PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, they have 30 more games to announce for the Vita? I thought what they showed at e3 was it
No, that's just what they had time to show, or what they felt would have the best impact, or both. Some games might not be happening until later this year, or early next, so no real reason to show it all. But they have said they have 30+ in the pipe, so what was shown for the Vita was a part of that overall number, with many not being shown for whatever reason.

Think about this: All they are doing is releasing games you most likely have already played on the PC but in physical format for the Vita. Most of them are multi-plat if they're new or just ancient. If you don't like Indie games or VN's there was nothing there for you.

This was our last chance to get any of those bigger third party games that were never localized and released - like chaos rings, Uppers, Tales of innosence R, etc, but instead we got no big announcments. Maybe LRG just doesn't have what it takes in terms of resources to get these games and for that I really can't blame them I suppose, but I am kind of saddened that we'll never get to play these hidden gems for the beloved handheld.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate LRG for what they've done for the Vita. They've been the last bastion of support for it. I just wish they took it out with a bang.
Most of what you mentioned has to do with localization, not necessarily publishing the game physically.

I don’t believe they have the resources to take on that many games for localization. The House of Fate Morgana is a great start, but they’ll be cutting it close on that one as is. At the rate they’re going they could potentially start localizing more if this one goes well.

When did that happen, as I never heard it was cancelled as both of these games have been on my Vita radar since being announced? When the PS4 was first offered, I wouldn't have bought it either way, but at the time, I was excited as they said the Vita version was coming, just at a later time(or was strongly alluded to). And I never got the memo stating otherwise?
You don't really remember when MidBoss said Vita was CANCELLED on Twitter? And then after the PS4 release, they said "NEVERMIND. It's uncancelled. Someone helped us out with our Vita problem."

https://gematsu.com/2017/10/2064-read-memories-cancelled-ps-vita-related-updates

https://gematsu.com/2017/12/2064-read-memories-ps-vita-no-longer-cancelled-available-now

I don't know how you can miss this

I got mine a while back for around $100....but honestly $150 is probably good. I know you will likely have to order from Japan though for a new one at least, since I'm not sure of the supply in NA anymore. It's pretty close to being a dead system though, so I wouldn't go crazy at least. Lots of good stuff on it already though.

I'd just buy a new Slim at this point. It's only about $170 shipped, and you won't have to worry as much about needing a new charging cable, nor an old battery.

You don't really remember when MidBoss said Vita was CANCELLED on Twitter? And then after the PS4 release, they said "NEVERMIND. It's uncancelled. Someone helped us out with our Vita problem."

https://gematsu.com/2017/10/2064-read-memories-cancelled-ps-vita-related-updates

https://gematsu.com/2017/12/2064-read-memories-ps-vita-no-longer-cancelled-available-now

Yeah, as much as I try to follow the Vita, I completely missed that info on it being cancelled, thanks for the links. And yeah, that is pretty low for those who may have wanted the Vita over the PS4. All I ever saw was that is was being worked on for the Vita, so it seems like I just missed the 2 months it was on the cancelled list.

I probably wouldn't have bought the PS4 either way(as I don't own one yet), but I am glad they did what was required to make the game happen, as I was very much looking forward to it on the Vita. Does suck for those who got burned in regards to the on & off again of this situation.

No to both.  BUT I do have one myself I need to get rid of.  I didn't see anything in the OP saying that sales couldn't be talked about.  Just hit me up with a PM and we can talk details.  If this isn't allowed, then let me know and I will delete my post.

No to both. BUT I do have one myself I need to get rid of. I didn't see anything in the OP saying that sales couldn't be talked about. Just hit me up with a PM and we can talk details. If this isn't allowed, then let me know and I will delete my post.
Are you kidding? You do this constantly in multiple threads and you know it doesn't belong and that there is a trading subforum. Take your scalping elsewhere as it doesn't belong here.

Are you kidding? You do this constantly in multiple threads and you know it doesn't belong and that there is a trading subforum. Take your scalping elsewhere as it doesn't belong here.
Damn

Guess I hit a nerve. My apologies sunshine.

Also, show me every forum I have done this in? I basically said that it was NOT outlined in the original post and to let me know if it is allowed. Nobody' frequents those sale boards, so I figured I would toss it in here in case anyone wants one. But it's all good. I'll delete my post because it put your panties in a twist.

When did that happen, as I never heard it was cancelled as both of these games have been on my Vita radar since being announced? When the PS4 was first offered, I wouldn't have bought it either way, but at the time, I was excited as they said the Vita version was coming, just at a later time(or was strongly alluded to). And I never got the memo stating otherwise?

