PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Refurb OLED Vita for sub $100 on ebay. I bought one from that guy. It came in pretty good shape. Not perfect but I doubt the woot ones are better.
don't forget that you can get the square trade insurance on them through ebay which did an excellent job replacing my vitas battery back in 2015.

Refurb OLED Vita for sub $100 on ebay. I bought one from that guy. It came in pretty good shape. Not perfect but I doubt the woot ones are better.
Completely sold out now.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/me-my-katamari/cid=UP0700-ULUS10094_00-MAMKATAMARIPSPGO

Me and my Katamari is on sale for 3.74. Has anyone played this on the vita? Is it any good
The biggest issue with the original PSP release was the lack of dual sticks. The Vita version should not have that problem. Graphics are a downgrade compared to the console versions, with fewer objects able to be displayed onscreen at once due to the PSP not being as powerful as even a PS2. Otherwise, a solid entry to the series, and definitely recommended.

Completely sold out now.
It has been sold out a few times. He seems to have a ton of them and just adds them as they sell. If anyone is interested they should just add the listing to watch list. I may pick up another one if ebay throws up a 15 off 75 coupon again and they are instock.

My 1000 is having battery problems, after normal use of about two hours, the battery display would suddenly cliff from ~90% green to 5% red. I doubt this is a firmware problem, might have to finally retire the old champ who have served loyally for many years and countless hours.

Come to think of it, the "battery drain" of FATE/EXTELLA that I mentioned before might be because of my machine and not entirely the game.

Been eyeing some LE machines from Japan. Never imported a Vita before, aside from the cost, is there anything I should be aware of? I could think of:

1. System Menu is in Japanese (?)

2. System Menu has X/O swapped (but if I play NA carts the buttons shouldn't be swapped, I think)

3. I think I should be able to log into NA PSN with no hassle at all

My 1000 is having battery problems, after normal use of about two hours, the battery display would suddenly cliff from ~90% green to 5% red. I doubt this is a firmware problem, might have to finally retire the old champ who have served loyally for many years and countless hours.

Come to think of it, the "battery drain" of FATE/EXTELLA that I mentioned before might be because of my machine and not entirely the game.

Been eyeing some LE machines from Japan. Never imported a Vita before, aside from the cost, is there anything I should be aware of? I could think of:
1. System Menu is in Japanese (?)
2. System Menu has X/O swapped (but if I play NA carts the buttons shouldn't be swapped, I think)
3. I think I should be able to log into NA PSN with no hassle at all
I'm only speaking in regards to my experience with my Japanese PSP, but you're correct about x./o but that is only in the xmb. Once in a game, it plays like that game is set up. You can log into your NA account without issue, and system menu, you pick which language you want when you first load up.

You could save a lot of money by just replacing the battery. Under $10 on ebay and takes maybe 10 minutes.

The Nonary Games isn't out until March 24th.
im aware of that. id like to preorder as best buy no longer gets Vita in-store anywhere near me. So i wondered if anyone else had preordered there yet and i missed out. Thats why i was asking

im aware of that. id like to preorder as best buy no longer gets Vita in-store anywhere near me. So i wondered if anyone else had preordered there yet and i missed out. Thats why i was asking
It hasn't gone live. I've been waiting on that and a number of other vita games to go live.

It hasn't been available to preorder. They just have a placeholder for now. I've been monitoring it for a while now.

senran kagura shinovi versus from gamefly arrived today, it was just the vita case, art + cart only. sucks i didnt' get the LE stuff but the game is what i wanted so i'm good.

senran kagura shinovi versus from gamefly arrived today, it was just the vita case, art + cart only. sucks i didnt' get the LE stuff but the game is what i wanted so i'm good.
hqdefault.jpg

... so the massive list just overwhelms me to the point sometimes that I just watch TV.
I always tell myself I don't have time to play yet I've managed to watch the first two seasons of Lost in the past 2 weeks, and I've already watched the entire series.

not bad for 20.. paid 30 gamestop and got Cart only

seems that one Beat game for vita pushed back to may 2

I got mine in today. It was the complete LE. Came in a bubble mailer so the box was a bit beat up, but overall a great score.

There's only one LE version for the game.

Otherwise, it's just the game. :p
isnt there 2

got to love copy and paste

then again maybe its the same

SENRAN KAGURA SHINOVI VERSUS - 'Let's Get Physical' Limited Edition - PlayStation Vita

and

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus Limited Edition

There's only one.

Sometimes, people like to make duplicate listings on Amazon, just because.

The original release of the game only came in the Let's Get Physical Edition, so someone else probably thought it'd be cute to make a new listing for it.

It's just like lots of other titles that have first print releases that are limited editions, but isn't in the title of the listing on Amazon, so someone else decides to make a new listing of it, noting it as a Limited Edition in hopes that it sells for more, or it's more accurate.

