(PS2) Mega Man X Collection $9.99 on Amazon.com!

I bought it a couple months ago at that price I think, or more.

You guys should buy it, X ,X2,X3 are all classics, the rest are ok and fun to play.

Hmmmm might get one more to keep

If only my slim had backwards compatibility, I'd jump on this right now! But alas, $10 +$100 for a ps2 isn't worth it, despite how great x-x3 were :(

[quote name='Moonlk']oh don't worry, I'm sure they'll make money and put it on ps2 classics . Sigh[/QUOTE]

Maybe it'll follow the $9.99 price model and be cheaper than this deal. It's difficult to get upset over the possibility of a re-release of a reprinted re-release.

So glad, I got the GC version of this years ago. I can't speak on the PS2 quality, but if its close to the GC version, its a buy at that price guys.

[quote name='megacity_olu']So glad, I got the GC version of this years ago. I can't speak on the PS2 quality, but if its close to the GC version, its a buy at that price guys.[/QUOTE]

FYI the GC version is really rare so remember that if u ever look to sell it.

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI the GC version is really rare so remember that if u ever look to sell it.[/QUOTE]

oh really?
checks ebay....
Oh wow. I think I bought my copy for only $29.99 at launch
hahahaha
You know, I would sell it if the Wii VC offered the games for download...but you know...Capcom...

[quote name='megacity_olu']oh really?
checks ebay....
Oh wow. I think I bought my copy for only $29.99 at launch
hahahaha
You know, I would sell it if the Wii VC offered the games for download...but you know...Capcom...[/QUOTE]

X is on there and X2 is coming at some point. X3 probably as well, they're just taking forever.

I really liked X4 as well outside of the poor voice acting, but I don't believe there's been any word of that coming to PSN.

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI the GC version is really rare so remember that if u ever look to sell it.[/QUOTE]

Glad I bought the GCN version when it came out. No idea now why I picked that version now. Must have had something going for it.

I remember playing X back in the day and hearing that you could get Ryu's hadouken move, but the laundry list of things you had to do sounded like a troll tip for April 1st. Turned out they weren't lying and I actually got it. It was silly and didn't really do anything, but I got it god dammit!

[quote name='Jodou']I remember playing X back in the day and hearing that you could get Ryu's hadouken move, but the laundry list of things you had to do sounded like a troll tip for April 1st. Turned out they weren't lying and I actually got it. It was silly and didn't really do anything, but I got it god dammit![/QUOTE]

Uh, the Hadouken was an instant kill shot.

[quote name='megacity_olu']Uh, the Hadouken was an instant kill shot.[/QUOTE]
Was it? But it drained all your energy right? Damn, I don't remember using it on a boss for that.

I think I have the MegaMan, and MegaMan X collection on GC.

[quote name='Prismatico']X is on there and X2 is coming at some point. X3 probably as well, they're just taking forever.[/QUOTE]I hope they take the time to emulate the custom chips found in the original SNES versions of X2 & X3 for the Virtual Console. IIRC they didn't bother to do so in the X collection.

[quote name='Prismatico']I really liked X4 as well outside of the poor voice acting, but I don't believe there's been any word of that coming to PSN.[/QUOTE]Yeah, the voices could be classified in the "so bad, they're good" department. I especially enjoyed playing through X4 with Zero. Once you had a few upgrades for him the game began to feel like a less frustrating version of the NES Ninja Gaiden games.

[quote name='megacity_olu']Uh, the Hadouken was an instant kill shot.[/QUOTE]

Didn't something take two hits to kill even with the hadouken? Or am I remembering wrong?

[quote name='elessar123']Didn't something take two hits to kill even with the hadouken? Or am I remembering wrong?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Instant Kill shot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhL06J5aNqQ&feature=related

Edit: uggh, that youtube won't play here. You gotta go to youtube by clicking it.

That being said:

[quote name='Mako1215']I think I have the MegaMan, and MegaMan X collection on GC.[/QUOTE]

Burn it with fire. If you can get anything decent for that fucking coaster that Capcom/Backbone shit out (hey lets reverse shoot/jump on the GC version and not allow for any button customization. No one will notice anything in the fake play testing that we never did), sell it and buy the VC versions. Yeah, you'll miss seven and eight, but you'll have good playable versions of 1-3.

Yeah, I never forgave Backbone for that. Thank god, Capcom JP handled the port of MMX Collections.

Edit #2: Apparently I was incorrect and should have listed Atomic Planet and not Backbone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I own the PS2 version of this specifically because I like the PS2 controller more for these kinds of games.

Ditto on the developer dropping the ball on the GC version of the original MM collection - that button swap was so boneheaded!

I have the collection on XBOX is MM8 messed up on that version as well? When mega man moves it looks like every pixel in his body is exploding all around him it looks weird.

[quote name='Jodou']I remember playing X back in the day and hearing that you could get Ryu's hadouken move, but the laundry list of things you had to do sounded like a troll tip for April 1st. Turned out they weren't lying and I actually got it. It was silly and didn't really do anything, but I got it god dammit![/QUOTE]

Same boat, man. I really miss things like that in video games.

[quote name='GUNNM']I have the collection on XBOX is MM8 messed up on that version as well? When mega man moves it looks like every pixel in his body is exploding all around him it looks weird.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that a 360 emulation bug?

[quote name='Thrinn']I hope they take the time to emulate the custom chips found in the original SNES versions of X2 & X3 for the Virtual Console. IIRC they didn't bother to do so in the X collection.[/QUOTE]

I doubt X2 would have booted up if they didn't... X3 in collection had no way to use a SNES custom chip, it was built from the 32bit version.

[quote name='CaoPi']bump for price drop awesomeness[/QUOTE]It's showing up at $10.68 for me (shipped from and sold by Amazon), not $9.99. Was that price drop very limited or something?

Eh, the X games were IMHO the road to the end for the Mega Man games; I enjoyed the first and second but everything after that was meh. If you're going to buy a MM collection, the first is leaps and bounds better. The PS2 version is excellent but the XBOX version of the first collection is the most complete because it came out after both the PS2 and GCN versions, and thus included the bonuses offered in both these games. The GCN versions were just unplayable with that controller.

The X games are only for the hardest of the hardcore MM fans (I'm not one of them); some of these games make Contra feel like a regular shooter.

[quote name='romeogbs19']The X games are only for the hardest of the hardcore MM fans (I'm not one of them); some of these games make Contra feel like a regular shooter.[/QUOTE]

What? I liked X and X2 more than most old school ones, minus maybe 2. I'm not a hardcore MM fan at all either.

[quote name='steelcurtain11']I wish I could find Legends, Legends 2, and misadventures of tronne bonne for this price.. :cry:

They'd look good in my collection[/QUOTE]
If you're lucky you can find tron bonne cheap on amazon. I've seen it complete for $70 which is very cheap for that damn game

i didn't think X was that hard, i beat the whole thing with all upgrades but hadouken because it was a pain to try and time the jump just right to reach the capsule.

This was a good deal, but i actually went out of my way and FINALLY signed up for Prime Student just to get free shipping on this. its a great deal, 6 months trial and half prime price when the trial is over.

[quote name='theclaw']I doubt X2 would have booted up if they didn't... X3 in collection had no way to use a SNES custom chip, it was built from the 32bit version.[/QUOTE]

I guess I was thinking of the original Mega Man collection where they didn't bother to emulate the Mode 7 effects in the end of Mega Man 7. Thanks for pointing that out.

guess i'm lucky, i still have an original PS2 from the year it came out (old thick model not those newer skinny ones i could snap in to)

bread's done
Back