PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I"m just ordering the vita version for the headphones... and if its rare and I have money, I"ll keep it. 

If I need the money, then I"ll cancel it. 

WOW! This has got to be some kind of a new record for NISA. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony: Limited Edition already down to less than 25% inventory, and it just went up for pre-order yesterday!

http://store.nisamerica.com/danganronpa-v3-killing-harmony-limited-edition-ps-vita?

dv3-3d_vita_retail-esrb-rp_1.jpg
FYI, I just placed an order this morning, but its at 0 - 5% available. The PS4 version is still at 50 - 75% available though. I imagine they could always use some of the PS4 allotment to satisfy the Vita version demand of the LE since all the bonus items appear to be the same and the Collector's box may be the same size for each.

Correct, there will not be a standard edition. This is yet another game being released as a limited physical edition under partnership with Koei Tecmo, same as the two you've already named. You either buy the physical version from NISA, or not at all.

Slow loading is due to them literally having the product pages loading the full size image files with the webpage coding setup to resize the image displayed, which is rather nuts since some of those product images are close to 2MB each sometimes. Checkout though, I haven't had any issues with the checkout.

Yeah, I checked my e-mail and saw the announcement they sent out yesterday late-afternoon and posted about it here right away! My guess is that this L.E. is even more limited than there normal production runs because of headphones and backpack. A couple thousand each of those items no doubt occupy some serious warehouse space.

Do you guys realize that NISA presently has five different Vita games up for pre-order!? If you pre-ordered the limited/collector's editions of all five from them that would cost you a whopping $309.95! :shock:
Yep, and I got 4 out of the 5 LE Vita pre-orders... damn NIS knows how to get at my wallet. T_T

With the Danganronpa V3 LE, I'm actually completely not interested in the backpack, hat or headphones. Just wanted the artbook and soundtrack CD. Probably gonna sell/trade/give that stuff away. Haven't decided yet.

Damn so that V3 is only in LE from nis? I want it physical, guess Im getting it then. I dont want to spend that much but I have 1 and 2 in the LE/CE already.

Damn so that V3 is only in LE from nis? I want it physical, guess Im getting it then. I dont want to spend that much but I have 1 and 2 in the LE/CE already.
Unfortunately, it seems that will be the only way to get the LE. I'm surprised the standard edition hasn't popped up at other retailers yet, especially after being announced at such a big event. Usually Amazon will at least do a Dec 31st 2017 release date if they don't know when it will be yet.

Nah, things have been slow lately.

Criminal Girls 2 didn't even get a release at other retailers until it was pretty much a month before release, and then they had to delay the release to get stock to all the other places, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

It's still way too early to be worrying about this kind of stuff. ;P

Unfortunately, it seems that will be the only way to get the LE. I'm surprised the standard edition hasn't popped up at other retailers yet, especially after being announced at such a big event. Usually Amazon will at least do a Dec 31st 2017 release date if they don't know when it will be yet.
They havent posted any of the games from playstation Exp from when i checked last night. Looking to preorder the crash trilogy

well i'm pretty sure shantae will be coming out this month at least. they've already released it for the kickstarter backers

I can't imagine them not selling a standard edition version of DR3.

It's times like this that I'm actually glad I missed out on the LE version of the first game.  Now I don't feel obligated to buy this one.  

There will be a standard edition, they just don't have it up for pre-order yet. We don't even know yet when the game is going to release. Spike Chunsoft and NIS are working to complete the English translation, indicating that the JP version maybe done. as they have announced the plan is for a simultaneous worldwide release date.

I can't imagine them not selling a standard edition version of DR3.

It's times like this that I'm actually glad I missed out on the LE version of the first game. Now I don't feel obligated to buy this one.
This is the best LE they've done though (for Danganronpa). A hat, backpack, and headphones are pretty sweet bonuses for a LE, and the price is right. I missed out on the first and second LEs, but I can't pass this one up. If you really wanted the LE stuff for the first two games you could just buy Danganronpa Reload. Has identical contents aside from the box IIRC. I know it's not the same thing, but it's an option.

There will be a standard edition, they just don't have it up for pre-order yet. We don't even know yet when the game is going to release. Spike Chunsoft and NIS are working to complete the English translation, indicating that the JP version maybe done. as they have announced the plan is for a simultaneous worldwide release date.
Any source for the simultaneous worldwide release? I thought it was releasing in japan in janaury, they're really cutting it close for a worldwide release if so..

Just got an email from NISA saying to not worry about DR3 for the Vita, as they are converting some PS4 qty's over to Vita, so this appears to be limited to what's on hand in regards to their system, so depending on what those numbers started out at, who knows which one will be more scarce in the long run.

If anyone is interested in either version, you better get in now, as if this email is to be believed, they won't be making more past what they are selling now.

This is the best LE they've done though (for Danganronpa)...
Oh. Hell. I can just use the backpack as a carrying case for my Vita, if nothing else.

