PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory English Vita is 39.99 on Play Asia as well. I should pick this up right? It's probably the lowest it'll ever be.

It definitely went on sale a couple of times and was on Ebay at some points.
I don't how they handled Hacker's Memory. Personally, I really liked and beat the first entry on Vita. Really enjoyed the turn based type-counter gameplay. Then I imported Next Order (Vita of course) without much research since it was rather cheap at the time. When I played it, the turn based combat is gone, which I can deal with more or less; but then each Digimon expires after set time, and considering I generally dislike roguelike games/elements, I gave up after the first chapter.

Yeah yeah I know. I get carried away when buying Vita games. Wasn't too familiar with Digimon series to begin with. If I did any amount of reading before buying it, I would have not bought it. But I was on the import site and just went into "add to cart" clicking frenzy since everything is one flat shipment "rate".

This time I'm going to limit myself to Super Robot Wars V and maybe Valkyrie Revolution, since the latter does not have a physical release in the West. Already spent too much to buy my Godox.

I ordered Digimon Story Hackers Memory eng from PA last night. $40 seems like a decent enough price for an otherwise hard to find game. Plus I love the Digimon franchise so happy to add it to the collection

I ordered Digimon Story Hackers Memory eng from PA last night. $40 seems like a decent enough price for an otherwise hard to find game. Plus I love the Digimon franchise so happy to add it to the collection
Probably the lowest it'll ever be. But I just spent a lot of money recently. :T

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory English Vita is 39.99 on Play Asia as well. I should pick this up right? It's probably the lowest it'll ever be.

It definitely went on sale a couple of times and was on Ebay at some points.
I bought a copy in Asia last year but ended up selling it because I couldn't get it to run, so thought f it too many other games to play. Starting to think maybe that wasn't the smartest move ever.

I've had an easy (ish) time cancelling, but I have always requested them to swap it out so there would be no money from them owed to me instead of a straight cancel + credit. If you owe them money there is a section on the order to pay, but from the horror stories I've heard here on CAG, I've been cautious about cancels, so I didn't trust them to credit me properly. But I've had really good success with it this way.

It is most likely not that complicated if you paid with CC instead of paypal though. I'm pretty sure they don't charge right away with CC like they do with paypal. In that case, I bet you could just contact them, tell them you want to cancel and reorder. I've only ever used paypal with them though.

I'd try to do the same but my order for Rainbow Skies includes something sold out that I'm worried about losing. Since I put my order in close to the date it was supposed to ship back in March.
I paid through credit card and they actually charged it in full at the time of preorder (which they had never done before). Anyway I decided to keep it since both by themselves wouldn't be eligible for the promotion (which was confirmed by the PA CSR that responded to my email). The rep even offered to add any exclusives to my order for half off but I declined since I had all that I wanted already.

I've been messing around with the Play Asia sales and Rainbow Moon/Skies. The two promotions going on right now are free shipping on Exclusives, and B1G1 50% on exclusives. There are 2 versions of each of the games, a limited and a standard edition. 

It seems while all 4 of them are not included in the free shipping promotion, the standard editions are included in the half off promotion. And while the limited editions won't qualify for the 50% off, they will trigger the 50% off on another PA exclusive. So you can order a copy of each standard edition of the two rainbow games, or an LE+SE and the SE will qualify for the half off.

For about $130 I was able to get the Rainbow Moon LE PS4 +SE PSV and Rainbow Skies LE PS4 +SE PSV as two separate orders after shipping. (Also used the $3 coupon on each order) Swapping out the PSV LE for the PS4 LE shouldn't change the shipping price, but swapping out the PSV SE for the PS4 SE added about $2 to each order, so I went for the cheapest option.

Hope this helps some of you guys.

I bought Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory. Thanks to whomever it was that pointed out it was on sale. I've missed nearly every SEA/R3 exclusive, including the first Cyber Sleuth title, but at least I'll have this one.

It's finally happening! Mark your calendars! Set your Rolodex's! Prepare to call out sick if need be! :shock:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/995048626127888384

Now to wait and see what the CE look like? Damn, I better get my stacks up quick, this month may be my worst LRG one yet, and my wallet aint close to being prepared. LOL

According to the Kickstarter Update, Backers won't receive their stuff until August
Not sure if its been clarified or discussed yet, but I assume US Kickstarter backers will be receiving R1 ESRB-rated versions of the games? I noticed the games in the pics are the EU ones with those giant ratings on the covers.

Not sure if its been clarified or discussed yet, but I assume US Kickstarter backers will be receiving R1 ESRB-rated versions of the games? I noticed the games in the pics are the EU ones with those giant ratings on the covers.
There are two lines of speculation at present moment, as PQube has confirmed there will also be ESRB packaging. So either there will be both R1 and R2 cover variants, or the games will have R1/R2 reversible covers. Either way, PQube hasn't confirmed this specific detail for us yet.

On the subject of kickstarters, idk if this happened to anyone else, but I just checked the Backerkit email that was sent out recently for Bloodstained and found out that my physical was changed from NA Vita to NA PS4.

Do yourself a favor and double check your backerkit if you pledged for Bloodstained! Deadline to change survey is this Monday, the 14th.

