PS2 games are 75% off at Gamestop

Raiders4life

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I don't know if anyone has made a thread yet but they have all PS2 games for 75% off

oFMNIRp.jpg

Got this haul for $25 :)

I've been pretty lucky as it dosen't seem people are going to the Gamestop's near me. So I've gotten some gems and still have some more I can get. Only Legendia was complete. I printed out the covers at Kinkos for the rest.

What game is that to the right of Fatal Frame 2

Snagged some goodies today. A lot of stuff they didn't have on the site was actually in-store. Gonna raid the other ones soon too and see what I find. They had a nice printed out list for me to look through and the guy just picked them out of the cabinet as I called for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
If any of you guys plan on doing some long distance driving to pick up some stuff, make sure to call.  Had a list of 25 games still showing on the locator for a store 45mi away and apparently they had just shipped theirs out to Louisiana.  From what I understand, a lot of the stores in the Tampa area are going to be shipping their PS2 games out of state in the next few weeks. 

If any of you guys plan on doing some long distance driving to pick up some stuff, make sure to call. Had a list of 25 games still showing on the locator for a store 45mi away and apparently they had just shipped theirs out to Louisiana. From what I understand, a lot of the stores in the Tampa area are going to be shipping their PS2 games out of state in the next few weeks.
If you're going to call ahead, I suggest only asking if they still have PS2 games rather then asking for specific titles. Tipping the store off that they still have rare and valuable titles is a good way to queue a shady employee to cherry pick something you might want.

so anyone know what stores even have anything left in north east ohio besides streetsboro?

I'm not really looking for anything in particular. though it would be nice if i could find klonoa and spyro.

If you're going to call ahead, I suggest only asking if they still have PS2 games rather then asking for specific titles. Tipping the store off that they still have rare and valuable titles is a good way to queue a shady employee to cherry pick something you might want.
Yep. This is what I did before making a trip earlier this week. While ringing up Mana Khemia, he looks at it and says "that's what this is? If I had only known!" I probably would have missed out if I called and asked for it.

Also the stock checker locally is jacked, stores that no longer have PS2 are showing up with games. It's best just to confirm they still have stuff and then show up and search. It's a crapshoot but it could pay off.

If any of you guys plan on doing some long distance driving to pick up some stuff, make sure to call. Had a list of 25 games still showing on the locator for a store 45mi away and apparently they had just shipped theirs out to Louisiana. From what I understand, a lot of the stores in the Tampa area are going to be shipping their PS2 games out of state in the next few weeks.
There was a good chance that dude was lying and didn't know where they were or didn't want to get them. I can't explain to you how many stores would say they didn't have any PS2 games until I insisted that there were 30 games in the store right now. Ask them to see if they have one of the games on your list in stock (or better yet 5 games). What I like to do is first thing I ask for is a list of PS2 games in stock. Often they will be like it's 500 items this will take forever. Tell them you'll wait. The real trick to finding games is time to sort through all those sleeves. Also don't take no for an answer... ready go back to the one gamestop that told me "I work here we don't got any PS2 games".... Still have Fatal Frame 3 and Kingdom Hearts 2 showing in the locator 2 weeks later... yea they got PS2 games.

Yep, some of the employees flat out lie about not having PS2 games because they would rather text on their phones instead of going in the back and looking for the discs.

Last edited:
Oddly enough, my Gamestop was the exact opposite.  They'd go out of their way to look up anything PS2-related I asked about, just because they knew I might be the only hope to actually get them out of the store and that I would actually do something with them.  The day after the below-$3.99 games were pulled in my area, they had stacks of discs in the back to ship out to a warehouse.  I came in and asked if they still had them or not, and the guy took me to the back, grabbed my list, and went through each pile looking for an ungodly number of 9¢ titles.

I'm having bad luck finding these ps2 games.  I went to three Gamestop shops and all three told me, they shipped games to specific location.  I called this specific Gamestop location from Gamestop employee’s advice.  They said shipped all ps2 games to another place, but their inventory still have all the games.   I’m confused…….

