PS2 Killzone demo : 1 cent at Circuit City (ymmv?)

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Got a PS2 Killzone demo for one cent at Circuit City, it was even marked with a 0.01 pricetag. There were a bunch of them, next to the counter, along with the jampacks and Exhibition disks etc. Pretty cool, and according to the cover, this is only available at CC. And it comes in a standard game case if you just want to stock up on cases!

Yeah these were supposed to be free with pre-ordering or reserving Killzone at CC. I played the beta, but I still want this demo, I'll check my CC tomorrow for it.

I found copies of Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance as a promo copy for .01. Looks like the full version. They were even marked as a penny.

MK and Killzone?! I wonder what other demos there are at CC, BB or even Fry's. I hope there will be demos for MGS and GT4 for a penny too soon.

[quote name='roguejedi5']MK and Killzone?! I wonder what other demos there are at CC, BB or even Fry's. I hope there will be demos for MGS and GT4 for a penny too soon.[/quote]

MK looks like a full version Platinum Hits, not a demo.They call it a promotional copy.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Cool..I'll have to check this one out. I really want to play it. It sounds better than Halo, if you ask me.[/quote]

trust me, I was a beta tester... this game is utter crap, stay FAR from it

[quote name='davczar'][quote name='roguejedi5']MK and Killzone?! I wonder what other demos there are at CC, BB or even Fry's. I hope there will be demos for MGS and GT4 for a penny too soon.[/quote]

MK looks like a full version Platinum Hits, not a demo.They call it a promotional copy.[/quote]

It is the full version, it was bundled with ps-ops originally, and you were lucky to find it separately.

Regarding the Killzone demo, I stumbled across it tonight as well, but they wouldn't let me buy it without pre-ordering the game. Hopefully there will still be some left after the game gets released.

The demo isn't online, and I hear that the game is crap. I'm sure people who only own a PS2 will enjoy it though..multiconsole gamers will probably overlook it and wait for Halo 2. Killzone is scheduled for release a week before Halo 2...

I got some of these last night for a penny at one of my CC's. I didn't preorder anything, but I bought a few $5 games they had left there. I haven't played the demo yet, but for a penny it is worth having I think. Just try to find a stupid checkout person and they won't notice that it says PREORDER really big on the front....I just put them in with my stack of games and the cashier didn't even say anything. I was at least expecting them to say "wow, those were cheap", but they just rang me up and said " thanks, have a nice day"

[quote name='help1'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Cool..I'll have to check this one out. I really want to play it. It sounds better than Halo, if you ask me.[/quote]

trust me, I was a beta tester... this game is utter crap, stay FAR from it[/quote]

I tested this too, and yes it had problems. But the thing is, that's what beta tests are for, working out the bugs. The devs made massive changes to the game based upon our input. So really there's no reason to judge this game yet, the full version has not been released.

[quote name='help1'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Cool..I'll have to check this one out. I really want to play it. It sounds better than Halo, if you ask me.[/quote]

trust me, I was a beta tester... this game is utter crap, stay FAR from it[/quote] Thats funny considering its from this guy with two halo pics. You're obviously a halo fanboy. Can I have an opinion from someone who played the demo and doesnt put pics of halo as their sig? Why should I stay away from it? Is it not worth a penny? :roll: :imwithst: :rofl:

[quote name='CrimsonGeist'][quote name='help1'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Cool..I'll have to check this one out. I really want to play it. It sounds better than Halo, if you ask me.[/quote]

trust me, I was a beta tester... this game is utter crap, stay FAR from it[/quote] Thats funny considering its from this guy with two halo pics. You're obviously a halo fanboy. Can I have an opinion from someone who played the demo and doesnt put pics of halo as their sig?[/quote]

I will go play it in a few minutes and let you know what I think after I give it a fair chance..I was really enjoying Burnout 3 on xbox, but I will switch over to my PS2 and give it a try....

[quote name='sm04as'][quote name='Goodtone']Look at this guy trying to sell it on ebay for $18 + shipping. Someone will prolly buy it. At least you can see a picture of what it looks like.:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8136094136&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW[/quote]

Wow...my CC must have been really lucky to get 10+ copies.[/quote]

You can't always believe what people say on ebay. They will tell you ANYTHING to try to get you to buy something...My CC had 12 of them so he's just saying it's "rare" to make someone buy it. How does he know how many all the CC's are getting anyways?

trust me, I was a beta tester... this game is utter crap, stay FAR from it[/quote]

I concur. All I could take was a few hours of this Beta. I did give them feedback. I had more fun with the Monster Hunter Beta and Monster Hunter is far from a great game.

Lately I've found that the common man just so happens to be border-line retarded, as such %90 of these reviews happen to come from fucking idiots. Now I'm not saying you're a flat-out moron, I'm just saying that there's a 9/10 chance that you are.

