PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats why ppl buy 2. One to play, one for sealed collection.

When I started reading CAG it was during the PS2 days. Got me a huge backlog after I found cheap PS2 and GC games. I ended up didnt play most of them. Sometime around 2013, I sold many PS2 RPG games. Ended up a few hundreds of dollars and bought myself Galaxy S4 lol. Sold some other stuff later got myself a Wii U. I miss those Circuit City and TRU days where u get cheap $10 games.
lol. Circuit City got Zelda link to the past gba sealed. Let it in a plastic box until got fallout 3 CE. I leave it in the lunchbox.

The Zelda probably not worth much, but it was one of the best games of all time (well along with fire emblem, xenogear, Gaia, Final fantasy 2,3,and 7.)

I got a 1 gba for $1 later on.

Yeah, there's always sealed systems out there, as some people buy them for collecting, or they get forgotten in garages and storage, or lost and later found or forgotten in warehouses. It just depends, but sealed is always wroth more than "opened".
About five or six years back my mother was cleaning out a closet, ended up giving me a couple of factory sealed Game Gear games that she had bought on sale or clearance at some point in the 90's and then shoved them in the back it to use as Christmas gifts and then forgot about them. I already owned the games in question so I sold the factory sealed ones on Ebay and gave her the money I got for them as my parents weren't doing to well financially at the time. Didn't get a lot for them, but it was still better resale value than their used counterparts were going for.

About five or six years back my mother was cleaning out a closet, ended up giving me a couple of factory sealed Game Gear games that she had bought on sale or clearance at some point in the 90's and then shoved them in the back it to use as Christmas gifts and then forgot about them. I already owned the games in question so I sold the factory sealed ones on Ebay and gave her the money I got for them as my parents weren't doing to well financially at the time. Didn't get a lot for them, but it was still better resale value than their used counterparts were going for.
thumbs up for helping your parents financially. I dont mind resellers, but dont like it when they brag about getting 5 or 10 items to flip. There was a guy had pictures of stacks of nes consoles along with other gaming stuff. He admitted to going to stores and yard sales just to flip. He had storage units in the picture. My best find at a yardsale was a snes CIB with mario kart, star fox, and DKC CIB for $27. The sad thing is now i cant find cheap snes games :( Would like to replay Mario RPG

I'm about four hours into Valkyrie Drive and I'm seeing any lily action. When the girls transform they just transform in a flash of bright light. Very disappointed.

thumbs up for helping your parents financially. I dont mind resellers, but dont like it when they brag about getting 5 or 10 items to flip. There was a guy had pictures of stacks of nes consoles along with other gaming stuff. He admitted to going to stores and yard sales just to flip. He had storage units in the picture. My best find at a yardsale was a snes CIB with mario kart, star fox, and DKC CIB for $27. The sad thing is now i cant find cheap snes games :( Would like to replay Mario RPG
I'm not a fan of resellers, but this kind of situation isn't what bothers me. The only thing I see as morally "wrong" is when individuals buy up as much quantity as they can of a brand new item to immediately resell for an inflated price, effectively depriving others of a product at retail price. When someone is selling a sealed SNES for an inflated price 20 years later, I'm comfortable with the knowledge that the SNES had an entire life cycle of several years and at some point everyone who wanted one probably had an ample opportunity to get one for MSRP at some point, and this person selling one now is cashing in on an investment.

I suppose it's all supply and demand at the end of the day and I shouldn't be creating my own moral rules for reselling, but grabbing 8 mario amiibos to go straight to ebay with them while another person behind me in line ends up empty handed is not something I can consciously do and feel good about myself.

Yeah career flippers have killed any yard sale and thrift shopping for me. Can't find anything decent most the time cuz they have all the time to go look for crap while I'm at work. Craigslist and eBay are always flooded with people thinking a beat up nes is worth $50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah career flippers have killed any yard sale and thrift shopping for me. Can't find anything decent most the time cuz they have all the time to go look for crap while I'm at work. Craigslist and eBay are always flooded with people thinking a beat up nes is worth $50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My area has pretty much dried up as well. I hardly ever see any game stuff worth picking up. I do admit to doing some reselling, but that was secondary to finding stuff to collect. The good stuff went to my collection and the other stuff would sell or use for trades on gametz. Game finds are so slim in my area, for the last year, I've mainly focused on looking for old computers to fix. I can't even find nes power adapters to go with a few that I need to fix.

I need to pick up as many physical vita games while I can since gamestop is the only place left that has a decent amount of them.

I suppose it's all supply and demand at the end of the day and I shouldn't be creating my own moral rules for reselling, but grabbing 8 mario amiibos to go straight to ebay with them while another person behind me in line ends up empty handed is not something I can consciously do and feel good about myself.
At the end of the day, it's up to retailers to add in some form of limit(to make purchases as fair as possible), as society left to it's own devices is always going to fill it's "own" needs before thinking of others(in most cases).

