PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope I get mine. I decided to split my PS4/Vita combo up so I could get the PS4 ver first. 

Tracking my orders on LRG doesn't help Tracking was for the PS4 copy

I know I’m way late to the party, but what’s the best deal on a PS TV? I am playing persona 5 and now I have to play Persona 4 Golden so I need a ps tv. Thanks!

I know I’m way late to the party, but what’s the best deal on a PS TV? I am playing persona 5 and now I have to play Persona 4 Golden so I need a ps tv. Thanks!
Maybe GS used if you can't find one at Toys r us. They are roughly $30.

Finally! Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception (Vita) is dropped down $19.20 both walmart & Amazon. Get it while you can get the LE version ;)
Is it guaranteed to be the LE for both Truth and Deception if you order from Amazon? Might get both games now that they're $20ish

I know I’m way late to the party, but what’s the best deal on a PS TV?
Whooof, you ARE late to the party. The sweet-spot for hitting up the PSTV was when Wal-Mart was ditching them to the tune of $20 for the core package and $30 for the controller + digital games bundle. At that price it was worth it just for the value of the DualShock 3 that came with it. These days, your only real option is to find one used. GameStop is the obvious retail option, but eBay would also be a pretty good choice. Thankfully, the demand for these things hasn't suddenly skyrocketed, so you should be able to find one for considerably less than you would have to pay for a full Vita. Somewhere between $20 - $30 should be reasonable.

The real challenge will be finding a memory card for it. Sizable Vita memory cards are not easy to come by, and prohibitively expensive. Thankfully, smaller Vita cards will work fine if you are primarily playing off of cartridges. And most digital Vita games aren't that large anyway. I recommend trying to find a 16 Gig card. You should be able to find one of that size for a reasonable price, and it will be able to handle any individual digital Vita game you throw at it.

Vita cart production DOES need to shut down. It's nothing but exploit fodder now for companies preying on collectors who have been perpetually 1 more release away from being finished repeatedly for the last couple years, and encourages double and triple dipping releases.  Needs to go away now that Switch is full tilt.

Vita cart production DOES need to shut down. It's nothing but exploit fodder now for companies preying on collectors who have been perpetually 1 more release away from being finished repeatedly for the last couple years, and encourages double and triple dipping releases. Needs to go away now that Switch is full tilt.
Please take your selfish mentally ill garbage elsewhere. Many of us here in this thread actually play our games. Your problems are something that you need to deal with and you need to stop projecting your OCD on everyone else who doesn't have the same terrible issues you do.

Check brickseek you might get lucky. I was. Traveling for work last week and went in to a wallyworld for snacks and saw three of them so they are still out there.

Vita: Sony tries its best to kill me, people hate me so much they literally pray for games to stop being released on me and expresses such hatred by going into dedicated forum threads about me. Yet I'm still here, biatches.

Yeah, I'm thinking eBay is going to be your best bet. Thankfully, the demand for the PS TV hasn't ever turned around, so it should still be possible to get one in the sub-$50 range. It had relatively low production numbers compared to a lot of other systems, but the demand was just never there for the original prices they were trying to shift it at. It will probably still be a year or two before we start to see the second-hand market for it begin to turn around and demand for it rises. It will happen. It pretty much always happens. But for the time being we're pretty much bottomed out on the PS TV, so now is the best time to jump in.

I sold my codes for my steam copies to help offset the costs of the KS set.

Pretty much got half of the value back, so still totally worth it to me. ^___^

Glad to see that the KS set will still be far superior though. :D

Where is the best place to get a new copy of Final Fantasy X/X-2?  I noticed Amazon has them for about $23 shipped - can anyone beat that?  Just remembered I don't have it in my collection because every time I tried to get it at the Square Enix store on sale it was sold out at $10.

