PS3 Move Games $9.99 Each (New) @ GameStop

I like how everyone usually complains about Gamestop not having any deals but then stuff like this shuts most people up. Using my credit to get these games without tax. :)

Picked up Start the Party and the sharpshooter. The GS employees were clueless to the sale prices and hounded me about pre-ordering about six different games, both of which didn't surprise me.

I hate gutted copies, high velocity bowling seems to be OOS online and gutted copies everywhere in store. For $10 I guess I will have to justify this used but sold as new copy. :roll:

[quote name='CaoPi']I hate gutted copies, high velocity bowling seems to be OOS online and gutted copies everywhere in store. For $10 I guess I will have to justify this used but sold as new copy. :roll:[/QUOTE]

ya that REALLY pisses me off. I had to go to several stores to get my games actually NEW, but for the shoot i could only find gutted copies. I broke my policy and got it since its really just a family game. I actually need to leave bad feedback for one of the stores because i went in to get Shiren the wanderer.. they have it new but no case or manual anywhere. WTF is that shit? how can you try to sell me a new game as disc only o_O it just blows my mind the crap they pull and get away with

Got several games, i'll double check tomorow which ones, but also got a sharpshooter and the little pistol thing too. As well as a 2nd controller. By the way people were mentioning in the other thread a navigation controller. Whats that used for? Also, supposedly theres a new package for the sharpshooter? Did they actually change the gun at all? I think i have the old red packaging

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm thinking about price matching a few of these at Best Buy. I have stone credit to burn.[/QUOTE]
I matched The Shoot with no problem, but Move Heroes i couldn't because my store no longer carry those, when they look up the UPC, it says deleted item.

[quote name='kouleefoh']I matched The Shoot with no problem, but Move Heroes i couldn't because my store no longer carry those, when they look up the UPC, it says deleted item.[/QUOTE]

I already own Move Heroes because I got it for free. I really want to check out the shoot though. I'll check the original op to see what else is available.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I already own Move Heroes because I got it for free. I really want to check out the shoot though. I'll check the original op to see what else is available.[/QUOTE]
Cool, as long as they have it in stock, u'll have no problem matching.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Cool, as long as they have it in stock, u'll have no problem matching.[/QUOTE]

Sounds great. Thanks for the heads up. How is the shoot? I enjoy light gun games as well.

Has anyone had any problems getting Best Buy to price match? I'm heading over there at lunchtime with a printout of the Gamestop listing, but I'm expecting a hassle.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']How is the shoot? I love light gun games[/QUOTE]

Played it for about an hour last night with the Sharpshooter and it was not that great. I have higher hopes for some of the other light gun options. The motion controlled spinning which is used to trigger slow down is horrible and seems to be required in order to pass levels and score well. Seriously who designs a shooting game that requires you to turn your back to the screen.

Quakertown store would not honor the price but best buy price matched it showing them the website on my IPhone. Grabbed Eyepet and Move Heroes. :)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']How is the shoot? I love light gun games[/QUOTE]

For $10 I think it is worth it. I tried the demo that came with the move bundle and enjoyed it a lot. Each level is a different theme. But its like a shooting gallery were you are shooting at carboard cut outs. They do shoot back and you get bonuses for headshots and number of kills in a row without missing.

I am picking up my copy today with a nav and motion controller at my local gamestop.

[quote name='prayformojo']Played it for about an hour last night with the Sharpshooter and it was not that great. I have higher hopes for some of the other light gun options. The motion controlled spinning which is used to trigger slow down is horrible and seems to be required in order to pass levels and score well. Seriously who designs a shooting game that requires you to turn your back to the screen.[/QUOTE]

The game isn't really designed for the sharpshooter and you don't need to turn your back to the game you just spin the motion controller in you hand.

The sharpshooter is more for the FPS and third person shooters like Socom and Killzone.

[quote name='karyadi']I like how everyone usually complains about Gamestop not having any deals. . .[/QUOTE]

Gamestop doesn't have a whole lot of deals much of the time, and when they do have a deal on new items like this, you still have to deal with their "new" gutted copies.