In other words: I'll give it a try and give you all a truly EDUCATED guess as to how good it is. Till then sit back and don't panic. ;)

[quote name='Goodtone'][quote name='sm04as'][quote name='Goodtone']Look at this guy trying to sell it on ebay for $18 + shipping. Someone will prolly buy it. At least you can see a picture of what it looks like.:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8136094136&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW[/quote]

Wow...my CC must have been really lucky to get 10+ copies.[/quote]

You can't always believe what people say on ebay. They will tell you ANYTHING to try to get you to buy something...My CC had 12 of them so he's just saying it's "rare" to make someone buy it. How does he know how many all the CC's are getting anyways?[/quote]

Hehe, that was my attempt at sarcasm. :eek:

Everything in his description is meant to try and promote his auction.

If someone with a fair amount of CAG feedback picks up some extras I wouldn't mind paying shipping + some extra for the Killzone demo via paypal. Just shoot me a PM.

These are supposed to be for pre-orders but when you scan them the pre-order option doesn't come up and it shows they're available for a .01. So if you want to pre-order it you can't-at least not yet. I just love my employer-they're the BEST!!!

Just a heads up to anyone who might be running out to a CC in the next few days, alot of the stores do not have the demoes yet. I work at a CC near Tampa, FL and we still haven't gotten ours yet. I suppose you could blame it on the delayed shipments caused by all the recent hurricanes, but I got bored and checked the stock of a few other stores on the east coast and they didn't have theirs either. So you might just want to call before you head down.

Cool. Ill be checking there in the next few days. The people that work at my local CC are cool. I know some people have trouble when buying 1 cent games but I was able to go with a friend and get 2 copies of MK: Deadly Alliance for 2 cents.

[quote name='CrimsonGeist'][quote name='help1'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Cool..I'll have to check this one out. I really want to play it. It sounds better than Halo, if you ask me.[/quote]

trust me, I was a beta tester... this game is utter crap, stay FAR from it[/quote] Thats funny considering its from this guy with two halo pics. You're obviously a halo fanboy. Can I have an opinion from someone who played the demo and doesnt put pics of halo as their sig? Why should I stay away from it? Is it not worth a penny? :roll: :imwithst: :rofl:[/quote]

WTF? Okay so I like HALO 2, but before I bought my XBOX, I was hyped about killzone, I was lke this is the HALO for ps2, then my older bro tells me," Hey I got in the beta!!!" So im hyped for 2 more weeks, then I get the game... Now I know its the beta but damn! this game sucks!!! if you dont belive me I have the disc and the beta paper still too

Hmmmm... I played the demo and thought it was pretty decent. It is slightly buggy but most of the bugs are small things that don't really affect the gameplay. I preordered mine at gamerush for practicaly nothing.

[quote name='help1'][quote name='CrimsonGeist'][quote name='help1'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Cool..I'll have to check this one out. I really want to play it. It sounds better than Halo, if you ask me.[/quote]

trust me, I was a beta tester... this game is utter crap, stay FAR from it[/quote] Thats funny considering its from this guy with two halo pics. You're obviously a halo fanboy. Can I have an opinion from someone who played the demo and doesnt put pics of halo as their sig? Why should I stay away from it? Is it not worth a penny? :roll: :imwithst: :rofl:[/quote]

WTF? Okay so I like HALO 2, but before I bought my XBOX, I was hyped about killzone, I was lke this is the HALO for ps2, then my older bro tells me," Hey I got in the beta!!!" So im hyped for 2 more weeks, then I get the game... Now I know its the beta but damn! this game sucks!!! if you dont belive me I have the disc and the beta paper still too[/quote]

You still didn't say why it sucks. Even if it does, for a penny how can you go wrong?

[quote name='dpatel'][quote name='help1'][quote name='CrimsonGeist'][quote name='help1'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Cool..I'll have to check this one out. I really want to play it. It sounds better than Halo, if you ask me.[/quote]

WTF? Okay so I like HALO 2, but before I bought my XBOX, I was hyped about killzone, I was lke this is the HALO for ps2, then my older bro tells me," Hey I got in the beta!!!" So im hyped for 2 more weeks, then I get the game... Now I know its the beta but damn! this game sucks!!! if you dont belive me I have the disc and the beta paper still too[/quote]

You still didn't say why it sucks. Even if it does, for a penny how can you go wrong?[/quote] Lol, yeah man. You dont like halo, you live and breathe halo. "On November 9 I do this to everybody?" It seems like you're counting every day how many days,hours, and minutes are you away from the halo launch. How would you know that was the halo fro ps2 if you didn't have an xbox? What the reviews? . Maybe you are the guy who's giving a bad review to a good game. JUst like some people who gave it on pc a 6. It's obvious you're trying to defend halo. I bet if the guy hadn't wrote that he thought it was better than halo, you wouldnt have critisized it so harshly.

