PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally picked up a Vita after several months on the fence. Bought Freedom Wars, a few Hyperdimension Neptunia games and Ninja Gaiden. Seems like there are so many niche Japanese titles that have released the last couple years. Are there any good hidden gems worth grabbing for the Vita?

I wouldn't say it's "hidden," but the original Tearaway for the Vita is unique, charming, and very much a product of the Vita's various features. It is a game that can only truly exist on the original Vita hardware. The port they made for the PS4 was altered to work on the PS4, it is not the exact same game that came out on the Vita. (it couldn't be) It also tends to be available for a very low price at the moment, so I would strongly recommend picking up a copy of Tearaway.

I also always recommend the Vanillaware games for the Vita. Muramasa and Dragon's Crown are both excellent titles, with some stunning artwork in them.

I know you weren't asking me, but I enjoyed the game (got a review code). Reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics b/c of the job classes. It's a little basic, but fun.
No worries. I read it was kind of a slog though. I'm not into strategy RPGs, so it takes a lot for me to get interested.

I wouldn't say it's "hidden," but the original Tearaway for the Vita is unique, charming, and very much a product of the Vita's various features. It is a game that can only truly exist on the original Vita hardware. The port they made for the PS4 was altered to work on the PS4, it is not the exact same game that came out on the Vita. (it couldn't be) It also tends to be available for a very low price at the moment, so I would strongly recommend picking up a copy of Tearaway.

I also always recommend the Vanillaware games for the Vita. Muramasa and Dragon's Crown are both excellent titles, with some stunning artwork in them.
Thanks for the suggestion! Looks like I'm going shopping tonight. I instantly fell in love with the Vita after starting it up for the first time. Such a shame that Sony has almost completely abandoned it.

I finally picked up a Vita after several months on the fence. Bought Freedom Wars, a few Hyperdimension Neptunia games and Ninja Gaiden. Seems like there are so many niche Japanese titles that have released the last couple years. Are there any good hidden gems worth grabbing for the Vita?
best in each category (imo) (there are quite a few I'm skipping over too, but these are all PSTV compatible too)

RPG: Tales of Hearts R (gamestop excusive in USA)

SRPG: Disgaea 4 (and 3)

JRPG: Persona 4 Golden

FPS: Killzone: Mercenary

FPDC: Dungeon Traveler 2. (just keep in mind this is about 60 hours long)

3rd Person Shooter: Earth Defense Force 2

Visual Novel: Danganronpa 1 & 2 (also on PS4)

These are the Vita games i have enjoyed from what i have played:

Gravity Rush

Tales of Hearts

World of Final Fantasy

Neptunia...anything

Assassins creed liberation

Mod Nations was fun, annoying Plat, but fun racer

played God Eater and FF10 on PS4, not sure of vita quality, but enjoyed those as well

I got a screen protector for my vita. One o' dem newfangled tempered glass things. And boy was it a pain in the ass to apply. The first time I put it down was pretty good. Only one little speck of dust that I missed. I didn't want that speck there obviously so I took it off to reapply. Worst mistake of my life. It was such a pain to get the dust out perfectly. It felt like a dust magnet. After about 2 hours of attempts, I finally got it in a decent state. Now I never want to apply another screen protector ever again.

I got a screen protector for my vita. One o' dem newfangled tempered glass things. And boy was it a pain in the ass to apply. The first time I put it down was pretty good. Only one little speck of dust that I missed. I didn't want that speck there obviously so I took it off to reapply. Worst mistake of my life. It was such a pain to get the dust out perfectly. It felt like a dust magnet. After about 2 hours of attempts, I finally got it in a decent state. Now I never want to apply another screen protector ever again.
Did you do it in a bathroom after a hot shower? That makes it so much easier to keep dust off things.

Did you do it in a bathroom after a hot shower? That makes it so much easier to keep dust off things.
This is exactly what I did for my new Moto Z Force Droid; used a tempered glass screen protector, applied it after a shower in a steamy bathroom, and it went on perfectly the first time, no dust or specs. First time in my life I got one on perfectly for a device, most of the previous ones on other devices had a few specs.

Went a little crazy last night. Picked up Gravity Rush, Muramasa, Toukiden 2, P4 Golden, Tales of Hearts R, Ys, Child of Light, Earth Defense Force 2, Rayman Legends and World of Final Fantasy. Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Now I just need to find some grips, the Vita slim just wants to fall right out of my hands.

Went a little crazy last night. Picked up Gravity Rush, Muramasa, Toukiden 2, P4 Golden, Tales of Hearts R, Ys, Child of Light, Earth Defense Force 2, Rayman Legends and World of Final Fantasy. Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Now I just need to find some grips, the Vita slim just wants to fall right out of my hands.
You didn't go crazy, you did a wonderful thing. Kudos to you

Went a little crazy last night. Picked up Gravity Rush, Muramasa, Toukiden 2, P4 Golden, Tales of Hearts R, Ys, Child of Light, Earth Defense Force 2, Rayman Legends and World of Final Fantasy.
You did go a bit crazy. At the same time, that is a really good list of titles, and should tide you over for quite some time. It took me close to 100 hours to get through Persona 4: Golden alone.