This CE is actually one I can get behind, as it's something new where having those big ass boxes finally has a point(or at least more of a purpose than most). Of course not sure what will be included, or how much these will cost, but it's for sure an all or nothing type deal for me. I either get both, or just go standard, but to many unknowns for now, but for sure on my wish list for the time being.
I bugged LRG Douglas about doing a CE for this when they announced they would be releasing the physical copies of the game some months ago and pointed out to him the game has a couple discs in the soundtrack. But from what was said in the live stream conference yesterday I had nothing to worry about as this CE was in the planning before they even made it public they were going to publish it. Count on a soundtrack at the least.

I only see the $75 physical tier. Is there something I missed?

Also does anyone know if it’s been confirmed to be an Asian release and not region 1?
This will be a Region 3 (R3) release as the publishing partner is EastAsia Soft (Play-Asia). And the $75 tier is the entry level tier for a physical copy, quite a pricey game and at least a year out before it will release.

Wait, they have 30 more games to announce for the Vita? I thought what they showed at e3 was it
Would you like to see that list? Of course you would! But even I don't know every game, because they are contractually obligated to not reveal some titles until closer to the release dates. These are the ones we know about, and for the record Fault may or may not be cancelled based on what Sekai Project said last week, but neither they nor LRG has confirmed it as such yet. Anyways, twenty-six (26) games announced from LRG still impending, and other mystery titles waiting in the wing as it were.:

2064: Read Only Memories (6/29)
Battle Princess Madelyn (TBA)
Cyberpunk Bartender Action: Va-11 Hall-A (6/29)
Defender's Quest (TBA)
Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)

Forma.8 (TBA)
Iconoclasts (3rd Quarter)
Mercenary Kings (TBA)
Musynx (June?)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Phantom Breaker: BattleGrounds Overdrive (3rd Quarter)
Rabi-Ribi (3rd Quarter)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Salt & Sanctuary (8/24)
Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit!: Full Course (3rd Quarter)
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers~ (3rd Quarter)
Siralim 2 (TBA)
Spelunky (TBA)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
The House in Fata Morgana: Dreams of the Revenants Edition (1st Quarter 2019)
World End Economica: Episode 1 (TBA)
World End Economica: Episode 2 (TBA)
World End Economica: Episode 3 (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)

I remember this very clearly, hence why I removed the game from the upcoming Vita games list I maintain and post here and elsewhere periodically back last year.

This will be a Region 3 (R3) release as the publishing partner is EastAsia Soft (Play-Asia). And the $75 tier is the entry level tier for a physical copy, quite a pricey game and at least a year out before it will release.
As stated before, $5 gets you in the door to backerkit to order a physical copy for $25.

I figured as much. I just want to make sure as I only have interest in R1 physical games. If the game turns out well, I’d get it for switch digital

I figured as much. I just want to make sure as I only have interest in R1 physical games. If the game turns out well, I’d get it for switch digital
Yeah, I'm not supporting the Kickstarter since it won't even be a R1 physical release.

I'm also hesitant because of what's going on with the Muv Luv Kickstarter backers and how it doesn't seem they are being guaranteed to be sent a R1 copy as the latest update was kind of vague.

4. Can we choose the version of physical copy we’ll be getting?

PS Vita physicals will work regardless of your PS Vita system’s region. However, we’ve recently become aware that there are PS Vita owners who collect one region exclusively for their physical copies, PEGI or ESRB. Unfortunately, it’s not realistic for us to offer a choice of region for physical copies, since there’d be no way for us to guess how many EU backers would want ESRB and vice versa at this point… all of which would lead to additional assembly fees, warehouse costs, and further shipping delays.

Yeah, I'm not supporting the Kickstarter since it won't even be a R1 physical release.

I'm also hesitant because of what's going on with the Muv Luv Kickstarter backers and how it doesn't seem they are being guaranteed to be sent a R1 copy as the latest update was kind of vague.
I’m pretty sure they are implying if you are in the US, you’ll receive esrb, if you’re in Europe you’ll be getting pegi

I’m pretty sure they are implying if you are in the US, you’ll receive esrb, if you’re in Europe you’ll be getting pegi
That's what I am hoping for anyway, but the wording they choose does not specifically say that (at least as specific as the wording they used when they described what each region's digital copies would be sent by default). By not specifically saying what each region would get by default they are free to send whatever they want (though I definitely feel the logical thing to do would be to send ESRB rated copies to North American customers and PEGI rated copies to European customers). Other regions such as Australia are a big question mark however.

