PS Vita / PS3 games price drop at Sony Retail Store (B&M)

arsenalfox

CAGiversary!
Check your local Sony Retail Store
Some New PSVita games at Sony retail stores have been marked down.
Starting at $19.97
Sales rep says it is their new price for Sony stores.

some game markdowns to include (but not limited to):

Shinobido 2 $19.97
Dungeon Hunter Alliance - $19.97
Lumines Electronic Symphony - $19.97
Michael Jackson The Experience - $19.97

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - $29.97

I know that there were a couple more markdowns but I cant remember.

They also have some older PS3 games (supposedly starting at $1.97), lowest price I personally saw was $4.97 for some of the older MLB, NBA games, Metal Gear Solid 4 - $9.97, etc.

Store locator:
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/st...10151&langId=-1&identifier=S_SonyStyle_Stores

UPDATE:
from what I have gathered from everyone posting, other deals they found are:

PS Vita games:

Touch My Katamari $19.97 (may be priced at $29.97, but rings up at $19.97)
Army Corps of Hell $19.97
Blazblue $19.97
UMvC $19.97

PSP games:

Street Fighter Alpha 3 $4.97
The warriors $4.97

PS3 games:

Ratchet & Clank: All For One $14.97
Darkness II LE $19.97
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga $9.97
WWE: All Stars $19.97
SSFIV: Arcade Edition $19.97
alice madness for $10
heavy rain $15
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean $9.97
Mass Effect 2 $9.97
Brink $4.97 or $9.97
Never Dead $14.97
Duke nukem $9.97
Agarest war zero $9.97
King of fighters XIII w/ soundtrack $19.97
El shaddai $9.97

And your local Target store may (or may not) have marked down:

PS Vita games:
Virtua Tennis 4 $19.88
Lumines $19.88

Quick Note:
Just a reminder (or word of advice):
If you see something you want ask for a price check even if it is marked at $40-$60...Or even if it has the orange price sticker.
Not all stores have their sticker prices accurate.
Example:
After seeing some on mention Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One on here. I returned to my Seattle store to see it priced with the orange sticker at $39.97, I asked for a price check: $14.97

Good Luck everyone and thank you for fore all your help and feedback!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ryushe']Yeah, I went to the one on Madison Ave in Manhattan. Great selection and very low key. Even had a great convo with one of the workers.

Picked up Shinobido, Lumines and KoFXIII. Oh, and a trigger grip for the Vita that's incredible.[/QUOTE]
thanks for the update. i might run over there tomorrow. :D

Other PS3 markdowns i saw at the Sony Outlet store that can be included in the 1st post.

You Star 2 - $4.97
Just Dance 2 Kids - $9.97
NCAA 11 - $4.97
Ratchet Tools of Destruction - $14.97
Logitech PS3 Driving Force GT Racing Wheel - $79.99

I went to the Valley Fair Mall Sony Store in San Jose, CA. Everything was marked at regular MSRP price.

[quote name='Naramie']I went to the Valley Fair Mall Sony Store in San Jose, CA. Everything was marked at regular MSRP price.[/QUOTE]But did you try ringing anything up? It's possible their stickers just weren't updated yet.

[quote name='Naramie']I went to the Valley Fair Mall Sony Store in San Jose, CA. Everything was marked at regular MSRP price.[/QUOTE]

Go back. I went there too and at first glance, the wall of Vita games are full priced. I was about to leave and asked a sales associate and she led me to a small case with all the Vita and PS3 games on sale. I picked up Lumines.

Just some others that were worth checking out imo...

Shadows of the Damned - $14.97
No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise - $9.97

There really are quite a few games on sale...if you take the time to look there are more than the titles listed in this thread. I went to the Madison Ave. store in NYC.

-Spice

[quote name='Naramie']I went to the Valley Fair Mall Sony Store in San Jose, CA. Everything was marked at regular MSRP price.[/QUOTE]

Did you happen to see mgs4 or no more heroes paradise?

[quote name='rvdnsx']Umvc is 29.97[/QUOTE]Not according to some people (see OP); I probably should have had it price-checked to be sure, but I assumed that the $29.97 stickers on the copies I saw were possibly not updated to $19.97 yet.

[quote name='Vigilante']Not according to some people (see OP); I probably should have had it price-checked to be sure, but I assumed that the $29.97 stickers on the copies I saw were possibly not updated to $19.97 yet.[/QUOTE]

Price-checked at the Sony Store at U Village Seattle last night and it was $29.97.

