PS3 Eye of Judgement $29.92 @ Walmart!

DX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Ok price drop from home office came down today. They dropped the Eye of Judgement bundle down to $29.92 from $69.96. This SHOULD NOT BE YMMV since it is a home office price change sent to all stores.

Picked one up myself for the price. Cheaper than buying the camera alone.

I was shocked to still find it at the Stevenson Ranch, CA Wal-Mart. There were 2 left, also.

I'm sure they were there because they were individually stickered with the original 69.97 price.

[quote name='Monroeski']Spoken like someone who has never felt the soul-crushing addiction of a CCG before.

Price of the first hit always sounds reasonable. :D[/quote]

Very true. I am a CCG virgin. I have dipped and dabbled before but never got too serious because I never had anyone to play with, but with online play, that may change.

[quote name='hoofrog']Guess I need to check Gamestop today. The wife even seems interested so I may have to sink a little money into this. But seriously think about it. Even with the Set 2 cost of $14.99 and another deck for $14.99, that is only $30 + the price of the bundle ($30) I am still coming out less than the cost of the original bundle. Nice deal IMO.[/quote]

Check out the 25% off sale at Play Asia thread. I picked up a couple of the Set 2 theme decks for $7.xx. Even after shipping, it cost about $9.xx/deck.
All Set 1 theme decks were unavailable. Booster packs for Set two were slightly under $3/pack.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Great Price on those. The only things that sucks is that the Expansion Set 2 upgrade is 14.99 on PSN.[/quote]

Real obvious question here but if I want to be able to play with the Set 2 cards, I have to download the Expansion Set 2 upgrade from PSN for $14.99? Thanks for the heads-up.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Real obvious question here but if I want to be able to play with the Set 2 cards, I have to download the Expansion Set 2 upgrade from PSN for $14.99? Thanks for the heads-up.[/quote]

yea u do man (sigh) i wish the update was free :cry:

[quote name='hoofrog']Very true. I am a CCG virgin. I have dipped and dabbled before but never got too serious because I never had anyone to play with, but with online play, that may change.[/quote]
MMOs have nothing, NOTHING on CCGs. $15 a month is chump change. :D

It will all come into focus the moment you play someone online who has a really good card, then you find out it's only $3 or $4 on ebay. While you're there, may as well see what else you can pick up...

[quote name='joker______']yea u do man (sigh) i wish the update was free :cry:[/QUOTE]

Well had I known that the first series was out of print and if you want to buy new cards you have to BUY the expansion, I may not have bought this.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Well had I known that the first series was out of print and if you want to buy new cards you have to BUY the expansion, I may not have bought this.[/QUOTE]

You can still buy Series 1 Boosters Packs and Theme Decks at TRU, Wal Mart, and Target.

[quote name='pimpinc333']You can still buy Series 1 Boosters Packs and Theme Decks at TRU, Wal Mart, and Target.[/QUOTE]

Man I wish I knew where. I've been to three walmarts, a target, and have called 4 or 5 gamespots and gamecrazy's.... Either don't carry or only series 2.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Man I wish I knew where. I've been to three walmarts, a target, and have called 4 or 5 gamespots and gamecrazy's.... Either don't carry or only series 2.[/QUOTE]

None of my GS's had them either. I hit up my TRU and they Had a ton in there card section.

Picked up 2 more at the Dover, DE walmart
Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet. Waiting for a response from gamefly to see if I take advantage of the $27 trade-in for the game if it requires the camera as well. If not, I'll sell the camera separately and come out ahead. At minimum the camera is worth $10 at gamestop

[quote name='DX']Someone earlier said they saw them at the store on MOPAC. I believe.
[/quote]

Argh! Do they typically have them marked on clearence if they have updated the price or do I have to ask/have them price check?

If the cards are out of print, and unavailable, it was noted in a gamespot review that the game can't distinguish high quality printouts from regular cards.

*IF* the cards are out of print and unavailable, I'd group them under the "emulation" flag. YMMV (Your Morality May Vary).

Still $70 at my local WM but I have it from when it was on sale at Amazon.

Please don't forget your local TABLETOP gaming/comic book/sport card stores when looking for EoJ cards. Many of them may still have them in stock.

