PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
A year or two back, when my local store was remodel, they put all their Vita games behind the counter as well, and they would provide a list of what they had by request. Of course the list was only what inventory showed, and in no way stated if the game was complete or not, you just had to ask. I said  fuck that, as now just wanting to take a quick look when I'm near by shopping at Walmart, has now become a job to spend my money. Shit like this is why if these guys go under tomorrow, I won't shed a tear, as every problem they have, is of their own making.

A year or two back, when my local store was remodel, they put all their Vita games behind the counter as well, and they would provide a list of what they had by request. Of course the list was only what inventory showed, and in no way stated if the game was complete or not, you just had to ask. I said fuck that, as now just wanting to take a quick look when I'm near by shopping at Walmart, has now become a job to spend my money. Shit like this is why if these guys go under tomorrow, I won't shed a tear, as every problem they have, is of their own making.
One of the Gamestops in my area actually tossed the cases to the Vita games, as if the 20 or so Vita games they had in stock were taking up a ton of room. I don't like to see a business go under since competition is generally good for the consumer, but I am with you in regard to Gamestop. While I won't cheer when they go under and will miss some of the exclusive games that would otherwise likely not get a physical release, I honestly won't feel bad for them. Their numerous anti-consumer policies and unbelievable failure to understand gamers and collectors has indeed been self-inflicted.

On a different note, just a reminder to folks that Play Asia is releasing two more Vita titles tomorrow.

^ This, there's a lot of anti-Vita predjudice against from many GameStop employees for some unknown reason. I've had to ask at all of my area GameStop locations too see Vita games they didn't have out on the shelf over the years as they just don't even care to bother trying selling them it seems. Really not going to miss this miserable excuse for a video game store when it crashes and burns.
That's because they take up real estate inside the stores, for a mere handful of games, and they don't sell.

One of the Gamestops in my area actually tossed the cases to the Vita games, as if the 20 or so Vita games they had in stock were taking up a ton of room. I don't like to see a business go under since competition is generally good for the consumer, but I am with you in regard to Gamestop. While I won't cheer when they go under and will miss some of the exclusive games that would otherwise likely not get a physical release, I honestly won't feel bad for them. Their numerous anti-consumer policies and unbelievable failure to understand gamers and collectors has indeed been self-inflicted.

On a different note, just a reminder to folks that Play Asia is releasing two more Vita titles tomorrow.
Yeah, I remember at the time, many here stating their local stores had been dumping cases to save on space, and it boggled my mind. My store had them on a small end cap for years, so my store barely lost any space having them on display. I would often grab a title here and there seeing them on display, especially when the case and sleeve was in good shape. Once they moved them to the back, I took my business to Ebay, as then I could buy from sellers and see specifically what I was buying, with out the work GS wanted me to put in, and for what?

I've met many really good people at GS over the years, from staff, to managers, and even a general manager(who was a personal friend), and they all got treated like shit. Almost everyone was promised something, only to have the powers that be renege after the fact, and not deliver on what was said. So besides just their poor treatment of actual customers, I probably despise them more for their treatment of staff, more so than their janky ass business practices.

Yeah, thankfully there are no retail releases left for me I "need" to purchase. Yeah I still would've liked to have had the original cases for my only two games that are in generic GameStop replacement cases, but I'm unemployed, pretty much broke, and thus will live content that I have them at all. Also I'm still on hold with Play-Asia over the three missing Vita games, two separate packages mailed thirty days apart, and "missing" while in USPS custody. USPS Has zero motivation to locate my packages, not that they'll ever likely find packages that were stolen right out of their own system.

And now I'm getting worried about the two games from Luc Bernard/Arcade Distellery. Other people have been receiving their copies of those games this week in my general region, but, where're mine? Luc's handling the shipping himself personally by himself, so not got the time to send e-mail notifications out to each person, but if they don't turn up next week I'm planning to contact him to ask if he's mailed mine out yet as I have zero faith in the postal service at this point.

