PS Vita / PS3 games price drop at Sony Retail Store (B&M)

arsenalfox

CAGiversary!
Check your local Sony Retail Store
Some New PSVita games at Sony retail stores have been marked down.
Starting at $19.97
Sales rep says it is their new price for Sony stores.

some game markdowns to include (but not limited to):

Shinobido 2 $19.97
Dungeon Hunter Alliance - $19.97
Lumines Electronic Symphony - $19.97
Michael Jackson The Experience - $19.97

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - $29.97

I know that there were a couple more markdowns but I cant remember.

They also have some older PS3 games (supposedly starting at $1.97), lowest price I personally saw was $4.97 for some of the older MLB, NBA games, Metal Gear Solid 4 - $9.97, etc.

Store locator:
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/st...10151&langId=-1&identifier=S_SonyStyle_Stores

UPDATE:
from what I have gathered from everyone posting, other deals they found are:

PS Vita games:

Touch My Katamari $19.97 (may be priced at $29.97, but rings up at $19.97)
Army Corps of Hell $19.97
Blazblue $19.97
UMvC $19.97

PSP games:

Street Fighter Alpha 3 $4.97
The warriors $4.97

PS3 games:

Ratchet & Clank: All For One $14.97
Darkness II LE $19.97
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga $9.97
WWE: All Stars $19.97
SSFIV: Arcade Edition $19.97
alice madness for $10
heavy rain $15
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean $9.97
Mass Effect 2 $9.97
Brink $4.97 or $9.97
Never Dead $14.97
Duke nukem $9.97
Agarest war zero $9.97
King of fighters XIII w/ soundtrack $19.97
El shaddai $9.97

And your local Target store may (or may not) have marked down:

PS Vita games:
Virtua Tennis 4 $19.88
Lumines $19.88

Quick Note:
Just a reminder (or word of advice):
If you see something you want ask for a price check even if it is marked at $40-$60...Or even if it has the orange price sticker.
Not all stores have their sticker prices accurate.
Example:
After seeing some on mention Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One on here. I returned to my Seattle store to see it priced with the orange sticker at $39.97, I asked for a price check: $14.97

Good Luck everyone and thank you for fore all your help and feedback!

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally went to the Sony store in Tampa yesterday, they had Lumines, Army Corps of Hell, Blazblue, Michael Jackson, UMvC, and Shinobido 2. There were plenty of each but having to replace my wife's broken iPhone screen took that $100 away. :(

So to anyone in my Tampa Bay area, International Mall Sony store has lots to get. You're welcome.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']These aren't drops; they're price corrections. All of these should have been $20 at launch.[/QUOTE]

Quit wasting space.

We used to have a Sony Store in Cincinnati but I never saw anyone go in to do anything but demo because prices were higher than any other B&M. So it closed. Now the closest one is in Chicago.

In fact, there only appear to be a handful of these stores period...

Thinking about heading down there myself, but it'd be a definite if I could get any conformation that Disgaea 3 Vita was also marked down.

[quote name='ryushe']Thinking about heading down there myself, but it'd be a definite if I could get any conformation that Disgaea 3 Vita was also marked down.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is.

Now if only the system could drop 50 bucks. It worked wonders for the 3DS, maybe for Black Friday or maybe they'll do an Uncharted bundle or something.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']your response takes up even more space :)[/QUOTE]

Gotta love loser internet trolls. Always have to have the last word.

Anyway... I didn't see any copies of Disgaea Vita when I went yesterday, but WWE All-Stars PS3 for 20 is pretty tempting. If I head to The Woodlands, I'll report what I see.

Picked up Blazblue Extend and Shinobido 2 for $19.97 a piece last week at the Sony Store in the Millenia Mall in Orlando, FL. Tempted to go back for Lumines.

Shinobido 2 was an impulse buy and I really have no intention of playing it. Willing to sell it to anyone who's interested. Sealed game. PM me if interested!

