PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
If possible, could someone suggest the best order to play the Disgaea games in for the PS Vita? The series seems interested and I thought I would try it out.

If possible, could someone suggest the best order to play the Disgaea games in for the PS Vita? The series seems interested and I thought I would try it out.
1 PSP, 2 PSP, 3 Vita, 4 Vita, 5 PS4 and if you want to Disgaea D2 PS3 maybe after 1 PSP..... Play them in order IMHO though they are pretty independent of 1 another. I recommend starting Disgaea 1 though, as it's my favorite likely.

1 PSP, 2 PSP, 3 Vita, 4 Vita, 5 PS4 and if you want to Disgaea D2 PS3 maybe after 1 PSP..... Play them in order IMHO though they are pretty independent of 1 another. I recommend starting Disgaea 1 though, as it's my favorite likely.
Which one is "1"? I see that there are few without a number on the name like Afternoon of Darkness, and Infinite. Or is #1 not available on the Vita?

Seeing as how WoFF Has the destinction of having been up for pre-order nearly a year means sales are going not likely to fare very well beyond launch. I don't say that to often, but in this case we're dealing with a well established franchise that people all over the internet have been saying they have pre-ordered, myself included.
I don't know about that. It was on my radar for a year, but I didn't order it til the past month, after all the videos of the demos etc. came out.

Japanese games that release in the States before Japan always make me a little apprehensive.

There really wasn't a lot of info about it until recently.

I got my protein shakes ready to go
attachicon.gif
20161011_185542.jpg
Got the same combo!

my AWD Vita came in and it wasn't wrapped in any paper like y'alls. just some plastic and bubble thingies. its definitely used, it still had the previous owner logged in on it. still, not bad for $90.

Which one is "1"? I see that there are few without a number on the name like Afternoon of Darkness, and Infinite. Or is #1 not available on the Vita?
infinite is a visual novel. the psp version is the only way to play the first 2 on a vita. As they were originally ps2 titles and ps2 games cannot be downloaded to the vita.

disagaea 1 is really rough around the edges just to warn you. You may want to play 2 first to get a good feel for the series then try going back. I wouldn't want you to be too put off by dated mechanics present in 1.

2 thus far is my favorite story wise. and had a far tighter focus on story than the other titles and tries to tell it seriously.

3 is the only game in the series I don't rec playing at all. The 4th wall jokes every minute just kill the game to me.

I'm looking at the Disgaea 5 Season Pass. Anyone play the extra missions?

On a vita note, I started up Valkyrie Drive first and had some fun out of it. Only really two stages, lotsa collectibles it seems. (In the form of costume wear).

They split the release for US market. Doubt they bother with the combo version on vita here when they could have done it originally. 

What about tissues and lotion? And for some people a sock. Since you'll be grinding long hard hours in those jrpgs, and a lot of sweat stains will accumulate, and you will need to lotion up your joints. And a sock in case you are indoors during the winter and it gets cold.
Three socks and alternate.

The World of Final Fantasy Demo will be available on October 17 (on a Monday).  Finishing the demo will give you the opportunity to acquire the same bonus Magitek P (the Police Armor Magitek) as in the Japanese demo.

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Checklist updated!:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

Is Danganronpa 1 & 2 Reload coming to US either in physical or digital? If not, does the asian version have english subtitles option?

Thanks
Yeah, this was NISA's first indiscretion against the Vita community this month by announcing they only bothered with licensing Danganronpa 1&2 Reload for the PS4. Second indiscretion was back tracking on Touhou: Genso Wanderer and deciding to do it as "digital-only" for the Vita. This pretty much guarantees that Danganronpas 1 and 2 for the Vita are going to remain rather pricey on the used market for the foreseeable future.

Well, Digimon: Cyber sleuth arrived yesterday. I also have my preorder in with heavyarm for Dragon Quest Builders. I wonder when they will ship it?

And just hours ago I preordered World of Final Fantasy and Shantae all for the vita. expensive month for us vita players. A lot of games now but I guess this will tide us over for what seems like a drought in the coming months.

Well, Digimon: Cyber sleuth arrived yesterday. I also have my preorder in with heavyarm for Dragon Quest Builders. I wonder when they will ship it?

And just hours ago I preordered World of Final Fantasy and Shantae all for the vita. expensive month for us vita players. A lot of games now but I guess this will tide us over for what seems like a drought in the coming months.
Agreed I feel a drought coming and games coming out will likely not crash in price too much. Sucks Vita being so niche since I don't really like having to get games around release or not really at all.

Is rice suppose to ship out Valk Drive this week or some random day this month??
Mine arrived on Monday. If you ordered from the restocked batch, yours won't arrive until later. You'll get an email from their shipping company with a tracking number when it actually ships.