[quote name='ryushe']Yeah, I went to the one on Madison Ave in Manhattan. Great selection and very low key. Even had a great convo with one of the workers.

Picked up Shinobido, Lumines and KoFXIII. Oh, and a trigger grip for the Vita that's incredible.[/QUOTE]

Hey, did you, or anyone else who went to the store at Madison Ave, see Agarest War or Alice there?

[quote name='yesan']Price-checked at the Sony Store at U Village Seattle last night and it was $29.97.[/QUOTE]

Same here, price checked UMvC at the Century City store in LA and it was still $29.97

Just got back from the Sony store at the Wrentham outlets. Grabbed Blazblue for $19.97. Also saw Army Corps of Hell, Shinobido, and Lumines for $19.97. MvC was still $29.99. Also saw the Darkness 2 and Soul Caliber 5 for $20, and R&C A41 and Medievil Dedmjnds quest for $14.99. Wish I didn't just replace my car battery or I woulda grabbed SC5 and Shinibido as well. Will probably head back next week.

Anyone here play Shinibido or Army Corps of Hell yet and have opinions?

[quote name='yesan']Price-checked at the Sony Store at U Village Seattle last night and it was $29.97.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gedean']Same here, price checked UMvC at the Century City store in LA and it was still $29.97[/QUOTE]Oof, my bad, then. I guess I won't consider it with the other three Vita titles I mentioned in my original post, though I would like any opinions as to which I should get, if any: Lumines, BlazBlue: CS Extend, or Shinobido 2. Read my earlier post for more info as to my thoughts on each.

[quote name='Prota']Hey, did you, or anyone else who went to the store at Madison Ave, see Agarest War or Alice there?[/QUOTE]

Agarest I saw yesterday. They don't have Alice.

-Spice

Sweet deal, thanks for the heads up. There's two Sony stores down in SoCal, but I'll probably hit the one at Fashion Valley in a few days. I'll see what they have.

I just stopped by the Sony store in Fashion Valley and was pretty disappointed at what I found. There were a few of the Vita deals listed in the OP, but I had already bought several of them used from GoHastings so all I picked up was Army Corp of Hell (and only so I didn't leave completely empty-handed). Had hoped to get some of the PS3 games, but their selection (in the same case as the Vita games) was pretty poor.

[quote name='SpiceHustle29']Agarest I saw yesterday. They don't have Alice.

-Spice[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. ^_^ Was really hoping for Alice, as I don't see myself playing Agarest for a long time. I already have a big backlog, and I'm in the middle of Xenoblade...I think I'm going to need a break from RPGs after that behemoth.

BE SURE TO LOOK FOR/ASK THEM IF THEY HAVE A BASKET OF GAMES!

I asked her if the ones on the wall were all the PS3 games they had. They were not. Pointed me to the basket when I asked about more PSP games. Almost made me miss Medieval Moves!:twoguns:

KOF XIII with CD $19.97(marked $29.97. New to this series. Will check out more YouTube gameplay videos before I open it.)

Medieval Moves $14.97(Yes. I know it's been said as $11.98 on clearance at Target. After 5 Targets or so and full price, whatev.)

Mass Effect 2 $9.97

Yoostar 2 $4.97

MLB The Show 09 $2.97

Thanks for the thread, OP!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Was able to pick up Darkness II LE for 19.97 and Alice for 9.97 at the Tampa, FL Sony Store. They had a limited selection from what was at the wall of what I saw. Asked the guy if he could check on the computer if they had other marked downed games in stock and I was told what was on the wall is all they got. If anyone in the area wanted the vita games from the OP they did have those marked down with the orange sticker.

[quote name='cabhills']Was able to pick up Darkness II LE for 19.97 and Alice for 9.97 at the Tampa, FL Sony Store. They had a limited selection from what was at the wall of what I saw. Asked the guy if he could check on the computer if they had other marked downed games in stock and I was told what was on the wall is all they got. If anyone in the area wanted the vita games from the OP they did have those marked down with the orange sticker.[/QUOTE]

I bet they had a basket!:)

Chick told me the wall was all. Then, I saw more in the basket.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']BE SURE TO LOOK FOR/ASK THEM IF THEY HAVE A BASKET OF GAMES!

I asked her if the ones on the wall were all the PS3 games they had. They were not. Pointed me to the basket when I asked about more PSP games. Almost made me miss Medieval Moves!:twoguns:

KOF XIII with CD $19.97(marked $29.97. New to this series. Will check out more YouTube gameplay videos before I open it.)