[quote name='iKhaotic']Picked up Blazblue Extend and Shinobido 2 for $19.97 a piece last week at the Sony Store in the Millenia Mall in Orlando, FL. Tempted to go back for Lumines.

Shinobido 2 was an impulse buy and I really have no intention of playing it. Willing to sell it to anyone who's interested. Sealed game. PM me if interested![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I played the demo for Shinobido and I was very unimpressed. Reminded me a lot of Tenchu back in the day (which makes sense as its from the same ppl), and I never liked Tenchu so I passed on it. Good price if you're into that though.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Gotta love loser internet trolls. Always have to have the last word.

Anyway... I didn't see any copies of Disgaea Vita when I went yesterday, but WWE All-Stars PS3 for 20 is pretty tempting. If I head to The Woodlands, I'll report what I see.[/QUOTE]

You do realize by saying "you just have to have the last word" you are in effect getting in the last word. Gotta love them hypocrites!

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Nice. Unfortunately the other two games I was hoping to be half price (Virtua Tennis 4 & Dynasty Warriors Next) were still full price. :(

Funny thing is I may be in The Woodlands tomorrow for my birthday, so I may just have to stop by that store too and maybe pick up a Darkness II. I'm still debating if NeverDead is worth $15.[/QUOTE]

its probably super YMMV but i snagged Virtua Tennis on clearance for 19.97 @ target 2 weeks ago.

[quote name='anumeric']its probably super YMMV but i snagged Virtua Tennis on clearance for 19.97 @ target 2 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

The Vita game? I've never even seen the Vita Game at Target. Do you have the DCPI?

Went to the Sony store at the Dallas Galleria earlier to check out their PS3 clearance. Nothing I really wanted. They had tons of stuff $19.97 or less, Brink was $4.97, Never Dead for $14.97. What was funny though was they already had copies of Starhawk on their shelves and I brought it to their attention. Neither employee had any idea that it wasn't supposed to go on sale until tomorrow. If I didn't already have it preordered I might have tried to see if I could pick one up.

[quote name='anumeric']its probably super YMMV but i snagged Virtua Tennis on clearance for 19.97 @ target 2 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

That's a steal. I have prolly close to 7 Vita games, and yet I still play Virtua Tennis the most.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']The Vita game? I've never even seen the Vita Game at Target. Do you have the DCPI?[/QUOTE]

yup the VITA game, i was pretty shocked too but found it the display case with the clearance sticker. ill post DPCI when i get home from work.

[quote name='Sonne']That's a steal. I have prolly close to 7 Vita games, and yet I still play Virtua Tennis the most.[/QUOTE]

definitely thought it was a steal so i picked it up when i didnt even have a vita. just started playing it last night and its pretty fun :)

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']The Vita game? I've never even seen the Vita Game at Target. Do you have the DCPI?[/QUOTE]

Heres the dpci for virtua tennis: 207 20 0067 it was 19.98 clearance. Hope you find one :)

[quote name='anumeric']Heres the dpci for virtua tennis: 207 20 0067 it was 19.98 clearance. Hope you find one :)[/QUOTE]

Dang... none in my area. :cry: Oh well, thanks for your help anyway!

Heading out to the Woodlands Sony Store tonight. Hope I find some goodies.

Managed to pick up blazblue. Wowed at how smooth and nice the game plays. This was at Glendale, CA store and they have about 5 of each title mentioned so far. Amazing deal. Thanks everyone.

Pentagon City had a whole rack with clearance games/movies. Lots of the Vita games left, a good amount of PS3 games as well. PS3 games like Lego Pirates and Mass Effect 2 were $9.97.

[quote name='Showstoppa42']Just missed the last copy of Lumines, but I picked up Touch My Katamari for $19.97 at the Sony store in Philadelphia.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on Katamari, it was tagged $29 but it rang up at $19.