Crazy is good. I too went crazy and got Jak & Daxter Collection, The Sly Collection, Tearaway, Killzone Mercenary, Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Curry God, and Tales of Hearts R for my Vita. Had it not been for my rookie mistake of assuming I could purchase former PS+ games that are on sale at the PS+ discounted price, I also would have added Gravity Rush, Uncharted Golden Abyss, and WipEout 2048. Looks like I am going to need another Vita memory card.

Oh... if we are talking about going crazy...  During the Gamestop B2G1 deal....

Grand Kingdom
Code Realize
Lumines
Steins Gate 
Steins Gate 0
Ultra Despair Girls 
Danganronpa 1 and 2
Disgea 3 and 4
Exist Archive
Final Fantasy X/X-2
Psycho-Pass Mandatory (No clue about this one...)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Tokyo Twilight Hunters
Y's
Fifa
Legend of Heroes 1 and 2.

Yea...  A bit over the top...  

Oh... if we are talking about going crazy... During the Gamestop B2G1 deal....

Snip

Yea... A bit over the top...
Haha, if it makes you feel better I also went nuts during the deal.

I picked up:
Trillion: GoD (cart only)
Ys: Celestia (cart only)
Tearaway (cart only)
LittleBigPlanet (complete)
Final Fantasy X/X-2 (Gamestop case)
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (complete)
Street Fighter x Tekken (complete, with unredeemed DLC)
Sly Cooper Collection (complete)
Super Monkey Ball (complete)
Wipeout 2048 (complete)
BlazBlue: Continum Shift Ex (complete)
Conception II (complete)

Also with remaining credit bought new:

Legend of Heroes: ToCS Lionheart
Legend of Heroes: ToCS II

^ P.S. That's the pro-tip, and not a joke. The humidity makes the dust too heavy to float around (or something).
Also ionized air works well too.

I was shocked to walk into my GS and they had one copy of Toukiden 2 still sealed.
A factory sealed game... at a GameStop!?

inconceivable.jpg

I picked up: 

Michael Jackson: The Experience
Putty Squad

Stranger of Sword City

MJ label is a little rough up but dont really care this and Putty Squad are hard to find. 

I only picked up The Jak and Daxter Collection, Disgaea 4 (which I won't keep) and Hyrule Warriors on WiiU (which obviously isn't a Vita game). The only other Vita game my local Gamestops had that I would want is the God of War Collection. But the store with the original case had no other games I wanted/already had, and the store that did have the Vita games I picked up, didn't have the original case.

On a positive note, one manager confirmed that as long as the Vita interest/games sold stays above whatever threshold Gamestop uses, they'll keep stocking new and used Vita games. So far, all in my area are remaining above that threshold. Hopefully that'll continue until the next B2G1.

Regarding Toukiden 2, I know that the Vita version is still available in several places cheap, but the PS4 version seems to be drying up. GS has it for $29.99, but it seems to be higher priced just about everywhere else. I was able to get a sealed PS4 copy at a local GS, but many stores just have a gutted copy. Might be a good time to pick up a PS4 copy if you want one.

Just saw Toukiden 2 for $19.99 on amazon from the CAG twitter, same as GS. Bestbuy is still $23.99
Amazon matched GS, as soon as the GS sale on the game ends, it'll go back up. Get it now while you can at a good price. Pick up the PS4 version from GS too if you're interested, it's much higher everywhere else.

Amazon matched GS, as soon as the GS sale on the game ends, it'll go back up. Get it now while you can at a good price. Pick up the PS4 version from GS too if you're interested, it's much higher everywhere else.
That's reminds me of another question I keep forgetting to ask. Do native Vita games look better or do PS4 games look better on remote play?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

As a non–MH fan Toukiden Kiwami was only semi enjoyable to me. I "beat" it solo, then found out the story and enemies rehash as the "second part of the story" after the "you saved the world" cut scene". At this point I was already about 30 to 40 hours in, and the game was not giving me enough motivation go on. For this reason I don't intend to continue with Toukiden 2. You guys seem to be pretty enthuastic about Toukiden 2, a little curious as to how you coped with the length of Toukiden, do you keep it interesting by doing mp, which I never did?

ya multiplayer made it fun to continue onward. also the story in the kiwami part was way better than the original base part.
also switching up gear/weapons.
I also always play multiple games at once.

Toukiden 2 for Vita has sold out at Best Buy, not available directly from Amazon (so not $20 anymore), still available from GS for $19.99 (but disappearing from stores). The PS4 version is still available for $29.99 from GS and Amazon, but more expensive everywhere else.

