PS3 New MSRP: $249.99 - $299.99 - $349.99

crzyboy88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]24385[/IMG-R]Effective immediately, PS3 consoles receive a $50 price drop (and a new Infamous 2 bundle).

:ps3: PS3 160 GB $249.99
:ps3: PS3 320 GB $299.99
:ps3: PS3 320GB inFamous 2 Bundle $299.99
:ps3: PS3 320 GB Move Bundle $349.99

Sony has just announced a global price drop to $249.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/16/ps3-price-cut-to-250/

Well, this is certainly surprising. Sony closed out its Gamescom 2011 keynote with the startling announcement that the PlayStation 3 (assumedly the standard, 160GB model) has had its price cut across the globe: It's now $249.99 in the U.S., €249.99 in Europe and ¥24,980 in Japan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought a PS3 , after playing it for about 2 hours I noted heat in the back and in the cables, is this normal? also would it be a good idea to raise the PS3?

[quote name='sebas07']I just bought a PS3 , after playing it for about 2 hours I noted heat in the back and in the cables, is this normal? also would it be a good idea to raise the PS3?[/QUOTE]

Yes, after 2 hours or perhaps even 1 you'll likely feel some heat on the unit. The amount depends on how ventilated the system is. If it's in an enclosed area it'll accumulate more heat. I personally keep mine vertically

Some thermal analysis done way back when showed that horizontal was the best position due to heat dissipation. Rather than work like a chimney, it's able to vent equally. Who knows with newer models, though.

Another big get for PS3, they are the only place you can get NFL Sunday Ticket WITHOUT having a DirecTV subscription now. The price is hefty though ($340) but may be worth it to some.

If you have DirecTV but can't spend the $XXX for NFL Sunday Ticket normally, you can get it on the PS3 for only $50. Amazing this is happening, I wonder if it was Sony, DirecTV, or the NFL that pushed for this. You better believe MS would have KILLED to get this.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Another big get for PS3, they are the only place you can get NFL Sunday Ticket WITHOUT having a DirecTV subscription now. The price is hefty though ($340) but may be worth it to some.

If you have DirecTV but can't spend the $XXX for NFL Sunday Ticket normally, you can get it on the PS3 for only $50. Amazing this is happening, I wonder if it was Sony, DirecTV, or the NFL that pushed for this. You better believe MS would have KILLED to get this.[/QUOTE]

that seems the amount for one month....not an entire season. got a link from sony??

[quote name='MSUHitman']Another big get for PS3, they are the only place you can get NFL Sunday Ticket WITHOUT having a DirecTV subscription now. The price is hefty though ($340) but may be worth it to some.

If you have DirecTV but can't spend the $XXX for NFL Sunday Ticket normally, you can get it on the PS3 for only $50. Amazing this is happening, I wonder if it was Sony, DirecTV, or the NFL that pushed for this. You better believe MS would have KILLED to get this.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's $50 in addition to what you paid for Sunday Ticket on DTV already.

No, the $50 price is for those already with DIRECTV and a Sunday Ticket subscription. The $50 allows you to access it on the PS3 (making it a receiver). And that is for the year.

Why would you pay $50 more just to view it on your PS3 though? If you already paid for the season, it should be free rofl. I'm pretty sure if you're an MLB.TV subscriber, all you have to do is link your account. What a cash grab.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah my bad I misread the news items about this.

Still it's something MS & every cable company wants that PS3 got.[/QUOTE]

im sorry....im not understanding this... why the hell would they charge you an extra $50 for something you're already paying $300+ for? whats the point of using the ps3 vs your tv and direct tv satellite?

edit: seems like Jodou agrees

[quote name='Jodou']Why would you pay $50 more just to view it on your PS3 though? If you already paid for the season, it should be free rofl. I'm pretty sure if you're an MLB.TV subscriber, all you have to do is link your account. What a cash grab.[/QUOTE]

Actually, you're wrong. It's completely FREE if you're a subscriber to NFL Sunday Ticket. It's $50 if you're just a Direct TV Member, and It's $340 for everyone else.