Actual Backer Number is 734 for the Vita CE. Maybe around 1000 or so if we take Paypal Donors and Backerkit Requests into account? Could be a bit more than that too
If you go back a year or so in this topic I did discuss this. I'm not keen to go hunting it down right now, but I did a break down analysis of the hard data that had been disclosed and determined that fewer than 1,000 copies

So I'm now going to quote myself on data I compiled and originally posted in this very topic waaaay back in November 2016 after BackerKit had closed for Muv Luv. And please note that Degica sold out Muv Luv to IXTL since originally posted.:

8,495 Backers! That's the official number from Degica, the game publisher.
The KickStarter campaign raised $1,255,444, with an original target goal of
only $250,000. (7/17/2016)

MuvLuv English Official Campaign Statistics:
7,890 - Number of backers who pledged during campaign.
605 - Number of backers who pledged during BackerKit.
-------
8,495 - Total Backers (official number from Degica)

Vita Muv Luv KickStarter Campaign Figures:
526 - $ 80.00 - Muv-Luv Trilogy PS Vita Physical Bundle
734 - $150.00 - Muv-Luv Trilogy Collector's Box - PS Vita Edition
-------
1,260 - Total confirmed Vita version copies pledged for.

1,916 - Total number of backers at the $200 & up tiers where the physical version (PC or Vita) desired was disclosed privately between Degica and backers. If we subtract this group from the 7,890 campaign backers we get 5,974 backers. If we view the number of confirmed Vita backers as a percentage of the known backer status group of campaign backers we find that the Vita backers, rounded down to the nearest whol number, made up 21% of the known versions backer group. Stick with me here, the math is pretty solid.

So if a full 21% of the 5,974 known version type campaign backers, those being people who pledged for a $150 or less tier, pledged for the Vita version we will assume the 1:5 (21%) ratio of backers who opted for a physical Vita copy applies to both the $200 & up tier backers and the BackerKit campaign backers. So, lowering my estimate from the 21% of known in the known category down to a reasonable 20% for the two unknown backer fields nets us the following figures.

Muv Love Vita Estimated Backer Figures:
383 - (estimated) $200 & Up Vita Campaign Pledge Backers
121 - (estimated) Vita BackerKit Backers
-----
504 - (estimated) Additional Vita copies pledged for.

1,260 (known) + 504 (estimated) = 1,764 Physical Vita version copies of the game pledged for.

This puts Degica over the 1,500 minimum Vita game cart production order required by Sony. And puts me in the position of reasonably asserting that they likely will round out the physical production to an even 2,000 copies. This will give them a 10% extra copy count, which should be more than enough to cover replacement of lost/stolen/damaged shipments and have a few copies left to offer up as contest prizes or to sell at conventions next year.

And mind that the Muv Luv Trilogy will be on two game cartridges just like the Japanese retail version. So each copy of the game trilogy is two game carts.
So if we're discussing how many Collector's Edition copies of the KickStarter edition will potentially be made, we have these figures to work with from the above.

734 (confirmed)

383 (estimated)

-------

1,117 Total Collector's Editions estimated pledged for.

1,117 (Estimated CEs pledged for)

111 (10% extra replacement copes)

-------

1,228 (Calculated number of CEs needed)

22 (because box makers take orders in incremental unit quantities)

-------

1,250 (Tweeg's estimate for total number of KS CEs that will be produced.)

Suffice to say that it is not unreasonable to presume that as many as 1,250 copies of the KickStarter Backer CE boxes could be produced considering a estimated additional 10% will be produced to use as replacements for lost and/or damaged shipments, and the box manufacturer requires rounded order quantities in specific unit increments. But that's the number of KS CE "boxes" (aka art boxes) not complete pledged for CEs. Our only real number for pledged for CEs is 734, with a conservative estimate of 383 possible additional pledged for, but that actual number could be way lower or way higher, we just don't know.

