PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
The Switch looks like it will be a Day One purchase for me. I am beyond pumped that in the entire trailer they didn't once show motion control or non-gamer "family appeal". That said, I'm not sure what to think about the mobile aspect of it. It just doesn't look comfortable to play in Wii U gamepad mode. I love the Wii U, but I can't stand the feel of playing with the gamepad (and the Switch looks almost identical in dimensions when used that way).
Oh that won't be an issue. Nintendo will be more than happy to sell you 50 different kinds of controllers.

LOL, I don't doubt that for a minute. But then it sort of nerfs the whole portability aspect if I have to also carry around a decent controller along with the screen.
This isn't the 3DS where you can just put it in your back pocket. You will need to carry a backpack or something similar, adding a controller to that won't make it much more of a burden to travel with.

Oh that won't be an issue. Nintendo will be more than happy to sell you 50 different kinds of controllers.
Ahhhh! I just had a flashback of all the different Wii controller looks like the Mario and the Peach one. That's an interesting way to decide on your console's color scheme.

So now is a bad time to buy any vita games from GameStop since they are doing the increase before Black Friday right? I was gonna buy a few games the day before they bumped it up but forgot. Also do all vita games come with the box from GameStop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Switch looks like it will be a Day One purchase for me. I am beyond pumped that in the entire trailer they didn't once show motion control or non-gamer "family appeal" (I hope that's not just because the likely audience for an initial console launch vid are core gamers). That said, I'm not sure what to think about the mobile aspect of it. It just doesn't look comfortable to play in Wii U gamepad mode. I love the Wii U, but I can't stand the feel of playing with the gamepad (and the Switch looks almost identical in dimensions when used that way).
It looks as comfortable as a vita does. I mean, it's really VERY similar to the vita just with the dpad area and stick flipped top to bottom.

But for comfort issues, I think that's where the kickstand comes into play. Detach the controllers... rest the system on a flat surface and then take the split controller mode and game on at whatever angle you feel comfortable in. No extras to carry around, but if you want, carry the joiner brick thing to turn the two controllers back into one more standard controller. Or take a bag and a standard traditional game controller.

The beauty of this device is it's ease of meeting a bunch of uses. Like the way the two halves are essentially the same controller just flipped thanks to the dpad being replaced by 4 separate buttons. It looks like in detach mode there is an extra trigger on what becomes the top. Plus the aftermarket could be quite good with more comfortable shells to put the tablet and controller sections into. For myself, I think just the base unit, dock and a standard controller will be all I need to get started.

So now is a bad time to buy any vita games from GameStop since they are doing the increase before Black Friday right? I was gonna buy a few games the day before they bumped it up but forgot. Also do all vita games come with the box from GameStop?

Gamestop always does the buy 2 get 1 free used games on BF weekend. I would recommend getting them then. A lot of Vita games are complete as the cases are tiny, so I guess both Gamestop and people choose not to throw them away. Ordering online is a crap shoot as always. Vita games in general are increasing in prices though. I'm guessing the supply is lower for newer games. Good luck either way.

Is this up on github? And what's the purpose of this software? Looks useful
No, it is not available to anyone at the moment but me. It organizes data ( prices and TIV ) from Gamestop / Bestbuy / Rebox and finds flips and boomerangs. I also can do price / TIV comparisons like BB to GS, GS to BB, and GS to Redbox and do local inventory checks ( GS only for now ). It's a WIP currently. I try to post the results at least once a day in the link below.

Gamestop always does the buy 2 get 1 free used games on BF weekend. I would recommend getting them then. A lot of Vita games are complete as the cases are tiny, so I guess both Gamestop and people choose not to throw them away. Ordering online is a crap shoot as always. Vita games in general are increasing in prices though. I'm guessing the supply is lower for newer games. Good luck either way.
Add to that, last year GS also had a deal for the coupons you get from points at half their normal price (I want to think that was BF, may have been cyber monday). That really saved me some good $$. So don't spend those points quite yet either if you have them.

Add to that, last year GS also had a deal for the coupons you get from points at half their normal price (I want to think that was BF, may have been cyber monday). That really saved me some good $$. So don't spend those points quite yet either if you have them.
i did those coupons what sucked was they said they expired jan 15 on the coupon but they expired dec 31 in the system i lost like 45000 pts

It looks as comfortable as a vita does. I mean, it's really VERY similar to the vita just with the dpad area and stick flipped top to bottom.
For me the biggest difference is the width and weight. The Wii U Gamepad (which looks about the same size as the Switch) is wider and heavier than a Vita. I just don't care for having my hands that far apart when gaming I guess. Just a personal thing.

Selection wise, it's a crapshoot what you'll find available to buy come Black Friday, so if you spot a game you really want at a price you're comfortable at buying it at then just go for it. And no, GameStop does not always have a case for a game, in store at least you can visually see if the case is the original, a replacement, or if there simply isn't one at all. Online, I have had two used games arrive in CD sleeves, which is pathetic.