That's a Great deal if you already have DirectTV. Not so much for anyone else, unless you only wanted DTV for Sunday Ticket

[quote name='ssjmichael']Actually, you're wrong. It's completely FREE if you're a subscriber to NFL Sunday Ticket. It's $50 if you're just a Direct TV Member, and It's $340 for everyone else.

That's a Great deal if you already have DirectTV. Not so much for anyone else, unless you only wanted DTV for Sunday Ticket[/QUOTE]

hes not wrong. someone else claimed that its $50 just to use it on their ps3 if you already subscribe.

1. its free for ps3 if you already pay $335 for it through directv

2. Its $340 if you dont have directv, but still want it.

$340s a lot for football games, especially since every team gets a game or two on national television iirc.

[quote name='yahoosale14']hes not wrong. someone else claimed that its $50 just to use it on their ps3 if you already subscribe.

1. its free for ps3 if you already pay $335 for it through directv

2. Its $340 if you dont have directv, but still want it.

$340s a lot for football games, especially since every team gets a game or two on national television iirc.[/QUOTE]

Yes he is wrong.. Read what he wrote. He's thinking that you have to pay $50 just to use it on the PS3 even if you're already a Ticket subscriber. He's laughing and saying "If you already paid for the season, it should be free rofl.". That's exactly how it works.. So yes, he' was wrong in his assumptions that you have to pay extra just to access it on the PS3.

Directly from Sony:
, viewers who do not currently have access to DIRECTV will be able to subscribe to NFL SUNDAY TICKET at the season price of $339.95. Existing DIRECTV customers can access the service on their PS3 for an additional $50 and use the PS3 as an additional receiver for your home. Existing DIRECTV customers who already have NFL SUNDAY TICKET and NFL SUNDAY TICKET To-Go through DIRECTV can access the service on their PS3 for no additional charge.

Hopefully that's clear enough for Jodou and others

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yes he is wrong.. Read what he wrote. He's thinking that you have to pay $50 just to use it on the PS3 even if you're already a Ticket subscriber. He's laughing and saying "If you already paid for the season, it should be free rofl.". That's exactly how it works.. So yes, he' was wrong in his assumptions that you have to pay extra just to access it on the PS3.

Directly from Sony:

Hopefully that's clear enough for Jodou and others
[/QUOTE]

im saying its misinformation from previous posts...you shouldn't be quoting jodou....

This sounds made up, but they changed it. The post on the psblog now makes no mention of any type of $50 charge. When this was announced, it said $50 to activate the PS3.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

[quote name='naf']This sounds made up, but they changed it. The post on the psblog now makes no mention of any type of $50 charge. When this was announced, it said $50 to activate the PS3.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.[/QUOTE]

yea its odd how other articles have a $50 mention, but the ps blog doesnt. the $50 charge is to use it as an additional dvr if you wish....

Fishy blog antics. I read it off of the blog yesterday...and it said $50. In any event, nice to hear that there is no charge. WIN!

[quote name='yahoosale14']im saying its misinformation from previous posts...you shouldn't be quoting jodou....[/QUOTE]

Apparently we should just take the word of others instead of Sony. Rather than bitching and trolling as per usual for Jodou, maybe he should have actually looked to see whether it was true or not.

I was planning on quoting everyone who mentioned the misinformation to be honest, but I just quoted the latest in the string

[quote name='yahoosale14']yea its odd how other articles have a $50 mention, but the ps blog doesnt. the $50 charge is to use it as an additional dvr if you wish....[/QUOTE]

They still mention it on the blog:

How do you get in the game? At the start of the season, viewers who do not currently have access to DIRECTV will be able to subscribe to NFL SUNDAY TICKET at the season price of $339.95. Existing DIRECTV customers can access the service on their PS3 for an additional $50 and use the PS3 as an additional receiver for your home. Existing DIRECTV customers who already have NFL SUNDAY TICKET and NFL SUNDAY TICKET To-Go through DIRECTV can access the service on their PS3 for no additional charge.