Surprise surprise! The round one allotments for both the Vita and PS4 versions of Bard's Gold sold out in just fifteen minutes! :shock:

As a non–MH fan Toukiden Kiwami was only semi enjoyable to me. I "beat" it solo, then found out the story and enemies rehash as the "second part of the story" after the "you saved the world" cut scene". At this point I was already about 30 to 40 hours in, and the game was not giving me enough motivation go on. For this reason I don't intend to continue with Toukiden 2. You guys seem to be pretty enthuastic about Toukiden 2, a little curious as to how you coped with the length of Toukiden, do you keep it interesting by doing mp, which I never did?
I haven't played Kiwami, and I'm not a Monster Hunter fan either. I've tried multiple entries and can't get into them. But I don't look at Toukiden 2 as a Monster Hunter-style game either. I just look at it as an action-RPG. The main story took me around 15 hours to complete if I remember correctly, but there's a lot to do outside of the story missions too.

[attachment=27158:Vita_bundle1.jpg]I bought some Vita games from the GameStop b2g1 free and here's most of the games. All of them were from one store in Texas. Nice to have gotten the games but who would throw out the game case and cover art since they don't even take that much space. Seemed like I crapped out. If anyone is wondering if getting online Vita games is good to order from GameStop to get the case with art cover, be ready for them to arrive like this. I might have to do some more ordering until I get the case with art cover. 

attachicon.gif
Vita_bundle1.jpgI bought some Vita games from the GameStop b2g1 free and here's most of the games. All of them were from one store in Texas. Nice to have gotten the games but who would throw out the game case and cover art since they don't even take that much space. Seemed like I crapped out. If anyone is wondering if getting online Vita games is good to order from GameStop to get the case with art cover, be ready for them to arrive like this. I might have to do some more ordering until I get the case with art cover.
I concur with this. I got my order, 4 out of the 6 games were in the crappy GameStop cover and case. Shantae and Ys which actually came with artwork and cases but Ys the case is split in half. So 1 out of 6, so don't expect much. Hopefully the other 3 games come with artwork and cases but I'm not holding my breath.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

When ordering so called "new" games from GS, they may show up opened, so when buying used from them, it's a HUGE YMMV.

I've seen some pretty good hauls around here from these offers over the years, but those are for sure the exceptions, and not the rule. As more often than not, most used games at retail are missing the sleeves and proper cases.

I live in Vegas, and compared to bigger cities, we may have more GS locations per person, than anywhere in the country. So when I used to run errands around town, I would pull up the Vita titles I needed, and would check store inventory so I could stop by stores and see what they had. I would say for every 10 games I checked, maybe 1 was complete. So for these online offerings, I just never even bother, as I know my luck just isn't that great.

ya multiplayer made it fun to continue onward. also the story in the kiwami part was way better than the original base part.
also switching up gear/weapons.
I also always play multiple games at once.
I didn't even realize the "after story" is what Kiwami added in. No wonder it felt like I beat the game and fully concluded the story, but the game somehow kept going. I have a habit of playing one Vita game at a time to make sure I beat it, and without mp, I really couldn't get any further. At least I can now be relieved that I beat the non-Kiwami part.

I haven't played Kiwami, and I'm not a Monster Hunter fan either. I've tried multiple entries and can't get into them. But I don't look at Toukiden 2 as a Monster Hunter-style game either. I just look at it as an action-RPG. The main story took me around 15 hours to complete if I remember correctly, but there's a lot to do outside of the story missions too.
15 hours is very reasonable, Kiwami is a lot longer than that. I personally prefer games that I know I am "leveling up" one way or another with each battle. MH type games doesn't have that, in order to upgrade one piece of armor it might take several rounds of farming. Some people like this style of game, I am somewhat indifferent. With GE and GE2 in my backlog, I will skip Toukiden 2 this time. Will try it if it becomes dirt cheap on PSN or Plus.

I also went crazy with the GS B2G1. My list;

Toukiden Kiwami

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters complete

Assassins Creed Liberation

Madden 13

World of Final Fantasy complete

Lost Dimension

Sorcery Sage Curse of the Great Curry God

Sword Art Online Lost Song complete

Shantae  complete

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus complete

Street fighter Vs Tekken

Muramasa Rebirth

Rayman Legends

Deception IV Blood Ties

Danganropa Trigger Happy Havoc  complete

Danganropa Goodbye Despair  complete

Dead or Alive 5

Sonic all stars Racing complete

Final Fantasy X/X-2  complete

Amazing Spiderman  complete

Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold steel  complete

Whether I keep them all is another story. I also want to hunt down the box art for some of these too.

[attachment=27160:IMG_20170707_212442.jpg][attachment=27161:IMG_20170707_212455.jpg]

I don't know the word I'm looking for.. Overboard? Lol, my wife isn't my biggest fan at the moment.

The LE's I got in a trade with a friend. Have a few more games on order from GameStop. Solid start to the collection.

bread's done
Back