As a result, Gamestop doesn't get much of my business, and I spend a lot of money on games. It's really their loss.

so i ordered move heroes last night on the GS website, and i was able to snag one in a store today

i am trying to cancel my order online, yet says

The order maintenance system was unable to process your request.

To change your shipping method or cancel an order please send an email with your order number to [email protected]. To update your credit card information please call (800) 883-8895. Please do not send credit card information via email. Our hours of operation are 8:00 am - 9:00 pm (CST) Monday through Friday and 8:00 am - 8:00 pm (CST) Saturday and Sunday.
has anyone else had success with the email? i just dont want this thing to ship and charge me.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']so i ordered move heroes last night on the GS website, and i was able to snag one in a store today

i am trying to cancel my order online, yet says

has anyone else had success with the email? i just dont want this thing to ship and charge me.[/QUOTE]

Same happened to me. You have to wait til it comes in the take it to the store with packing slip and they will refund then call GS cust service and they will refund you the shipping

[quote name='WV Matsui']What attachments do you need to play Time Crisis and House of the Dead?[/QUOTE]

just the camera and the motion controller.

When I looked this morning, the move accessories were at msrp, and it was applying a 50% discount. Now they are showing half price (eg 24.99 for move controller) and it is still deducting an extra 50% making the move controller $12.50 (I.e. 75% off). Get them while you can. Not sure about in-store, I just placed a web order.

[quote name='guessed']When I looked this morning, the move accessories were at msrp, and it was applying a 50% discount. Now they are showing half price (eg 24.99 for move controller) and it is still deducting an extra 50% making the move controller $12.50 (I.e. 75% off). Get them while you can. Not sure about in-store, I just placed a web order.[/QUOTE]

How did you get this to work? Its showing up as $24.99 in my cart.

[quote name='RColaUAB']How did you get this to work? Its showing up as $24.99 in my cart.[/QUOTE]

looks like they fixed it, you can use the 20acc code and get a extra 20% off though.

20% off in-stock accessories code 20ACC works in combo with this good till the 15th. I just ordered a a wand and navigation controller as I currently only have one of each. Came to $38 after taxes and shipping. Pretty good deal.

[quote name='Brother Daz']looks like they fixed it, you can use the 20acc code and get a extra 20% off though.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that code or i would have tried it too. I used the mobile site (safari mobile on my iPhone) not sure if that made the difference or just the timing was right.

[quote name='shadowkast']How come no one is jumping on the Lord of the ring game?! :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WV Matsui']Is it on sale?[/QUOTE]

It appears to be $29.99 to me. If it was $9.99 I'd get it.

So I just reordered everything I ran out to the store to buy yesterday since the discount is auto and 20ACC applies (and the SharpShooter is back in stock). Now I'll have to return the other stuff. Oh well, saved me $7 though ;).

I think this was a pretty clever move by Sony (they had to be in on this) to get Move stuff a little jump-start for the holidays. Not sure how other retailers feel about it though! I mean, all these people buying Move/sharpshooter sets will probably want Killzone 3 and/or Resistance 3 now, and more going forward.

[quote name='Japakneez']That 20% code convinced me to get move/nav/sharpshooter combo. Thanks![/QUOTE]

code doesn't work with the bundle

[quote name='CaoPi']code doesn't work with the bundle[/QUOTE]

It was working before, it seems they just deactivated it from working for Move stuff now.

Stopped by local store. Big sign on wall in front of register saying which games were $9.99. Handed my game to the employee. He asked why I would want to pay $39.99 for The Shoot. I pointed at the big sign. He had no clue what I was talking about and said the sign was wrong. It rang up $9.99. He was shocked and asked the other guy how long the sign had been there. Other guy said all day. He had missed the sign all day staring him in the face.

[quote name='Cuz 55']Stopped by local store. Big sign on wall in front of register saying which games were $9.99. Handed my game to the employee. He asked why I would want to pay $39.99 for The Shoot. I pointed at the big sign. He had no clue what I was talking about and said the sign was wrong. It rang up $9.99. He was shocked and asked the other guy how long the sign had been there. Other guy said all day. He had missed the sign all day staring him in the face.[/QUOTE]

I really don't like how GS employees treat customers. What's it matter to him if you want to buy the shoot or barbie? It's your cold hard cash!

