PS3 New MSRP: $249.99 - $299.99 - $349.99

crzyboy88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]24385[/IMG-R]Effective immediately, PS3 consoles receive a $50 price drop (and a new Infamous 2 bundle).

:ps3: PS3 160 GB $249.99
:ps3: PS3 320 GB $299.99
:ps3: PS3 320GB inFamous 2 Bundle $299.99
:ps3: PS3 320 GB Move Bundle $349.99

Sony has just announced a global price drop to $249.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/16/ps3-price-cut-to-250/

Well, this is certainly surprising. Sony closed out its Gamescom 2011 keynote with the startling announcement that the PlayStation 3 (assumedly the standard, 160GB model) has had its price cut across the globe: It's now $249.99 in the U.S., €249.99 in Europe and ¥24,980 in Japan.

Last edited by a moderator:
The funny thing about this price drop to me is that I got my PS3 Slim from Dell for $255 with free shipping when they were first released two years ago.

PS3 320GB inFamous 2 bundle
by Sony
Platform: PlayStation 3 | Rated: Teen
Price: $299.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details

Usually ships within 8 to 9 days.

WTF Amazon? 8-9 days ? Really ? :hot:

[quote name='shytface']Gonna go get my 160GB PS3 within the next couple of days, are the CECH 3000's in the wild yet? I wanna make sure I get a 2500A.[/QUOTE]

It already out on amazon but I don't know about other retail stores.

[quote name='shytface']Gonna go get my 160GB PS3 within the next couple of days, are the CECH 3000's in the wild yet? I wanna make sure I get a 2500A.[/QUOTE]

May I ask why? I picked up a CECH3001A and it seems fine, but I am a total newb in this aspect. Is the 2500A better?

[quote name='Reck_Havoc']May I ask why? I picked up a CECH3001A and it seems fine, but I am a total newb in this aspect. Is the 2500A better?[/QUOTE]

Personal preference mainly. The 3000 has an 80mm cooling fan instead of the 120mm one found in previous slims. At idle and low loads the noise levels will be the same, but when the system is being stressed the 80mm fan will be noticeably louder. That's the main reason I want a 2500A.

But the 3000 weighs about .88 pounds less, and has 1-3 watts lower power consumption, mainly due to the removal of all the LED's. Slight appearance changes, and I'm not positive but I believe the 3000 will only allow Blu Ray playback over HDMI while the older systems can still use component. That's not an issue for most people, but it's one of the bigger changes I think.

[quote name='mietha']Of the many and varied responses amazon CS has given, this is probably dead-on, as it is the only one that makes any sense at all. Could they, perhaps, get off their ****ing asses and oh, I don't know, CALL a sony rep and ask them, being as it oh so obviously is supposed to be available being, oh, almost everyone else has it, including the fact that target sold it THROUGH AMAZON'S OWN SITE. This is one of the more absurd things amazon has done. Does EVERYONE there work in india, and not just CS?

Edit: I just emailed them. I don't it will do any good, but there's always a chance, right?[/QUOTE]
I got tired of waiting for Amazon so I cancelled my order and picked one up from Gamestop. I had already done 2 live chats and sent them an email, and all they could do is "forward my feedback to the appropriate department."

I hate having to do business with Gamestop, but in this case paying 20 bucks in taxes was worth not having to wait on Amazon for some unknown amount of time.

[quote name='pippin']I got tired of waiting for Amazon so I cancelled my order and picked one up from Gamestop. I had already done 2 live chats and sent them an email, and all they could do is "forward my feedback to the appropriate department."

I hate having to do business with Gamestop, but in this case paying 20 bucks in taxes was worth not having to wait on Amazon for some unknown amount of time.[/QUOTE]

Should have ordered from newegg.com. I hate paying 8% tax on items that cost several hundred dollars, so it's nice to keep my money in my pocket. ;)

[quote name='Obiwan456']And this is why I like buying systems with credits from GS. Tax free![/QUOTE]

What?How is it tax free?Where do you live?Are games tax free too?

[quote name='mrx001']What?How is it tax free?Where do you live?Are games tax free too?[/QUOTE]

Say you want to buy a game for 10 dollars and trade in a game valued at 10 credit, it's a wash. Technically, you've traded for equal value, so no tax is charged. If you can catch a good trade-in promotion, Gamestop isn't too bad...but otherwise they suck.

[quote name='sebas07']Can you put this game in the hardrive, to avoid loading time?[/QUOTE]

ps3 dont do that

bread's done
Back