Also I'm still on hold with Play-Asia over the three missing Vita games, two separate packages mailed thirty days apart, and "missing" while in USPS custody. USPS Has zero motivation to locate my packages, not that they'll ever likely find packages that were stolen right out of their own system.
Did your packages go missing over the holiday shipping windows(mid November thru December)? As normally theft can be an issue due to all the holiday help who are over worked and under paid for their holiday work efforts. And since Play-Asia slaps a HUGE logo on each package, it's pretty much telling any potential criminal, "Hey, I'm a video game" in a small package, that can easily be snuck out when no one is looking.

But, depending on how long your packages have been missing, they may still show up, as service is beyond garbage this time of year, and it's been getting worse since forever. I have to open a new claim today for a package that a buyer didn't pick up during the holidays, so it was returned, and it's been well over a month now. I have had returns take 2 months or more to arrive, but it may already be gone, so no use in continuing to wait.

Yeah, thankfully there are no retail releases left for me I "need" to purchase. Yeah I still would've liked to have had the original cases for my only two games that are in generic GameStop replacement cases, but I'm unemployed, pretty much broke, and thus will live content that I have them at all. Also I'm still on hold with Play-Asia over the three missing Vita games, two separate packages mailed thirty days apart, and "missing" while in USPS custody. USPS Has zero motivation to locate my packages, not that they'll ever likely find packages that were stolen right out of their own system.

And now I'm getting worried about the two games from Luc Bernard/Arcade Distellery. Other people have been receiving their copies of those games this week in my general region, but, where're mine? Luc's handling the shipping himself personally by himself, so not got the time to send e-mail notifications out to each person, but if they don't turn up next week I'm planning to contact him to ask if he's mailed mine out yet as I have zero faith in the postal service at this point.
What are the two games you are missing cover art for?
I am in the same boat with the Arcade Distillery games. Anyone here get their copies?

I am in the same boat with the Arcade Distillery games. Anyone here get their copies?
Nope, still waiting on the Arcade Distillery titles for what seems like months. Did not realize they were actually in the process of being shipped out.

Two more PLAY Exclusives are now live at Play-Asia:

FoxyLand Collection

Kid Tripp + Miles & Kilo Collection

Each is limited to 1500 copies made and there's the usual $34.99 price + free shipping with a 2-copy limit per person. As a bonus, each game in these 2-game packs has a separate exclusive platinum trophy to earn.

Use the coupon code NPE to save $3; for maximum savings, buy your copies separately.

GS throws out game cases to create shelf space for other games and items that have a better chance of selling.  We've known this for a long time.  They're not treating them any differently than any other older games, including portable systems.  Anyone of you who is upset about it needs to remove your emotional attachment to the Vita and understand it is a business where they want to maximize floor space and inventory space. 

Two more PLAY Exclusives are now live at Play-Asia:

FoxyLand Collection

Kid Tripp + Miles & Kilo Collection

Each is limited to 1500 copies made and there's the usual $34.99 price + free shipping with a 2-copy limit per person. As a bonus, each game in these 2-game packs has a separate exclusive platinum trophy to earn.

Use the coupon code NPE to save $3; for maximum savings, buy your copies separately.
I'm learning that there's not much need to jump on these right away, because Play Asia always seems to have copies for a while and even discounts some for sales.

Maybe my area is lucky, but the Gamestops here still have a shelf of boxed (mostly original cases) Vita games.

I got my copies, but I'm considering getting rid of all of my Arcade Distillery stuff. I was always drawn in by the art style, which is gorgeous, but they're just not very good games. Maybe War Theater is different?

Sent from my Razer Phone 2 using Tapatalk

GS throws out game cases to create shelf space for other games and items that have a better chance of selling. We've known this for a long time. They're not treating them any differently than any other older games, including portable systems. Anyone of you who is upset about it needs to remove your emotional attachment to the Vita and understand it is a business where they want to maximize floor space and inventory space.
It is stupid to get rid of cases for any system. The point being made is that the space savings is trivial (we are not talking about ps2 liquidation levels). In most situations it is the space of 4 or 5 pop figures that could be put in top stock. Putting stuff in drawers where no one can see them is a sure way to make sure no one buys it. I guarantee I could walk into almost any gamestop and find floorspace for this stuff. Complete copies are more likely to sell than a disc or cart in a paper sleeve.