[quote name='naf']Fishy blog antics. I read it off of the blog yesterday...and it said $50. In any event, nice to hear that there is no charge. WIN![/QUOTE]

They never said $50 for existing Sunday ticket subscribers. They said $50 for existing Direct TV members. Big Difference and one that tripped up a lot of people here apparently.

[quote name='ssjmichael']They never said $50 for existing Sunday ticket subscribers. They said $50 for existing Direct TV members. Big Difference and one that tripped up a lot of people here apparently.[/QUOTE]

hes right, theres various reports and a disappearance of the $50 on the sony ps blog. can you screenshot that? im not seeing $50 on the blog.

the $50 is for "an additional hd receiver"

[quote name='ssjmichael']Apparently we should just take the word of others instead of Sony. Rather than bitching and trolling as per usual for Jodou, maybe he should have actually looked to see whether it was true or not.

I was planning on quoting everyone who mentioned the misinformation to be honest, but I just quoted the latest in the string[/QUOTE]
Lol, cry more. If you want to be CAG's red-shirt fact checker, be my guest.

[quote name='yahoosale14']hes right, theres various reports and a disappearance of the $50 on the sony ps blog. can you screenshot that? im not seeing $50 on the blog.

the $50 is for "an additional hd receiver"[/QUOTE]

Again, they never stated that it was an additional $50 for existing Sunday Ticket subscribers. That was an assumption or misunderstanding. This is a screenshot of the preview page which still shows the $50

dtv50.jpg

Notice the wording. "Existing DIRECTV customers". Not "Existing DIRECTV NFL Sunday Ticket customers".

After talking with Amazon's customer service about what's taking so long for them to ship out the Infamous 2 PS3 bundles, it appears that they're waiting on an official release date announcement from Sony. If Sony intended for these to be available for purchase immediately, they need to hurry up and say so.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Again, they never stated that it was an additional $50 for existing Sunday Ticket subscribers. That was an assumption or misunderstanding. This is a screenshot of the preview page which still shows the $50

dtv50.jpg

Notice the wording. "Existing DIRECTV customers". Not "Existing DIRECTV NFL Sunday Ticket customers".[/QUOTE]

Season price of $339.95?! What are these people smoking? :lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='orale1226']Season price of $339.95?! What are these people smoking? :lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

Blame DirectTV or the NFL for that exclusive deal. They could charge pretty much anything and they know some will buy in. $50 is a good deal however if you are a DTV subscriber.

[quote name='pippin']After talking with Amazon's customer service about what's taking so long for them to ship out the Infamous 2 PS3 bundles, it appears that they're waiting on an official release date announcement from Sony. If Sony intended for these to be available for purchase immediately, they need to hurry up and say so.[/QUOTE]

My I2 bundle shipped out from newegg.com yesterday. ;)

[quote name='ssjmichael']Again, they never stated that it was an additional $50 for existing Sunday Ticket subscribers. That was an assumption or misunderstanding. This is a screenshot of the preview page which still shows the $50

dtv50.jpg

Notice the wording. "Existing DIRECTV customers". Not "Existing DIRECTV NFL Sunday Ticket customers".[/QUOTE]

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/17/directv-teams-up-with-ps3-for-sunday-nfl-ticket/

ok, now you're wrong if you're saying they'd give away sunday ticket for $50.

its for an additional HD receiver...like i said

edit: yeah you're saying its $50 for sunday ticket, in your dreams :rofl: :lol:

and i will stand by jodou and state this is weird/worthless unless you're a diehard nfl fan who cant/doesn't want direct tv

[quote name='yahoosale14']http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/17/directv-teams-up-with-ps3-for-sunday-nfl-ticket/

and i will stand by jodou and state this is weird/worthless unless you're a diehard nfl fan who cant/doesn't want direct tv[/QUOTE]

Unless Sony spells out that the $50 is for existing Sunday Ticket members, I'm going to say it's for all DirectTV customers. That's exactly what's written there, so why shouldn't I believe that? It's like Microsoft saying "This game is free for all Xbox Live users" VS saying "This game is free for all Xbox Live Gold users". I know it doesn't sound right that it'd be $50 straight up just if you're a DTV subscriber, but do you not agree that 's the way Sony wrote it?

