PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Helldivers is a fun game but it is way more suited for play on PS4.
I enjoyed the game much more on PS4 and deleted it from my vita after trying it a couple of times.
It is also a large game and takes up a lot of memory card space.
Thanks I don't have a PS4 but I do have a PS3 so maybe that is the better option. I may just pull the trigger since it is cross-buy.

I got a vita at the start of this month at $130. Would they let me return it and buy it back at the cheaper $60 clearance?
Your one option is go to brickseek and see what store in the area actually has it listed for $60. Call on the phone and have an employee check the dpci# to confirm the price is accurate. Then go to guest services and say you put it on the wrong credit card and wanted to switchto another. Hopefully they will do a return and it re-rings at $60. Then the really hard part will be you having to act surprised.

I'm under the impression that anyone who ordered more than 2 copies of Shovel Knight got the bubble mailer. If it was only a single purchase, you got the nifty box. imo.

Just got this today, did everyone's come in a box? If so... somebody should be taking notes, shipping was only $4 as well.
Yeah, mine came in the same kind of box (made from a single piece of cardboard). I also got the little fangamer pamphlet ad thing. I remarked that when mine came in this is how companies (like LRG) should ship these collectible vita games. Very impressive. Infact I'm copying the box today to ship something out because I like this box design so well... and I can see expanding upon this design for items of other size and multi-games. This is really going to help me out when I finally get around to selling off the excess in my game collection.

I'm under the impression that anyone who ordered more than 2 copies of Shovel Knight got the bubble mailer. If it was only a single purchase, you got the nifty box. imo.
Same here. I think everyone here pretty much verified this by their comments.

Hey everyone,

My launch Vita is finally giving up the ghost. She can barely carry a charge for 8 hours of sleep and 1 hour of gaming. I'm looking to replace it, but haven't seen any Vita system sales for BF or CM. Anyone know of any?
You could buy a replacement battery for $7-$10 on ebay. It's 10 screws and maybe 10-15 minutes to fix. I would still get one of those new $60 target clearance vitas for backup though if you can find one.

You could buy a replacement battery for $7-$10 on ebay. It's 10 screws and maybe 10-15 minutes to fix. I would still get one of those new $60 target clearance vitas for backup though if you can find one.
I think that's a solid option. I think there was an update issue on one version though that also caused some more rapid battery loss. It had something to do with the system leaving the wifi constantly on or something. Turning the wifi off bypassed the issue (I think). I'd make sure to update the firmware and maybe do a little research as well on the issue to make sure the actual battery is the problem before spending money on it.

WOW Awesome news! Tokyo Otaku Mode made a double announcement today concerning the upcoming Kickstarter campaign for Sharin no Kuni.

1. Due to the feedback received during their recent poll and request for interested parties to contact them with concerns and suggestions they have officially switched the two stretch goals, making the PS Vita physical stretch goal now $25,000 less than had previously been announced!

Vita_Physical_revised.png

2. KickStarter campaign officially re-launches on November 21st! :bouncy:

I will back that for the Vita physical. I highly support VNs and even though I did not like it too much when I played on the computer, I will support a physical copy.

You could also try getting a square trade warranty for it and sending it in to them. I bought mine off ebay so I had a square trade warranty through them and when my battery started to not hold a charge as well prior to that update I sent mine in and they fixed it and sent it back within a week or 2.

WOW Awesome news! Tokyo Otaku Mode made a double announcement today concerning the upcoming Kickstarter campaign for Sharin no Kuni.

1. Due to the feedback received during their recent poll and request for interested parties to contact them with concerns and suggestions they have officially switched the two stretch goals, making the PS Vita physical stretch goal now $25,000 less than had previously been announced!

2. KickStarter campaign officially re-launches on November 21st! :bouncy:
I don't want to be disappointed so I'll wait to see how it plays out.

The only Kickstarters for games I will support nowadays have to (1) be a physical copy of the game, and (2) there has to be something exclusive to the Kickstarter physical copy that I can't get elsewhere.  Otherwise I'll just pick up the game through regular retail channels.

The only Kickstarters for games I will support nowadays have to (1) be a physical copy of the game, and (2) there has to be something exclusive to the Kickstarter physical copy that I can't get elsewhere. Otherwise I'll just pick up the game through regular retail channels.
What is the regular physical copy is exclusive to the KickStarter?

Hate to ask but does anyone's target have the Vita in stock? I saw it recently dropped to $60. As soon as it did, my local stores' inventory changed to 0 on brickseek. 

Just finished Trails of Cold Steel (1) -- need Cold Steel 2 like now :O

Probably just pick it up with my Black Friday items online next week.