As stated before, $5 gets you in the door to backerkit to order a physical copy for $25.
Excuse my ignorance. When I back the project do I pledge $5 up front then wait until down the road and then pledge the additional money for the game and shipping? Or do I pledge $35 (cost of pledge, physical copy, shipping) right now at the $5 backer level? Thanks.

That's what I am hoping for anyway, but the wording they choose does not specifically say that (at least as specific as the wording they used when they described what each region's digital copies would be sent by default). By not specifically saying what each region would get by default they are free to send whatever they want (though I definitely feel the logical thing to do would be to send ESRB rated copies to North American customers and PEGI rated copies to European customers). Other regions such as Australia are a big question mark however.
Yeah, it sucks that they are not being completely specific. I went ahead and bought the games from VGPlus just in case, to be safe. If the Kickstarter versions end up being ESRB rated copies then I supposed I can unload those.

Excuse my ignorance. When I back the project do I pledge $5 up front then wait until down the road and then pledge the additional money for the game and shipping? Or do I pledge $35 (cost of pledge, physical copy, shipping) right now at the $5 backer level? Thanks.
To be able to add anything, you have to pledge to at least one of the offerings, with the $5 being the cheapest. Then as per the extra items cost and shipping amounts, you'll need to add those in manually. So if your stuff is $50 with shipping, that is what you pledge, and then down the road, they will send a survey, and you then pick those items. Once you select the specific items, everything should equal your pledge amount and then zero out your order.

I was planning to actually buy the $150 bundle, but the shipping was $30(so $180 total), as this KS is set up rather poorly in regards to cost or combined shipping. So I'm now planning to do the $5, and just add the items I want, and that will save me a decent amount. As a few of the items in that bundle, I don't really want, and since only the higher levels get a special box for everything, so a la carte seems the best way to go. I'm doing my order now, so I'll report back on what my end number was.

Alright, so I ordered:

1. $5 Base Pledge(no shipping, all digital)

2. $25 All Posters ($5 shipping)

3. $50 Physical Art Book($5 shipping)

4. $25 Physical Game($5 shipping)

5. $15 Shipping Total

So I picked the $5 pledge, and instead of using that amount, I manually changed it to $120, which is the amount for all the items, plus the $15 for shipping 3 items($5 per item within the US). So now when the survey comes, I'll select all of those items, as I'll have $120 in my "account", and then my balance will turn to zero once done. As the amount I have pledge, will now be put towards those specific items.

Most of the campaigns I've been a part of, also allow extra funds to be added later as well. So lets just say this gets a variant physical release, I may want to buy an extra copy, so then before filling out the survey, you can up the pledge, which allow for extra items to be bought. Not sure if this is done every time, but it has been for the ones I have done in the past.

So now instead of the $180 for the $150 bundle(shipping killed it for me), I get the items I want, for $120 total. So I gave up the digital items, which I would have never used, as well as the physical standee & bonus goodies(which are probably trash), and the physical soundtrack. So I saved $60 doing it this was Vs. the bundle. Which was good, as I would have probably passed on this if $180 was my only option to get some of the items I wanted.

No word. But likely Digital Only since it will come 2019.

Or they might skip PS Vita altogether in the West
production doesn't stop until the end of march so there is still a chance they could make the registration deadline which is sometime this month. Atlus supports the vita pretty well, no?

Alright, so I ordered:

1. $5 Base Pledge(no shipping, all digital)

2. $25 All Posters ($5 shipping)

3. $50 Physical Art Book($5 shipping)

4. $25 Physical Game($5 shipping)

5. $15 Shipping Total

So I picked the $5 pledge, and instead of using that amount, I manually changed it to $120, which is the amount for all the items, plus the $15 for shipping 3 items($5 per item within the US). So now when the survey comes, I'll select all of those items, as I'll have $120 in my "account", and then my balance will turn to zero once done. As the amount I have pledge, will now be put towards those specific items.

Most of the campaigns I've been a part of, also allow extra funds to be added later as well. So lets just say this gets a variant physical release, I may want to buy an extra copy, so then before filling out the survey, you can up the pledge, which allow for extra items to be bought. Not sure if this is done every time, but it has been for the ones I have done in the past.