I'm learning that there's not much need to jump on these right away, because Play Asia always seems to have copies for a while and even discounts some for sales.

Maybe my area is lucky, but the Gamestops here still have a shelf of boxed (mostly original cases) Vita games.
The weird ones (pantsu hunter, conga master) and large prints have stuck around, but most of the small runs 1000 to 1500 have sold out relatively quickly. The last release had checkout issues so those stayed around for a little bit longer as well, but most stuff is gone inside of a week or two.

Anyone of you who is upset about it needs to remove your emotional attachment to the Vita and understand it is a business where they want to maximize floor space and inventory space.
It is a very slippery slope to use the pursuit of profit to justify potentially destructive actions. Mercenary motivation isn't exactly a good thing to begin with, and there are certainly limits that ought to be applied to it.

One of GameStop's biggest flaws is their pursuit of profit to the direct detriment of the ACTUAL product that they have to sell. You can't look at the modern retail establishment as just a way to shift physical inventory. That business model has been on its way out for years. On-line distributors, digital store fronts, and digital distribution have made all of it obsolete. What is valuable about physical retail space like GameStop is the shopping experience, direct consumer interaction, and all the possibilities that those things provide.

GameStop's clear mercenary motivation is actively sabotaging what is valuable about having physical stores. They are essentially destroying themselves, and actively harming the used-game industry in the process. (throwing out collectible cases, just shameful) Grasping for better profit margins is no justification for their deplorable mistakes, especially when they have little and less to show for it. Crow about the value of capitalism when the business you're defending is actually succeeding.

Did your packages go missing over the holiday shipping windows(mid November thru December)? As normally theft can be an issue due to all the holiday help who are over worked and under paid for their holiday work efforts. And since Play-Asia slaps a HUGE logo on each package, it's pretty much telling any potential criminal, "Hey, I'm a video game" in a small package, that can easily be snuck out when no one is looking.

But, depending on how long your packages have been missing, they may still show up, as service is beyond garbage this time of year, and it's been getting worse since forever. I have to open a new claim today for a package that a buyer didn't pick up during the holidays, so it was returned, and it's been well over a month now. I have had returns take 2 months or more to arrive, but it may already be gone, so no use in continuing to wait.
Mercenary Kings: Reloaded Edition and Habroxia (shipped together) went 'missing' from the regional USPS distribution center not even ten miles from where I live on November 25th. Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s went 'missing' from a Georgia USPS distribution center on December 20th. Each were reported at the ten day mark of last tracking updates, which is the soonest USPS will acknowledge a problem and allow you to file a report. On that first package I had to file a second time as USPS customer service said the original case had been closed out the same day I had filed without any reason noted by the postal inspector to whom the case had been assigned. And I've got to call them next week to find out if there is any status update (really just to make sure they didn't close these cases out) as Play-Asia isn't keen to do anything until USPS acknowledges some form of response that they're indeed missing or stolen. I mean seriously, no kidding they're missing!

Formula 1: 2011 and Supremacy MMA: Unrestricted. I actually got my copy of Supremacy MMA: Unrestricted from someone here on CAG in a trade like three years ago.

I haven't received my copies yet or an email stating they were shipped.
Luc Bernard is personally packing and shipping out the two games to the Indigogo backers on his own. Mine haven't shipped yet either, but he did say everyone will get a tracking number by e-mail as they're mailed out.

https://twitter.com/LucBernard/status/1221765718967902208?s=20

Tweeg, for what it is worth I am happy to keep an eye out for these. Those were two of the harder ones for me to find because they went cheap early in the vita lifespan and were likely the victims of stores pitching cases for cheap games. I actually had a GameStop employee offer to track these down with cases for me. Was really cool of him to do.

Have also had luck getting under priced turbografx games with cases off eBay and then selling the game to complete stuff that way.