Hate to ask but does anyone's target have the Vita in stock? I saw it recently dropped to $60. As soon as it did, my local stores' inventory changed to 0 on brickseek.
The day the price changed there was one at a store ~66 miles from my house... but it wasn't worth me driving all that way since it would likely be sold before I got there. When I checked the next morning it was indeed sold. I think finding one of these deals at a Target or finding someone willing to hook you up will be a lot harder than trying to get an NES Classic at cost from a reseller. Target clearanced and then donated all of their vita games last year and hasn't had any new stock of the systems since before that point. You are more likely to find a PSTV at Target than anything vita related at this point.

Just finished Trails of Cold Steel (1) -- need Cold Steel 2 like now :O

Probably just pick it up with my Black Friday items online next week.
I still need to play 1... but I went ahead and got 2 from Amazon for that discount since I just didn't want to miss it and it looked like this was my kind of RPG.

Looks like the cheapest way to get it now is $30 used at GS and do the buy 2 get 1 deal for BF weekend... but you'd actually have to go to a store to ensure it's complete.

Now that we are getting Operation Babel, I might need to put more effort into finding a cheap copy of Operation Abyss. I think it has been a while since GS did conversions, I see a gutted "new" copies around me "Clearance" at $34.99, gonna patiently for it to convert.

No luck in my area. Sadly. Would've loved to pick up a $60 Vita as a back-up system.

Boredom makes people do crazy things.... Boredom + Fandom makes people do crazy specific things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Both Regions 1 & 2 Checklists:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically with release date after title.

- 2016 -
Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut (December)
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD (12/9)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (12/13)
Stealth Inc.: A Clone in the Dark: Ultimate Edition (11/25)
Steins;Gate 0 (11/29)

- 2017 -
A Rose in the Twilight (2nd Quarter)
Akiba's Beat (3/14)
Atelier Shallie Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea: Limited Edition (1/17)
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (1/10)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
God Wars: Future Past (TBA)
Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds (2nd Quarter)
Mary Skelter: Nightmares (3rd Quarter)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (Mid-Year)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Oceanhorn (TBA)
Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy (2nd Quarter)
Rabi-Ribi (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Skullgirls: 2nd Encore (January)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (March)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
The Nonary Games (TBA)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)

- 2018 -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (TBA)

- Special Edition Pre-Order Updates -

- Aksys Games -
Nothing announced.

- Atlus -
Nothing announced. Really Atlus, really?

- Idea Factory -
Stay Tuned, nothing else until 2017.

- Limited Run Games -
Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut
Limited Physical Edition - On Sale Release Date
- $24.99
- https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-31-lone-survivor-vita
- Release Date: TBA December 2016

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
- $29.99
- https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-29-oddworld-strangers-wrath-hd-vita
- Release Date: December 9th, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. EST (GMT -5)

Stealth Inc.: A Clone in the Dark: Ultimate Edition
- $24.99
- https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-27-stealth-inc-ultimate-edition-vita
- Release Date: November 25th (Black Friday), 2016 at 10:00 a.m. EST (GMT -5)

- Marvelous! / XSeed Games -
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star
Noble Phantasm Edition - Available
- $59.99
- https://www.amazon.com/Fate-EXTELLA-Umbral-Noble-Phantasm-PlayStation/dp/B01LYRGKKG/
- Release Date: January 10th, 2017

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Risky Beats - Available
- $29.99
- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018F6NSP4/
- Release Date: December 13th, 2016

- NISA -
A Rose in the Twilight
Limited Edition - Less than 100% remaining.
- $39.99
- http://store.nisamerica.com/games/rose-in-the-twilight-limited-edition
- Release Date: Spring 2017

Atelier Shallie Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea
Limited Physical Edition - Less than 50% remaining!!
- $54.99
- http://store.nisamerica.com/games/atelier-shallie-plus-alchemists-of-the-dusk-sea-limited-edition
- Release Date: January 17th, 2017

God Wars: Future Past
- $74.99
- http://store.nisamerica.com/games/god-wars-future-past-limited-edition
- Release Date: 2nd Quarter 2017

Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy
- $59.99
- http://store.nisamerica.com/games/operation-babel-new-tokyo-legacy-limited-edition-ps-vita
- Release Date: Spring 2017

- Rice Digital/PQube -
Steins;Gate 0
Amadeus Edition - Available
- $79.99 (plus $30 S&H)
- http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/steins-gate-0-ps-vita-amadeus-edition-collectors-edition-us-version
- Release Date: November 29th, 2016

- KickStarter Offerings -

- Koji Igarashi / 505 Games-
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
- $60.00 + S&H (FULLY FUNDED! Still available to preorder!)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: Collector's Box
- $250.00 + S&H
- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/
- Targeted Release Date: March 2018

