PS3 80GB MGS4 Bundle Availibility Tracking

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Recommended: www.wiialerts.com (online tracking route) & www.itrackr.com (in-store tracking route)

Amazon

-PlayStation 3 80 GB Metal Gear Solid 4 Pack - $499.99 IN STOCK!
Free Standard Shipping or Free 2-Day Shipping (Prime Member Only)

DELL

-PS3 Console 80 GB with Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - $449.99 SOLD-OUT!
-PS3 Console 80 GB with Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - $499.99 SOLD-OUT!

Barnes & Noble

-PS3 (80 Gig) Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle - $499.99 SOLD-OUT!
-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Limited Edition with Free Artbook - $84.99 SOLD-OUT!

Circuit City

-Sony 80GB PlayStation 3 Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle - $499.99 Free Shipping! IN-STOCK!
-Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 80GB+DualShock 3 Controller Bundle - $544.98 Free Shipping! IN-STOCK!

EBGame

-Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 80GB Bundle - $499.99 SOLD-OUT!
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71558

-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Limited Edition - $69.99 SOLD-OUT!
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=270209

GameStop

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71558

-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Limited Edition - $69.99 SOLD-OUT!
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=270209

Best Buy

-Metal Gear PlayStation 3 80GB System with Free Official Prima Guide - $499.99 SOLD-OUT!

K-Mart

Costco

-Sony PlayStation® 3 80GB Metal Gear Solid Bundle - $559.99 IN-STOCK!
(with extra Dualshock 3 Controller & HDMI Cable)
-Sony PlayStation® 3 80GB Metal Gear Solid Pack - $569.99 IN-STOCK!
(with extra Dualshock 3 Controller, HDMI Cable & Blu-Ray Remote Control)

Sam's Club

-Metal Gear Solid 4 80GB Bundle - SOLD-OUT!

Target

-Metal Gear Solid 4 80GB Bundle - $499.99 SOLD OUT!

Toys R' Us

-PS3 80GB Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle - $499.99 IN-STOCK!
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3136838&siteID=AsPY6TdlnWs-q4lrC1gIHzpBO.NarvqFtw

SonyStyle

-PS3 (80 Gig) Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle - $499.99 SOLD-OUT!

Wamart

-PlayStation 3 80GB Limited Edition Metal Gear Solid 4 Pack - $499.00 SOLD-OUT!
FREE SITE-TO-STORE PICK-UP

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9864376

Fry's Electronic

-PLAYSTATION®3 Metal Gear Solid 4 Pack - $499.99 IN-STOCK!

NewEgg

-SONY PS3 Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle 80 GB - Retail - $499.99 SOLD-OUT!

SEARS

-Sony PLAYSTATION®3 MGS4 Bundle + 2nd DualShock 3 - $554.98 IN-STOCK!
-Sony PLAYSTATION®3 Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle - $449.99 SOLD-OUT!

eBay

-Metal+Gear+Solid

Last edited by a moderator:
So does anyone have any solid leads on whether or not any retailers are going to get in more shipments of this bundle, and if so which and when?

Zoolert has been sort of wonky, showing Sears as having their bundle with the extra controller in stock online on and off around 6pm, but the Sears page still said out of stock when I checked.

Just got back home, saw that Zoolert is listing it as in stock at Sears again, and Sears page now lists it as in stock as well, but I can't check out with it. Did anyone manage to buy any today or is it just glitchy?

[quote name='ninjameh']Zoolert has been sort of wonky, showing Sears as having their bundle with the extra controller in stock online on and off around 6pm, but the Sears page still said out of stock when I checked.

Just got back home, saw that Zoolert is listing it as in stock at Sears again, and Sears page now lists it as in stock as well, but I can't check out with it. Did anyone manage to buy any today or is it just glitchy?[/QUOTE]

no, it won't let me check out either. It's done this off and on for a few days for me- changing between being listed as in stock or out of stock, but never letting me actually check out with it.

