PS Vita / PS3 games price drop at Sony Retail Store (B&M)

arsenalfox

CAGiversary!
Check your local Sony Retail Store
Some New PSVita games at Sony retail stores have been marked down.
Starting at $19.97
Sales rep says it is their new price for Sony stores.

some game markdowns to include (but not limited to):

Shinobido 2 $19.97
Dungeon Hunter Alliance - $19.97
Lumines Electronic Symphony - $19.97
Michael Jackson The Experience - $19.97

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - $29.97

I know that there were a couple more markdowns but I cant remember.

They also have some older PS3 games (supposedly starting at $1.97), lowest price I personally saw was $4.97 for some of the older MLB, NBA games, Metal Gear Solid 4 - $9.97, etc.

Store locator:
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/st...10151&langId=-1&identifier=S_SonyStyle_Stores

UPDATE:
from what I have gathered from everyone posting, other deals they found are:

PS Vita games:

Touch My Katamari $19.97 (may be priced at $29.97, but rings up at $19.97)
Army Corps of Hell $19.97
Blazblue $19.97
UMvC $19.97

PSP games:

Street Fighter Alpha 3 $4.97
The warriors $4.97

PS3 games:

Ratchet & Clank: All For One $14.97
Darkness II LE $19.97
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga $9.97
WWE: All Stars $19.97
SSFIV: Arcade Edition $19.97
alice madness for $10
heavy rain $15
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean $9.97
Mass Effect 2 $9.97
Brink $4.97 or $9.97
Never Dead $14.97
Duke nukem $9.97
Agarest war zero $9.97
King of fighters XIII w/ soundtrack $19.97
El shaddai $9.97

And your local Target store may (or may not) have marked down:

PS Vita games:
Virtua Tennis 4 $19.88
Lumines $19.88

Quick Note:
Just a reminder (or word of advice):
If you see something you want ask for a price check even if it is marked at $40-$60...Or even if it has the orange price sticker.
Not all stores have their sticker prices accurate.
Example:
After seeing some on mention Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One on here. I returned to my Seattle store to see it priced with the orange sticker at $39.97, I asked for a price check: $14.97

Good Luck everyone and thank you for fore all your help and feedback!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hit up the store in Canoga park the other day. umvc3 Vita was 29.99 Others seemed correct from what is listed here and I picked up Gran Tourism 5 XL for 19.99. Bought it at BB a few weeks ago for $40 so I took my copy and got my $40 back. Was also told if you buy a Vita you get the 4gb starter pack free. Frys is offering two games though so that's a better route IMO. I have a 8GB card and it fills up fast. Wish I would've immediately sprung for the 32.

[quote name='Stele']Maybe you should take up orienteering or something to burn off that excess energy and time.[/QUOTE]

Ahem.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']But even I wouldn't have gone that far just for this. Yikes.[/QUOTE]

Didn't read that did ya.

[quote name='kygad']Gran Tourism 5 XL for 19.99. [/QUOTE]

Nice. I saw that at the Woodlands Store but it didn't have a tag on it.

[quote name='kygad']I have a 8GB card and it fills up fast. Wish I would've immediately sprung for the 32.[/QUOTE]

I hear that. I got the 8GB bundle and it's almost full already thanks to PSP games and stuff.

I nabbed a few titles for PS3 at my Sony store that I haven't seen listed yet, so I figured I'd contribute! :)

Dragon Age II $9.97
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (not Ultimate) $9.97
Dark Souls $14.97

Also got MGS4 for ten bucks, and I saw a Resistance 2 Collector's Edition for $14.97 as well. A friend of mine told me they had Sonic Generations for $20, but I didn't see any.

There were lots of great PSP prices, too, but I don't have a PSP. My roommate got Dissidia 012 for $9.97, for example, and I saw Chains of Olympus for $4.97 (I think it was CoO... might have been Ghost of Sparta, though, now that I think about it...).

[quote name='Ceol_CAG']I nabbed a few titles for PS3 at my Sony store that I haven't seen listed yet, so I figured I'd contribute! :)

Dragon Age II $9.97
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (not Ultimate) $9.97
Dark Souls $14.97

Also got MGS4 for ten bucks, and I saw a Resistance 2 Collector's Edition for $14.97 as well. A friend of mine told me they had Sonic Generations for $20, but I didn't see any.

There were lots of great PSP prices, too, but I don't have a PSP. My roommate got Dissidia 012 for $9.97, for example, and I saw Chains of Olympus for $4.97 (I think it was CoO... might have been Ghost of Sparta, though, now that I think about it...).[/QUOTE]
My store has Sonic Generations. It was still stickered @ 30 when I went in on Saturday. Maybe I should try again.

Got bored and went to the Costa Mesa store today. Had a bunch of titles all prices same as canoga park store and what OP listed. Also had mod nation for 19.99 not sure if that was listed or not. I picked up mod nation and Wipeout at Target Sepulveda in Sherman Oaks for $15 (mod) $20(wipeout) a few weeks back.

Also on a side note I was in frys today and they had all UMD movies for $2.50. I didn't really stop and look but seemed like there was a bunch available @ Anaheim store.

[quote name='kygad']I hit up the store in Canoga park the other day. umvc3 Vita was 29.99 Others seemed correct from what is listed here and I picked up Gran Tourism 5 XL for 19.99. Bought it at BB a few weeks ago for $40 so I took my copy and got my $40 back. Was also told if you buy a Vita you get the 4gb starter pack free. Frys is offering two games though so that's a better route IMO. I have a 8GB card and it fills up fast. Wish I would've immediately sprung for the 32.[/QUOTE]

Did you happen to notice any copies of MGS4 at the Canoga Park store?