Hit detection is horrid, weapons pick ups are very troublesome, serious lag with crowded rooms, serious delays on weapon items working (explosions etc). They had a HUGE laundry list to work out from the Beta. The demo seems a tad better, but i seriously hope this isnt what they plan to release or they are in serious trouble..

[quote name='KingNES']Hit detection is horrid, weapons pick ups are very troublesome, serious lag with crowded rooms, serious delays on weapon items working (explosions etc). They had a HUGE laundry list to work out from the Beta. The demo seems a tad better, but i seriously hope this isnt what they plan to release or they are in serious trouble..[/quote] Ok, I believe you. You dont seem like a halo fan boy to me. Im going to go to circuit city today and get the demos.

I was also a beta tester, and while there were many bugs in the game, that is what I expect to see in a beta. It wasn't just a server-load test. This game won't be a Halo-killer at all, but I think it will be a good FPS for the PS2. The environments and graphics were really cool, and I think the single-player story will be interesting. My main gripe was that the reloading animations were looooong and automatic. I prefer to reload when the battle is over. The grenade-throwing animation is the best I've seen in a game.

[quote name='speedy05']what versions of MK are going for a penny? the PH XBox version?[/quote]

This was a deal from a few months ago where MK came free with a purchase of Psi-Ops. Some people reported being able to buy just the MK on its own for a penny, but I never found any at my CC. The promo MK will have "Promo copy" or "Not for resale" or something like that on the front of it, but I think they're probably long gone at this point.

[quote name='KingNES']Hit detection is horrid, weapons pick ups are very troublesome, serious lag with crowded rooms, serious delays on weapon items working (explosions etc). They had a HUGE laundry list to work out from the Beta. The demo seems a tad better, but i seriously hope this isnt what they plan to release or they are in serious trouble..[/quote]

lets add, grenades don't do anything, although the screen shaking thigs it willl make you dizzy and the graphics aren't that good... ALSO for any1 who remembers, I used to have a KILLZONE thing in my sginature but after the beta came I was disguisted... also I like halo2, maybe more than you ps2 fanboys but I dont memorize times and days or what ever, hell I don't even knowwhat the hell this ilovebee's thing is... I don't even know the story line cause I just want it for MP online and offline...

oh yeah respawning online was prob the most confusing thing to be in a game and the typing thing was really the only good thing to come out of this game

Its Beta. I played Unreal Tournament 2004 Beta and first thought it sucked with how many bugs it had, the release version was much different.. Its not the final version. So.. dont get carried away wtih your trashing. :roll:

Stopped by my CC today, no copies of the KZ demo unfortunately. But then again it's not like I really expected them to have any, my CC is horrible.

uh if anyone is willing to pick me up one of these (gosh im so late)^.^; i wouldnt mind paying shipping, the price of stamp, an envelope and a penny if you dont mind...i wanna see what all the fuss is about.

while the game did have it's share of probs (alot of them) keep in mind it WAS a BETA. I do understand that, and as the demo stands it is decent and has alot of potential so long as the dev crew handles business and shapes it up seriously. IMO i would not have even released a demo as of yet, I would spend all of my resources working and tweaking the hell outta this bad boy. It has potential out the rear and can be a great ps2 game, HALO killer never (i hate when the media and fanboys run that title around, killer this an that, it's sad) but it can be a great fps for the ps2 and as it stands we need one. I love fps games now, games like halo, XIII, MOH and others (i am a late fps bloomer) have made it so, and with all the hype KZ has had it would be sad to see it fall by the fps wayside.. We need all we can get for the genre as a whole.

[quote name='dinovelvet'][quote name='speedy05']what versions of MK are going for a penny? the PH XBox version?[/quote]

This was a deal from a few months ago where MK came free with a purchase of Psi-Ops. Some people reported being able to buy just the MK on its own for a penny, but I never found any at my CC. The promo MK will have "Promo copy" or "Not for resale" or something like that on the front of it, but I think they're probably long gone at this point.[/quote]

ok, thanks.

I saw no Killzone demo at Circuit City. I did hear the employees talking about it, but I left as quick as I could because they were annoying me. I'm going to check a few other CC because I badly want to try Killzone, although I'm not much of a FPS fan.

I couldn't pick up a copy of KZ Demo at my CC because they said the offer is still valid.

They said I could buy them for a penny only after the offer is over and if they are still on the shelf.

I played the demo and it was just "ok". Nothing spectacular........If the full version comes down to $19.99 or less in a few months/weeks I would consider buying it, but I would only pay full price for Half-Life 2, Doom 3, or Halo2. This one is about a 7 in my opinion, and that is being very nice in the rating.

bread's done
Back