PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Fangamer had no problems (that I'm aware of) with the Shovel Knight and Undertale pre-order format.
For the NS, and it's user base, getting more exact numbers for production is probably best. If LRG think they still have issues with the PS4/Vita fans, just wait until the "N" crowd comes at em when stuff sells out quick. LOL

Sad news about the Vita.  Hopefully it's just the end of PS+ for the system and not the end of the Vita store and cartridge production.

In my opinion, the offerings for Vita haven't been the best for some time. I am amazed the PS3 offerings stuck around so long. The good news is, according to the article I read, all the other PS+ benefits for Vita games will remain. There just won't be free games after March 2019.

Hopefully it's just the end of PS+ for the system and not the end of the Vita store and cartridge production.
This is what concerns me. I doubt that the Vita on-line store and support will go away. They're still selling PSP games on PSN, after all. It's likely that you will be able to continue buying digital Vita games indefinitely.

What is worrying is the thought of the overall system support getting shut down, as well as the cartridge production. Distributors like LRG have done very well with low-print Vita runs. And indie developers in general have done well by the Vita, providing it with additional content long after the bigger developers and publishers packed it in and left. Seeing cartridge production pulled would be terrible, and would essentially be Sony conceding the handheld market to Nintendo entirely.

The whole situation could be somewhat mollified by...

1. A Vita-successor portable Sony system.

2. Adding digital Vita game support to the PS4.

The second option is actually the more likely. The PS4, in both its iterations, has more than enough processing muscle to handle running PS Vita games. Adding support in the PS4s firmware for playing Vita games digitally would help to preserve that library, as well as provide future legacy sales of those digital games. (much like what has been done for the PS1 and PSP) While such a move would be an admission of defeat in the handheld space, it would also be a relatively inexpensive olive branch to long-term Vita fans.

The first option is much more risky, and less likely. At the same time, Sony is riding high on the continued success of the PS4. If they took a similar strategy to a new handheld that they took when approaching the design of the PS4, I would actually give them fairly decent odds of making inroads against the Nintendo Switch.

Got bored, and wondered what would happen if I replaced my carpet with Vita games.

Noo2s51.jpg

WrNC5pB.jpg

YjxGX7h.jpg

xdeD8jw.jpg

rQ0fQxk.jpg

hxQbIVU.jpg

bTUbGdv.jpg

Looks pretty good, but I ran out of tiles in the second room. :*(

Good lord, you have a metric butt ton of anime figs as well. I can't even imagine how much money you must have rolled into them. You are truly an Otaku of world class proportions!

Good lord, you have a metric butt ton of anime figs as well. I can't even imagine how much money you must have rolled into them. You are truly an Otaku of world class proportions!
I'm sure his girlfriend must be happy about all the games [emoji41]

Got bored, and wondered what would happen if I replaced my carpet with Vita games.
So alphabetically sorted so when you pick them all up, you can easily slap them back on the shelf?

Ideas for when you are next bored... arrange your collection by the little PCSA numbers on the spine of your games. the 5 digits are all first party published, and the 7 digit ones are third party games.

What is your longest running chain of number games? (Keep in mind that the numbers are placed in order of registration, not by release date (I think?). (which would make another interesting way to arrange your games by release date.))

Arrange your games by spine color. (this is what I do.) start with White, Grey, then move into pink, red, yellow...all the colors between... purple, violet, and then into Black. (Or expert mode color code them warm to cool)

I started to count and gave up. 400+ would be my guess. Best part of all of this is not a single crappy generic gamestop case. I have a complete set of North American games (not counting games with different versions i.e. LTD and regular editions) and this puts my collection to shame.

So sites like Play-Asia really confuse me.  Anyone know of any games included in this sale that are not available physically in the US and have English subs?  

Way to represent with the Dr. Slump! I have the complete set of Dr. Slump, DB & DBZ. That's the vast majority of all of my manga.

So sites like Play-Asia really confuse me. Anyone know of any games included in this sale that are not available physically in the US and have English subs?
I think Airship Q does, but when I checked, I couldn't confirm the version they are offering is the one that has the English language patch. I thought the patch was for all versions, but I can't tell on their site.

I had never ordered from Play Asia before. But that Vita deal had some options, so I went ahead and bit. Got Hyperdimension 1 and 3, as well as Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus. All are titles that are a bit harder to find, and all are playable in English in one form or another. (subtitles for Senran Kagura) Good stuff.

Expensive, poor quality shipping. 20 Euros for something that may or may not arrive looking like it was hit with a sledge hammer.
I will say that the shipping cost is still an issue, but they have started using boxes for their exclusive CEs and I haven't had damage in a while.

I will say that the shipping cost is still an issue, but they have started using boxes for their exclusive CEs and I haven't had damage in a while.
I honestly never had a HUGE issue with the more expensive cost, as I know first hand, how costly international shipping is. But when you pay that high rate, for ass end shipping, Rice was out of their fuck ing minds with that one. Once I saw early on how poorly they handled overseas shipments, I swore them off.

So while I guess I may return at some point, it's very doubtful at this point. I only ever want the art books from their CE(when offered), and VGA often offers the standard version of those games with the bonus art book free. So for me, it's been cheaper and less headaches shopping there. This is what happens when companies take customers for granted. I found a better alternative and never looked back. So even if things are improved, I'll probably never take the gamble to find out.

Muv Luv ended up being around $114USD after shipping from Rice. And here, I thought LRG had high shipping costs...
I took the plunge too. I've never ordered from Rice before and i've heard horror stories about their shipping, but as someone that really wants the Muv Luv games (and missed the Kickstarter) I figured i'd risk it. Fingers crossed I don't end up with a $114 destroyed package. If it wasn't a Rice exclusive I would never have pulled the trigger.

I took the plunge too. I've never ordered from Rice before and i've heard horror stories about their shipping, but as someone that really wants the Muv Luv games (and missed the Kickstarter) I figured i'd risk it. Fingers crossed I don't end up with a $114 destroyed package. If it wasn't a Rice exclusive I would never have pulled the trigger.
For all the shitty shipping I always got, their CS wasn't the worst(but far from the best). They'll send a replacement, so long as they have extra. If an item is out of stock, your SOL!

The Muv Luv CE from Rice sucks. lol. 100+ dollars for some art cards and a case?

Glad the Kickstarter CE is a whole lot better
For a CE it's shit, especially compared to the Kickstarter CE. The way i looked at it is i'm getting the 2 games i wanted bundled together for cheaper than it would cost for me to buy each of the standard versions separately and they are throwing in a little bonus on top (the cards/box).

So I’m guessing Kickstarter backers are getting an exclusive artwork cover? If I remember correctly they posted what the artwork would be months ago and I’m pretty sure they were different from these.

I do really like that Alterantive cover though. Looks sweet with the mech in the background.

The Kickstarter CE is going to be worth about $400-500 at this point. But that also depends on how many are made.
Actual Backer Number is 734 for the Vita CE. Maybe around 1000 or so if we take Paypal Donors and Backerkit Requests into account? Could be a bit more than that too

bread's done
Back