PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I was waiting for a decent discount on Shiren the Wanderer today on Amazon but the sale price is $30. Should I jump in at this price? Or is it expected to get lower later for a physical copy?
Wow, that's lame of Amazon. I bought it last week as part of a lightning deal for $31.99. :|

I wonder why the difference in price between the standard copies of the Vita and PS4 version is $10 ($40 vs. $50) but the difference in price between the LE versions of the same game is $5 ($75 vs. $80).  They both contain the same goodies right?  Would seem to make sense that there would also be a $10 difference in price then.

So I finally finished Tearaway, and while it has easily been the most creative Vita game I have ever played, the story was completely nonsensical.
I don't know about you but I liked the story. I didn't need every single detail overly explained to me from start to finish. It made total sense to me because I didn't over think it. I thought it was charming and endearing.

I wonder why the difference in price between the standard copies of the Vita and PS4 version is $10 ($40 vs. $50) but the difference in price between the LE versions of the same game is $5 ($75 vs. $80). They both contain the same goodies right? Would seem to make sense that there would also be a $10 difference in price then.
Let's just call NISA's version of the old "Atlus Tax" and try not to think about it to much.

I wonder why the difference in price between the standard copies of the Vita and PS4 version is $10 ($40 vs. $50) but the difference in price between the LE versions of the same game is $5 ($75 vs. $80). They both contain the same goodies right? Would seem to make sense that there would also be a $10 difference in price then.
Most likely due to the free shipping. If the LE version was $70 shipping would be around $8. So technically you would save $3 by having it priced at $75 with free shipping.

The weight difference isn't that much between a PS4 game and PSV, especially when neither come with manuals. If you ship the base game in an envelope, it would be less than one pound first class. It's more likely because of the manufacturing costs, as Blu-Ray discs still require a license fee.

He's referring to NISA's shipping. They charge shipping for items below $74.99. He's saying if they priced it at $69.99, then they would charge shipping, making it more expensive.

I would've still preferred a $54.99 price tag for what's included. Could've ordered with Atelier for free shipping.

Open World RPG game in development for the Vita. It sounds like a Vita exclusive. And no it isn't Rogue Raiders Online:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN3hXZ3gnMM

I don't know about you but I liked the story. I didn't need every single detail overly explained to me from start to finish. It made total sense to me because I didn't over think it. I thought it was charming and endearing.
Yeah but the whole point was the messenger had a message to deliver to the sun, but then it pivots to the messenger creating his own story and having an adventure. So if the messenger was successfully catapulted into the sun ~2 hours in, what would have been the message? Short and boring? And who is sending the messenger? LOOSE ENDS EVERYWHERE! AHHHHHH!

Yeah but the whole point was the messenger had a message to deliver to the sun, but then it pivots to the messenger creating his own story and having an adventure. So if the messenger was successfully catapulted into the sun ~2 hours in, what would have been the message? Short and boring? And who is sending the messenger? LOOSE ENDS EVERYWHERE! AHHHHHH!
That's why I recently started playing Touch My Katamari instead of Tearaway. I wanted a deep, thoughtful story.

Koei Tecmo pulled this same BS on us earlier in the year with the Attack on Titan game, Japan got it physical we got it as digital etherware. So not sure what is goin on with LRG. They'd said they still had announcements for this week, but all they've announced today was that the Skullgirls: 2nd Encore pre-order period will last a mere two weeks... hardly seems like the sort of announcement to make hype for.

Cv4NbekUsAAwcl3.jpg

Got ragnarok from GameStop and it is indeed not the original case. At least it came in a vita case so I can print out covers for the game if I wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got my Yomawari LE from Amazon, and it's slightly crushed all over, yet it doesn't even bother me as much as it used to be since I was expecting worse.

This just shows how badly Amazon has lowered my expectations when buying from them. ~_~

Just got my Yomawari LE from Amazon, and it's slightly crushed all over, yet it doesn't even bother me as much as it used to be since I was expecting worse.

This just shows how badly Amazon has lowered my expectations when buying from them. ~_~
Yeah, those guys shipping practices are a joke. And they constantly send me that damn survey about how well my shit was packaged, and I let them have it every time, with no improvements. I always say, why the hell do you ask for opinions on how to improve shipping/packaging and nothing is ever done.

They actually sent me something not to long ago asking about my high numbers of returns, and I explained how I actually probably only return 1% of all the items I order, but if they checked their information, they would see that my returns are often for the same item 3-4 times.