Will Rice Digital offer the standard physical editions of Muv-Luv on Amazon?
At present moment the answer is a resounding "no". Rice Digital is only showing R2 (Europe) standard editions of the games as being offered which implies no standard editions for R1. This could change, but the statements PQube/Rice Digital have been making imply that the game developer "IXTL" has set a rather low production cap limit on how many copies of the game will be manufactured and makes R1, non-box set, copies highly unlikely.

https://twitter.com/RiceDigital/status/969227864376832000

And this happened yesterday too.:

https://twitter.com/FallenLegionPS/status/969261523452375040

Vita: Sony tries its best to kill me, people hate me so much they literally pray for games to stop being released on me and expresses such hatred by going into dedicated forum threads about me. Yet I'm still here, biatches.
Just got the email from Sony, next round to kill the Vita off.

PlayStation®3 (PS3™) or PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) titles will be included in the PlayStation®Plus Monthly Games allocation until March 8, 2019.

After March 8, 2019, the Monthly Games provided to PlayStation Plus members will no longer include PS3 or PS Vita titles. Any PS3 or PS Vita Monthly Games downloaded or previously added to your Download List will remain playable for as long as you remain a PlayStation Plus member.

Beyond March 8, 2019, Monthly Games will only include PlayStation®4 (PS4™) titles. All other features and benefits of the PlayStation Plus service will remain unaffected.

What this means for you
As a PlayStation Plus member, you will continue to receive Monthly Games for PS4, PS3 and PS Vita for every month of your membership until March 8, 2019.

After March 8, 2019, PS3 and PS Vita titles will no longer be included in your Monthly Games allocation.

Any PS3 or PS Vita Monthly Games downloaded or previously added to your Download List will remain playable for as long as you remain a PlayStation Plus member.

wait. .. so fallen legion is a different game on ps4 & vita so why are the art covers exactly the same ?

or is it like Tearaway where the vita has vita features & the ps4 version has ps4 specific features but generally the same story. [ps4 did have extra levels/ending thou]

So is this fallen Legion like Pokemon's dual releases? Where both base games are the same, but you have slight differences across the two games, but no real reason to have both? So long as the Vita version is it's own complete title, I could care less to have the other one unless there's a HUGE difference between the two?

I sold my codes for my steam copies to help offset the costs of the KS set.

Pretty much got half of the value back, so still totally worth it to me. ^___^

Glad to see that the KS set will still be far superior though. :D
Where did you sell them? I'd rather do that, since I'm only going to play my vita copies.

So is this fallen Legion like Pokemon's dual releases? Where both base games are the same, but you have slight differences across the two games, but no real reason to have both? So long as the Vita version is it's own complete title, I could care less to have the other one unless there's a HUGE difference between the two?
Supposedly you don't get the full story unless you play both because the protagonists of each are on opposing sides in the main conflict.

Supposedly you don't get the full story unless you play both because the protagonists of each are on opposing sides in the main conflict.
Ah, that seems cool I guess from a marketing standpoint, but seems the cash grab on the back end, sadly.

So pretty much like Bioshock or Knights of the Old Republic where you could be good or bad within the same game. Why the need for two different games to do what has been done for awhile now in gaming? I guess if someone finishes the game, and if it's that captivating, they may opt to see the other side of the story.

For me, any games like this, I just pick one side or the other, and then watch Youtube vids of the alternate side once done. I have personally never played a game that great, where I felt compelled to play again, from the other side. But for those who do, I guess this is geared for them. I'll be happy with the one copy.

The Fallen Legion stuff is two completely different stories with unique locations between them.  They are separate games.  If you want the full story you'll either need to buy the ps4&vita games (Guessing about $55-$65 depending on where LRG prices these), the steam release which combines both games, or wait for the Switch release which will combine both games and also include some new content that currently isn't in either of the individual games or the Steam compilation.  I don't think this is as simple as what Pokemon does.

