PS3 80GB MGS4 Bundle Availibility Tracking

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Recommended: www.wiialerts.com (online tracking route) & www.itrackr.com (in-store tracking route)

Amazon

-PlayStation 3 80 GB Metal Gear Solid 4 Pack - $499.99 IN STOCK!
Free Standard Shipping or Free 2-Day Shipping (Prime Member Only)

DELL

-PS3 Console 80 GB with Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - $449.99 SOLD-OUT!
-PS3 Console 80 GB with Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - $499.99 SOLD-OUT!

Barnes & Noble

-PS3 (80 Gig) Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle - $499.99 SOLD-OUT!
-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Limited Edition with Free Artbook - $84.99 SOLD-OUT!

Circuit City

-Sony 80GB PlayStation 3 Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle - $499.99 Free Shipping! IN-STOCK!
-Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 80GB+DualShock 3 Controller Bundle - $544.98 Free Shipping! IN-STOCK!

EBGame

-Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 80GB Bundle - $499.99 SOLD-OUT!
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71558

-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Limited Edition - $69.99 SOLD-OUT!
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=270209

GameStop

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71558

-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Limited Edition - $69.99 SOLD-OUT!
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=270209

Best Buy

-Metal Gear PlayStation 3 80GB System with Free Official Prima Guide - $499.99 SOLD-OUT!

K-Mart

Costco

-Sony PlayStation® 3 80GB Metal Gear Solid Bundle - $559.99 IN-STOCK!
(with extra Dualshock 3 Controller & HDMI Cable)
-Sony PlayStation® 3 80GB Metal Gear Solid Pack - $569.99 IN-STOCK!
(with extra Dualshock 3 Controller, HDMI Cable & Blu-Ray Remote Control)

Sam's Club

-Metal Gear Solid 4 80GB Bundle - SOLD-OUT!

Target

-Metal Gear Solid 4 80GB Bundle - $499.99 SOLD OUT!

Toys R' Us

-PS3 80GB Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle - $499.99 IN-STOCK!
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3136838&siteID=AsPY6TdlnWs-q4lrC1gIHzpBO.NarvqFtw

SonyStyle

-PS3 (80 Gig) Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle - $499.99 SOLD-OUT!

Wamart

-PlayStation 3 80GB Limited Edition Metal Gear Solid 4 Pack - $499.00 SOLD-OUT!
FREE SITE-TO-STORE PICK-UP

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9864376

Fry's Electronic

-PLAYSTATION®3 Metal Gear Solid 4 Pack - $499.99 IN-STOCK!

NewEgg

-SONY PS3 Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle 80 GB - Retail - $499.99 SOLD-OUT!

SEARS

-Sony PLAYSTATION®3 MGS4 Bundle + 2nd DualShock 3 - $554.98 IN-STOCK!
-Sony PLAYSTATION®3 Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle - $449.99 SOLD-OUT!

eBay

-Metal+Gear+Solid

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you who ordered on Dell, how many emails have you received from them and who are they coming from?

I ordered on 6/14 and got the Order Acknowledged email. I can't find any information of my order on Dell.com :whistle2:(

So has anyone tried to order the bundle with the dualshock from Sears?

I tried but never got a confirmation email...

[quote name='Bitt3r']For those of you who ordered on Dell, how many emails have you received from them and who are they coming from?

I ordered on 6/14 and got the Order Acknowledged email. I can't find any information of my order on Dell.com :whistle2:([/quote]

What happens when you click on the "Order Number" link on you order confirmation email ?

I still get to my order, its still at the "In Process" state.

EDIT - Just this second I got the delay email, I might just cancel and save them the hassle.

Has there been any news on when stores will get more MGS4 bundles in? I have about $90 credit at Best Buy, so I'd like to get it there.

[quote name='CGBS']Has there been any news on when stores will get more MGS4 bundles in? I have about $90 credit at Best Buy, so I'd like to get it there.[/quote]

I've been calling places and people dont know what's going on. I just called Circuit City, and they told me that the MGS4 bundle was a limited edition and that they will not be receiving anymore of them. At this point I was pretty pissed already because a) sony is being *** and b) the lady sounded like a tard.

I then called a second Circuit City, and they told me that it's also a limited edition and they are making room for the 160 GB to be released.

At tihs point i'm ready to slam my head against the wall and just give up on my search. Can't believe how hard it is to find these let alone the # of resellers on ebay

I just got the last one at a Gamecrazy about an hour ago

I called about 6-8 Gamestops which are all within 10 mins of me (are they really making that much money??) and they were all sold out.

Gamecrazy gives you 12 free rental coupons, 6 for blu-ray and 6 for games when you buy the system but I think that just goes for all new next-gen systems you buy over there

Just a heads up on Dell. I ordered on Sunday and today I got an email saying my order had been delayed from this week to next week at the absolute earliest.

[quote name='CGBS']Pretty much what they said at my (only) Best Buy. They didn't know if they were getting any more in. This link says that the bundle IS limited, but apparently Sony is working on getting more shipments out. Very vague.. Why did Sony have to make this a limited edition?

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/16/snaaake-we-ask-sony-about-limited-edition-mgs4-80gb-ps3-suppl/[/quote]

i dont think the 80gb is a limited edition as much as they used this bundle to get rid of the 80gb systems. 80gb systems werent in stores for a few months prior to the bundle being announced unless you bought a used one at ebgames/gamestop or you bought one at a ridiculous price on ebay or amazon. i think imo many stores were told to send back their stock of 80gb systems to sony so they could be converted to the 80gb bundles.

the addition of a free game and the new ds3 controller was a good way to get rid of the systems considering they were selling them at the current price of just an 80gb system alone. could be they stopped making 80gb systems a long time ago due to slow sales and many gamers reluctance to buy a system with emulation bc.

yeah they may come out with new consoles but for now 40gb might be all you can get new in stores.

that aside good luck on you all finding the bundle i know i was worried i wouldnt get one when i preordered so i can only imagine how shitty it has to be to try and find one now.