Medieval Moves $14.97(Yes. I know it's been said as $11.98 on clearance at Target. After 5 Targets or so and full price, whatev.)

Infamous 2 $9.97

Yoostar 2 $4.97

MLB The Show 09 $2.97

Thanks for the thread, OP!:)[/QUOTE]
Infamous 2 $9.97?!? WTF Nice. Wish I asked about the price on that(hard to see price stickers on the wall form where I stand in front of register). Looks like I will be going back. Got Army Corps and Shinobido2 though. Thanks for the info!

Went into the Sony Store in on Madison Ave today

Blazblue,Army Corp, Dungeon Hunter,Lumines,Shinobido2 were $19.97
Umvc3 was $29.97 as per sticker. I didnt have them ring it up since i have already.
I had them try Virtua Tennis 4 and Fifa they came up at $40. I think Wipeout was $30. I bought Blazblue.

[quote name='inky1600']Infamous 2 $9.97?!? WTF Nice. Wish I asked about the price on that(hard to see price stickers on the wall form where I stand in front of register). Looks like I will be going back. Got Army Corps and Shinobido2 though. Thanks for the info![/QUOTE]

OMG! So glad you noticed that! Gonna edit it. Mass Effect 2 NOT Infamous 2! Sorry!

However, I did see an Infamous 2 marked $9.xx at Sears. It rung up at $29.xx and he said that's the price he has to sell it for. Think I'll go check tomorrow and if it has the $9.xx sticker on it, STILL!!!!, I will get it for that price. I wasn't pressed, till I saw the value of it. I would have gotten it for $9.xx that same day, at Sears, if their wifi wasn't locked and I could've looked it up!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']OMG! So glad you noticed that! Gonna edit it. Mass Effect 2 NOT Infamous 2! Sorry!

However, I did see an Infamous 2 marked $9.xx at Sears. It rung up at $29.xx and he said that's the price he has to sell it for. Think I'll go check tomorrow and if it has the $9.xx sticker on it, STILL!!!!, I will get it for that price. I wasn't pressed, till I saw the value of it. I would have gotten it for $9.xx that same day, at Sears, if their wifi wasn't locked and I could've looked it up![/QUOTE]
Thanks for the clarification. As for Sears...the clerk said he had to go by the rung up price or the sticker price? If he said the rung up price then the store manager(not electronics manager) needs to be brought to the area immediately and you should snap a picture of the sticker price on the game at that time. Let us know if they changed the sticker on the other copy ok barbie? Sears closest to me is almost an hour away

I'm undoubtedly going to sound like a broken record, so I apologize in advance: Since I plan on stopping by the Sony store nearest me again tomorrow, any advice as to which of the following I should pick up would be much appreciated.

-BlazBlue: CS Extend
-Lumines Electronic Symphony
-Shinobido 2

I'm not much of a fighter fan, but there's something appealing about playing games like BlazBlue on the go, even if I wouldn't play it seriously. I love puzzle games like Tetris, but I'm concerned as to how long Lumines would last me and if the $20 price tag would justify it (the Target trade-in deal has definitely spoiled me for the foreseeable future). I know the least about Shinobido 2, but it appears like the game with the most potential for a lasting game experience; the lukewarm reviews don't exactly inspire me to pick it up, however. :\ I plan on going back this Sunday, but any advice on which I should get would be most appreciated.

Aside from those, the Vita games that interest me are stuff like Uncharted: GA, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Dynasty Warriors Next, Rayman Origins, and hopefully Gravity Rush.

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm undoubtedly going to sound like a broken record, so I apologize in advance: Since I plan on stopping by the Sony store nearest me again tomorrow, any advice as to which of the following I should pick up would be much appreciated.

-BlazBlue: CS Extend
-Lumines Electronic Symphony
-Shinobido 2

I'm not much of a fighter fan, but there's something appealing about playing games like BlazBlue on the go, even if I wouldn't play it seriously. I love puzzle games like Tetris, but I'm concerned as to how long Lumines would last me and if the $20 price tag would justify it (the Target trade-in deal has definitely spoiled me for the foreseeable future). I know the least about Shinobido 2, but it appears like the game with the most potential for a lasting game experience; the lukewarm reviews don't exactly inspire me to pick it up, however. :\ I plan on going back this Sunday, but any advice on which I should get would be most appreciated.

