PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't own a PS4, nor do I have a monitor or a TV with a HDMI input, so even my poor PS3 that I've owned for years is utterly (useless) neglected. Xbox 360 is the most recent gaming console I own that I can hook-up, via VGA cable, to my computer monitor. So naturally I go for the Vita games.

So for those of you that have a Playstation 4 and a Vita, how do you decide which platform to purchase a game for?

For World of Final Fantasy, I'm thinking Vita but this will be the first game I've had to make this choice with. I do have Project Diva X on Vita and it's available on both and I plan on purchasing the PS4 version at some point.
Well for World of Final Fantasy I went with the PS4 version by virtue of the CE from the Square Enix website. I still may pick up the Vita version for $31.99 if it never sees a normal price drop. Does the Day 1 Vita version come with anything physical (like a slipcover or mini artbook or something) or is it just DLC?

So for those of you that have a Playstation 4 and a Vita, how do you decide which platform to purchase a game for?

For World of Final Fantasy, I'm thinking Vita but this will be the first game I've had to make this choice with. I do have Project Diva X on Vita and it's available on both and I plan on purchasing the PS4 version at some point.
I don't have a PS4, but I would recommend getting the games on PS4 if the performance on the vita experiences low fps, long load times, or in just general doesn't look as good. Since you can remote play while at home, only need it on the vita if you're out and about.

I likely hold a very unpopular opinion of the Vita right now but:

1. Porting to it while coming out on the PS4/PS3 is holding games back.

2. It seems lately that Vita versions while being portable seem to be as clean as the other versions such as a bit of lag in some Atelier games, Trails of Cold Steel 2 not running as well, Setsuna running badly, etc.... making the Vita versions just not as good.

I think Vita only games still are must buys and some like World of Final Fantasy seem like they're made for the Vita even though there is a version for the consoles.

In other words i'm buying less Vita games, and choosing the other versions more often such as Grand Kingdom. I still love my Vita, but I know it's getting phased out eventually for the PS4 in Japanese game development, and frankly I'm happy about that. Visual novels still are perfect on the Vita, since well they look alright and can be long, so it's kind of like bringing along a book. Just my opinion of course.

I don't own a PS4, nor do I have a monitor or a TV with a HDMI input, so even my poor PS3 that I've owned for years is utterly (useless) neglected. Xbox 360 is the most recent gaming console I own that I can hook-up, via VGA cable, to my computer monitor. So naturally I go for the Vita games.
besides just getting another tv, their should be third party adapters for different systems, also you can run an xbox one through ur computer if you have windows and just use a controller with adapter and play that way

Since there seem to be some new Vita owners now (Welcome!), I thought I would post a link for a nice tempered glass screen protector that I recently purchased:

https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Akwox-Tempered-Protective-PlayStation/dp/B01GYPAZOK/ref=pd_ybh_a_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=A2217HWM163CDH8NZJG9

This is for the slim, although they do have a version for the phat as well. I just recently got mine and applied it, I am very happy with it. This is fairly cheap and is prime eligible, so you should get it fast. I was worried when I first got it, because the packaging makes it look like it's for a cell phone, but it was exactly what I ordered. These are 2 packs, btw.

I won't be going back to plastic protectors, these glass ones are awesome and easy to put on. Just make sure to apply in a steamy bathroom. Hope this helps someone out. And no, I don't benefit from endorsing this in any way. Just a happy user.
I'm not a new owner, but I seriously added these to my list yesterday also. I'm hoping to pick them up in the next few weeks. Glad to know they are a solid purchase!

Man, I just wanted to say how much I love my Vita Slim.   I wish I picked up one of those used ones off Amazon Warehouse...

Has anyone ever replaced their battery on the slim?  That is the main thing I"m worried that will go out first...

Depends on the game and graphical aspect of it. If it's a slow RPG using sprites, Vita. If graphics is a big appeal, PS4.