Well, I'm looking for one. I don't really care much about metal gear. I'd purchase that seperate if I had to, but I want a backward compatible PS3. If I can't find one, I'll just stick with my 360. I'm really tired of console manufacturers having these stupid ass shortages.

[quote name='bluemax']Just a heads up on Dell. I ordered on Sunday and today I got an email saying my order had been delayed from this week to next week at the absolute earliest.[/quote]

I'm canceling mine, I'll bet Dell have no idea when they're getting more in, this crap will just drag on.

If anyone's in the San Francisco area, you can always swing by the Playstation Store at the Metreon to see. I was just there around 2 pm today, and immediately saw 7-8 bundles in plain view. Cancelled my Dell order that was delayed, and bought it right there. I was still around the area around 5 pm and saw that 2 bundles were left. Then I saw a couple of employees moving about 5 large boxes from the back room with a clear "qty = 2" on the sides - clearly more bundles. Sure enough, they hoisted out more for display.

I still can't believe out of all the calls and trips I've made, I never considered the Playstation store. But judging from the quick restocking, I'm guessing they have a few more bundles left there.

I see GAMESTOP has finally posted up an "extra controller" bundle for $554.98, scheduled for 6/20. Perhaps it's not going to be rare at all, honestly it'll be a shame if it is. Now my damn stimulus better hurry the fuck up. BTW anyone know if SAVER works on consoles ? NY Tax (8.375%) is already going to kill it for me, don't mind waiting a couple of days as long as I can get one & save a few bucks in the process...

[quote name='vulcan300']If anyone's in the San Francisco area, you can always swing by the Playstation Store at the Metreon to see. I was just there around 2 pm today, and immediately saw 7-8 bundles in plain view. Cancelled my Dell order that was delayed, and bought it right there. I was still around the area around 5 pm and saw that 2 bundles were left. Then I saw a couple of employees moving about 5 large boxes from the back room with a clear "qty = 2" on the sides - clearly more bundles. Sure enough, they hoisted out more for display.

I still can't believe out of all the calls and trips I've made, I never considered the Playstation store. But judging from the quick restocking, I'm guessing they have a few more bundles left there.[/quote]

Had that swimming in the back of my head for a while, I just needed someone to remind me. It's still such a pain to get into the heart of the city, and I'm pretty sure I don't want to carry a PS3 back home on Bart (The subway for those not of the NoCal persuasion.) Eh, I'll figure it out eventually.

not sure if it's because i live in CA, but everywhere here is sold out. im contemplating getting the 40gb, but i really want the BC of the 80gb.

If you still need one you could wait until the 20th, which is when newegg thinks they'll get them. I don't think they charge tax. Checking circuitcity.com every morning might work, as I've seen it in stock in the morning for 3 days this week.

Newegg charges tax for CA residents. I check CC every morning and i've seen them in stock but not at nearby local CC. I wante dto pick upa ps3 from CC so i can try and get the free blue ray remote deal.

In case you're wondering if the system is worth it: it is. Keep trying!

Colors on the PS2 are well... dated... and the HDMI input is sweet for bc games. I've played Xenosaga, Lunar 2, GTA4, and MGS4 on it within the last 24 hours. It's not silent like my old 40g and the 80g fans can get reasonably warm, but it's worth it. They're so sweet that even my buddy who helped me waste the time in line asked me to hook him up with one (also upgrading from 40g) and I did. =D

Sorry to those who live in large metropolitan areas (I'm looking at you CA) and couldn't find one. People who walked up to my Super Wal-Mart (smack dab between two 100k cities) as late as 11:45 got one on release night.

[quote name='Gatchaman']This is not the 80GB bundle. It's a 40GB with metal gear. just wanted to point that out.[/quote]

Pfft, totally missed that!

Includes Wireless Controller, 2 Games, Sony DualShock Controller, Illuminated Console Stand

I'm supposing this means it comes with the Six controller, MGS4, HotShots, the stand AND a Dualshock. So...two controllers.

Not that great a deal, I don't think. Oh well.

i was able to snag 2 more from clueless Toys R Us and Target employees. Anyone want one? need to unload them.

[quote name='Arus']i was able to snag 2 more from clueless Toys R Us and Target employees. Anyone want one? need to unload them.[/QUOTE]
I'll take the gift receipt. :lol:

[quote name='Arus']i was able to snag 2 more from clueless Toys R Us and Target employees. Anyone want one? need to unload them.[/quote]

Yeah i need one.

i heard that there will be more s hipments in july. I just called every local BB/CC, and none have them in stock or have received any since launch.

Finally got one from Sears. Been having problems all day ordering it, despite it showing "in stock". Let's hope it sticks.

well, if anyone wants one of the xtra's i have. its $540 plus shipping (on 11 lbs). Send me a PM.

None of the stores near me are getting any re-shipments...sad really.

I need to find this bundle with in the next 44 days to use my sonystyle card. Anyone see this anywhere? Can OP update the main page?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']What update? Price?[/quote]

You have many websites labeled as In Stock when they are out of stock.

does anyone know if blockbuster/gamerush might be getting another shipment of the 80gb bundle? All of them are sold out in my area =/. They had told me they would have gotten it on the 20th but i guess they had gotten it sooner and i didnt check bleh.

bread's done
Back