I guess I'm lucky that the two Gamestop locations that I frequent most have the main manager working when I visit. Managers have one goal; make sales. They'll usually go out of their way to accommodate in searching for an item you might want. 

The peon part-timers are the ones that you gotta worry about. Their main goal is to do as little work as possible. Some will even lie to customers rather doing any work, or prevent customers from buying an item because they want it themselves.

There was a good chance that dude was lying and didn't know where they were or didn't want to get them.
The store closest to me packed up all 1,400 games they had and pointed at the shipping boxes. Another store by me was packing up the last stack when I picked up my Bravely Default. The same thing happened with a lot of these stores that had GC games and shipped them out. It took about 4 months after stores in Tampa shipped out their GC games to other stores before they dropped off the locator.

I don't suppose you know which store in Louisiana do you?
I didnt really look to see what addresses were on the labels. The stores by me were picked pretty clean except for a few SMT & MVC2's.

I tested all games I've bought through the intro, and then boot up and play for a few mins. Most I can do at that point.

There was only one store within 100 miles of me that had a copy. I called and asked if they had it. The employee was like "Uh.... yeah, you called earlier about it, we told you we had it. It's right here in my hand." I was confused for a second, because I didn't call. Then the employee was like "You called an hour ago and asked if we could to a store transfer and you told me you'd find your store's number and call us back, so I know where to send it" Then I immediately realized what was going on. Another caller must have been looking for the same game. So I played along and was like "Oh, right right, no that was my brother that called. But anyway, my store's number is _____" and the employee was like "Ok, cool, I'll ship it on out tomorrow morning."

Don't know if that other guy ever called back looking for it. It was kind of a dick move, but hey, he waited too long. Snooze ya lose.
i hate you...

^^ Nice score ! Everyone is sleeping on Cold Winter for 50 cents.

Also Working Designs for the win ! (Growlanser Generations and GunGriffon Blaze)

Pretty sure I'm done with this sale at this point

CIB
Max Payne $0.67 (GH)
Crimson Tears FREE
icon_biggrin.gif

Are You Smarter then a 5th Grader $0.67
Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter FREE
RTX Red Rock FREE
Technic Beat FREE
Sled Storm FREE
Tiger Woods 2003 FREE
Tiger Woods 2006 FREE
NFL Game Day 2003 FREE
Madden 2002 FREE
Madden 2003 FREE
Madden 2005 FREE
Madden 2006 FREE
Madden 2007 FREE
NBA 2K5 FREE
NFL 2K5 FREE
NHL 2003 FREE
NHL 2007 FREE
NHRA Championship Drag Racing FREE
Eye Toy: Groove FREE
Friends Trivia FREE

Disc only

Tales of the Abyss $5.63
Silent Hill Origins $4.50
Fatal Frame $4.50 (Had box and instructions already
icon_biggrin.gif
)
Champions of Norrath $2.93
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition $2.25

RPG Maker 3 $2.25
Dynasty Warriors 5 Xtreme Legends $2.25 (Ended up being Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires ?)
Suikoden 4 $2.25
Mega Man X Command Mission $1.35
Seven Samurai 20XX $1.35
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles $1.35
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus $1.80
Arc the Lad: End of Darkness $0.90
Gradius III & IV $0.67
Monster Rancher 3 $1.80
Bujingai: The Forsaken City $0.67
Magic Pengel $0.45
Victorious Boxers $0.45
Micro Machines FREE
Stuntman FREE
State of Emergency FREE
Madden 2001 FREE
Mister Mosquito $0.45

Serious Sam: The Next Encounter FREE
Swing Away Golf FREE
IHRA Drag Racing 2 FREE
Williams Pinball Hall of Fame $0.67
Simpsons Road Rage $0.67
Da Vinci Code FREE (includes instructions)
Pipe Mania FREE
Eye Toy: Play 2 FREE
How'd you get FREE games?!