Right now, I can't decide on World of Final Fantasy either. The graphics are really nice so I'm tempted for PS4. Dragon Quest Builders is also similar, but I'll probably play that on PS4 just cause we don't get the physical until months later.

Man, I just wanted to say how much I love my Vita Slim. I wish I picked up one of those used ones off Amazon Warehouse...

Has anyone ever replaced their battery on the slim? That is the main thing I"m worried that will go out first...
I went through squaretrade to replace my battery so I can't help you there. Some posters have mentioned its not too difficult in the past but I doubt that's the case.

Are there any preorder bonus exclusives for World of Final Fantasy? I know about the PSN preorder but I'd like a physicals copy and can't tell if Amazon or BB have anything special.

Day One Edition includes White Chocobo, Glow Moogle and Red Tonberry Mirages, a Sephiroth summon and a Japanese voice-over option. These are the "bonuses"
Glad I came across your post, didn't know Japanese voices are a day one edition bonus. It's a code inside the case I presume.

Looks like I will have to preorder now, can't play with English VO.

EDIT: And it looks like BBY website doesn't even explicitly list the preorder bonus (while both AMZ and GS have it listed), get your shit together, BBY.

It's not a preorder bonus though. Day 1 is usually just a portion of the first run, or all of the first run. Also, the VO is just a separate, free download if you get the physical release on Vita whereas it's on the disc for PS4. 

It's not a preorder bonus though. Day 1 is usually just a portion of the first run, or all of the first run. Also, the VO is just a separate, free download if you get the physical release on Vita whereas it's on the disc for PS4.
Cool thanks. I imagine the Japanes VO would be available to download afterwards. Going to wait for a digital sale on this one, too many Vita games to play.

I'm considering getting World of Final Fantasy.   It's hard to beat that $32 Prime deal on Amazon and I like that the game is more of a traditional turn based rpg.    Looking ahead at the release lists though, I think outside of what I've already bought through pre-ordering (Muv-Luv, Shantae HGH) I think there are maybe a half dozen or less  physical games I want for the Vita (both back catalog & known games coming soon).

It is both sad and yet it makes my wallet happy.  Really i need to focus some on actually playing more of what I own, deciding what is worth keeping, and then getting rid of anything that I don't find fun.

I'm getting it. Most people are saying it's a great fan service game, and that's actually enough to convince me. Even if it's not game of the year, as long as it's not horrible, it'll be some light hearted fun.

It also looks incredibly cute.

tumblr_mofz5daEPJ1qixfalo1_500.gif

Honestly, big reason I'm getting/preordered World of Final Fantasy is to show SquareEnix, and hopefully other big publishers, that people still want AAA, physical release games on Vita. (The only FF game I've really played is Crisis Core. Though I loved it).

I'm getting it. Most people are saying it's a great fan service game, and that's actually enough to convince me. Even if it's not game of the year, as long as it's not horrible, it'll be some light hearted fun.
I read some articles about the game as well as watched a trailer for it. The game seems pretty nice with the old school turn based mechanics coupled with the whole stacking of captured beasts thing to provide a little customization of your party. Plus there's the switching from Chibi style to Tall style should add a little complexity to the experience. It gives me a feeling of what a Final Fantasy take on DQ Monsters Joker would be like.

28167407000_8f488f63b5_c.jpg

I played it at sdcc for like 10 minutes. Its not my cup of tea, but it reminded me of exactly what people are talking about here.
Is it too traditional....not much happening or something? I fear it will be a collect-a-thon, and frankly I already have that in the Pokemon games in November.

If we have learned anything from past Vita releases it's that the "Day One Edition" will be the only edition.

Also boo to NISA. New game announced today will be digital-only for the Vita, and I was rather looking forward to it when they had discussed it some weeks ago.

If we have learned anything from past Vita releases it's that the "Day One Edition" will be the only edition.

Also boo to NISA. New game announced today will be digital-only for the Vita, and I was rather looking forward to it when they had discussed it some weeks ago.
That's not always true.