As for the Zoolert wonkiness, I think it's totally Sears' fault, they show it's in stock, and Zoolert goes by what the Sears page says. I'm sure their automated checker doesn't actually try to purchase the item before marking it as 'in stock'.

[quote name='Jebus'] I'm sure their automated checker doesn't actually try to purchase the item before marking it as 'in stock'.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I would expect not - it was just odd because Zoolert was saying "In Stock" on and off before the Sears page switched back to saying "In Stock".

Even odder, I called yesterday afternoon when I had the same problem (item page says in stock, cannot check out) and the rep on the phone said they had 43 that morning, but they'd sold out but the site hadn't been updated yet, etc, and asked if I wanted to be put on the email alert list. I said sure, gave him my email, and (90% sure) also registered it myself online once the website updated to say out of stock. I've yet to get an email alert of restock, however... :whistle2:s

[quote name='ninjameh']Yeah, I would expect not - it was just odd because Zoolert was saying "In Stock" on and off before the Sears page switched back to saying "In Stock".

Even odder, I called yesterday afternoon when I had the same problem (item page says in stock, cannot check out) and the rep on the phone said they had 43 that morning, but they'd sold out but the site hadn't been updated yet, etc, and asked if I wanted to be put on the email alert list. I said sure, gave him my email, and (90% sure) also registered it myself online once the website updated to say out of stock. I've yet to get an email alert of restock, however... :whistle2:s[/quote]

I don't think the email alert is going to work. I signed up for it but never got any notification. I just kept checking the website and was able to eventually get one.

I was able to get one yesterday at my local Best Buy, this Best Buy sold out of all bundles the same day, so it must have been a second shipment that just arrived, I just passed by to pick up a movie and as I walked by the PS3 aisle I saw 3 bundles sitting next to a whole mess of 40GB's, picked one up right away. The cashier was shocked when he saw it, "Do we have any more left?!" etc etc, mentioned about everything selling out at midnight last week. I told him there were only 2 left, and he said he was going to buy one for himself. So if you're in the area you might want to check it out.

This Best Buy is located on Kendall Drive, Miami area.

[quote name='morpheus47']I don't think the email alert is going to work. I signed up for it but never got any notification. I just kept checking the website and was able to eventually get one.[/QUOTE]

That's unfortunate if that's the case, because as obsessively as I'm checking the websites (and calling stores, and refreshing this thread...) I'm not spending every waking minute doing that, so if the bundles sell out in a matter of minutes I'll probably miss them. Chances are slightly better that i'll notice an email and catch it in time (if the email notification itself was timely, that is), but that slight difference might be enough.

I was at one of the local 4th&Q walmart yesterday, they had 2 in stock. I kind of wonder if the local WallyMarts held them back until the GC promotion was over.

The Walmart thing has become quite weird. Their online locator has stopped listing a majority of stores in my area when looking for the bundle, where searching other items, like say the 40GB PS3 shows all the stores. Does this mean they really aren't planning to restock? Has ANYONE seen an official word as to how long these are supposed to be available?

Same thing here (DC area) with the Walmart stock tracking, but when I called one of the stores not on the list for the bundle anymore the rep said to try checking back again. No clue what this means, if anything. Doesn't seem like anyone around here has received more stock, and according to a Circuit City sales rep I talked to, the bundles are being drop-shipped to stores and they don't know when the stock they expect will arrive.

Nobody I've talked to has said that they aren't expecting stock in, but they haven't told me "We're getting X in on Y," either.

[quote name='ninjameh']Same thing here (DC area) with the Walmart stock tracking, but when I called one of the stores not on the list for the bundle anymore the rep said to try checking back again. No clue what this means, if anything. Doesn't seem like anyone around here has received more stock, and according to a Circuit City sales rep I talked to, the bundles are being drop-shipped to stores and they don't know when the stock they expect will arrive.

Nobody I've talked to has said that they aren't expecting stock in, but they haven't told me "We're getting X in on Y," either.[/quote]

This is where I have a dilemma. Should I buy the bundle now since it's still in stock locally or should I wait for walmart to reload and purchase at a discount?