LAZR – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lazr/lazr-a-cyberpunk-clothformer/description

This game looks like it has potential because the game physics look cool. There is also mention of a PS Vita physical copy but didn’t Vita card production ended back in March 31, 2019 unless it gets outsourced to Japan.
There's a physical game reward and Vita's mentioned as a platform, but they never directly say "Vita physical" which makes me skeptical.

NA/EU Vita production ended a while ago, but EastAsiaSoft/PlayAsia are still putting games on cart in Asia and marketing pretty heavily toward NA audiences. So it's possible, but nobody knows when/if Asia carts will run out and Kickstarter releases aren't exactly known for quick delivery.

Tweeg, for what it is worth I am happy to keep an eye out for these. Those were two of the harder ones for me to find because they went cheap early in the vita lifespan and were likely the victims of stores pitching cases for cheap games. I actually had a GameStop employee offer to track these down with cases for me. Was really cool of him to do.

Have also had luck getting under priced turbografx games with cases off eBay and then selling the game to complete stuff that way.
Oh thanks, I'd appreciate that! Yeah, on the few occasions a area GameStop got one of those two games in they were always missing the original cases for whatever reason, and that was, for a short time, with staff at two GameStops keeping a eye out for those for me.

Oh boy, I got a message from Play-Asia today* concerning the first of the two missing packages.

After further investigation by our respective team, they have considered
the item lost. I know this is not a good experience for you. We are very
sorry that this has happened to you. Since the item 'Habroxia [Limited
Edition]' is already sold out, we can offer you a product cost refund of
the order which is US$69.98. We could also reship the item 'Mercenary
Kings: Reloaded Edition [Limited Edition]' and partially refund you the
amount of US$34.99. Kindly let us know what you think and we will follow
accordingly.
Is what it is.

* Technically they sent the message on Monday, but it was in my Spam folder so I didn't see it until today.

:D/ 'Tis a Christmas miracle in February! Was greeted with this message from PA Customer Support when I logged into my e-mail a few minutes ago.:

After further searching in our warehouse, I am happy to inform you that
we've managed to locate one more piece of the item 'Habroxia [Limited
Edition]'. Here's the new order #(redacted) for you. Please check and kindly
confirm the delivery address. Rest assured you will be notified once the
order is ready to be shipped out. We kindly ask for your patience in the
meantime while the shipment is being prepared.

been wanting to get a psp for a while, but never got around to it. What is the cheapest model that will plug to a tv and have controller support?

been wanting to get a psp for a while, but never got around to it. What is the cheapest model that will plug to a tv and have controller support?
Assuming you're talking about the Vita, that'd be a PSTV. Unfortunately they're not very cheap anymore, seem to float around the $100 mark.

The PSTV units were on clearance for $20 in late 2015 so if you know someone who might have bought one and thrown it in their closet you could probably convince them to part ways with it for less. 

PSP 2000 and 3000 series have an AV out. If I remember correctly you have to use component out for games on a TV, but movies allowed composite.

(if you meant Vita, there is no AV out with the handheld)

thx! got a lot of psp games at a garage sale that i've always wanted to play and never have been hd remasted, so im looking for a good way to try them!

thx! got a lot of psp games at a garage sale that i've always wanted to play and never have been hd remasted, so im looking for a good way to try them!
If you weren't talking physical psp games, the PSP GO with it's tv dock and PS3 controller support is the way to go.

It’s worth noting that for some reason I’ve never been entirely clear on, the PSP video output only fills about a quarter of the screen for video games—the main menu and video files fill the full screen, but video games don’t. The only way to play PSP games on a non-PSP screen in fullscreen (without using an emulator and disc images) is the PSTV, and you need the digital versions for that.

I don’t know if it’s the same with the PSPGo, but that thing is digital only.

There may be a way to do it via custom firmware, but I haven’t looked closely at that, myself.

It’s worth noting that for some reason I’ve never been entirely clear on, the PSP video output only fills about a quarter of the screen for video games—the main menu and video files fill the full screen, but video games don’t. The only way to play PSP games on a non-PSP screen in fullscreen (without using an emulator and disc images) is the PSTV, and you need the digital versions for that.

