PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone play Tales of Hearts R? I wanted to know more about the game before I buy it...
biggest reason to pick it up at this price is that its more expensive physically and a little on the rarer side due to being on a vita.

1 thing to note is that they dole out party members more sparingly in this game than other tales of titles. You wont have more than 3 party members until towards the end of part 1. and wont have all the party members till near the end of part 2.

biggest reason to pick it up at this price is that its more expensive physically and a little on the rarer side due to being on a vita.

1 thing to note is that they dole out party members more sparingly in this game than other tales of titles. You wont have more than 3 party members until towards the end of part 1. and wont have all the party members till near the end of part 2.
I havent had a chance to start playing this yet. I bought a sealed copy a couple months ago. Does this mean I should buy it digitally too and keep mine sealed up then?

Anyone play Tales of Hearts R? I wanted to know more about the game before I buy it...
It's a Tales game, better than some of the recent ones I've heard. It's good. It has a overworld, a decent story, towns, and good gameplay. I played the game, beat it. It has a good ending. I recommend it. Definitely a necessity for every Vita collection.

Didn't see it posted earlier, but Amazon price matched GS for Grand Kingdom. Grabbed a copy since none of my GS had it in stock and $20 was my "to buy" price. At least it will be sealed from Amazon!

It's weird that my remote play quality has gone from bad to excellent (when they released the update that improves quality when both are on the same wireless network) to bad again.

I don't think anything has changed in terms of firmware, so I'm assuming my added appliances in the kitchen has reduced the upload speed of my PS4 (kitchen is between PS4 and the router). My down speed on my PS4 is healthy (around 24MB), but my upload speed is around 200KB, what are the upload speeds that you guys have to remain a smooth remote play (on the same wireless network) experience?

They may do the NISA LE physical thing again....I could see that.
Yes, hoping that will be the case as well. Certainly seems interesting they bothered announcing it as they did and gives hope that something is in the works with a publisher, well, no that Tecmo-Koei can't self publish they just tend not to do so where Vita is concerned these days. NISA Is definitely the most likely candidate since they have already partnered with Koei twice already, but also mustn't discount the possibility of LRG either as they did say at one point they had talked with Tecmo-Koei.

Didn't see it posted earlier, but Amazon price matched GS for Grand Kingdom. Grabbed a copy since none of my GS had it in stock and $20 was my "to buy" price. At least it will be sealed from Amazon!
i still say these be 9.99 black friday tempetd to buy one ... maybe if they start going out of stock i might or i will wait and see seen a used one for 18 at amazon though what the hell

Hi Everyone. I debating if I should get a vita. Got a 3ds and wanted to get feedback. Any  vita games recommended? Grew up playing old ms-dos, gameboy, snes,etc. Final fantasy, xenogears, etc. Xenogears, zelda, fire emblem. Tales of Vesperia, etc. looking into shooters, platforms, JRPG. Just wondering if its worth having  vita. 

Vita plays all ps4 disc games via remote play correct?  PS3 disc games dont work on remote play unless its download copy right?I dont like the purchase games that u already have again. What else can u do with the vita besides remote play? Anyone got the different color vita models? heard region free, but how does the games play? Is the game controller buttons the same as the us vita? I heard about the region consoles has the x and o button flip around. Would there be any problems with future updates, psn, sign in using a usa login, etc on a japanese, asia,etc. vita console?

Hi Everyone. I debating if I should get a vita. Got a 3ds and wanted to get feedback. Any vita games recommended? Grew up playing old ms-dos, gameboy, snes,etc. Final fantasy, xenogears, etc. Xenogears, zelda, fire emblem. Tales of Vesperia, etc. looking into shooters, platforms, JRPG. Just wondering if its worth having vita.

Vita plays all ps4 disc games via remote play correct? PS3 disc games dont work on remote play unless its download copy right?I dont like the purchase games that u already have again. What else can u do with the vita besides remote play? Anyone got the different color vita models? heard region free, but how does the games play? Is the game controller buttons the same as the us vita? I heard about the region consoles has the x and o button flip around. Would there be any problems with future updates, psn, sign in using a usa login, etc on a japanese, asia,etc. vita console?
tumblr_m5u04lKMQj1rqlfp9.gif

Is God Eater Resurrection worth getting? At $8 it sounds like a great deal but I wonder if it will go even lower because its starting price is $20. 

I just got Grand Kingdom.  Not sure I'm the right person to ask though as I was really just looking for a "filler" game until DQ:B.  I thought it was fun, a bit of a change.  I see real potential playing online but I got wrecked bad trying it myself.