PS3
Medieval Moves Deadmund's Quest 14.97
MLB09 The Show 2.97

PSP
God of War Ghost of Sparta 9.97
Gran Turismo 14.97
Iron Man 2 9.97
The Warriors 4.97
UMD Double Pack Patapon + Loco Roco 9.97
UMD Double Pack Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee + Hot Shots Golf: Get a Grip 9.97

[quote name='kickyea']Did you happen to notice any copies of MGS4 at the Canoga Park store?[/QUOTE]

I just went back there (still in mall actually) I looked but couldn't find mgs4. I did see fight night champ for 19.99 brink 4.95 & I bought shinobido 2 for 19.99 (only one copy left) tons of others too but those are some I remember

[quote name='kygad']I just went back there (still in mall actually) I looked but couldn't find mgs4. I did see fight night champ for 19.99 brink 4.95 & I bought shinobido 2 for 19.99 (only one copy left) tons of others too but those are some I remember[/QUOTE]

Dang, thanks for checking!

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but at the Dolphin Mall Sony Store in Miami, FL, I saw

Soulcalibur V for 19.99
The Darkness 2 19.99.

[quote name='strait edge follower']How is luminus like ? Hows the gameplay ? Ive been wanting to boost my vita libary and with these sales/price drops at some retailers recently Its the perfect time ![/QUOTE]

You should be able to download a demo, either of the vita version or the xbl/psn version. They're all fundamentally the same but the vita has a couple of new powerups during gameplay.

[quote name='strait edge follower']How is luminus like ? Hows the gameplay ? Ive been wanting to boost my vita libary and with these sales/price drops at some retailers recently Its the perfect time ![/QUOTE]

I love Lumines on the Vita. Just be prepared to be taping the back touch pad a lot during gameplay. I would DL the demo and see what you think.

[quote name='DeathMoJo']Sorry to sound like a broken record or posted before but was at the Fashion Valley store in San Diego today and they had a good majority of all the PS Vita games in-stock with good quantities. Every game had at least 8-10 copies except for Touch my Katamari which only had 2. I picked up Lumines.[/QUOTE]

I was just there as well on Monday. Picked up Lumines, Army Corps of Hell, and Blazblue. Thought about picking up Katamari but didn't.

I also stopped by the Sony Store in Las Vegas. If i remember correctly, they only had three games available at discounted prices, whereas in San Diego they had around eight.

[quote name='infini2001']Well, it was $39.99 at my Sony Store.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Tag says $19.xx but it ranged up for $39.99.

[quote name='Bumslie']I love Lumines on the Vita. Just be prepared to be taping the back touch pad a lot during gameplay. I would DL the demo and see what you think.[/QUOTE]

I just played the demo and i absolutly love it ! 19.99 is a great price point for this game :)

If anyone can pick me up UMvC3 for Vita and ship it to me, that'd be cool. Otherwise I'll stop by the Sony Store when I'm in Orange County and grab one. :)

[quote name='Rhl']If anyone can pick me up UMvC3 for Vita and ship it to me, that'd be cool. Otherwise I'll stop by the Sony Store when I'm in Orange County and grab one. :)[/QUOTE]

It's $30 plus California tax which means it would be $33 out the door, not including the couple of bucks it will cost to ship plus a bubble envelope and packing supplies. That doesn't even cover the gas to the Sony Store or the gas to the post office. Why would you ask someone to go to all the hassle of sending a copy to you when you can just buy from Amazon for literally a buck or two more?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I saw Army Corps of Hell there yesterday (one at Tysons Corner Center). I just could not make up my mind on it. I did purchase a PSP case cheap there.[/QUOTE]

Saw all psp batteries, cases and chargers/power chords on clearance ($4.95 each).

[quote name='11anthony']Same here. Tag says $19.xx but it ranged up for $39.99.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i think I just got lucky. It rang 39 but all tags said 19 so they changed the price. Since returning yesterday I noticed xl is now tagged at 39 original is 19. Must of been a misunderstanding with the pricing list.

Also saw this deal at South Coast Plaza today. Thought about getting the Uncharted 3 collector edition, considering I could drop my current copy of UC3 to Best Buy for around $25, making it effectively $25 for a bunch of stuff. Ultimately decided that while the ring and belt buckle are cool, it would be hard to wear them and not look like a dork wad. The statue looks cool, but not $25 cool. I walked out of the store with Darkness 2 LE for $20. Some not terrible deals on games there.

Sorry, this was in response to the $50 UC3 collector edition thread which I thought I was on. The one with the $200 3D monitor. Where am I? What's going on?

[quote name='brianace']Also saw this deal at South Coast Plaza today. Thought about getting the Uncharted 3 collector edition, considering I could drop my current copy of UC3 to Best Buy for around $25, making it effectively $25 for a bunch of stuff. Ultimately decided that while the ring and belt buckle are cool, it would be hard to wear them and not look like a dork wad. The statue looks cool, but not $25 cool. I walked out of the store with Darkness 2 LE for $20. Some not terrible deals on games there.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much the same reason why I walked out without picking it up. I already have the vanilla copy. The extra stuff just didn't worth $25-$30 to me.

Just a heads up those in San Diego, CA. The Fashion Valley store still has a ton of the Vita games that are marked down to $19.97. Rayman is marked down to $34.97, only $5 but i bet it will drop further.

They also still had some of the Move bundles that were all marked down.

bread's done
Back