Still a bunch of PS3 and Vita games on clearance at the Woodlands location if anybody is going there. Army Corps of Hell was also $19, I dunno if anybody posted that.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Thanks for the heads up on Katamari, it was tagged $29 but it rang up at $19.

Still a bunch of PS3 and Vita games on clearance at the Woodlands location if anybody is going there. Army Corps of Hell was also $19, I dunno if anybody posted that.[/QUOTE]

Did you see any good PS3 clearance worth mentioning? Might be taking a day trip to Houston next week and wanted to know if it was worth my while to stop by Houston and/or the woodlands.

[quote name='jmillion']anyone been to the NYC stores?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I went to the one on Madison Ave in Manhattan. Great selection and very low key. Even had a great convo with one of the workers.

Picked up Shinobido, Lumines and KoFXIII. Oh, and a trigger grip for the Vita that's incredible.

[quote name='ryushe']Yeah, I went to the one on Madison Ave in Manhattan. Great selection and very low key. Even had a great convo with one of the workers.

Picked up Shinobido, Lumines and KoFXIII. Oh, and a trigger grip for the Vita that's incredible.[/QUOTE]

was lumines 20 bucks? I saw and it was marked 40 thanks

^ Yeah, it's $20 as well. Some items weren't labeled yet/correctly when I went there but it should still pick up as $20 in the system.

I only wished Disgaea 3 or Unit 13 was $20 as well... Oh well

Don't bother Vlaphor, the KC location is now gone and replaced by that stupid clothing store with the red label. That's all we need, another fucking clothing store.
I am interested in Shinobido 2 considering it's suppose to be pretty big. Is it dubbed or subbed or just text only?

Just got back from the sony style store in the Woodlands Mall in Texas. I picked up Lumines and Shinobido 2 for $20 each. There were also a lot of PS3 games on clearance.

Thanks for adding PS3 to the heading! This thread was like a best kept secret! Glad I clicked on it....gonna go check some things out!

And your local Target store may (or may not) have marked down:

PS Vita games:
Virtua Tennis 4 $19.88
Lumines $19.88

too bad ours dont

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Did you see any good PS3 clearance worth mentioning? Might be taking a day trip to Houston next week and wanted to know if it was worth my while to stop by Houston and/or the woodlands.[/QUOTE]

I remember seeing Darkness II, WWE 12, Soul Cal V, Ratchet & Clank All 4 One for $20 and $15, and a bunch of other stuff for really cheap, but that's all I remember that was worthy.

This was at the Woodlands store, the Galleria one was kinda picked clean.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']This was at the Woodlands store, the Galleria one was kinda picked clean.[/QUOTE]

The Woodlands store is still pretty well stocked as of May 10 2pm. Plenty of copies of Ridge Racer at $25. Also a bunch of PSP games discounted on the small shelf opposite of the vita display.

I went to the closest Sony Store and found pretty much every Vita game posted here (except Touch My Katamari, but I'm not interested in that), but despite planning on picking up Lumines, I just couldn't decide which single game (trying to save money :razz:) to get from the following:

-BlazBlue: CS Extend
-Lumines Electronic Symphony
-Shinobido 2
-UMvC3

I'm not much of a fighter fan, but there's something appealing about playing games like BlazBlue or UMvC3 on the go, even if I wouldn't play them seriously. I love puzzle games like Tetris, but I'm concerned as to how long Lumines would last me and if the $20 price tag would justify it (the Target trade-in deal has definitely spoiled me for the foreseeable future). I know the least about Shinobido 2, but it appears like the game with the most potential for a lasting game experience; the lukewarm reviews don't exactly inspire me to pick it up, however. :\ I plan on going back this Sunday, but any advice on which I should get would be most appreciated.

Aside from those, the Vita games that interest me are stuff like Uncharted: GA, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Dynasty Warriors Next, Rayman Origins (holy snap, I want this on-the-go so BAD), and hopefully Gravity Rush.

...OK, so I don't have a Vita yet, but does that really matter for us CAGs? :whee:

bread's done
Back