I've driven to or called over 30 stores in the Southeast Michigan area (including Toledo, Ohio) and I've found nothing. I would say, pick one up if you can. I have $100 credit at Gamestop right now, but as soon as I find one I'm buying it, no matter what store its at.

sucks for me, I just need to replace my current PS3 with the only 80 gig left for purchase since the disc drive just went to Hades. I guess it could be a while.

I just missed the stock at Sears this morning, it seems... got to the last stage of checkout only to be told they were out of stock again. Just my luck.

Maybe it's just as well though, since they were charging me tax.

Alright, so can someone confirm or give me some information as to how this bundle fits into the PS3 line? Are these going to be the only 80gb bundles available until Sony releases another huge game? Or will they start selling 80gb bundles by themselves?

I think many people want to know. I've personally gotten rundowns such as "120 gig is coming out", "the mgs bundle was limited", and "we dont know when we're getting in but we have 66 on order"

Rumor has it that for launch, Sony only released 70,000 bundles. But according to Joystiq.com shortly after, a rep from Sony said they will be supplying more bundles to stores. They would not say when though. If you go to the CC forums, there is a customer service rep who said that CC doesnt know when they'll be getting in theirs. And even if he did know when, he can't release the info (for obvious reasons).

If you don't care about backward-compatibility, you can get the 40 GB and install a larger HD in it.

I'm sure once people find out what's going on, we will all know and post is here. So we just have to hang tight. Best bet for the time being is just to call every single day and inquire about it (hint: find out when they receive shipments and call that day or the day after).

Dropped by Target today in San Jose and they had 2 of these bundled packs. Just giving a heads up in the Bay Area and see if any other Targets got some. According to the sales rep, they only got 3 systems in.

--Michael

Did anyone who ordered last week from SEARS actually get theirs yet?

My shipping status finally updated today to this:

SALT LAKE CITY,
UT, US 06/23/2008 10:59 A.M. FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY
US 06/18/2008 9:15 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
I have no idea what this means and the page says an exception occurred on my shipping. I tried calling UPS but their system is automated and I could not find a way to talk to a human.

SEARS charged my credit card and its been a week since my order went through.

[quote name='Civickid96']Dropped by Target today in San Jose and they had 2 of these bundled packs. Just giving a heads up in the Bay Area and see if any other Targets got some. According to the sales rep, they only got 3 systems in.

--Michael[/QUOTE]

Sunnyvale location? Town and Country (demolished)? If not, which SJ location? TIA!

[quote name='bluemax']Did anyone who ordered last week from SEARS actually get theirs yet?

I have no idea what this means and the page says an exception occurred on my shipping. I tried calling UPS but their system is automated and I could not find a way to talk to a human.

SEARS charged my credit card and its been a week since my order went through.[/quote]

Well they've now changed my status from that to this:

SALT LAKE CITY,UT, US
06/23/2008 11:13 A.M. ORIGIN SCAN

And the exception has changed to IN TRANSIT. Looks like its on its way finally.

I called or stopped in over 40 different stores, not joking. Finally found one when I wasn't even looking. I'd, actually, already bought a 40gig from gamestop on my way home from work. Stopped in to my local Target (Westland, Michigan - corner of Middlebelt and Plymouth) to get some component cables because Gamestop was out. They had 2 systems and I drove as fast as I could to the nearest Gamestop to return my 40gig. They still had one left when I was there today around 6:15pm, if anyone is in the area.

[quote name='bluemax']Well they've now changed my status from that to this:

And the exception has changed to IN TRANSIT. Looks like its on its way finally.[/quote]

You're better off than I am. Mine says this:

Shipped To: BROOKLYN, NY, US
Shipped/Billed On: 06/20/2008

[quote name='morpheus47']You're better off than I am. Mine says this:

Shipped/Billed On: 06/20/2008[/quote]

Mine says the same, though Sears.com also says the order was "completed" - which I'm assuming means it was left for UPS to pick up.