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace had a launch edition, and then followed by regular editions.

Although, I will have to admit, it sort of seems that the strategy has been abandoned since then. :p

That's not always true.

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace had a launch edition, and then followed by regular editions.
That's more like a boxed collector's edition really. Was common the initial two years Vita was out and mainstream retailers were still giving the system case space and upbeat that Sony Computer Entertainment America was going to follow through with advertising and promotional support of the system, but once it was clear that wasn't happening even the game publishers backed off from that, notably Atlus.

WoFF's "Day One Edition" release is likely to become something of an inevitable enigma like a certain One Piece game that is also on the Vita. Seeing as how WoFF Has the destinction of having been up for pre-order nearly a year means sales are going not likely to fare very well beyond launch. I don't say that to often, but in this case we're dealing with a well established franchise that people all over the internet have been saying they have pre-ordered, myself included.

woff.jpg

I know we are in the middle of FF talk.

But I'm just too excited to get my first batch of imports, which cost me a pretty penny to get those games on my shelf, most likely won't do it again anytime soon...

[attachment=23995:20161010_134232.jpg]

I know we are in the middle of FF talk.

But I'm just too excited to get my first batch of imports, which cost me a pretty penny to get those games on my shelf, most likely won't do it again anytime soon...

attachicon.gif
20161010_134232.jpg
Man, I've been importing since the mid to late 80's, but I hardly ever import much anymore. Vita is actually the only games I import anymore, and for physical games in English, that we wouldn't get here otherwise, I'm more than happy to pay the premium.

SE released some videos comparing the vita and ps4 versions of WoFF. Both run at 30fps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T2J1tpyHYI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5AMOsukFU8

Looks pretty good imo

That's not always true.

Although, I will have to admit, it sort of seems that the strategy has been abandoned since then. :p
Same with Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed. They called it the bonus edition though. Same concept.

SE released some videos comparing the vita and ps4 versions of WoFF. Both run at 30fps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T2J1tpyHYI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5AMOsukFU8

Looks pretty good imo
Hilarious how they dont make one of them amazing.

They both look subpar as all get out...though Im still super excited x.x

How can you tell?  As my Vita has been shelved for, effectively, years DQB is the first game to get me back.  I'm debating WoFF on the same system.  It's small steps like this.  I thought about DOA Extreme but I'll be honest that it seems like most "Vita" threads are just full of pervy games.  Is that what Vita has devolved into while I was away?

If your a fan of final fantasy and get through videos an idea for what type of gameplay youre getting into I'm sure its a game you'll like. But dont go in with No Man's Sky expectations.

October is going to be an expensive month for me, especially with the imports I plan on getting. ><

Then next month is Black Friday and all dem deals are also going to put a dent in my wallet. :O

October is going to be an expensive month for me, especially with the imports I plan on getting. &gt;&lt;

Then next month is Black Friday and all dem deals are also going to put a dent in my wallet. :O
Tell me about it, play-asia going to get one of my paychecks, at least one

If your a fan of final fantasy and get through videos an idea for what type of gameplay youre getting into I'm sure its a game you'll like. But dont go in with No Man's Sky expectations.
It's Square Enix game. I don't think anyone's expectations are that high to begin with. Hell if it isn't carved up into an episodic release, it already has a big plus going for it.

Despite the delayed release email I got earlier from play-Asia about my Asian version English language preorder of Dragon Quest Builders, I just got a shipping notice that it's on the way. now the wait continues as it travels across the Pacific.

Despite the delayed release email I got earlier from play-Asia about my Asian version English language preorder of Dragon Quest Builders, I just got a shipping notice that it's on the way. now the wait continues as it travels across the Pacific.
I've gotten 2 emails, the first said they were authorizing my payment and the second said their first batch is sold out and the next set wouldn't go out till nov 3 but that I "shouldn't worry." :roll:

bread's done
Back