Vita games seem to be buried because I've checked the same bin at the same Wal-Mart a few times now and just found a copy of Gravity Rush for $9.88 the other day after picking up Borderlands 2 a few weeks ago. I also picked up spare charger for the OLED Vita and a couple of 4 GB cards for cheap. They also had MLB 14 and Walking Dead Season 2 at this store, I should probably pick up Walking Dead, but MLB is something I will never play. Sports games especially basebore games are something I will only pick up for $5 or less, luckily the Vita doesn't really have many sports titles.

It basically dropped way down in price a little before the Amazon "LE" version was announced, and then it stayed like that for a few weeks before it went back up to the new MSRP price. I guess at the very least the MSRP is down from $40 to $30 now, but yeah, the $20 mark was just too good for me to pass on when the sale occurred.
Hopefully it's around $20 again soon, I'd love to pick it up at that price. How is the game? I'm going to start watching the anime soon, possibly tonight if I have time.

I think the white PS Vita 1000 that came from the Assassin's Creed Bundle will be a equally or possible even scarcer than the GameStop Aqua Blue 2000 series down the line.
Hmm....maybe I'll invest in a backup vita and retire my AC Crystal White Vita...

I'd love to pick up a second vita but I honestly don't see the point right now. They're still fairly pricey and my launch vita is still kicking ass. My vita TV is pretty much barely played but it's still functional too. And thanks to henkaku that can play pretty much any vita game now so idk if it's worth it. I definitely want to get a colored vita at some point in time but I still feel like at this point I can wait.

Also total side note for those of you considering doing henkaku and haven't yet.... Gameboy games on vita just feel right.

I'd love to pick up a second vita but I honestly don't see the point right now. They're still fairly pricey and my launch vita is still kicking ass. My vita TV is pretty much barely played but it's still functional too. And thanks to henkaku that can play pretty much any vita game now so idk if it's worth it. I definitely want to get a colored vita at some point in time but I still feel like at this point I can wait.

Also total side note for those of you considering doing henkaku and haven't yet.... Gameboy games on vita just feel right.
I'm just concerned about PSN bans. We'll have to see how long it takes Sony to come out with a 3.61...

Your suggesting that there is a demand for engineers in the freeworld? Maybe in China, but I think most engineers in my area would consider themselves lucky to get a job bagging groceries. Industry is flat dead save for a handful of post-NAFTA European companies that produce goods here to send back to the countries they came from, which is kinda weird. And even then they literally bring the bulk of their workforce here from their country of origin.

ad block so I didn't see it
Your ad block is defective if it's blocking out Squarehard's gifs.

Let's liven up our drab desktop wallpapers shall we?

Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault

http://aksysgames.com/aepa/special/

Akiba's Trip

(look under "Multimedia") http://www.akibastrip.com/

Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors

http://criminalgirls2.com/media/wallpaper.php

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

http://danganronpa.us/danganronpa/special.html

Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space

(look under "Creepy Stuff") http://www.theedfdeploys.com/edf2/

Ragnorak Odyssey

(look under "Multimedia")http://www.ragnarokodysseyvita.com/

Ragnorak Odyssey ACE

(look under "Multimedia") http://ragnarokodysseyace.com/

Senran Kagura: Bon Apetit!

(look under "Sweets") http://www.hanzonationalacademy.com/skba/

Senran Kagura: Estival Versus

http://www.hanzonationalacademy.com/skev/multi.html

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus

(look under "Multimedia") http://www.hanzonationalacademy.com/sksv/

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

(look under "Extra Credit") http://www.trailsofcoldsteel.com/cs1/

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II

http://www.trailsofcoldsteel.com/cs2/propaganda.html

Valhalla Knight 3

(look under "Multimedia") http://valhallaknights3.com/

Yomawari Night Alone

http://nisamerica.com/games/yomawari/special.php

Ys: Memories of Celceta

http://worldofys.com/celceta/multimedia.html

Zero Escape: Volume 2: Virtue's Last Reward

http://virtueslastreward.com/wallpaper/

eh I doubt they are gonna do any more updates considering they dropped support.  then again they may do one like they did with the vita tv just to spite us

Have the preorders for Shantae on Best Buy ever opened up? The product page has been saying "Coming Soon" for some time now.
I've been checking the product pages for all three versions daily for a long time now, they haven't gone up yet:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=Shantae&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

But it comes out 9/27, so there's still some time.