Not sure if I missed it or not, but did LRG announce what their Switch #4 release is? I see their Saturday Morning RPG is #5, but so far I've only seen the first 3. 

Limited print runs, not limited number of releases.
This should be added to the first post, in big bold letters, as I don't know where the notion of a limited amount of releases was ever promoted. Of course we have the "less" releases mantra, which is true or false depending, but out of the gate, a limited amount of titles was never even a thought.

Ugh, for a long time I told myself I would get Cosmic Star Heroine, but I'm burned out on LRG. Now that it's finally coming I'm wondering if it will be worthwhile to add or not.

#Vitaworldproblems

Ugh, for a long time I told myself I would get Cosmic Star Heroine, but I'm burned out on LRG. Now that it's finally coming I'm wondering if it will be worthwhile to add or not.
Well, look at it this way.........If you don't get it, all the pain, heartache and suffering of dealing with LRG this whole time would have been for not. I say get, and then retire from LRG, and go out on top.

I am in for Cosmic Star Heroine. I have skipped many of the releases as of late and not buying everything has made it way easier in deciding which games I want. Also, my pocketbook likes me more this way.

I am in for Cosmic Star Heroine. I have skipped many of the releases as of late and not buying everything has made it way easier in deciding which games I want. Also, my pocketbook likes me more this way.
This is what a lot of whiners just don't get.. if one doesn't like how many releases LRG is doing, then just don't buy them. That's how you communicate with any company, it's the only language they understand. Despite all the complaining LRG are still for the most part selling everything they put up. The people's wallets have spoken and the multitude of angry posts mean nothing in the face of that. Sales figures are the only truth in business.

And why should they do any different? When LRG was the only game in town they could afford to take the personalized route of listening to our concerns, patting us on the head and telling us everything will be alright. Now they have competition and if they don't take our money in order to appease the cry babies, the competition will.

Dude LRG is established and their print runs are low enough where they don't need the majority of their base to buy everything. Good luck voting with your wallet on 3k print runs. The only way you are going to actually change anything is by whining. Why do you think they did a preorder model for Ys Origins? Because all of their previous games sold out?

Dude LRG is established and their print runs are low enough where they don't need the majority of their base to buy everything. Good luck voting with your wallet on 3k print runs. The only way you are going to actually change anything is by whining. Why do you think they did a preorder model for Ys Origins? Because all of their previous games sold out?
But that's my point, if those 3k runs are selling out, then what incentive does LRG have to 'slow down' releases? Clearly there are vastly more people that aren't bothered enough by the amount of releases.

I don't mean to whine about LRG themselves. I love them as a company and how they physically print games that would otherwise remain digital. I'm whining simply for my own sanity/pocket book. Christlaustin has the most logical approach though. I will attempt to pick it up but won't be too bummed if it sells out.

But that's my point, if those 3k runs are selling out, then what incentive does LRG have to 'slow down' releases? Clearly there are vastly more people that aren't bothered enough by the amount of releases.
Yeah, this is why I personally never saw the so called bubble bursting mentality, as LRG has kept pretty low qty's, that still sell out. The PS4 user base is only getting bigger, but the same low qty's are being produced. So in 5-10 years, games will still hold there value, as there will more more fans, with no more games produced. Making what's left, still sought after.

The Vita is all but over, and even with some lower runs then the PS4, they still sell out just as fast, if not faster. The Vita crowd seems much more on the "collectors" side, but with that system being over, these last few titles will still be in demand as it's the only offerings left, outside of a few retail releases still coming.

As for the NS, this is where I could see an issue in the future, as they are selling tons more of games, that won't ship for months. There's just no way to tell where that market may go, but I really can't see them continuing to sell 7000-9000 games per title. Once all those surplus titles hit Ebay, then I could see the NS side come crumbling down. Once thousands of games go up, they might bring the overall value down, and fans will just wait for each title to reach close out pricing. Which in turn, will bring the NS titles down to smaller runs like the PS4. But of course, the NS just might have a rabid fan base, and those high qty's might be that systems norm, it's just to early to tell.

But yeah, I've never seen a reason to offer less titles, unless they aren't selling for some reason, and by being truly "limited", that was NEVER going to happen.

LRG is run by human. Human is GREED and GREEDY.  $10,000 is not enough, they wants $20,000 and $20,000 is not enough i wants $100,000 and keeps going.  When they minds set for $$$$$$$$ nothing going to STOP them.  Soon or later LRG will release 2-3 titles every weekly.  Did you see that CASH... FEEL GOOD RIGHT!  :)

LRG is run by human. Human is GREED and GREEDY. $10,000 is not enough, they wants $20,000 and $20,000 is not enough i wants $100,000 and keeps going. When they minds set for $$$$$$$$ nothing going to STOP them. Soon or later LRG will release 2-3 titles every weekly. Did you see that CASH... FEEL GOOD RIGHT! :)
well.. thats how all businesses do. everyones greedy when u start making money. its normal. even freelancers. start small and when ppl start paying u high, u ask for high for other ppl.