Apparently I was just fooling myself into not being disappointed that I "missed out," since less than 5 hours later I placed an order. :D

Sorry, this is a bit off topic but I'm selling a few old vita games as a bundle on Ebay. 

The seller's address is listed as TRANSLOGISTIC SERV ?  Is it safe to send my stuff to them?  They already paid.

Sorry, this is a bit off topic but I'm selling a few old vita games as a bundle on Ebay.

The seller's address is listed as TRANSLOGISTIC SERV ? Is it safe to send my stuff to them? They already paid.
Sounds like a freight forwarder based off of nothing but a quick eyeball at the name.

That is what I think too... is that okay to send or does that seem scammy to you?  I'm selling my beloved Persona golden and Tales of Cold Steel  IIfor some extra Christmas money... so I'm a little more anal about this.

You may want to just check his recent feedback, and if he has any recent feedback.

There's also blocked bidders thread that you can take a quick search for the address just in case.

Oh. Hell. I can just use the backpack as a carrying case for my Vita, if nothing else.

Apparently I was just fooling myself into not being disappointed that I "missed out," since less than 5 hours later I placed an order. :D
I think I can speak on behalf of the Vita community when I say, "I'm so proud of you right now."

A bunch of Final Fantasy news right now but here is something relevant to the vita. A compilation of all pre ps2 mainline FF games is coming to ps4 and vita and it's seemingly getting a physical release as well based on the text of the leak,

"This compilation will include Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX and it will be released on PS4 and PS Vita in a single disc/card."

Read more http://vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-roadmap/

That's a buttload of Final Fantasy leaks (news? maybe.)  In for 1+ Crystal Complete editions. 

That would be $300 easily.  Judging from contents probably more like $400-500.

That's a buttload of Final Fantasy leaks (news? maybe.) In for 1+ Crystal Complete editions.

That would be $300 easily. Judging from contents probably more like $400-500.
Let's hope not, I really just want that 4 disc soundtrack. I'll probably just stick with the collectors edition.

I think the harder thing for me to believe out of those leaks is that they are going to release FFXII remaster and the first episode of FFVII remaster both in 2017. That just seems like an impossibly tall task for a company who struggles to get anything done in a timely fashion.

I don't know, that looks pretty legit to me.

FF is to Sqaure as Street Fighter is to Capcom, and Metal Gear is to Konami, so if this was any other series, I might say not happening, but FF is Square's main revenue and has been forever. I do agree Sqaure is rather slow, but so is "N", and they pull miracles out of their asses every once in awhile, so Square is just as capable.

While a set like this requires a certain level of work, imagine how much revenue can be made from all previously released games? If this doesn't happen, I would be shocked, as this seems like a no brainer to me, but who knows?

Are any of those games 1-9 that large in size where they wouldn't fit on 1 Vita card? I'm not sure of the largest sizes offered, but can't they go rather large on it, and make them all fit?

If this is true, hopefully the Vita at least gets the collector's edition, as the big set looks filled with cheap crap and they are going to charge a ridiculous amount on, but the collector's edition seems decent enough. I would mostly get it for the art book, but we'll see.

Overall I would say this seems more likely than not, but nothing is for sure until it's officially announced, but I don't see anything here that seems out of possibility.

A Multi Cart release?

Would not be surprised if they put some on the cart and made the rest downloadable content
Am I mistaken or were PS1 Games CD's and not DVD's? I think I am right, so VII would only be around 3GB. Honestly, 1-9 should not even be much more than 12-15GB.

After being super Stoke by getting a complete Danganronpa 2 from GameStop online, I was once again reminded how much of a crap chute it is when I got the other half of my order. Danganronpa 1 and UMVC3 were both in just a little plastic sleeve.

A bunch of Final Fantasy news right now but here is something relevant to the vita. A compilation of all pre ps2 mainline FF games is coming to ps4 and vita and it's seemingly getting a physical release as well based on the text of the leak,

"This compilation will include Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX and it will be released on PS4 and PS Vita in a single disc/card."

Read more http://vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-roadmap/
I would buy it easy, but I have a hard time believing that is true. Square has spent the past 20 years dicing their games up and re-re-re-re-re-releasing them individually on every platform they can. I have a hard think thinking they would do a compilation that massive. Unless they finally drained the well dry and no one is buying them separate anymore and they are doing this as an effort to fill the cocaine bucket up again.

Am I mistaken or were PS1 Games CD's and not DVD's? I think I am right, so VII would only be around 3GB. Honestly, 1-9 should not even be much more than 12-15GB.
CDs.

The mamxium memory for a Vita cart is like 4gb since Sony refuses to make more carts with higher memory.

Hey I lucked out and went to a Walmart that is way out of my area and I found a copy of ffx/ffx2 for $10. The plastic was dissintegrating off tho, so I will need to check the code for ffx2

CDs.

The mamxium memory for a Vita cart is like 4gb since Sony refuses to make more carts with higher memory.
Well, that may be a problem then, but if anyone could get a custom larger cart size made, it would be Square. But until this rumor is confirmed true, I guess it doesn't matter either way.