Lumo is getting a physical vita release in Europe only and PS4 for North America.

lumo_ps4_physical.jpg

Price is £19.99. Don't know if that's for both versions of the game.

http://bit.ly/2axrvhc
Sweet, thanks for the heads up. Why does the US Vita get slighted so often for physical releases are beyond me? Did the Vita sale better in EU than the US?

In the end, I'm just happy for a physical release, as I just found out about this game recently, but since my 64GB card is full, I was going to have to wait for purchasing due to lack of space. Now I can dive in head first, and order this ASAP!

EDIT: Any UK shops taking preorders yet for the Vita game?

I believe the Vita did do better in UK and Japan, didn't do well in the US so Sony abandons it.
Well, most of the UK only physical releases come from 3rd parties or indie titles, so while Sony threw in the towel right out of the gate in the US, I was just curious on overall system sales.

I knew the Vita did best in Japan, but I would have figured the US was second best, but if EU is behind Japan, I guess that explains a lot in regards to these physical releases.

Your suggesting that there is a demand for engineers in the freeworld? Maybe in China, but I think most engineers in my area would consider themselves lucky to get a job bagging groceries.
That was not my main argument, but since you brought it up:

Do not know where you live, I'm in silicon valley, and there is still a healthy demand for EE and CS majors. In fact I can tell you the typical new hire salary for most companies here. And if you are American citizen on top of being a CS/EE major, your advantages are downright unfair to others.

If you are bio, mech or industrial engineering though, better start learning Python, Perl and Java now. I was only referring to electrical engineers in my post explaining the technical difficulties of making the adapter.

Sweet, thanks for the heads up. Why does the US Vita get slighted so often for physical releases are beyond me? Did the Vita sale better in EU than the US?
My theory (in general, as this issue isn't just limited to Vita releases) is that it has to do with the high penetration of broadband connectivity here. While the US isn't #1 in that category, other game regions tend to cover areas where high-speed internet isn't as common so a digital-only release in those regions would severely limit the scope of the game's addressable market. In the US that's not really the case, a digital-only release only shaves your addressable market by the small fraction of us boycott digital distribution.

Ah I see TooPoor. Yeah, that would make sense in Silicon Valley, at least the entire nation is facing the same plight.

I believe the Vita did do better in UK and Japan, didn't do well in the US so Sony abandons it.
Actually, Sony "abandoned" the Vita in Region 1 (US & Canada) at it's peak due to the Sony Corporation bankruptcy that was going on in Japan in 2014, which was not resolved (debts paid off and going out of business averted) until early 2015. During this time they dropped 1st party development of any new titles for the PS Vita as well as scrapping all PS Vita marketing in North America, along with reducing their PS4 marketing budget. Fallout from staving off bankruptcy was that they literally sold off manufacturing and product divisions to pay back the debts they owed, including their OLED screen manufacturing facilities, one of which produced the Vita 1000 series screen, and the Vaio Computer division which was rumored to have been responsible for the development of the Vita's proprietary memory card. And, if rumor is true this would be a logical explanation as to why no larger capacity memory card has been developed for the Vita despite demand globally for such. A second rumor exists that the very patent for the memory technology used by the Vita memory card may have been mistakenly sold off along with the Vaio computer division, but these are mere rumors, totally believable rumors, but rumors none the less.

It's not that Sony has abandoned the platform, they simply have executives at the top who are absolutely clueless when it comes to how to actually run a company and do so on a budget. Any fool knows that if the CEO of your company is making eighty million dollars a year, and your products are selling well, but the company is undergoing bankruptcy hearings in court that the CEO absolutely must have his pay cut. But literally in Sony's case neither the CEO nor the board of directors (also all making millions annually) took any pay cuts, which one can only logically conclude destines Sony to repeat their debt issues again sometime in the future.

bread's done
Back