How'd you get FREE games?!
If you can find any of the games I listed FREE on the shelf just take it to the register and it will ring up as $0.00. (They are $0.02 but with 75% off it makes it half a cent, and since they don't use half cent it just rounds down to zero.) If you can get them to print out a list of games they have in stock there should be a price in the next column. Anything that says $0.02 will end up being free. Just be careful sometimes they will act like they can't sell it or have to throw it away or some shit. To prevent this just do what you would always do, grab some games that cost money and mix them in. Return the games you paid for later if need be.

If you can find any of the games I listed FREE on the shelf just take it to the register and it will ring up as $0.00. (They are $0.02 but with 75% off it makes it half a cent, and since they don't use half cent it just rounds down to zero.) If you can get them to print out a list of games they have in stock there should be a price in the next column. Anything that says $0.02 will end up being free. Just be careful sometimes they will act like they can't sell it or have to throw it away or some shit. To prevent this just do what you would always do, grab some games that cost money and mix them in. Return the games you paid for later if need be.
Thanks! I might check it out.
I actually have a HUGE stash From their first ps2 sale push when they were
5 for $1; basically .20 cents each! But might check into some of these.

This is perfect for people who haven't done the Radioshack trade in deal yet!!

Went to the one store in Austin that seems to have PS2 games.

Went through about 5 boxes of games, about half of which were Dance/Music/Singing/Sports.  

Found Warriors Orochi for $2.50, so there we go.

Well, it may be a little late at this point, but I have plenty of extra discs that I have picked up that I would be willing to trade or sell:

Kingdom Hearts (Black label non-GH)

Soul Nomad

Godzilla Unleashed

Capcom vs SNK 2

SNK Arcade Classics

RPG Maker 3

Culdcept

Nobunaga's Ambition: Rise to Power

NeoGeo Battle Coliseum

Silpheed

Activision Anthology

Chaos Wars

Capcom Classics Collection

Front Mission 4

Full Metal Alchemist and the Broken Angel

History Channel Civil War

History Channel Civil War: Secret Missions

King of Fighters Maximum Impact

Marvel Ultimate Alliance Special Edition (with bonus disc)

Maximo

Lumines Plus

Rygar

Dynasty Warriors 2

Viewtiful Joe

Naruto Ultimate Ninja

World Championship Poker 2

Project Eden

Puzzle Challenge Crosswords

Taiko Drum Master

Future Tactics

Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution

Robotech Battlecry

Giants Citizen Kabuto

Ring of Red

Future Tactics

Nightmare of Druaga

Carmen Sandiego

I found some other gems, too, but those are the ones I'm willing to part with.

Ps2 games I'm looking for are:

Steambot Chronicles

Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII

Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI

Gradius III & IV
Gradius V
Rez
Atelier Iris 3
MS Saga
Metal Saga
Romancing Saga
Nobunaga Iron Triangle
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Soul Calibur III
King of Fighters 2002/2003
Robot Alchemic Drive
Guitar Hero Metallica
Gitaroo Man
Mega Man X8
Psychonauts
Klonoa 2
Frequency
R-Type Final

I apologize if I shouldn't be posting this here at this point, but send me a PM If you're interested in something.

After calling the 25+ stores in my area I have located 8 stores that still carry PS2 games. Looks like that is what i'll be doing after work tomorrow.

I'm having bad luck finding these ps2 games. I went to three Gamestop shops and all three told me, they shipped games to specific location. I called this specific Gamestop location from Gamestop employee’s advice. They said shipped all ps2 games to another place, but their inventory still have all the games. I’m confused…….
Stores are actually doing inventory right now so that could be why. I'm only a GA so I don't know the specifics but it's possible you may have JUST missed out. We had to turn away a guy's return of his system because he had a disc stuck in it and it would have been sent away and therefor forever lost.