I don't know if I want an FF compilation.  I have all of these games on PSN already for my Vita.  I mean, I guess I'd like the original NES cart versions so the load times might be near instant... but then again... do I really want them versus just playing what I already bought.... I don't know.

IF it's $40 for the Vita collection (I don't want the extra stuff, just the base game)... ok... I'll get it if it's real because that's a heck of a convenience and it may save me from some load times on the later games if they are optimized well.

How are they going to fit that all on one Vita cart? VII is half a cart by itself, and VIII is more than half.
Final Fantasies I - VI, even in remastered form, should be under 1 GB. Likewise, Final Fantasies VII, VIII, and IX are all likely under 1GB each, so fitting them all on a single roughly 3.9GB maximum capacity game cart shouldn't be a problem. What is being forgotten here is that each disc of seven - nine contains the game engine and common continuation files, which occupy the bulk of each disc. So on those multi-disc games there might only be 200MB of new content data on each sequential CD-ROM disc. Also with both the audio and cutscene files, compression technology improved greatly in the twelve year period between FFIX's release in 2000 and the Vita hardware being released in 2012, very easy to take an old MPEG cutscene file which may have been 100MB back then and compress it without quality loss to less than half that size.

A Multi Cart release?

Would not be surprised if they put some on the cart and made the rest downloadable content
As weall know from how SquEnix handles the FFX/X-2 HD Remastered release globally I'm sure they've taken note of the fact that the X-2 English cart version from Southeast Asia has sold far more copies than that one region should have accounted for. But it proves they aren't opposed to the notion of doing a multi-cart release, and honestly a compilation of this scale could easily be divided up into a two cart release, with cart 1 containing the remasters of FF I - VI, and the second cart containing FF VII - IX. And if they really are serious about doing this compilation, then the two cart scenario would unquestionably allow them to milk consumers of more money than doing a single cart release. But as you say, there is nothing to prevent them from once again disappointing consumers by including download codes for one or more of the games.

If there are a couple of download codes for games in the supposed FF collection then consumers won't buy it at the price it's certain to command.  It's as simple as that.   I know I wouldn't.  I already own those games digitally.  SquareEnix is so dumb and self-absorbed they might actually go through with something like that. 

If they break it up, and do part on cart, and then some digital downloads, I'll for sure be skipping this. But there would still be a good shot that an ASIA release might do it all on carts, so anything is possible. I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see if this is even real, and then we can debate the logistics of it all.

Going back to the article... FFI-VI will be 2 versions... the NES/SNES original & the mobile versions.

FFI- 0.15MB NES / 115MB iOS (Note 118MB For PSN-PS1 Origins combo of FF1&2)

FF2- 0.17MB NES / 199MB iOS

FF3- 0.33MB NES / 290MB iOS / 232MB PSN-PSP

FF4- 0.67MB SNES / 537MB iOS / 727MB PSN-PSP (which includes The After Years)

FF5- 1.4MB SNES / 167MB iOS /162MB PSN-PS1

FF6- 2.2MB SNES / 698MB iOS / 192MB PSN-PS1

FF7- 1.94GB iOS / 1.3GB PSN-PS1

FF8- 1.8GB PSN-PS1

FF9- 3.89GB iOS /1.5GB PSN-PS1

So just going off PSN + SNES + NES = 709.647MB For FF1->FF6

So just going off PSN FF7->FF9 = 4,600MB

Total minimum: 5,309.647MB... ~ 5.31GB

And that's including FFIV-The After Years.

On Steam... it's hard to tell the actual install sizes... just recommended free space...

FF3- 800MB

FF4- 750MB

FF5- 800MB (Guessing Since it's Not listed on the Store)

FF6- 950MB

FF7- 3GB

FF8- 4GB

FF9- 7GB

Going by 7/8/9 since it said modern ports... that's 14GB alone for those three games.  FF7 on PSN-PS4 lists 4GB.

It'll be interesting to see if this is a reality if the Vita version is just FF1-6 as the classic NES/SNES versions and the PS1 versions for 7,8&9.  For that, they could squeeze them into a 4gb card if they just axe the remake/update ports of FF1-6 and stick with the classics.  They'll need a 16gb card if they include more modern iOS/Steam ports... which is probably not impossible.  Even with an 8gb cart they could do some great stuff.

Likewise, Final Fantasies VII, VIII, and IX are all likely under 1GB each...

...very easy to take an old MPEG cutscene file which may have been 100MB back then and compress it without quality loss to less than half that size.
No way. If that was the case the PC versions of FF7 and FF8 would be much smaller, due to the install disk that would have theoretically installed the shared resources. But no, those are still 3 GBs.

And cutscenes? They were done with Bink video. Unless they have all the original sources, they're not going to get a smaller size for the remaster. And even if it was more efficient, they're going to have to go from 480i to at least 960x544, which is a 3.4x increase in size.

It's not possible.

bread's done
Back