PS3 80GB MGS4 Bundle Availibility Tracking

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Recommended: www.wiialerts.com (online tracking route) & www.itrackr.com (in-store tracking route)

Amazon

-PlayStation 3 80 GB Metal Gear Solid 4 Pack - $499.99 IN STOCK!
Free Standard Shipping or Free 2-Day Shipping (Prime Member Only)

DELL

-PS3 Console 80 GB with Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - $449.99 SOLD-OUT!
-PS3 Console 80 GB with Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - $499.99 SOLD-OUT!

Barnes & Noble

-PS3 (80 Gig) Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle - $499.99 SOLD-OUT!
-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Limited Edition with Free Artbook - $84.99 SOLD-OUT!

Circuit City

-Sony 80GB PlayStation 3 Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle - $499.99 Free Shipping! IN-STOCK!
-Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 80GB+DualShock 3 Controller Bundle - $544.98 Free Shipping! IN-STOCK!

EBGame

-Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 80GB Bundle - $499.99 SOLD-OUT!
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71558

-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Limited Edition - $69.99 SOLD-OUT!
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=270209

GameStop

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71558

-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Limited Edition - $69.99 SOLD-OUT!
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=270209

Best Buy

-Metal Gear PlayStation 3 80GB System with Free Official Prima Guide - $499.99 SOLD-OUT!

K-Mart

Costco

-Sony PlayStation® 3 80GB Metal Gear Solid Bundle - $559.99 IN-STOCK!
(with extra Dualshock 3 Controller & HDMI Cable)
-Sony PlayStation® 3 80GB Metal Gear Solid Pack - $569.99 IN-STOCK!
(with extra Dualshock 3 Controller, HDMI Cable & Blu-Ray Remote Control)

Sam's Club

-Metal Gear Solid 4 80GB Bundle - SOLD-OUT!

Target

-Metal Gear Solid 4 80GB Bundle - $499.99 SOLD OUT!

Toys R' Us

-PS3 80GB Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle - $499.99 IN-STOCK!
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3136838&siteID=AsPY6TdlnWs-q4lrC1gIHzpBO.NarvqFtw

SonyStyle

-PS3 (80 Gig) Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle - $499.99 SOLD-OUT!

Wamart

-PlayStation 3 80GB Limited Edition Metal Gear Solid 4 Pack - $499.00 SOLD-OUT!
FREE SITE-TO-STORE PICK-UP

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9864376

Fry's Electronic

-PLAYSTATION®3 Metal Gear Solid 4 Pack - $499.99 IN-STOCK!

NewEgg

-SONY PS3 Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle 80 GB - Retail - $499.99 SOLD-OUT!

SEARS

-Sony PLAYSTATION®3 MGS4 Bundle + 2nd DualShock 3 - $554.98 IN-STOCK!
-Sony PLAYSTATION®3 Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle - $449.99 SOLD-OUT!

eBay

-Metal+Gear+Solid

Last edited by a moderator:
Really doubt this one will last long, but some dude is selling the bundle on eBay for a clear $500 Buy It Now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PS3-Metal-Gear-...yZ139971QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Shipping is calculated.

The guy (dtterry) has a 362 feedback and 100% rating. Only ratings this year were in March and May (1 each), though. So, buyer beware.

And NO, that isn't me -- my eBay name is bound4la. Just happened to be checking out newly listed games with Buy It Now and the system was listed there.

[quote name='Kylearan']Really doubt this one will last long, but some dude is selling the bundle on eBay for a clear $500 Buy It Now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PS3-Metal-Gear-...yZ139971QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Shipping is calculated.

The guy (dtterry) has a 362 feedback and 100% rating. Only ratings this year were in March and May (1 each), though. So, buyer beware.

And NO, that isn't me -- my eBay name is bound4la. Just happened to be checking out newly listed games with Buy It Now and the system was listed there.[/quote]
Seller ended the auction...

Was used anyway.

For those still looking, check your local Toys R Us 6/26. The 2 week hold on all pre-orders end tonight so if they still have them on hold they all should go on sale when they open.

Just purchased mine from SonyStyle, at around 3am Mountain time (don't ask why I was awake). Definitely the place to make sure you get one, if you're willing to wait for the shippage.

Gotta echo the other posters, check your smaller local retailers like Target. I think in all the hype about Wal-Mart's gift card and Best Buy's price matching, a lot of people skipped over them.

Got mine yesterday at a local Target, the bundle + GTAIV for $540 thanks to a friends employee discount. They had four bundles when I went in, but two were being held when I left. If you're in the area, you might find one more at the Target on Imperial Hwy. in Fullerton, California.

have anyone seen any of them at blockbuster? Been calling and all of ones in my area are out. been calling on the day they recieve thier shipment and been coming up empty.