Yeah, this is why I personally never saw the so called bubble bursting mentality, as LRG has kept pretty low qty's, that still sell out. The PS4 user base is only getting bigger, but the same low qty's are being produced. So in 5-10 years, games will still hold there value, as there will more more fans, with no more games produced. Making what's left, still sought after.

The Vita is all but over, and even with some lower runs then the PS4, they still sell out just as fast, if not faster. The Vita crowd seems much more on the "collectors" side, but with that system being over, these last few titles will still be in demand as it's the only offerings left, outside of a few retail releases still coming.

As for the NS, this is where I could see an issue in the future, as they are selling tons more of games, that won't ship for months. There's just no way to tell where that market may go, but I really can't see them continuing to sell 7000-9000 games per title. Once all those surplus titles hit Ebay, then I could see the NS side come crumbling down. Once thousands of games go up, they might bring the overall value down, and fans will just wait for each title to reach close out pricing. Which in turn, will bring the NS titles down to smaller runs like the PS4. But of course, the NS just might have a rabid fan base, and those high qty's might be that systems norm, it's just to early to tell.

But yeah, I've never seen a reason to offer less titles, unless they aren't selling for some reason, and by being truly "limited", that was NEVER going to happen.
It will be interesting indeed to see what happens with the Switch releases in the long run. I for one really like the pre-order model offered so far and have placed an order for every one. But then there are probably some people that may be annoyed by this method as it can make titles less "rare".

LRG is run by human. Human is GREED and GREEDY. $10,000 is not enough, they wants $20,000 and $20,000 is not enough i wants $100,000 and keeps going. When they minds set for $$$$$$$$ nothing going to STOP them. Soon or later LRG will release 2-3 titles every weekly. Did you see that CASH... FEEL GOOD RIGHT! :)
Those damn humans. :???:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URXvnFnlUeE

My brain is all hurty now..

Have you fellows seen what Ys Origin is selling for on Ebay as of late? That's the least limited LRG Vita title released to date, as it had a full three day pre-order run in the same fashion as the NS titles are having now. Disturbingly that isn't even a LRG exclusive Vita title as Play-Asia sold the English version in Region 3 (SEA). Even so, that game is selling now for $25 and over when it was readily available less than a year ago!

If Nintendo's sales of the Switch continue on at even half the present rate I do believe we will see tremendous demand for these early LRG Switch titles despite their nearly 10k production runs. Yes, the bulk of the titles are selling to collector's I suspect, but there is still a new generation of collector's yet to come who will be seeking out Switch titles in the near future that they were unable to afford in this present time. Not going to claim that every LRG (or like publisher) limited release will turn out valuable beyond original MSRP when that time comes, but I do feel such titles will retain greater value than many of their pier releases because of their limited availability and rather specific original sales methodology.

It will be interesting indeed to see what happens with the Switch releases in the long run. I for one really like the pre-order model offered so far and have placed an order for every one. But then there are probably some people that may be annoyed by this method as it can make titles less "rare".
Yeah, the pre-orders never made much difference to me, as I was cool either way. It for sure seems the better choice so far, as I doubt LRG would have predicted numbers so high, if they would have just gone the "limited" route for these NS titles. So I'm happy to see theme selling more games than originally planned. Even if a few thousand of the copies are going to flippers, as LRG is still making a good profit, which in turn will allow for bigger and better titles down the road.

I'm always amazed the complaining crowd here is shocked by how these games continue to sell out, no matter what. As so many collectors want other collectors up in arms over tons of games, like anyone is gonna grow a pair and stop shopping at LRG? LOL Even if some did, I just don't see that having much effect, as I believe the majority of buyers at LRG are just normal consumers who want some physical titles.

Not really for collecting purposes, but to have a physical game on a "N" system where digital offering are normally ass. Out of all 3 major companies, I have the least faith that my games will be secure on the NS. So this could also be a major reason why NS titles are selling in such bigger numbers over PS4/Vita, as "N" fans are much more "physical" buyers, than others may be who have good digital services.

Yep, end of fiscal year, 2018. (which means March 2019) Vita cart production is finally shutting down in the US and Europe. They haven't confirmed whether or not Asian production will also shut down. But I would imagine that the Asian region won't be that far behind the others. I could see it hanging on for another year, maybe even two, but not much further. The Vita was reasonably popular in that region.

The end is in sight, and a finite cap is going to be placed on physical Vita releases. Any serious Vita collectors are finally going to get an end-point that they can refer to. Given how proprietary Vita carts are, it's very unlikely that anyone will produce more in the future. (the way that some repro carts get produced for older video game systems) End of an era.

Publishers only have until June 28th to register a product code so the deadline is actually coming up quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yNGnPpJYws

Publishers only have until June 28th to register a product code so the deadline is actually coming up quickly.
I noticed that, but I'm not 100% sure what that means. Does that mean that the game code has to be ready to go or just that it's registered for a UPC?

All of those japanese vita games we will never get to play. Damn. As a collector now is the time to really go out and get the stuff before it gets too expensive. It's such a shame too that it won't be able to live on like the Dreamcast because of the proprietary nature of the media it used. Sony really screwed this system from day one.

bread's done
Back