I did here back on that one, as a CS person apologized and said thank you for filling out their survey. LOL

Yeah, those guys shipping practices are a joke. And they constantly send me that damn survey about how well my shit was packaged, and I let them have it every time, with no improvements. I always say, why the hell do you ask for opinions on how to improve shipping/packaging and nothing is ever done.

They actually sent me something not to long ago asking about my high numbers of returns, and I explained how I actually probably only return 1% of all the items I order, but if they checked their information, they would see that my returns are often for the same item 3-4 times.

I did here back on that one, as a CS person apologized and said thank you for filling out their survey. LOL
i told them im sick of them shippig my stuff by the post office since they just cram the item in the mail box.. they go stay with prime and will we ship ups only.. i stayed with them 3 more packages all post office all jamed into mail box

i told them im sick of them shippig my stuff by the post office since they just cram the item in the mail box.. they go stay with prime and will we ship ups only.. i stayed with them 3 more packages all post office all jamed into mail box
LOL, yeah that sounds about right. They have those lockers here in my town, so if you have those locally, I think you can have items shipped to those instead, which might prevent the cramming.

But I'm not sure of the details of those, as I only see it offered when I'm returning an item, and I prefer to drop it off myself for the receipt, instead of sticking in a locker somewhere. And my closest Amazon lockers are just about 5 minutes from the UPS store, so I take to them instead.

About 10 mins first time through and 5 mins for the second batch
I think they sold really fast for having 6000 (minus a few hundred for returns, giveaways and misc.) copies of each. I thought they were going to last a few hours and maybe a day. Either LRG's popularity has grown or people really love Shantae. Kinda sad that Shantae Half Genie Hero won't be PSTV compatible according to WayForward games.

https://twitter.com/WayForward/status/791793631484981248

Got ragnarok from GameStop and it is indeed not the original case. At least it came in a vita case so I can print out covers for the game if I wanted to.

Same problem when I found one at the store near me this morning but passed on it. I'll wait and buy it during a buy 2, get 1 free sale if I can't find a complete copy before then.

Sounds like like experience with GameSlop.com when I received the L.,E. of Psycho-Pass. I returned it to the local store, no excuse in the pitiful packaging.

I think they sold really fast for having 6000 (minus a few hundred for returns, giveaways and misc.) copies of each. I thought they were going to last a few hours and maybe a day. Either LRG's popularity has grown or people really love Shantae. Kinda sad that Shantae Half Genie Hero won't be PSTV compatible according to WayForward games.

https://twitter.com/WayForward/status/791793631484981248
If you dont mind installing homebrew apps i am pretty sure it should be playable on a pstv

Same problem when I found one at the store near me this morning but passed on it. I'll wait and buy it during a buy 2, get 1 free sale if I can't find a complete copy before then.
I just don't get it. You already have a freaking case for vita games, why throw out the original cover.

Saw Walking dead season 2 for $12.99 at GS, thought it was a good deal. Then I get home and realized I was charged $20. The price label on the front was for season 1, but the barcode on the back was for season 2.

Saw Walking dead season 2 for $12.99 at GS, thought it was a good deal. Then I get home and realized I was charged $20. The price label on the front was for season 1, but the barcode on the back was for season 2.
I'm surprised you didn't catch this at time of checkout, unless you bought a bunch of other games with it.

My Yomawari LE came from Best Buy, in a box. Unfortunately, someone took a box cutter the length of the Yomawari box. Can't believe they shipped it that way. Well I will try Amazon and pray they use a box, Best Buy is sold out.

Aegis of Earth is under $21 on Amazon currently. It has been dropping steadily for over a week... What should be the buy now price? I'm thinking $15. Thoughts?

Aegis of Earth is under $21 on Amazon currently. It has been dropping steadily for over a week... What should be the buy now price? I'm thinking $15. Thoughts?
Game is a bit repetitive but alright....I think $15 is fair. I think it was $29.99 MSRP if I remember correctly.

wasnt this 19.99 not that long ago new
Not that I have seen on Amazon. I may have missed it, but it's been on my list for a while and I tend to check that regularly. GameStop maybe? Has it ever hit $15?

What? ! Half genie won't work on pstv, wtf is up with that? Where do I complain at?
Best place to let WayForward know is to tweet them @WayForward and @MrBozon (Creative Director of WayForward & Shantae) if you don't have twitter I guess then you could go to the official forums at https://wayforward.com/wayforums/. I know the Rogue Raiders dev mentioned that it was easy to implement PSTV support and was willing to help.

Here are the twitter responses WayForward has given so far: https://twitter.com/WayForward/status/791413149882736640

bread's done
Back