There's a chance we could end up with four Vita releases from LRG next month. We already know Volume had been intended for end of this month but has been officially delayed until next month. Then there was the mystery title for this month which has also been delayed, likely until next month. And if you take into account LRG was hoping to do two releases a month through the end of this year that equates to a possibility of four titles next month from them, plus the three from the more mainstream publishers.:

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (11/1)
Root Letter (11/10)
Steins;Gate 0 (11/29)

Steve told me they are shipping some of the DQB today, at least the Express ones.

This is the type of games that generally come to the Vita now no wonder it gets a bad rep
These are fun games, I played Valkrie on the train this morning, smooth and stylish. Don't know what you are talking about.

Hey I heard cg2 is supposed to be fun....and actually a good game
"Actually"? CG1 was very fun, a well designed DRPG under a layer of slightly naughty fan-service. Don't know what you are talking about.

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Checklist updated!:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

Yeah, this was NISA's first indiscretion against the Vita community this month by announcing they only bothered with licensing Danganronpa 1&2 Reload for the PS4. Second indiscretion was back tracking on Touhou: Genso Wanderer and deciding to do it as "digital-only" for the Vita. This pretty much guarantees that Danganronpas 1 and 2 for the Vita are going to remain rather pricey on the used market for the foreseeable future.
Thanks for the info. I rather not pay $30 for used/new Vita games. I know they are on sale for $20 per digitally, but I rather get physical unless the digital is the only way of getting a game OR digital is significantly cheaper. That is why I was hoping for Reload to release for the Vita that way I can get both for about $32 new.

Criminal Girls 1 was easily likely my favorite NISA game the year it came out (I don't like many of their games anymore). It's more in depth and has good characters worth caring about. I can't wait to start Criminal Girls 2, but it's happening after finishing Dracu-Riot (getting kind of boring....) and playing it while playing DQ7. 

Is Danganronpa 1 & 2 Reload coming to US either in physical or digital? If not, does the asian version have english subtitles option?

Thanks
Sorry for the off topic reply Disgaea wise Disgaea d2 (not to be confused with regular disgaea 2) is also worth playing last since its the most evolved mechanic wise and a direct story sequel to the first game. Just make sure to play it after the first at the least like others have said.

All the other titles are set in a different region in the same universe and aren't connected story wise. They just have the main cast return as playable characters in the next entry usually. etna flonne and laharl appear in disgaea 2 and every entry from there I believe. With the enhanced versions typically reverse porting the main characters from the next entry back into previous games.

Criminal Girls 1 was easily likely my favorite NISA game the year it came out (I don't like many of their games anymore). It's more in depth and has good characters worth caring about. I can't wait to start Criminal Girls 2, but it's happening after finishing Dracu-Riot (getting kind of boring....) and playing it while playing DQ7.
its harder then the first one if i remember right.. Just when you first start out and hit the first boss you have to grind to level 5 just to get past it..... i love the button control instead of touch screen on punishment.. Though may go back to touch. i feel like i might break my nobs off.. that sounds so wrong :)

These are fun games, I played Valkrie on the train this morning, smooth and stylish. Don't know what you are talking about.

"Actually"? CG1 was very fun, a well designed DRPG under a layer of slightly naughty fan-service. Don't know what you are talking about.
I didn't mean it badly at all and wasn't implying anything bad towards the first 1. I was literally just saying I heard it was a good game unironically. Which is why I picked it up too. Haven't played it yet but won't toll this weekend

Fully agreed. I plan to start CG2 soon, I like to do a DRPG - Indie - Indie - Action - DRPG cycle on the Vita. Since I just finished Ray Gigant, then Entwined/Kung Fu Rabbit/Retro City Rampage, will now fill in VD as the action game, and then start a new DRPG (CG2).

Although I love DRPGs, I can't play them in succession, or else I feel exhausted since they are typically very long. Looking forward to starting CG2 as well.

I didn't mean it badly at all and wasn't implying anything bad towards the first 1. I was literally just saying I heard it was a good game unironically. Which is why I picked it up too. Haven't played it yet but won't toll this weekend
I was trying to sound over-enthusiastic on purpose with lime green texts. I know the place of Vita games, don't need to take those remarks seriously :lol:

I made a mistake! Pre-ordered Valkyrie Drive Liberator edition from Rice Digital, and then planned on using a forwarding service to get it sent to me. I ended up saving about $20 last release by doing it that way. 

Well, the Valkyrie Drive LE apparently is larger than the last thing I ordered, so the cheapest shipping option was $34 through DHL using the forwarding service. 

Guess that'll teach me! Rice digital's shipping costs are horrible, but it looks like if I want something I'll have to pay it. Unfortunately due to this, I can't bring myself to order the Root Letter and Steins:Gate editions. >.< Especially since I just bought a brand new truck. 

bread's done
Back