As for wanting Sony to shut Vita cart production down, hell no.  I have no problem with people publishing tons of crap/unwanted titles on the Vita as long as I still get the occasional gem of a game.   The only people being exploited are the diehard collectors and they should know by now that collecting is an endurance sport, not a sprint.  If you can't keep up, give up.

On a serious note, I just watched the latest Spawnwave Newswave on youtube and it pointed out that NIS America had a serious data breach between the end of Jan and pretty much all of Feb.  So if you ordered anything during that time and especially if you paid with a credit card, it would be smart to go ahead and plan on replacing the card.  They recommend changing you password on their stores as well (including snkonlinestore.com & store.nisamerica.com).  I'm pretty sure the affected people were emailed.

As for wanting Sony to shut Vita cart production down, hell no. I have no problem with people publishing tons of crap/unwanted titles on the Vita as long as I still get the occasional gem of a game. The only people being exploited are the diehard collectors and they should know by now that collecting is an endurance sport, not a sprint. If you can't keep up, give up.
So very fuck ing true^

https://twitter.com/RiceDigital/status/969227864376832000

And this happened yesterday too.:

https://twitter.com/FallenLegionPS/status/969261523452375040
I am slightly disappointed by the pricing on Fallen Legion at $29.99.

I did the digital pre-order special because you received both versions of the game (PS4 and VITA) for $19.99.

I have not played them yet but I have them installed, updated and ready to go.
This is one I was really looking forward to getting on Vita since it is a larger game and taking up a lot of memory card space 1.2GB This is another tough decision.

I am also in the majority that doesn't care if they keep printing games, exploitatively. I just want to play the damn things. You keep making good games and I'll keep buying them. I love my Vitas, but the Switch is starting to encroach on that love because it IS getting good games. My Vita love won't fade for a WHILE because I have a little bit of a backlog on it.... So I am good... for now.

On a serious note, I just watched the latest Spawnwave Newswave on youtube and it pointed out that NIS America had a serious data breach between the end of Jan and pretty much all of Feb. So if you ordered anything during that time and especially if you paid with a credit card, it would be smart to go ahead and plan on replacing the card. They recommend changing you password on their stores as well (including snkonlinestore.com & store.nisamerica.com). I'm pretty sure the affected people were emailed.
I had to rush over to my email and see, yes, I had been effected. However the good news in my situation is that the card I used expired in Feb, so the only action I needed to take was confirm that my bank account was still good and change my password. Due to other various hacks people have had my information for a while sadly. Last year someone used it for free cable and internet 6 states away, and for some reason Warner Cable let them rack up a whole year of service before billing me. (Had to file a police report.) I did check and see that several people had been compromised and had there credit cards hijacked from this hack, and I'm glad my card expired when it did.

As for wanting Sony to shut Vita cart production down, hell no. I have no problem with people publishing tons of crap/unwanted titles on the Vita as long as I still get the occasional gem of a game. The only people being exploited are the diehard collectors and they should know by now that collecting is an endurance sport, not a sprint. If you can't keep up, give up.
I think that if Sony is still making money, then they will keep letting games be produced. (I'm guessing that they might have over stocked on blank game cartridges when in anticipation for the 2nd market year boom that never came.) I am happy that physical games are still being made.

My problem is Sony has abandoned the system otherwise. We are still overpaying for memory cards, they never dropped in price like the Pro Duo. And the memory cards are failing left and right. (my Vita 2000 card started to fail 3 weeks ago and now my PSTV memory card is showing signs of problems.) The Vita browser is getting left behind, as the web is moving on with out it. (I have spent a lot of time using the web browser, and now there are a few sites that I can no longer visit due to one reason or the other.)

So the cost of maintaining a working Vita memory card to play the games that are still coming out is what has temporarily killed my Vita purchasing spree. (that and I was forced to quit my very part time job because of my growing disability, but sunny side, more time for games. bye bye savings.) It also helps that I own a PS4, But I really wanted to finish playing several of my vita games. (from the save data where I left off, that was corrupted.)