I personally wouldn't do something like that standing in line someplace, as I wouldn't want someone else to do it to me. But I'm not going to fault someone else if they "game" the system, in an effort to get ahead. If there is no law or rule, as I stated, people will do what they want.

I see corruption daily on all levels of life, and I wish it was only regulated to Amiibo's at the local Target, but sadly it is not.

If you sit on an item for 10+ years and then resell it, that's just speculation, not flipping. Flipping tends to upset bargain hunters, because it's a short-term practice that only offers extremely limited gains that often aren't even worth the gas you waste in driving around to take advantage of it. Flipping deprives collectors and players of decent bargains in exchange for pennies on the dollar. The only people who really benefit from the practice is re-sellers like GameStop, as it effectively eliminates their primary competition, and locks everyone into their used pricing structure.

Speculation requires time. And if you've paid your dues on acquiring and storing an item for 10+ years, then you deserve whatever financial reward you can squeeze out of it. I don't have any particular objection to such a practice, even if it involves buying up a few bargains. I can at least respect the devotion and patience of speculators. And their efforts help to preserve mint-condition items, which is good for historical preservation of the video game industry. It's short-term flippers that rub me the wrong way.

Rally don't see the point of getting one to play and one to collect when realistically both are going to stay in your backlog

Hello all, I purchased a copy of Valkyrie Drive through a user in this thread only to find out I'd be getting a copy for my birthday, which is a little over a week away. $30 shipped gets it, also willing to trade for MegaTagmension Blanc or MegaDimension Neptunia. I'd prefer interested parties to PM me rather than post here to prevent further thread clutter.

Found this on a Target clearance endcap over the weekend.

6f96969a-37fc-46b7-ab37-f2d4f5f0728e_zpsgb78hqby.jpg

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Regions 1 Checklist Updated!:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically with release date after title.

- 2016 -
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Rabi-Ribi (4th Quarter)
Root Letter (11/10)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (12/13)
Shovel Knight (Late October)
Steins;Gate 0 (11/29)
unknown title #1 from LRG (November)
unknown title #2 from LRG (November)
unknown title #3 from LRG (November)
Volume (November)
World of Final Fantasy (10/25)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)
Yomawari: Night Alone (10/25)

- 2017 -
Akiba's Beat (1/3)
Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star (1/10)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (Mid-Year)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (February)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)

- 2018 -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (TBA)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The second poll in the Best Game series will close in less than two hours. Third poll will go live in just a few minutes due to impending time constraints I'll be potentially facing next week. Got to think ahead on this stuff.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/74424308

If you pay via PayPal, does NISA charge immediately? I know that's Play-Asia's policy, and I don't remember the last time I ordered from NISA.

If you pay via PayPal, does NISA charge immediately? I know that's Play-Asia's policy, and I don't remember the last time I ordered from NISA.

Funny that the description on the left matches the NISA site LE content while the body of the product description matches the Amazon LE content. The main difference being the heat changing tumbler and the art print. Wonder which one it is.....
The body also matches Nisa

Limited Edition Includes: Yomawari: Night Alone: The Firefly Diary for PS Vita; Full-color, softcover art books for Yomawari: Night Alone and The Firefly Diary; Original soundtrack with jewel case; Heat changing tumbler; Collaborative Art Print

I hate LE-only games.

There's confirmation somewhere that Summon Night 6 is getting a standard release, right? I can't afford a $150 preorder.

Funny that the description on the left matches the NISA site LE content while the body of the product description matches the Amazon LE content. The main difference being the heat changing tumbler and the art print. Wonder which one it is.....
I work for an incredibly lazy-ass company. Undoubtedly whoever made the entry on BestBuy.com simply copied the information from NISA's website. NISA Has stated repeatedly that the art print and tumbler are exclusive bonuses for those customers who order the game directly from their webstore.

Paypal is always an instant payment, no matter where it is used, as they don't technically allow payments for pre-orders, so a company can't hold on to your information, and charge later. They charge right away, as that is the only way they can get your payment.

I rarely ever use Paypal anymore, especially for games that are due to release after their 45 day charge back polices. If the game won't ship and arrive within that time, don't use Paypal, as you'll be screwed if there is ever any issues.

I do use Paypal for LRG, but they always ship and the games arrive well within the limits. If you trust the seller in question, and have a good relationship, go for it. But Play-Asia is the exact reason I now no longer use Paypal for long term preorders, as I had an issue with them once, and I learned from it.

Paypal is always an instant payment, no matter where it is used, as they don't technically allow payments for pre-orders, so a company can't hold on to your information, and charge later. They charge right away, as that is the only way they can get your payment.

I rarely ever use Paypal anymore, especially for games that are due to release after their 45 day charge back polices. If the game won't ship and arrive within that time, don't use Paypal, as you'll be screwed if there is ever any issues.