No, it is not available to anyone at the moment but me. It organizes data ( prices and TIV ) from Gamestop / Bestbuy / Rebox and finds flips and boomerangs. I also can do price / TIV comparisons like BB to GS, GS to BB, and GS to Redbox and do local inventory checks ( GS only for now ). It's a WIP currently. I try to post the results at least once a day in the link below.
Still, that's awesome man. I was just browsing the spreadsheet, information overload! No seriously, that's a good thing, thanks for doing this!

Regarding the Nintendo NX/Switch my thoughts are as follows.

Pricing will play a huge factor in whether this system sinks or swims since it is intended to replace the 3DS as well as the Wii U. Betting that maybe only one of those teased titles will even be available at system launch. Clearly the full size game controller is going to be sold as a separate accessory. And, Nintendo is going to tick off a lot of people as this will be the first new system in years that blatantly has no backwards compatibility with software and accessories from the previous generation of their consoles. I will say that for the Wii and Wii U, at least you can use the games and game controllers from the succeeded system generation on each. And further I can attest that backwards hardware and software compatibility played a huge roll in my Sister & Brother-in-law's decision to buy there children the not only the Wii but also the Wii U when they launched, which even I couldn't argue against as a major selling point.

Now as for the Nintendo Switch video, my observations are as follows.

• System core is essentially a tablet, no indication whatsoever from the video if a touchscreen or not.
  • Console base docking station has two USB ports on the left side.
  • Headphone jack on the top of the system core, unknown if it will support a headset with microphone or not..
  • Video indicates seamless transition from base docking station to handheld without interrupting the game being played.
  • Each side-slide controller halve has its' own rechargeable battery inside (indication of system battery life issue).
  • System, as previously rumored, uses game carts very similar in shape and size to the Vita carts.
  • System is heavily wireless dependent. Both the included side-slide remote controller halves and the stand-alone full size controller are all wireless affairs.
  • Nintendo has changed their market focus away from families with this announcement video now clearly targeting the millennial market segment.
  • No indication of memory card type used or if it uses one at all.
So, my thoughts are pretty clear. The Switch has no backwards compatibility whatsoever. Nintendo will doubtless have previous system titles available through their eShop for purchase as digital-downloads, but don't expect to have the ability to pop your old 3DS Pokemon titles in and play them on this new system.

There is a possibility that it will be backwards compatible with DS/3DS. The game cards are very similar in size and it would be brilliant for Nintendo in terms of having access to a huge library. 

There is a possibility that it will be backwards compatible with DS/3DS. The game cards are very similar in size and it would be brilliant for Nintendo in terms of having access to a huge library.
It would. But we haven't gotten any confirmation yet, so I wouldn't hold my breath. From the images they've released, it actually looks like the Switch's cartridges might be smaller than DS/3DS titles. They could just make the cartridge slot a little larger to compensate, but we'll have to see. Now that the lids off of the main unit, we'll get drip-fed details on the rest of the system between now and March.

As for this being discussed in the Vita section... it's the (I know saying this is a stretch) competition like it or not. Not just that but as a handheld gamer, I'm always interested in what comes next. I'm often disappointed but this time actually has some promise.

The 720p screen (from the leaked dev kit specs) of the handheld unit is more than capable of the ~480P stacked (240 height individual) screens. Even if it's not cartridge compatible, maybe it'll be at least digital compatible so we can move digital licenses to the new system. I'd buy some of the DS games on WiiU if they were forward compatible with the Switch.

For me the biggest difference is the width and weight. The Wii U Gamepad (which looks about the same size as the Switch) is wider and heavier than a Vita. I just don't care for having my hands that far apart when gaming I guess. Just a personal thing.
We'll have to wait to see how the weight is... but I think the slightly wider size (than a vita) is actually not a bad thing ergonomically as there is less wrist bend to hold it comfortably. Still, slide out the remotes and use them in disconnected mode when possible. I just really like that this essentially triples up from a traditional handheld to an all in one console then to a traditional console. Plus the controls are enough for on the go multiplayer pretty easily.

Some leaked dev kit specs are in the eshop thread... I'm still kind of shocked in the dock the system is capable of Ultra HD (which is slightly less horizontally than 4K but with the same height) at 30fps. It makes me wonder what this thing will be capable of for real gaming.

Anyone playing Exist Archive? How does it play? Is it good?
Interested in this too.. Last I heard from a technical standpoint is that the japanese version had a lot of freezing, framerate drops, and runs at 30 fps vs. PS4's 60 fps. Don't know if any of that was improved on with the english release.