We are still overpaying for memory cards, they never dropped in price like the Pro Duo. And the memory cards are failing left and right. (my Vita 2000 card started to fail 3 weeks ago and now my PSTV memory card is showing signs of problems.)
Man that sucks your memory cards have crapped out like that. My 64gb card in my Vita (2000) got corrupted once and I ended up just formatting it and downloaded the games (and saves from the cloud since I'm on PS+) that I wanted since rebuilding the database and other tricks still didn't recover everything. It was sort of a blessing in disguise as I had too much stuff installed. My PSTV is my oldest vita, and it has been going on the same bundled 8gb card since I got it... three(?) years ago. I leave my Vita on all the time (in sleep mode) and my PSTV sits on my desk at work also always in standby. I never take out the memory cards.

I think the first sign of problems, it's time to make sure your saves are backed up and to go ahead and just format the card.

"The only people being exploited are the diehard collectors and they should know by now that collecting is an endurance sport, not a sprint.  If you can't keep up, give up."

I wouldn't go as far as saying people are being exploited, though I guess it can feel like that as a collector sometimes. People can make their own personal decision whether they want to continue collecting or not.

I had a 100% complete Vita collection up through the point where Limited Run Games were only just starting to come out. I purchased the first couple LRG releases, and shortly after just called it quits after seeing the quality of games that were being released.  I started to assess my Vita games and realized how many games I purchased that I would never play (just to have a complete collection).  I shortly after sold off over 60% of my games and focus on collecting games I would want to play, not all of them.

I don't regret it at all.  The worth of Vita games at that point was extremely high and I ended up making more money on selling my games than I had spent over the years.  I held onto the games I wanted the most and have repurchased a few of the games that I previously sold, getting them for a fraction of the price I sold them for now that many of those games have dropped in price.  Most recently, I finally got rid of several of the collectors editions I was holding onto and made over $650 on four games.  I sold Ar NoSurge Plus alone for $300 (I originally paid $70), so my total sunk cost into Vita games is actually quite limited for the number of games I own (currently 70-80ish).

The idea behind Fallen Legion reminded me a lot of the PS2-era game Radiata Stories. (A more modern example would be Birthright/Conquest, I suppose) where playing both sides of a conflict let you see/understand things differently.

At my own personal risk, I will add that I plan on getting it for the Switch which will have both games bundled together.

I remember being really excited when LRG started, but I have yet to buy a single game from them.

Not Vita related, but someone challenged me to replace my floor with DS games, so here it is. :D

cyZe7R7.jpg

t7NzKkX.jpg

qe0EqtY.jpg

gaPklPo.jpg

Ooqr1sS.jpg

1y7JSnk.jpg

JweyLpB.jpg

sNX1tlb.jpg

5tU87JX.jpg

HGU6X8C.jpg

Apparently, I do have enough DS games to replace the floors in both rooms with DS games. ^___^

Definitely need more Vita games now to finish the job!

My God, Squarehard! That’s quite the collection you got there. I can only dream of reaching even half of what you have.

So can we assume that Squarehard probably has the largest collection out of anyone on the site?

It's real:

t3aXtWe.jpg

If we could get Muv-Luv soon too, I'd be elated. Been waiting quite a while for these releases. The Vita may be nearing end of life, but there are still some heavy-hitters coming through the pipeline.

My God, Squarehard! That’s quite the collection you got there. I can only dream of reaching even half of what you have.

So can we assume that Squarehard probably has the largest collection out of anyone on the site?
He's also cheating because I see some duplicates in there ;) Well, only really saw Spore but I'm sure there are others lol.

why do we all have to see your collections. at least spoiler that shit
I asked him to do that before but he ignored me. I'm sure he's only posting for bragging rights lol, so spoilering defeats the purpose. I agree though, should be spoilered. Don't make people scroll through tons of unspoilered pics if they don't want to see them.

bread's done
Back