Aside from those, the Vita games that interest me are stuff like Uncharted: GA, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Dynasty Warriors Next, Rayman Origins, and hopefully Gravity Rush.[/QUOTE]

I bought BlazBlue but I haven't popped it in yet, but I will say Lumines is awesome and worth the $20.

Can't wait for Gravity Rush too. :D:D:D

[quote name='inky1600']Thanks for the clarification. As for Sears...the clerk said he had to go by the rung up price or the sticker price? If he said the rung up price then the store manager(not electronics manager) needs to be brought to the area immediately and you should snap a picture of the sticker price on the game at that time. Let us know if they changed the sticker on the other copy ok barbie? Sears closest to me is almost an hour away[/QUOTE]

Lol. Thanks! :) The employee was no biggie because I would have gotten it for that price if I'd known the value. I'm going to check by there, again. I'll let you know.

Thanks, OP. Went to the store 60 miles away from me at Santa Clara / San Jose. Picked up the second-to-last copy of Lumines. UMvC3 was $30, so I can wait. If I didn't buy Blazblue at launch, I totally would've gotten that as well.

Thanks for the find OP. I went ahead and picked up Dungeon hunter on the vita for 20. They also had the darkness 2 for 20 but i passed.

[quote name='Dranakin']Thanks, OP. Went to the store 60 miles away from me at Santa Clara / San Jose. Picked up the second-to-last copy of Lumines. UMvC3 was $30, so I can wait. If I didn't buy Blazblue at launch, I totally would've gotten that as well.[/QUOTE]

Let me get this straight... You drove 120 miles round trip to save $20 on Lumines? I hope you had other reasons for being there... This is CHEAPassgamer, not DUMBassgamer.

[quote name='o0achilles0o']Let me get this straight... You drove 120 miles round trip to save $20 on Lumines? I hope you had other reasons for being there... This is CHEAPassgamer, not DUMBassgamer.[/QUOTE]

lol

[quote name='o0achilles0o']Let me get this straight... You drove 120 miles round trip to save $20 on Lumines? I hope you had other reasons for being there... This is CHEAPassgamer, not DUMBassgamer.[/QUOTE]
:lol:

[quote name='DjRoo']Go back. I went there too and at first glance, the wall of Vita games are full priced. I was about to leave and asked a sales associate and she led me to a small case with all the Vita and PS3 games on sale. I picked up Lumines.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok thanks! I'll check back later hopefully they have some stuff. Unfortunately I already have Lumines. Good game though, very tough. Hoping to get BlazBlue.

sony store at costa mesa had resistance 3 for 60 and the doomsday bundle for 150. what a great deal eh? i went their about 3 or so weeks ago and they had that bundle for 80.

Hey man, sometimes it's all about the journey of the hunt. I'm a classic collector; I know how it is. :D

But even I wouldn't have gone that far just for this. Yikes.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Hey man, sometimes it's all about the journey of the hunt. I'm a classic collector; I know how it is. :D

But even I wouldn't have gone that far just for this. Yikes.[/QUOTE]
Oh, don't get me wrong... As someone who's traipsed all over town looking for Skylanders figures, I know all too well about the thrill of the hunt. But here in Oregon, gas is $4.10 a gallon or so. If he's getting about 25MPG that's $19.68 just in gas, and I'm sure it's more expensive in Cali. So like I said, let's all be cheap, not dumb-ass gamers.

[quote name='inky1600']Thanks for the clarification. As for Sears...the clerk said he had to go by the rung up price or the sticker price? If he said the rung up price then the store manager(not electronics manager) needs to be brought to the area immediately and you should snap a picture of the sticker price on the game at that time. Let us know if they changed the sticker on the other copy ok barbie? Sears closest to me is almost an hour away[/QUOTE]

Didn't see the $9.xx clearance Infamous 2 at Sears and did think to check in the glass cases to see if it was, indeed, mistagged. Oh well. Lol.

1. This is where one would insert a "Not sure if serious" image.

2. I like how you capitalized your changes to the site name, as if the emphasis wouldn't be clear.

Sorry to sound like a broken record or posted before but was at the Fashion Valley store in San Diego today and they had a good majority of all the PS Vita games in-stock with good quantities. Every game had at least 8-10 copies except for Touch my Katamari which only had 2. I picked up Lumines.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Hey man, sometimes it's all about the journey of the hunt. I'm a classic collector; I know how it is. :D

But even I wouldn't have gone that far just for this. Yikes.[/QUOTE]
Maybe you should take up orienteering or something to burn off that excess energy and time.

bread's done
Back