PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
The PSTV was quietly discontinued in February with Sony just updating the Japanese site to say "Shipment Concluded"

A few outlets followed up with Sony and learned it was worldwide, but the fan sites stressed "JAPAN ONLY." The Sony UK and US pages no longer list the product and stores sold them for $20-$30 last Christmas. 

E: 

Also the PSTV is a whitelist based system. Those with a hacked 3.60 unit just run a patch, but for any legitimate business it requires Sony updating the list. If they shut down the approval process in February/March, games already planned would be permitted to use the PSTV white list would still come out but anything afterwards would not work.

Even when PSTV was an active product, there were some cases where the developer blocked PSTV compatibility if they had a console version of a game. Dengeki Fighting Climax a year ago is one example. 

My Yomawari LE came from Best Buy, in a box. Unfortunately, someone took a box cutter the length of the Yomawari box. Can't believe they shipped it that way. Well I will try Amazon and pray they use a box, Best Buy is sold out.
this is the exact same thing that happened to my BBY order. Guess ours came from the same warehouse where some douchebag decided it's ok to damage something and send it anyway.

but I did post something on the bby forums hoping somebody will respond.

here's hoping karma comes around for them.

this is the exact same thing that happened to my BBY order. Guess ours came from the same warehouse where some douchebag decided it's ok to damage something and send it anyway.

but I did post something on the bby forums hoping somebody will respond.

here's hoping karma comes around for them.
Sadly, warehouse staff often doesn't care if they cut open a shipping container and then damage the contents. I used to run a warehouse for some retail stores in Vegas, and our clothing division often got deliveries with warnings on the box to open cautiously due to clothing being in the box.

But that where the only ones with warnings, as if a box of shoes got a slit, no one cared. For these big retail chains, it's all just merchandise for them, and while staff should be trained to open things more carefully(as it only takes a few extra seconds to do it right, that falls under the same issues as them putting a LE box, in a bubble mailer.

It's all just extra time and for them, it's about how much they can do in the least amount of time, so a few cut boxes won't matter, as it will just fall under the acceptable loss/damaged qty's anyway. That's why I order all of these games from NISA(or whomever else offers them through their own websites, as it's more important to me to get an item in good condition VS. saving a few bucks. But to each his own.

I could install homebrew but WayForward's excuse as to why they're not making the game PSTV compatible is bullcrap. It's pure laziness.
I'll politely disagree with that. I just bought a game that absolutely refuses to play on a PSTV. Deemo the Last Recital is not playable at all on PSTV. I have a patched and vanilla system with latest firmware (set to JPN region) and neither plays it, all other games play just fine. Just got Yomawari: Night Alone and it plays flawlessly on the vanilla system (all games post EDF 2 had a check for what firmware version is on the system and ***** about needing that version to play them) and I never bothered to see if anyone had a work around for them as I can play them on one of my two systems I didn't care one way or another.

Also there are a few games coming out that will NOT play on the PSTV at all. The new SaGa game from Squenix, the developer already said due to the processing needed for the game they will not make it PSTV compatible.

I agree it's F'n lazy, maybe Shantae is processor intensive enough that wayforward doesn't want to spend time/money making it playable to work on the PSTV. But to flat out LIE and say that it's not supported anymore is just utter BS.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEARGNW9yL0[/media]

The new SAO Vita game...

Goddammit Bamco. Why.

Any word on if they are redoing the watch bonuses for this release? They hinted at it awhile ago, but I'll guess time will tell. I have a complete set anyway, so not a bid deal either way, but for those who missed out, it would be nice.

Damn I still have VLR sealed with watch and that article showed no signs of 999 releasing solo as a digital title which is what I was hoping for.
They'd be killing a good portion of their profit if they didn't release 999 digitally (solo), so chances are that it'll release digitally separately on PSN. The double pack might be a physical thing.