So I've been doing a little bit of late game snooping for any good scraps. Not a lot of RPGs. Here's what I picked up across 5 stores:

Ape Escape: Pumped and Primed - disc only

Burnout Revenge - disc only

Digital Devil Saga - disc and manual - for trade!

Ico - complete, excellent condition - for trade! 

Lifeline - disc

Phantom Brave - for trade!

Ribbit King - 2 discs

Silent Hill 3 - disc only - maybe trade

Sly 2 - disc

Sonic Mega Collection Plus - disc

Urban Reign - disc

War of the Monsters - disc

I will have to wait til after monday... had an interview wednesday & the result is suppose to be determined by monday... if i get the job, i may withdraw some money to buy a few ds games that caught my eyes, as for the PS2 games they had at the specific GS: most were Guitar Heroes or Rockband....

I will have to wait til after monday... had an interview wednesday & the result is suppose to be determined by monday... if i get the job, i may withdraw some money to buy a few ds games that caught my eyes, as for the PS2 games they had at the specific GS: most were Guitar Heroes or Rockband....
Good luck! What job?

Stopped by Gamestop to grab some cheap PS2 games today. For just under $16.00 I grabbed:

Winback Covert Operations

Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness

Time Crisis 3

Time Crisis Crisis Zone

The Thing

Star Wars Episode I Racer Revenge

Ratchet Deadlocked

P.T.O. IV

Naval Ops Commander

Lifeline

Jak X Combat Racing

Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Evergrace

Deus Ex

Armored Core Last Raven

Pretty happy with it since PTO IV is worth more than I spent for all

Got a small haul yesterday, will post mine in full later. Yesterday I ended up getting:
Ace Combat V
Ace Combat 0
Under The Skin
The Thing
Motorstorm Artic Edge
Indiana Jones Emperors Tomb
The Punisher

The Punisher ended up not working as it has a ton of scratches. Might also be that I need to clean my PS2s laser. Still, does anyone know if GameStop still fixes discs? I'd do it for The Punisher since I heard its a great game and I'm a big Marvel fan. Guess I'll be trying toothpaste, it was so cheap I don't think it's worth a trip to return it.

Mana Khemia 2 is worth real money?
Huh, I guess it is - looking on ebay, a disk-only copy sold on Monday for $35, and I don't see another one listed right now (cheapest US version listed is a complete copy for $60). I've had the LE of that one since it came out, glad I picked it up back then & hung onto it. :)

I bought about 50 games a few days ago. I got a few copies for a few of the better games. Tomorrow I'm going to hit up another one. Pretty descent though.

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven

Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero

Soul Calibur 2

Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3

Onimushi 2: Samurai's Destiny

Red Faction

Onimusha Warlords

Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles 2

Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2

Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Bujingal: The Forsaken City

Final Fantasy XII

Eureka Seven Vol 1

Warriors Orochi

Syphon Filter: Omega Strain

Rise of the Kasai

Ratchet and clank size matters

Virtual On Marz

Viewtiful Joe 2

Smugglers Run 2

Tekken 4

Twisted Metal Black

Time Crisis 3

Taiko Drum Master

Mark Of Kri

Lethal Skies: Elite Pilot Team

Yu Yu Hakusho: Dark Tournament

Yugioh: Duelist of the Rose

XIII

Hitman Contracts

Grand Theft Auto 3

Armored Core 3

Armored Core Silent Line

Wallace and Gromit: Were Rabbit

Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift

Psi Ops

Pirates: Legend Of Black Cat

Soul Calibur 3

Urban Reign

Dragon Ball Z budokai

Under the Skin

Dr. Muto

Legend of the Dragon

Huh, I guess it is - looking on ebay, a disk-only copy sold on Monday for $35, and I don't see another one listed right now (cheapest US version listed is a complete copy for $60). I've had the LE of that one since it came out, glad I picked it up back then & hung onto it. :)
$45 disc only on AZ, $50 w/original case.

bread's done
Back