- Tokyo Otaku Mode / Frontwing -
Sharin no Kuni ~ The Girl Among the Sunflowers ~
- Campaing begins on November 21st, 2016. Vita Stretch Goal: $120,000
- $40.00 & Up + S&H (Once stretch goal is met.)
- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tokyootakumode/1154534962?token=38feb8c5
- Targeted Release Date: October 2017

Great list. One FYI though that Shantae doesn't have a real estimated release date yet, based on what WayForward said. I'd be surprised if it comes out anytime this year :(

Great list. One FYI though that Shantae doesn't have a real estimated release date yet, based on what WayForward said. I'd be surprised if it comes out anytime this year :(
Ah, such a pity. It keeps getting bumped. X Seed's original release date was set for back in September, then October, then later in October, then this month, and now next month. I think the successful sale of their games on the PS4 through LRG and and on the 3DS through that other publisher have made them reconsider how they want the release to be handled.

Ah, such a pity. It keeps getting bumped. X Seed's original release date was set for back in September, then October, then later in October, then this month, and now next month. I think the successful sale of their games on the PS4 through LRG and and on the 3DS through that other publisher have made them reconsider how they want the release to be handled.
Half Genie Hero is a new game while the Pirate's Curse and LRG were just physical release of a game that was out for a while.

I love Stein's Gate and I woudl like to buy the sequel before a long trip to Austrialia in March.  Do you all think the price will drop below the 31.99 price on Amazon?

I love Stein's Gate and I woudl like to buy the sequel before a long trip to Austrialia in March. Do you all think the price will drop below the 31.99 price on Amazon?
Seeing how the game hasn't even been released yet, and that $31.99 price is only with the early order Prime Discount, which will go away after two weeks after its release, after which it'll go back to $39.99, so it's probably not going to go a whole lot cheaper than the current price with the 20% off until the mid or latter half of next year.

I love Stein's Gate and I woudl like to buy the sequel before a long trip to Austrialia in March. Do you all think the price will drop below the 31.99 price on Amazon?
Buy now, think later.

It's not available from any other retailer so who knows how many copies they're going to print. We're late into the Vita's life and even Gamestop didn't stock the original game.

Buy now, think later.

It's not available from any other retailer so who knows how many copies they're going to print. We're late into the Vita's life and even Gamestop didn't stock the original game.
To be fair, PQube has no relationship with GameStop at all, hence why GameStop has no PQube published games unless someone trades them in.

I'm thinking it took the original Steins;Gate eight to ten months after release date to get a price drop. So don't count on it going below the present $31.99 pre-order price before next summer.

Is there a way to tell which PS1Classic in the current sale that will not work without first transferring from PS3? I want Chrono Cross and Legend of Mana but I do not have PS3 in case I have to transfer them.

To be fair, PQube has no relationship with GameStop at all, hence why GameStop has no PQube published games unless someone trades them in.

I'm thinking it took the original Steins;Gate eight to ten months after release date to get a price drop. So don't count on it going below the present $31.99 pre-order price before next summer.
I haven't seen the original Steins;Gate listed at a single B&M retailer in the US. My research may be flawed, but I'm pretty sure the distribution outlets are fairly limited as such. I wholly agree about the timetable for discounts on the original, yet my concern is that it won't go the same way for this game because I doubt there will be that many produced to begin with.

In short, if you want a copy for a trip in March, you're probably better off buying now and not risking the difference. Nonetheless, I have been wrong about these things in the past :D

I haven't seen the original Steins;Gate listed at a single B&M retailer in the US. My research may be flawed, but I'm pretty sure the distribution outlets are fairly limited as such. I wholly agree about the timetable for discounts on the original, yet my concern is that it won't go the same way for this game because I doubt there will be that many produced to begin with.

In short, if you want a copy for a trip in March, you're probably better off buying now and not risking the difference. Nonetheless, I have been wrong about these things in the past :D
PQube only distributes through Amazon in the US at the moment. You can get the titles through VGP as well if you're looking for a different retailer, but they're a Canadian based company. As far as quantity wise is concerned, if the previous PQube titles are an indicator, as well as the original Steins Gate title, it doesn't really seem like availability will be much of an issue in its current state. Just because it's not available everywhere, doesn't necessarily mean the actual number of copies will be low. After all, Amazon is a fairly big front when it comes to distribution. I'd be more likely to believe this whole panic of quantity produced if any of the recent titles PQube put out were already out of print, and couldn't be purchased anymore, but seeing how it hasn't happened yet, personally I'm not really all that worried.

So Bloodstained is actually coming out on Vita after all ? Hmm... $60 sounds steep though.
Just wait for the retail version.

It's most likely going to be $40 since it'll be bare bones, and just the game.

Still got awhile to go though ever since the recent delay. Hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later. T___T

bread's done
Back