I do use Paypal for LRG, but they always ship and the games arrive well within the limits. If you trust the seller in question, and have a good relationship, go for it. But Play-Asia is the exact reason I now no longer use Paypal for long term preorders, as I had an issue with them once, and I learned from it.
Thanks for the info, went with a plain old credit card payment for the Atelier pre-order.

So I picked up a PS4 copy of Mighty No. 9 because it was the only copy with a clearance sticker on it at Target (mistake?) and the box lists crossbuy for vita. Anyone know when the vita version is coming out, or did it get canned?

dave_ramsey_scissors.png

Don't worry man, we love us some Vita games too, but you need help.
Huh? I asked a question and got help. If you're referring to the credit card, I have no credit card debt so I'm thankfully doing alright financially and I just pay it off each month to earn rewards. :)

So I picked up a PS4 copy of Mighty No. 9 because it was the only copy with a clearance sticker on it at Target (mistake?) and the box lists crossbuy for vita. Anyone know when the vita version is coming out, or did it get canned?
Vita version was cancelled.

Huh? I asked a question and got help. If you're referring to the credit card, I have no credit card debt so I'm thankfully doing alright financially and I just pay it off each month to earn rewards. :)
Okay, glad to hear it. :)

Not surprised, but I somehow missed that the Vita version was canceled. I bought the PS4 version on clearance for $7 a while ago and was more inclined to check it out on Vita, but alas I guess I will check it out on PS4 one day, it's at the bottom of the backlog barrel right now though.

LOL. When was that announced, I thought it was "coming at another date"....
Yeah, the last info they provided was Vita/3DS coming later.

I didn't put to much stock in that, as they appeared to have mismanaged the millions they received, and since the versions released didn't perform well, I don't see them putting in the time for either handheld, unless they could see money at the end of the rainbow, and we all know that ain't happening.

So even if it wasn't officially cancelled, I can't see it ever being released, but I do think the handheld version could do decent if the price was right. I would still buy a Vita physical version for $20 or under if I had the chance, just so I could try the game out.

So even if it wasn't officially cancelled, I can't see it ever being released, but I do think the handheld version could do decent if the price was right. I would still buy a Vita physical version for $20 or under if I had the chance, just so I could try the game out.
I still hope it happens, then I can wait for another year until it hits $3 or something in a PSN sale.

I think that may have changed, since when I order from Iffy I use Paypal and they do the initial authorization and then they don't actually charge me until close to release date.

Threw me off as well. Not sure why anyone would automatically assume someone has a problem for using a CC. I use a CC for all of my online purchases. I typically pay it off when I do my bills/finances for the week (I don't even wait for the end of the month). No big deal at all. It's easy to fall in the trap of credit cards, but like any trap it can also be a handy tool if used responsibly.

Threw me off as well. Not sure why anyone would automatically assume someone has a problem for using a CC. I use a CC for all of my online purchases. I typically pay it off when I do my bills/finances for the week (I don't even wait for the end of the month). No big deal at all. It's easy to fall in the trap of credit cards, but like any trap it can also be a handy tool if used responsibly.
If you aren't using a CC for virtually everything and then paying it off at the end of the month, you are doing it wrong. Building good credit + rewards/cash back is awesome.

Ummmmm since when? The last news I heard was that the development of the port was being done by another company. I've not seen any updates that say the Vita version is cancelled at all, just that it is digital only.

I think that may have changed, since when I order from Iffy I use Paypal and they do the initial authorization and then they don't actually charge me until close to release date.
Paypal has always had janky rules in regards to most things, so they may have changed the policy, or Iffy just ignores it.

For me personally, I use Paypal as a cash style transaction, so I know that when something is released, my payment has already been made. These CC purchases can blindside you sometimes, when you ordered stuff months ago, and then charges start coming out of the blue.

And my Paypal account can be up and down depending on the time of the month, so I would rather them take the funds when I place the order, so that way I don't run in to insufficient funds down the road.

I had some rewards points left over from buying Sophie, Nights of Azure, and Escha&Logy that softened the shipping blow. 

If you aren't using a CC for virtually everything and then paying it off at the end of the month, you are doing it wrong. Building good credit + rewards/cash back is awesome.
The problem with this argument is the "building good credit" bit. Building credit requires one to go actually incur debt, and I much prefer living the good life of having others owe me money than to owe others money. And right now, there's only one person who owes me money, a whopping $2. Now see you can have a debit card, which works for making payments just like a credit card, except you have no debt associated therewith as you are making payments against the balance of money you actually have deposited in the bank. The whole point of the "credit score" is a farce to encourage one to go into more debt and works as a system that other creditors may look up to decide if you're someone they are willing to loan out money to, truly pointless.

Ummmmm since when? The last news I heard was that the development of the port was being done by another company. I've not seen any updates that say the Vita version is cancelled at all, just that it is digital only.
Digital-Only and Cancelled are the same thing in my books.

bread's done
Back