Hi Everyone. I debating if I should get a vita. Got a 3ds and wanted to get feedback. Any vita games recommended? Grew up playing old ms-dos, gameboy, snes,etc. Final fantasy, xenogears, etc. Xenogears, zelda, fire emblem. Tales of Vesperia, etc. looking into shooters, platforms, JRPG. Just wondering if its worth having vita.

Vita plays all ps4 disc games via remote play correct? PS3 disc games dont work on remote play unless its download copy right?I dont like the purchase games that u already have again. What else can u do with the vita besides remote play? Anyone got the different color vita models? heard region free, but how does the games play? Is the game controller buttons the same as the us vita? I heard about the region consoles has the x and o button flip around. Would there be any problems with future updates, psn, sign in using a usa login, etc on a japanese, asia,etc. vita console?
vitas tie profiles to the memory card and its 1 per card. You can sign in on to any psn no matter the system regon of origin if you can set one up and have a way to pay for purchases. Note that patches are region free but all dlc is region locked to their respective regions psns.

Personally I'd say a vita is worth getting if you can find one for sub 100$ (I paid 79 for mine) and find enough games you want to play on it. If playing on the go isn't an issue you'd be better off getting a vita tv since those pop up for around 20-40$ and you can use a ps3/4 controller on them. The biggest detractor is the memory cards cost more than the damn system does. expect to play 2$ per gb amount of the cards or more.

One major benefit would be to buy one through ebay handheld wise and get the square trade warranty on it in case anythings wrong and have them take care of it for ya.

Tales of hearts r and innocence r are on the vita though innocence r wasn't localized. Hearts r feels like a gradual step from vesperia minus the lack of larger spells and floating blah blah blah tidal wave/meteor storm rita.

You're asking a Vita fanbase if it's worth having a Vita lol
Eh vita owners seem pretty honest about the failings of the system in this thread. We can't go a week without someone bringing up the lack of games or something. Its also not like you were helpful by giving him somewhere to go and find out such information.

Is God Eater Resurrection worth getting? At $8 it sounds like a great deal but I wonder if it will go even lower because its starting price is $20.
I'm sure it will go to 5. Maybe even 4 some day. 8 isn't bad considering how new it is.

I own a 3DS, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4, and gaming PC, and my Vita is easily my most-played system. If there are enough games that you enjoy, I think it's worth paying full price (though deals are frequent enough that having a bit of patience would probably be worth it). If you're an old-school JRPG fan, note that many of the old PS1 JRPGs (Legend of Dragoon, all the PS1 Final Fantasies, Suikoden, etc) are all playable on the Vita. And that's in addition to the PSP and Vita JRPGs, like Trails in the Sky, Trails of Cold Steel, Persona 3 and 4, something like six or seven Atelier games at this point, plus all of the DRPGs, if those are your cup of tea. The Vita is a great system for JRPG fans. If you're interested in branching out more, there are a number of excellent Visual Novels on the system, as well as some of fantastic indie games (Darkest Dungeon and Don't Starve are the two I personally play the most).

Yes, Remote Play lets you play anything that can play on the PS4, and in my experience, it works wonderfully. The Vita also supports that game streaming service (forgetting the name since I don't use it), if your internet can handle it.

As others have said, the biggest weakness is the memory card prices, though honestly, unless you're one of those people who feels like they MUST HAVE ALL GAMES INSTALLED ALL THE TIME, you can manage just fine with a 16 GB card. Either buy physical when you can, or be content with having maybe 2-5 major games plus a handful of smaller indies available at a time.

So whats the word on Valkyrie Drive for the Vita? I havent watched the anime but is the game any good?
I am playing it and really enjoy it. But I'm die hard Vita fan, a weebo and a pervert. May be biased.

Vita is very good overall esp if you like niche games and good indie games on the go. Do know that I feel less and less games will be released for the Vita starting next year....just a gut feeling of course. Also know that new games rarely go down in price a lot for physical copies as it seems the print runs of physical vita carts are becoming smaller. Old stuff is generally cheap though. Also PSN Vita sales happen a lot, which is good for prices, but as has been said the memory cards are expensive. Expect to spend at least ummm maybe $90ish if you want a 64 gig. A 16 gig minimum seems alright, but I think the bigger the better. Sony isn't supporting the system for anything, but others are for now. Also know now that about maybe 70% of games that come out are niche games generally RPGs or dungeon crawlers or such. I like the system a lot, but it's coming to the end....I just feel it. 

Vita is a great system, lots of unique titles. I don't play over the top weeb games (Neptunia, Valkyrie Lesbian Fighters) and there's still lots to play.

bread's done
Back