So now instead of the $180 for the $150 bundle(shipping killed it for me), I get the items I want, for $120 total. So I gave up the digital items, which I would have never used, as well as the physical standee & bonus goodies(which are probably trash), and the physical soundtrack. So I saved $60 doing it this was Vs. the bundle. Which was good, as I would have probably passed on this if $180 was my only option to get some of the items I wanted.
I really appreciate the explanation. Since all I want is a Vita physical copy I will just enter in $35 when I back at the $5 level. I thought maybe I could just give $5 now then pay more later on down the road as an add-on, as has been possible with some other Kickstarters, but it looks like I need to give everything up front on this one in order to guarantee a physical copy. Thanks again!

That's what I'm expecting. If you have a North American address you get the ESRB version. Europe gets the PEGI version. I'd imagine AU get's lumped in with Europe. They did specify with the digital versions that Europe will get Europe codes and EVERYONE else will get North American codes. So maybe that means AU will get NA games as well? Whatever the case, I'm in the USA so I should get the ESRB versions for both physical and digital. Also the digital codes for the EU people .. I think, it said they had already sent them out. So that might be an easier way to tell what region you'll be lumped into... though you can probably drop them an email and just ask what region you should be getting if it's unclear.

i didnt see anything in that range
Did you... look?

Edit:

zn2tVRk.png

TeeYhlT.png

ZLlAwYH.png

production doesn't stop until the end of march so there is still a chance they could make the registration deadline which is sometime this month. Atlus supports the vita pretty well, no?
The persona dancing games aren't getting a physical release so highly doubt Catherine is either if it gets localized for the west.

Sure, Atlus supports Vita. But Persona Dancing 3/5 will be be Digital Only in the West. Probably means they either cant make the registration in time or refuse to do it.

As for Catherine, they havent even announced the Console platforms for it.

So Bloodstained Ritual of the Night are in the process of fighting Sony for keeping Vita Physical version.

In response to an article on the drop of the Vita physical copies, a rep commented:

Just one small thing though, the PC and Vita versions of the game will be available both as physical and digital releases.

(we're still evaluating how Sony's announcement to stop producing Vita physicals might affect us, but for the moment we haven't announced any change)
So hopefully Sony will be willing to work with them on this, otherwise I dare say bad things might happen.

I kept seeing this referenced last night and had to go back and rewatch the "live streamed" portion of LRG's press conference from Monday because I had missed the tail end of it because I had to leave for work, but wow a double bombshell. Thirty-five physical Vita games in the works, and... seriously, if you collect all of the Vita LRG releases, a free exclusive final Vita game!?!? :shock:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/272091177?t=02h06m30s

tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p.jpg

I kept seeing this referenced last night and had to go back and rewatch the "live streamed" portion of LRG's press conference from Monday because I had missed the tail end of it because I had to leave for work, but wow a double bombshell. Thirty-five physical Vita games in the works, and... seriously, if you collect all of the Vita LRG releases, a free exclusive final Vita game!?!? :shock:

Yeah, I know right? I was watching the Q&A after their video, but only did so off and on once Ubisoft's show started, so I completely missed that info. Luckily someone posted it here on CAG, so I was happy to hear this info and then some. So I guess you PS4/NS guys have something to look forward to at the end of those roads. Sadly I won't be coming along for those rides. LOL

I'm actually looking in to getting Mecho Tales at this point, as it was the only Vita game I let pass so far. I didn't really want to support a garbage title like that, but getting it second hand means as much I suppose. I can't wait to see what is offered, and hopefully it's better than Mecho Tales. LOL

Overall I think this is a horrible idea for so many reasons. Yes, for the people that do complete collections it's a nice bonus to get a game that won't be published digitally and will only be available for "free"... but then for the majority of vita fans it's going to be a horrible way to end vita production with a game that's pretty much unobtainable. Hopefully it's just an alternate version of My Name is Mayo or Saturday Morning RPG with a color swap or something. If it ends up being something good the backlash will be huge. On the plus side, those looking to liquidate their LRG games may be in for a boost in returns through ebay. Especially low runs like Breach & Clear.

Yeah, I know right? I was watching the Q&A after their video, but only did so off and on once Ubisoft's show started, so I completely missed that info. Luckily someone posted it here on CAG, so I was happy to hear this info and then some. So I guess you PS4/NS guys have something to look forward to at the end of those roads. Sadly I won't be coming along for those rides. LOL

I'm actually looking in to getting Mecho Tales at this point, as it was the only Vita game I let pass so far. I didn't really want to support a garbage title like that, but getting it second hand means as much I suppose. I can't wait to see what is offered, and hopefully it's better than Mecho Tales. LOL
I would assume that you would have to buy it through LRG unless they have stated that owning it is enough. Otherwise it seems really hard to verify and easy for people to cheat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back