PS3 Game$haring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone found a work around on sharing the home beta? I have a friend who would love to be in it I tried to gameshare with him and it just gave him a network error. So I just let him have access to my account until I can find a way around it.

[quote name='amicus']looking for 1 person to join a ps3 game share group.

what we're doing is creating a psn id for our group, and everyone is contributing money to the pot via paypal to a single person. and that person puts the money onto the common psn id and everyone uses that "sharing" psnid to download.

hoping this turns into a longer term thing, where we can get mulitple different games, and only have the one "extra" user for the shared psn id.

first game is CAC. and depending on interest tekken. and in the future we'll see as games come out.

pm if interested or have any questions.[/quote]

Love the sound of that idea.. if ya'll still a man short let me know..

Hey all I got Tekken DR from a friend through gameshare, and it worked for the first few times I played it, but I haven't in a long long time and was just going to try it out earlier today, but it's giving me this message:

"The copyright protection information is invalid (80029513)"

Does anybody have any idea what that's supposed to mean? I forgot if I tried it after I deleted my friend's account off my ps3, but I thought that it could be played on other accounts on the system even without the master account? I mean otherwise would that mean everybody who is gamesharing here has a number of other CAGer's accounts to play the gameshared games?

[quote name='imascrub']Hey all I got Tekken DR from a friend through gameshare, and it worked for the first few times I played it, but I haven't in a long long time and was just going to try it out earlier today, but it's giving me this message:

"The copyright protection information is invalid (80029513)"

Does anybody have any idea what that's supposed to mean? I forgot if I tried it after I deleted my friend's account off my ps3, but I thought that it could be played on other accounts on the system even without the master account? I mean otherwise would that mean everybody who is gamesharing here has a number of other CAGer's accounts to play the gameshared games?[/QUOTE]
Deleting his account off your PS3 is what caused it.

[quote name='jimfoley16']have

Tekken DR
fLow
Blast Factor
MK2

Want
Calling All Cars
Super Stardust HD
and to a lesser extent Super Rub A Dub[/QUOTE]

Shot you a PM. :)

[quote name='subsidon']How well does this work?
Everyone has to keep other people's accounts on the PS3 in order to still play the games?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering this as well.

As odd as it sounds, I don't want a bunch of other accounts sitting on my PS3.

[quote name='jimfoley16']I accidently deleted 2 of my PM's without replying to them. Sorry to whomever had sent them.[/QUOTE]

One of them was me. I was asking to trade Super Stardust HD for Tekken DR. :)

[quote name='Vendetta']One of them was me. I was asking to trade Super Stardust HD for Tekken DR. :)[/quote]

that was my offer too. And i got deleted. fuck you must be like stealing my brain waves and shit. yo :D

Since you can share any of these games without actually buying them, is it just as possible to download them? Thats just as legal as this.

[quote name='chodax']Since you can share any of these games without actually buying them, is it just as possible to download them? Thats just as legal as this.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand what you mean.

[quote name='Scorch']Getting a PS3 very very shortly.. how much are the games? Like $10 a piece? How many times can you share it?[/quote]I'd say between 5 and 10 dollars. And you could share them up to 5 times.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Still have

Tekken
fLow
Blast Factor

Want
Calling All Cars
Super Stardust HD
Crash Bandicoot
Other PS1 Games[/QUOTE]

My offer of Super Stardust HD for Tekken still stands. =/

[quote name='chodax']fyi did a trade with Inf^Shini, everything went great and dont hesitate to trade with him[/quote]

Same thing goes for Chodax :D

[quote name='panasonic']I GOT INTO HOME

Gamesharing if it works[/QUOTE]
What do you want to share? Hell, I'll buy a game to share to try out HOME.

All righty, I only have Super Stardust but I'm still looking for Tekken DR. I'd also like to trade for Calling All Cars since I've heard a lot of positive comments about it :D

Some of us CAG's are looking to start a gameshare group.

On behalf of MillerTime2523:

We are trying to get a CAG gameshare group going.
We are trying to get 6 people to join this group, and so far we have 4 that have been expressing interest (Inf^Shini, Millertime2523, Panasonic, and Rowley72).
The plan is for each user in the group to buy a game (All members should buy the same $ amount of games), then each member would share/distribute with each other.

For example on a smaller scale: CAG A buys a PS1 game. CAG B buys a PS1 game, and CAG C buys a PS1 game. Each member would gameshare their purchased games with each other until all 3 CAGs have 3 games in their possession.
Another example would be CAG A Buys PSN game for $20, while CAG B buys 2 $10 games and CAG C buys 4 $5 games. Each member would gameshare until all games are shared.

Requirements (Can be taken case by case):
  • MUST MUST MUST have AIM to discuss which games to be purchased, info, etc.
  • CAG veteran or higher
  • 10+ CTR. This can be taken case by case, as this group will be based completley on trust.
  • Please send me an IM at EMiller015 if you are interested in joining!
**NOTE** If you do not or can not download AIM, you can also go on AIM Express which is free, and does not require a download. head to www.aim.com for more details if your interested in that!

The MAX amount of people for the group will be SIX since we can only gameshare five times. Hopefully we can get two more people soon and get the gamesharing rolling :applause:

[quote name='panasonic']It seems home can't be shared i tried to play it under my own sub account does not work. XD[/quote]

Kinda figured that seeing as it's a closed beta ;)

Never done this before, or don't even know how it works for that matter, but I have:

Calling all cars

would like to get:

Flow or Tekken.

also have paypal be needed.

[quote name='mr ryles']Never done this before, or don't even know how it works for that matter[/quote]
You download game A.

I download game B.

We erase personal info from our account (address, CC#, etc)

We exchange usernames and passwords

I download game A from your username

You download game B from my username

We both log out, change our passwords and keep the games.

At least, that's what I'm understanding.

[quote name='Scorch']You download game A.

I download game B.

At least, that's what I'm understanding.[/quote]

Yup only thing you gotta remember is to not delete the account of the person you gameshared with. You can queue up the download then log out of the account too. So you won't be held up

[quote name='Scorch']You download game A.

I download game B.

CREATE A NEW USER AND LOGIN FROM THERE

At least, that's what I'm understanding.[/quote]
Fixed.
One step is to create a new user before trying to login to the other username.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Fixed.
One step is to create a new user before trying to login to the other username.[/quote]

wait. explain it with examples.

If I have username A and you have username B, we want to exchange so we give each other our usernames/passwords, why make a new login?

[quote name='Scorch']wait. explain it with examples.

If I have username A and you have username B, we want to exchange so we give each other our usernames/passwords, why make a new login?[/quote]

Well I tried logging in to PSN when in my login and it kept giving me an error.

I created a new user on the PS3 and logging in to PSN worked fine.

[quote name='mr ryles']Never done this before, or don't even know how it works for that matter, but I have:

Calling all cars

would like to get:

Flow or Tekken.

also have paypal be needed.[/QUOTE]

I have fl0w and would like to trade it for your CAC. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back