Selection wise, it's a crapshoot what you'll find available to buy come Black Friday, so if you spot a game you really want at a price you're comfortable at buying it at then just go for it. And no, GameStop does not always have a case for a game, in store at least you can visually see if the case is the original, a replacement, or if there simply isn't one at all. Online, I have had two used games arrive in CD sleeves, which is pathetic.

Still, that's awesome man. I was just browsing the spreadsheet, information overload! No seriously, that's a good thing, thanks for doing this!

Regarding the Nintendo NX/Switch my thoughts are as follows.

Pricing will play a huge factor in whether this system sinks or swims since it is intended to replace the 3DS as well as the Wii U. Betting that maybe only one of those teased titles will even be available at system launch. Clearly the full size game controller is going to be sold as a separate accessory. And, Nintendo is going to tick off a lot of people as this will be the first new system in years that blatantly has no backwards compatibility with software and accessories from the previous generation of their consoles. I will say that for the Wii and Wii U, at least you can use the games and game controllers from the succeeded system generation on each. And further I can attest that backwards hardware and software compatibility played a huge roll in my Sister & Brother-in-law's decision to buy there children the not only the Wii but also the Wii U when they launched, which even I couldn't argue against as a major selling point.

Now as for the Nintendo Switch video, my observations are as follows.

• System core is essentially a tablet, no indication whatsoever from the video if a touchscreen or not.
  • Console base docking station has two USB ports on the left side.
  • Headphone jack on the top of the system core, unknown if it will support a headset with microphone or not..
  • Video indicates seamless transition from base docking station to handheld without interrupting the game being played.
  • Each side-slide controller halve has its' own rechargeable battery inside (indication of system battery life issue).
  • System, as previously rumored, uses game carts very similar in shape and size to the Vita carts.
  • System is heavily wireless dependent. Both the included side-slide remote controller halves and the stand-alone full size controller are all wireless affairs.
  • Nintendo has changed their market focus away from families with this announcement video now clearly targeting the millennial market segment.
  • No indication of memory card type used or if it uses one at all.
So, my thoughts are pretty clear. The Switch has no backwards compatibility whatsoever. Nintendo will doubtless have previous system titles available through their eShop for purchase as digital-downloads, but don't expect to have the ability to pop your old 3DS Pokemon titles in and play them on this new system.
Some of us already have new 3ds etc. I dont expect BC but it would be nice.

Are counterfeit Vita games on eBay a thing? I found a few JP titles I want to import that are a decent bit cheaper than Play-Asia and I'm wondering if they're legit. They aren't like $5 shipped (AKA obvious scam) mind you, but ~$15 cheaper than P-A.
play asia marks up their games. If you don't care about it being new or used, eBay is a great alternative to import some JP titles.

hm.. anyone get their copy of Sega Hard from IFFY? I got my tracking number n crap but when I check it, it only tells me shipping info has been received and no idea if they did ship it out or what...
I have the same problem. A shipping label was created, but the package was not dropped off at the post office. It has been like this for the past week. I'm going to send them an email to see what is going on.

I have the same problem. A shipping label was created, but the package was not dropped off at the post office. It has been like this for the past week. I'm going to send them an email to see what is going on.
Well, they may have created the label, and just not dropped it off. LRG does that on the regular, as I've gotten tracking from them, and the package doesn't get scanned for 3-5 days.

They may have also sent it by a cheaper method, in which case, USPS often doesn't scan non priority/first class items until they reach the destination.

Like others here, my copy arrived in the mail on Monday, October 17th. Tracking number for it worked I might add, so I was able to see on the USPS website that expected delivery date on Friday night.

I finished child of light last week and really enjoyed it. I almost wanted to new game+ it for a plat, but instead started Gravity Rush. I'm about 1/3 of the way through (chat. 11 I think). The combat isn't as bad as I had read about, but the controls and camera are making it a little rough.

I finished child of light last week and really enjoyed it. I almost wanted to new game+ it for a plat, but instead started Gravity Rush. I'm about 1/3 of the way through (chat. 11 I think). The combat isn't as bad as I had read about, but the controls and camera are making it a little rough.
That's been my experience with Gravity Rush, too... I was tempted to grab Child of Light, but I already have it on XBOne from GWG.

Gravity Rush I'm just starting... over a year and a half after buying it on Flash Sale. For under a dollar, I couldn't say no.

Thank you. I for one like the occasional deal post regardless of if I have the game or even if I want the game.
Yeah, if it's a .25 cent discount, it's a discount none the less. These threads crack me up, why guys just can't say thanks as you did and move on is mind boggling to me.

I even approve of the full retail cost games mentioned, that are hard to find or previously sold out. As I find those to be a "deal" as well, due to having to pay over retail to buy on the secondary market.

If the deal isn't enough, or to someone liking, just don't buy it. Why make tons of comments stating personal opinions, and how something isn't a deal?

Shovel Knight delayed til mid-November?

345c79d7fe62f084c83934bea11af5ec.gif

bread's done
Back