Picked up my 80gig PS3 bundle + GTAIV at my local Target yesterday (6/25) in the Northgate area in Seattle. The small display case below the games had 2 more. Dropped by the Best Buy in the same shopping complex, did a quick perusal and didn't see any available.

Thanks to all who suggested Target!

[quote name='adelgary']I think I'll wait till I can get it tax free for $500 from Amazon. Does Sony Style charge tax? And how long does the shipping take?[/QUOTE]

Yes they charge tax. The total on my purchase came out to a little over $531, but I managed to catch their last day of free shipping on said items over a certain amount, so you may end up spending even more.

Mine finally shipped from the website, and won't arrive till the 1st. So looks like it takes a full week for them to get the system to you.

[quote name='PDJ']Yes they charge tax. The total on my purchase came out to a little over $531, but I managed to catch their last day of free shipping on said items over a certain amount, so you may end up spending even more.

Mine finally shipped from the website, and won't arrive till the 1st. So looks like it takes a full week for them to get the system to you.[/quote]

Thanks for the detailed answer!

I just came back from my local Best Buy, and I was shocked to see the bundle in stock right on the sales floor. They literally had a small mountain of them, probably 30 or 40 just sitting there with nobody paying any attention to them! Anybody in the SF Bay Area it's the store in San Carlos.

I scored mine on launch day at Target, just like many are saying here. Of course, that was after I went to 2 Best Buys and lost out on the last one to the guy who ran in the door right ahead of me! Anyway, I guess the story to be learned is similar to other launch situations - wait a few weeks and things calm down.

Good luck!

if anybody in maryland is looking the glen burnie bb has basically a skid of the 80 gig metal gears for sale. woulda got one if i didnt aready have a 60 and the game.

Wallingford Wal-Mart got about a dozen in.
Maybe this bundle isn't limited after all.

Good deal for those that were stupid/didn't have the money last week for the deal with the $100 gift card.

I hope this increased availability drives eBay prices down soon. It would become a steal with the 10% coupon and Live cashback deal.

I also wish I could get a new or like-new 80GB PS3 for a reasonable price, since I already bought MGS4 and a Dual Shock 3 (playing the game on a borrowed PS3), so I'd rather not pay a premium for the bundled items which I already have. Like someone buying the bundle, keeping the game and the controller and selling the console itself for not much more than $500, wishful thinking?

There were 6 at the Elk Grove Best Buy 30 minutes ago. I was going to buy one, and sell it to one of you guys for cost...but it seemed like too much work.

called up the best buy in West Hollywood.... they said they have many copies available. I asked if i needed to "rreserve to hold", and he's like "there's no need we have enough"

They had 10 in Fry's at Manhattan, CA when i called at 2pm pst. Got there around 2:30pm They had 6 left according to the sales associate. It was caged behind cash registers

Best Buy in South Miami, FL had a stack of roughly 50 MGS4 Bundles out on the central floor today with at least another 50 of the 40 Gb's along with PS2's, GH3's, Rock band's, Etc.

Walmart super center in Beaumont CA, and BB in Beaumont CA both have them. i bought 1 from BB the rep tell they still have a lot back there, and I'm the only one ask for it today. because that BB store them in the back so you will have to ask a rep.

This is great that we're getting reports of more being available. Maybe these aren't as limited as everyone was made to believe...

The only people who have stated that these were limited were the people selling them on eBay. If it were really a limited edition, the box would have some indication, eh? At any rate, now that Sony knows they have a winner on their hands, they'll keep cranking them out. I've seen them at Target a few times, but I think I'll hold on for an E3 price-drop announcement.

[quote name='WhytePanther']The only people who have stated that these were limited were the people selling them on eBay.[/QUOTE]

And Best Buy salespeople who have no clue about anything. I called several best buys only to be told they they were out of stock and not getting any more in because it was a limited edition bundle.

[quote name='WhytePanther']The only people who have stated that these were limited were the people selling them on eBay. If it were really a limited edition, the box would have some indication, eh? At any rate, now that Sony knows they have a winner on their hands, they'll keep cranking them out. I've seen them at Target a few times, but I think I'll hold on for an E3 price-drop announcement.[/quote]

Actually Sony said it was a limited edition. Here's a statement from them I read a few days after the launch posted over at Joystiq.

SCEA statement:

"While we can't provide specifics on inventory levels, the Metal Gear Solid 4 PlayStation 3 bundle is a limited-edition offering that's experiencing high demand from Metal Gear and PlayStation enthusiasts. We're pleased with the strong consumer interest in the bundle and are working to ensure that additional shipments are provided to retailers."

bread's done
Back