PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Stranger of Sword City - $18.xx

Waitlisted within 5 seconds of it being live LOL

Good thing I paid $25 last lightning deal and it's still sitting on the shelf.

Does anyone know if the Vita slim can get screen burn in? I'm on the last trophy for Yomawari which requires 50hrs of gameplay even though the game can be finished in a few hours. I've been leaving the game running and have it rigged so the vita doesn't go to sleep.

I got my email today also, but when will these no longer be available? I thought they were going to do a preorder and manufacturer to demand. Did they just make extra?
They only ever said "limited print", so anything past that is speculation in regards to amounts printed. If they had orders for 2000, they may have printed 200 extra as that would have been 10%, but who knows?

Just because it was just released and they still have qty doesn't mean much. This isn't LRG, so the may have printed double what they had orders for, as they will sale them out at some point, but considering the XB1 and Vita where the only 2 platforms to not get this physical, I wouldn't really worry to much, as they will probably be selling this for awhile.

It's great when something is actually "limited", but I was just happy to get a physical version of a game I couldn't get before. So if it's on sale for another year, it doesn't matter. The more the merrier right?

Does anyone know if the Vita slim can get screen burn in? I'm on the last trophy for Yomawari which requires 50hrs of gameplay even though the game can be finished in a few hours. I've been leaving the game running and have it rigged so the vita doesn't go to sleep.
I imagine it can. A screen is a screen regardless of whether its a handheld, laptop or giant ass tv.

I personally wouldn't worry about burn in on an OLED or LCD screen.  Plasma, sure, yes, definitely... it happens pretty easy too though thankfully the few times I've experienced that it wasn't permanent and went away over time.  If you are worried though, just turn the brightness to it's lowest setting for extended periods and maybe check on it every hour and move the character to change the pic.

Got my Shovel Knight notification as well in the ole email.  I'd imagine Media Mail probably means it'll easily take a week to get here.

I imagine it can. A screen is a screen regardless of whether its a handheld, laptop or giant ass tv.
Like nightc1 said, you don't need to worry about burn in on LCD and OLED screens. The term "burn in" is literal, CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) and Plasma screens are 10,000 volt+ devices using electro-chemical and/or electro-mineral luminescence inside of a sealed glass vacuum chamber which can literally have a still image burned into the interior of the glass chamber by prolonged display of still imagery.

LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) Is a low voltage technology where different voltage frequencies trigger the liquid crystal solution to change colors.

OLED (Optical Light Emitting Diode) is another low voltage technology where in each pixel is actually a set of three or four diodes in either a RGB (Red Green Blue) or RGBY (Red Green Blue Yellow) configuration, the OLED driver illuminates the different colors at just the right blends to produce a massive color spectrum perceived by the human eye.

Has the tracking information for anyone's copy of Shovel Knight updated yet? Reason I ask is that Yacht Club Games only today tweeted out that they are preparing to ship out the orders. Also, the game's production run is 5,030 copies.

Has the tracking information for anyone's copy of Shovel Knight updated yet? Reason I ask is that Yacht Club Games only today tweeted out that they are preparing to ship out the orders. Also, the game's production run is 5,030 copies.
Mine is "Arrived at USPS Origin Facility", Tucson AZ 85726.

Like nightc1 said, you don't need to worry about burn in on LCD and OLED screens. The term "burn in" is literal, CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) and Plasma screens are 10,000 volt+ devices using electro-chemical and/or electro-mineral luminescence inside of a sealed glass vacuum chamber which can literally have a still image burned into the interior of the glass chamber by prolonged display of still imagery.

LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) Is a low voltage technology where different voltage frequencies trigger the liquid crystal solution to change colors.

OLED (Optical Light Emitting Diode) is another low voltage technology where in each pixel is actually a set of three or four diodes in either a RGB (Red Green Blue) or RGBY (Red Green Blue Yellow) configuration, the OLED driver illuminates the different colors at just the right blends to produce a massive color spectrum perceived by the human eye.
"Burn in" probably isn't the right term for it, but "image retention" isn't that uncommon for OLED or LCDs. I've seen plenty of people get it on OLED vitas but it's not as common for the slim ones AFAIK. My last PC monitor was an LCD and had image retention, and I was extremely careful to turn it off when it wasn't in use and not put any static images on it for extended periods of time.