Happens fairly often with first print sets that have an "LE" edition.

People have to make duplicate listings on Amazon when the asshole site doesn't let you sell certain things because you don't have a professional seller account, or "listings for this item are restricted".  Happens all the time when I try to sell stuff.  

I got mine in today. It was the complete LE. Came in a bubble mailer so the box was a bit beat up, but overall a great score.
I got the same thing as srocky26-- the full SKSV LE, beaten up in a bubble mailer, but complete.

Chesskid1, thanks for taking one for the team.

There's only one.

Sometimes, people like to make duplicate listings on Amazon, just because.

The original release of the game only came in the Let's Get Physical Edition, so someone else probably thought it'd be cute to make a new listing for it.

It's just like lots of other titles that have first print releases that are limited editions, but isn't in the title of the listing on Amazon, so someone else decides to make a new listing of it, noting it as a Limited Edition in hopes that it sells for more, or it's more accurate.

Happens fairly often with first print sets that have an "LE" edition.
that second one isnt from amazon its from gamestop

Then it matters even less, as I've already explained, there is only one LE version of the game.

Please stop slidecaging me now. There's only so much I can take at a time. :(
Correct. I know it may be confusing to some, but XSeed had clearly hoped for the game to sell well enough back when first released to warrant a second printing of just a standard edition of the game, which never happened. Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus was only ever sold new in form of the "Let's Get Physical! Edition", which was a boxed version of the game containing the retail-ready "standard edition" of the game. I know that isn't clear to anyone reading the Directory, because that bit of information isn't present in the directory and would only be known to those who were paying attention to Vita releases back then. Frankly that the copy of the game in the box bares a unique UPC was beneficial to the likes of GameSlop as it allowed them to sloppily lose, steal, or misplace the Let's Get Physical! Edition box and bonus goods and still get away with selling the game as being a "New" copy.

If you do buy from ebay don't forget to grab squaretrade insurance from there as well.  They took really good care of my vita when I sent it in to replace the battery.

I have the newest model.... Do I need the OLED one?

Is it that much of an upgrade?
Some will say the 1000 is better, and some will say the 2000. I personally like the 2000, and would never go back to the Phat for any reason. From the first time I held the 1000, I thought how bad it felt in my hands. So from that day forward, I just kept saying, they've got to do a slim model, as I just didn't like the 1000.

I sold my LE white Assassin's creed bundle, and it pretty much covered my 2000 import cost, that was super sweet. Now the OLED is really something special, and I don't blame anyone for going that route, but for me, the 2000 screen is pretty damn good, and nothing to laugh at. And besides the screen, I think the 2000 improves on the 1000 in every other possible way. Just a better system all around.

But is it any good?

sent from my galaxy s6 edge plus using tapatalk on android
I would say it's pretty good for a Vita Batman game. The combat is a little easier than the console games since you only have to focus on enemies to either your left or right, and it makes heavy use of the touch screen for the detective mode things. There's replayability too because there's multiple endings depending on the order you fight the bosses and such.

Earned the Psycho Pass platinum Saturday. That was rather repetitive. I've only played a handful of VNs but I hate how they tend to let you speed up previously seen text but never skip it outright. That would've taken WAY less time if I could only have skipped the stuff I'd already seen 6+ times. Also, the game reuses tons of stuff that it seems to think is new because it makes you sit through long conversations because maybe one or two sentences have changed between pages of dialogue due to a certain choice you made. It just technically wasn't that impressive and had big segments of boredom, much of it didn't retain the same excitement and intrigue as the anime, but you do get more of the characters you love and a somewhat interesting overall story I guess. Easier to recommend to fans of Psycho Pass than fans of VNs. 

Earned the Psycho Pass platinum Saturday. That was rather repetitive. I've only played a handful of VNs but I hate how they tend to let you speed up previously seen text but never skip it outright. That would've taken WAY less time if I could only have skipped the stuff I'd already seen 6+ times. Also, the game reuses tons of stuff that it seems to think is new because it makes you sit through long conversations because maybe one or two sentences have changed between pages of dialogue due to a certain choice you made. It just technically wasn't that impressive and had big segments of boredom, much of it didn't retain the same excitement and intrigue as the anime, but you do get more of the characters you love and a somewhat interesting overall story I guess. Easier to recommend to fans of Psycho Pass than fans of VNs.
The most annoying thing to me about getting that plat trophy was the 2-3 second lag every time a character's portrait appeared.

I have the newest model.... Do I need the OLED one?

Is it that much of an upgrade?
It's heavier, the start/select buttons are harder to press, and it uses a proprietary connector. But at least the screen will use technology Apple stated they wouldn't use on their iPhones due to quality concerns when it was manufactured.

bread's done
Back