Any word on if they are redoing the watch bonuses for this release? They hinted at it awhile ago, but I'll guess time will tell. I have a complete set anyway, so not a bid deal either way, but for those who missed out, it would be nice.
I find it hard to believe that they would ever try a watch give away again given the debacle of the last release.

So my new Yomawari came from Amazon.  No box, but not too squishy.  

In a strange turn of events, my Gamestop order came in and unlike most, my Ragnarok was complete.  Same with the Touch My Katamari and Nep Nep 2.  But Wipeout was black generic case, so that is going back.

Got myself VIta Borderlans 2 from Walmart for $9.88.    Last few months they had terraria and minecraft at that 9.88 price as well. Just one at a time though.  Each time I go there is either one or no vita games.

My Yomawari LE came from Best Buy, in a box. Unfortunately, someone took a box cutter the length of the Yomawari box. Can't believe they shipped it that way. Well I will try Amazon and pray they use a box, Best Buy is sold out.
I managed to luck out getting it from Amazon. Came in a bubble envelope, as per Amazon tradition, but only had one very minor crinkle that I was able to straighten out and now it looks nice and minty.

Wow, World of Final Fantasy is OOS at Best Buy...not even available for shipping. Need to get a copy of this quick
BB isn't good for getting physical vita games after launch. It's barely good for preordering them since the window to preorder comes at an odd time and they don't get every game... oh and the shipping department is hit or miss on getting something not damaged especially with cardboard boxed LE's.

So don't take a sellout at BB as an indication of rarity or how quick you need to get a game. Granted though, if you have Prime... then getting that discount would be paramount.

BB isn't good for getting physical vita games after launch. It's barely good for preordering them since the window to preorder comes at an odd time and they don't get every game... oh and the shipping department is hit or miss on getting something not damaged especially with cardboard boxed LE's.

So don't take a sellout at BB as an indication of rarity or how quick you need to get a game. Granted though, if you have Prime... then getting that discount would be paramount.
Oh yeah, this game isn't going to be extremely difficult to find but I'd be surprised if Vita version got a price drop so 20% off for a new copy is probably the best it'll ever get.

Any one here every have an issue where games are not showing up on a memory card.

I have three cards 32GB, 16GB and 8GB.

I was planning on playing something late last night on my 8GB card.

I placed the card in the system and booted it up and half the games from the card didn't show up.

This card has a bunch of smaller games on it and small PS Plus titles. Only one PS Plus game showed up and four of my purchased games.

But I have about 15 games on the card in total. Is this a corrupt memory card?

Just looking for some feedback.

Any one here every have an issue where games are not showing up on a memory card.

I have three cards 32GB, 16GB and 8GB.

I was planning on playing something late last night on my 8GB card.

I placed the card in the system and booted it up and half the games from the card didn't show up.

This card has a bunch of smaller games on it and small PS Plus titles. Only one PS Plus game showed up and four of my purchased games.

But I have about 15 games on the card in total. Is this a corrupt memory card?

Just looking for some feedback.
This happened to me a couple weeks back with my 64GB card, which was pretty scary. What worked for me was to turn off the system, take out the memory card, turn it back on and once you get to the home screen reinsert the card. This will prompt you to restart the system and force it to rebuild the database for the card. Hope that helps!

My copy of Dragon Quest Builders shipped from Play-asia today. Looking forward to playing this one when it arrives.
Mind letting me know what the back and front cover look like? if its the clean version with no garish Europe rating I def want to order from them to save money otherwise might be forced to deal with HeavyArms... : /

This happened to me a couple weeks back with my 64GB card, which was pretty scary. What worked for me was to turn off the system, take out the memory card, turn it back on and once you get to the home screen reinsert the card. This will prompt you to restart the system and force it to rebuild the database for the card. Hope that helps!
Thank you this helped. I had to try twice but I got all the games to show up.
I still wonder though if this is just going to lead to a corrupt memory card.

bread's done
Back