[quote name='Milkyman']wait so you have to pay 14 bucks for the privilege of buying more cards?[/QUOTE]
$15 and yes.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Still $70 at my local WM but I have it from when it was on sale at Amazon.
[/QUOTE]

The stickers all say $69.99, but they ring up at $29.99.

Does anyone know where I can find the means to print them out? I'm so tired of driving to stores and not finding any series 1's left.

Also, has anyone had the game whig out? Twice now, when the board is pretty full, it suddenly becomes unable to read a card. I lay a card down and it starts whigging out saying that random cards can't be read and need to be placed again. Had to quit the game, it sucks.

For those who've played EOJ, can you play with the cards in sleeves and still have the camera identify them correctly? Would the glare from the sleeves affect the camera?

FYI, I printed a copy of the barcode (thanks to Target clearance thread directions) to price-check at a price scanner before looking for the game. Besides that, the game was marked as $29.9X and in a glass case when I made it back to the electronics dept.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I'm so tired of driving to stores and not finding any series 1's left.[/quote]

Amazon has the series 1 theme decks for $14.99 each. Also, have you thought of checking out a collectible card show in your area (that is, if there is one close to where you live).

Confirmed for Walmart in Newberg, New York. I saw it there the other day for $30 but had no desire, even if it's cheap.

They had exactly one.

I finally after two stores got mine at 29.98. The first store I went to had it at 69.99 still then I called another and said it was 29.99 so I went and picked that up today. Does anyone know if you trade it in if you have to have the camera with it or no? BTW fun but hard game.

Picked one up. I wanted to play two players so I picked up a starter deck from target. It was the last one they had. My Toys r us and Walmart were not selling any. These cards are a little expensive. I hope I don't get too addicted to this CCG...

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Hey MSUHitman,

Any suggestions on what card sleeves to use to protect the EOJ cards but don't interfere with the camera identifying the cards? Thanks![/quote]

I have yet to try any but I will and report back.

For those that want some cards to this game, Playasia is selling the set 2 theme decks for $7.50 (that's 1/2 of what gamestop charges)...if you can read japanese their set 2 theme decks are a whooping $3.50 per deck ($11.50 cheaper!!!)....awesome deals! I just picked up some...but need to shell out $14.99 for set 2 upgrade :cry:

I hope this helps!

[quote name='Jitjit']For those that want some cards to this game, Playasia is selling the set 2 theme decks for $7.50 (that's 1/2 of what gamestop charges)...if you can read japanese their set 2 theme decks are a whooping $3.50 per deck ($11.50 cheaper!!!)....awesome deals! I just picked up some...but need to shell out $14.99 for set 2 upgrade :cry:

I hope this helps![/QUOTE]

What was the shipping like?

i bought all 5 theme decks ($7.50 each plus you get an extra $2 off total by buying 5 decks) and the shipping was $9.40... a little steep but it's still a deal!

[quote name='Jitjit']i bought all 5 theme decks ($7.50 each plus you get an extra $2 off total by buying 5 decks) and the shipping was $9.40... a little steep but it's still a deal![/QUOTE]

Yea thats not too bad. Thanks for the details. I might pick some up if I end up buying the Expansion Set 2. I'm trying to decide if it's worth the 14.99 or not :whistle2:k

Probably going to go through with returning the copy I bought recently (with the PS3 25% off coupon).

I've apparently decided that my life doesn't have enough money sinks in it. I'm moving soon, and a local comic shop hosts Friday night Magic: The Gathering tournaments, so I'm thinking about getting back into that. As CCGs go, I'd really prefer to be playing in real life instead of over an internet connection.

If I don't do that, though, then you should be seeing me on EoJ in the near future. :D

[quote name='hoofrog']Are the Japanese cards the same other than the text? Will it work on the US game? That is a good deal if they work.[/quote]

Don't quote me on it, but I think the PS eye reads the barcodes at the top and bottom of the cards, so it shouldn't matter if it's japanese or not...but I personally have not try it.

Found it in a round lake IL walmart for $29.98 from 69.99. dont know if is a chain wide sale, thought it was a good deal for the camera alone. game is not bad either. I posted this in the walmart thread also.

I don't know if this is mentioned earlier in the thread, but the developer of Little Big Planet mentioned there will be applications for the PSEye camera built into the game. Might be worth picking up at this price and flipping the game itself if it doesn't interest you.

bread's done
Back