Mine just updated and is coming Monday.

OLED is "organic" not "optical". And while the mechanics are different, LED screens can suffer a form of burn in: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_burn-in#Plasma.2C_LCD_and_OLED_displays.

I have a 60" LG Plasma that I've played tons of static HUD games on and have never once had burn in. I fell asleep watching ESPN a couple years ago and had image retention that lasted maybe 15 minutes though when I woke up. 

My OLED vita has never had an issue. I don't tend to play more than 3 hours at a time though due to battery life constraints.

And my shovel knight shows today as a delivery date, I'm skeptical.

On a different topic, was there ever official word on why Telltale Games hasn't offered any more of it's games on the VIta?

I have an extra sealed vita (given as a gift) and I'm debating if I should sell it off now  for christmas money or just hold onto it for the long term....

What do you all think?  Will these things go up in value or will they level off around 200 dollars?

I'm Just going to park this right about... here:

Vita_Physical.png

More Info available here.:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tokyootakumode/1154534962?token=38feb8c5

Key word here, "cancelled". They stated they had more than one reason for doing that, including budgeting miscalculations that had caused them to miscalculate what localizing the game was going to cost them by several thousand dollars. I personally think the game has caught a great deal of publicity thanks to that and now stands an ever better chance of getting fully funded to the Vita stretch goal and beyond.

Remember, even Libra of the Vampire Princess (which I know, I know, I fully backed it and then the Vita version got canned) but this isn't some young "wet behind the ears" developer this time, it's Tokyo Otaku Mode behind this KS project. And the Vita version was a KS goal the first time they had this project up for funding too, so it's not a stretch goal that they've tossed in at the last minute half-heartdly, this is a big company with a reputation to maintain. But reason I bring up Libra is because we funded that above and beyond $220,000 because the Vita stretch goal was $210,000. And the Muv Luv stretch goal for the Vita version was mind blowing $500,000 (half-a-million dollars)! So I think $145,000 for a Vita goal here is not even remotely beyond reasoning.

The problem with that one is the visual novel itself is pretty old and for what I played of it not that great. Kind of depressing overall, though I only got through about 1/3 of the game on PC. I need to go back someday, but just wasn't enjoying the premise, story or characters too much. 

I'll just get into the backerkit once and if it's funded, but not going to put anything upfront this time until it's for sure. :p

I'm Just going to park this right about... here:

Vita_Physical.png

More Info available here.:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tokyootakumode/1154534962?token=38feb8c5
This looks interesting, I'll tentatively back it when it launches. One thing I really appreciate about the way they have this structured is the ability to add the extra items as add-ons as well as having typical tier bundles. For instance, I'd be interested in the tapestries, and it's nice to be able to just add one for $35 more than a basic bundle instead of only being able to get them from the $350+ bundles.

Don't forget that Muv Luv managed to raise well over 1 million dollars though. LOL. 

And I'm still waiting for Grisaia Vita to happen. Been more than a year. LOL. 

Vita tiers are a Hail Mary to reach funding goals anymore. Unless the game is complete and/or it's an effort to get an English version of a game already released in Japan I wouldn't trust it. 

Just checked my mail and my copy of Shovel Knight was there waiting.  I'm really impressed with how Fangamer handled this.  Not only was the shipping info accurate for when it was sent but the game was packaged in an actual box made from a single piece of cardboard designed to perfectly fit vita games.  LRG should take notes, this is how you ship a collectors item game.   I had never ordered from fangamer before but what a way to make a first impression.

Mine arrived in a blue bubble mailer too.

No cardboard box though of any sort, so not sure what everyone is talking about.

This looks interesting, I'll tentatively back it when it launches. One thing I really appreciate about the way they have this structured is the ability to add the extra items as add-ons as well as having typical tier bundles. For instance, I'd be interested in the tapestries, and it's nice to be able to just add one for $35 more than a basic bundle instead of only being able to get them from the $350+ bundles.
"Funding for this project has been cancelled by the project creator."

That sucks.

"Funding for this project has been cancelled by the project creator."

That sucks.
That was last time it was on Kickstarter. Right now they have a draft of the new Kickstarter page and are asking for feedback before making it live again. It makes sense, but it's a confusing process altogether.

bread's done
Back