Each accessory I purchased in store the guy asked if I wanted to save and pay used. I kept saying they were cheaper new yet he kept asking! For us older folks on here GS is almost as bad if not worse than buying a vehicle. They are the modern day version of a car salesman!

[quote name='io']I think this was a pretty clever move by Sony (they had to be in on this) to get Move stuff a little jump-start for the holidays. Not sure how other retailers feel about it though! I mean, all these people buying Move/sharpshooter sets will probably want Killzone 3 and/or Resistance 3 now, and more going forward.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I wouldn't have even bothered with the Move this holiday if there wasn't a deal like this.

I'm now after/waiting on a deal on Time Crisis: Razing Storm and House of the Dead: Overkill. I'm looking for maybe less than $20 on TC and less than $30 for HotD.

Got the Shoot and Start the Party, thanks original poster.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']Thinking about Fight Lights out & a motion controller... worth it?[/QUOTE]

That game REQUIRES two, FYI.

[quote name='M3wThr33']That game REQUIRES two, FYI.[/QUOTE]

Can it be played with a Move controller and a Navigation controller like Punch-Out on the Wii?

In any event, I didn't wait to check the store. I ordered The Fight and PlayStation Move Heroes along with a Move controller and a Navigation controller online last night for less than $70. Great deal.

I'm going to check my closest B&M store for High Velocity Bowling and Singstar Dance. I'm still not sold on the Kung-Fu game yet...

[quote name='josekortez']Can it be played with a Move controller and a Navigation controller like Punch-Out on the Wii?

.[/QUOTE]
no, you need 2 move controllers

[quote name='WV Matsui']I really don't like how GS employees treat customers. What's it matter to him if you want to buy the shoot or barbie? It's your cold hard cash!

Each accessory I purchased in store the guy asked if I wanted to save and pay used. I kept saying they were cheaper new yet he kept asking! For us older folks on here GS is almost as bad if not worse than buying a vehicle. They are the modern day version of a car salesman![/QUOTE]

jeez he was just trying to save the dude some money buy purchahsing it used

The Fight
Playstation Move Heroes
Sing Star Dance Bundle
The Shoot
Start The Party
2 x Sharpshooter

$98 out the door. Thanks for this post!

Went in to get a couple move heroes. Asked if he had new ones. He looked it up and said yes I have 2, but if you want you an save $10 if you buy used... I chuckled in my head. Then told him to get me a couple used.

He rung them up and said 60 some odd dollars. I pretended to look dumbfounded and said something to the effect of "I thought you said these would be $10 cheaper." He replied "It is. See." to which he swiped a new copy.

In which I promptly said smiling " so $10 off for a used right?".

Least he got my corny humor. And asked what else was on sale.

To his credit it does show the regular price in the system if he looked it up regularly and only showed the sale price when physically scanned.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Went in to get a couple move heroes. Asked if he had new ones. He looked it up and said yes I have 2, but if you want you an save $10 if you buy used... I chuckled in my head. Then told him to get me a couple used.

He rung them up and said 60 some odd dollars. I pretended to look dumbfounded and said something to the effect of "I thought you said these would be $10 cheaper." He replied "It is. See." to which he swiped a new copy.

In which I promptly said smiling " so $10 off for a used right?".

Least he got my corny humor. And asked what else was on sale.

To his credit it does show the regular price in the system if he looked it up regularly and only showed the sale price when physically scanned.[/QUOTE]
:bouncy::applause::applause::bouncy::applause::applause::lol::lol:

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Yup, I wouldn't have even bothered with the Move this holiday if there wasn't a deal like this.

I'm now after/waiting on a deal on Time Crisis: Razing Storm and House of the Dead: Overkill. I'm looking for maybe less than $20 on TC and less than $30 for HotD.

Got the Shoot and Start the Party, thanks original poster.[/QUOTE]

anotherpoorgamer, check your inbox.

Does anyone know how long this sale runs? I really don't want to run out tonight, and I have to go out next to my nearest GS tomorrow.

bread's done
Back