So ... someday.

yeah i saw 2-3 bundles at my local target tonight (already own one from launch last week) but im thinking that its a second shipment. so check you local targets maybe?

anyone can tell me where I can get a good bundle with MGS4 for good price in Utah (SLC area)? 80gb is prefer but if 40gb bundle with good deal might be good. I have a sony card i just applied from their sonycard.com site recently iono if it has the 100$ off but w/e anyone wanna let me knwo a good deal for a ps 3 i don't really care about the ps2 sstuff.

I called the guy at Target. They said they have 1. Being @#$^ they would not hold one for me. So I hurried my ass over there. I got there 1 hour later, it got sold. fucking lame.

[quote name='bluemax']Did anyone who ordered last week from SEARS actually get theirs yet?

SEARS charged my credit card and its been a week since my order went through.[/quote]
If you look back in this thread I posted on the 12th (page 2) that I ordered from Sears.com and I received it this past week in perfect condition. I had my doubts initially too, but it went smooth.

I was able to get a really good deal on eBay. I won an auction on a bundle for $590 but i had a 10% off coupon so it brought the price down to $531 with free shipping. That's $4 less than what i would've had to pay in-store. :whee: The guy even threw in the original receipt! Now i wait for the thing to get here. :whistle2:\"

I called up my local Targets and guess what? the guy told me They are all SOLD OUT! All target in the entire UTAH. -_- why does people has to be so damn greedy?

I guess the gaming gods do not want me to have this machine.

First I ordered it on Sony Style only to have it go back ordered, then ordered it on Walmart.com, and same story there. Using the 35% cashback on eBay, I bought one there last Tuesday morning, was told it shipped the day after, and when asked for a tracking number, the seller said they could not get in contact with their "partner". So I have been antsy for almost a week, wondering if/when it will come or if I will ever get the tracking number to calm my fears of not getting the damned thing. I call Walmart today, they said they have one left and I said screw it and arrange to get myself there but before I leave, I call again 30 minutes later only for it to be sold out and later find out everywhere else in this town doesn't have any in stock.

What.the.hell

badramen i know how you feel man. =( i blame the rich ass retired old people that buy just anyting for anyprice as present for their grandkids T.T and benefit those greedy ass mofo T.T. Stores shoulda limited how much a person can buy and shoudla been 1 bundle per ID.

I'm pretty sure the blockbuster I visited in phoenix last week still has the bundle, just a heads up for anyone in the phoenix area.

WTF is wrong with Sony??? They say they want to sell PS3's and they're pulling this shit on people who actually want to buy one??? I've been looking for one here in NorCal but haven't been able to find one.

[quote name='SnatchMan']WTF is wrong with Sony??? They say they want to sell PS3's and they're pulling this shit on people who actually want to buy one??? I've been looking for one here in NorCal but haven't been able to find one.[/quote]

to be fair, they do want to sell PS3s... but mostly the 40 gb version.

a problem with the MGS4 bundle is simply that they don't know how many fans there are of MGS4 that haven't already bought a PS3.

eventually there'll be a point where the bundles won't sell because people aren't willing to pay $500 for the console and they don't like MGS4. they want to sell up to, but NOT PAST that point.

You see one big mistake sony made. Why did they have to make the 40gb so much differnt from other version in the first place? Only 100$ cheaper they took out backward compatibility, less usb port, less features? not worth the 100$ man. They shoulda make more 60Gb version as for how popular it is even for $499 it still good price.

What's funny is you can buy a PS3 40 GB (w/ no BC) for $400 OR get a PS3 80 GB (w/ BC) and a game for $500. So you're spending basically an extra $40 for 40 more GB and backwards compatibility.

It's quite clear which is the better choice WHEN there are 2 different options to choose from. In all th stores that I've called they mentioned that they still have the 40GB if interested. That goes to show you Sony found a good packaged bundle that people like. They don't have to use MGS4. They can even use other games or heck.. even offer the 80GB PS3 for $450, and I bet people would buy it.

I also think they created the 40GB to target a different market. People who wanted a bluray player and could care less about games would probably pick that up.

bread's done
Back