I don’t know if it’s the same with the PSPGo, but that thing is digital only.

There may be a way to do it via custom firmware, but I haven’t looked closely at that, myself.
It was something about games running natively in a 480p window if I remember correctly, since it didn't have the power to scale the game up. Zoom modes on some TVs helped with this

Assuming you're talking about the Vita, that'd be a PSTV. Unfortunately they're not very cheap anymore, seem to float around the $100 mark.
Really? wow, I picked up one when there was a mass clearance online at $45 with controller. Then 4 years ago, at walmart, they had an open box returned unit for $10. I use 1 with my US account and the other with a Japan account. They do come in handy, but too bad Sony locked them to 1 account per system.

It was something about games running natively in a 480p window if I remember correctly, since it didn't have the power to scale the game up. Zoom modes on some TVs helped with this
Definitely not 480p. The first TV I ever hooked mine up to was a CRT, and it didn’t fill the screen on that, either.

I have the PSP Go, Dock, original psp power supply, ps3 controller, and the component cables (along with composite cables).  Games do play in a box.  But you can use your tv's scaling features to get it close to filling the screen.  PSP runs games at 480 x 272 on the actual system and that's why it looks different over a tv.  The menus are actual 480p since the OS handles the video out but can't help the games being scaled lower than 480p since they aren't 480p even on the psp.

I have the PSP Go, Dock, original psp power supply, ps3 controller, and the component cables (along with composite cables). Games do play in a box. But you can use your tv's scaling features to get it close to filling the screen. PSP runs games at 480 x 272 on the actual system and that's why it looks different over a tv. The menus are actual 480p since the OS handles the video out but can't help the games being scaled lower than 480p since they aren't 480p even on the psp.
This is what I attempted to say.... output is 480i/p, but the games run at a native resolution in that window. thus the borders.

I prefer complete copies, so a GS liquidation wouldn’t help me
It's possible to still find complete copies at GS. Mostly converted from new to used. But possible. Not highly likely but if you are collecting it's still worth checking stores off your list that might have something. It's been more than a year since I bought a physical vita game, but every game I own has at least the box, art, and cart (which is all most games came with). When I was hunting games I went to every store within 60 or so miles. GS, Walmart, BB, Target, ... anything that might have games. Even some discount stores. And of course Amazon, Ebay and other online options. It was a fun time collecting back when there were only 120'ish games.

Kind of a random question, but since I’m planning on picking up a bluetooth Retro-bit Saturn pad at some point in the near future (mostly for emulation and fighting games on my PC) and they’re supposed to be compatible with the PS3, does anyone happen to know if they’ll also work with a PSTV? It’s not listed in the official info, but outside of this thread I’m not sure anyone even remembers the PSTV exists.
Got my pad in the mail today, and I can confirm that it doesn’t. It’ll connect to the PSTV and be recognized, but none of the button inputs work. Maybe they can update the firmware eventually, but given how dead the PSTV is, I’m not holding my breath.

Still, giving this thing a spin on my computer, and the d-pad is so goddamn good. Why can’t Sony make a good d-pad? I mean, sure, it’s better than the Xbox d-pads, but that’s nlt saying anything, I’d literally rather use an analog stick made of styrofoam to play Super Meat Boy than the Xbox d-pads to navigate a frigging menu.

Still, giving this thing a spin on my computer, and the d-pad is so goddamn good. Why can’t Sony make a good d-pad? I mean, sure, it’s better than the Xbox d-pads, but that’s nlt saying anything
I'm kind of sorry that 8bitdo doesn't do backwards compatibility. I've been a big fan of the 8bitdo controllers for years now. But they only work on making their controllers compatible with PC platforms and current systems. I don't think its possible to get their controllers working on the Vita. Which is a shame, as they have some of the best D-Pads in the business. Their M30 Genesis-inspired controller has one of the best D-Pads I've ever felt.

bread's done
Back