Also please explain how both of these apply:

1.) Existing NFL Sunday Ticket subscribers have to pay $50 to use the PS3 as a receiver

2.) Existing NFL Sunday Ticket subscribers get to use the PS3 as a receiver for no additional charge.

So are you saying Sony is lying when they say subscribers get free access? Because wouldn't anyone who would have to pay that $50 in your scenario be an NFL Sunday ticket subscriber and thus get it for free?

[quote name='ssjmichael']Unless Sony spells out that the $50 is for existing Sunday Ticket members, I'm going to say it's for all DirectTV customers. That's exactly what's written there, so why shouldn't I believe that? It's like Microsoft saying "This game is free for all Xbox Live users" VS saying "This game is free for all Xbox Live Gold users". I know it doesn't sound right that it'd be $50 straight up just if you're a DTV subscriber, but do you not agree that 's the way Sony wrote it?

Also please explain how both of these apply:

1.) Existing NFL Sunday Ticket subscribers have to pay $50 to use the PS3 as a receiver

2.) Existing NFL Sunday Ticket subscribers get to use the PS3 as a receiver for no additional charge.

So are you saying Sony is lying when they say subscribers get free access? Because wouldn't anyone who would have to pay that $50 in your scenario be an NFL Sunday ticket subscriber and thus get it for free?[/QUOTE]

1. for an extra DVR receiver
2. free access. receiver is not used in the line that says free, it says access/service

[quote name='yahoosale14']http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/17/directv-teams-up-with-ps3-for-sunday-nfl-ticket/

and i will stand by jodou and state this is weird/worthless unless you're a diehard nfl fan who cant/doesn't want direct tv[/QUOTE]

Do you have any links, facts, info to add? The terms of this deal are confusing, but seem clear enough if you read them carefully. From what SONY has posted, it currently looks like SSJ is right. This will be an amazing deal for some people if PS3 + DirectTV subscription = $50 sunday ticket on PS3

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yahoosale14']1. for an extra DVR receiver
2. free access. receiver is not used in the line that says free, it says access/service[/QUOTE]

So you think there will be different services provided then? One allowing you to just use the PS3 as a DVR receiver, and then another app or whatever to access Sunday Ticket? If that is the case, it seems like the $50 option was just lumped in with the Sunday ticket news but is really broader than that. I based what I've said on exactly what Sony has provided, but it's still pretty vaguely written and open to interpretation I feel. I think they need to further clarify the points about the $50 option and so forth. The fact that they removed it from the main article does seem strange.

I think i may have just figured it out. What is NFL Sunday Ticket to go? That is what it says will get the Sunday ticket on PS3 for no additional charge.

If NFL Sunday Ticket To Go is a fee to use NFL Sunday Ticket on other devices, then it may be that the $50 fee for NFL Sunday Ticket on PS3 is for those that have Sunday ticket but not Sunday ticket To Go. Ughhh, confusing. Just wait for Sony to clarify.

[quote name='Xenogears']I think i may have just figured it out. What is NFL Sunday Ticket to go? That is what it says will get the Sunday ticket on PS3 for no additional charge.

If NFL Sunday Ticket To Go is a fee to use NFL Sunday Ticket on other devices, then it may be that the $50 fee for NFL Sunday Ticket on PS3 is for those that have Sunday ticket but not Sunday ticket To Go. Ughhh, confusing. Just wait for Sony to clarify.[/QUOTE]

It says both NFL SUNDAY TICKET and NFL SUNDAY TICKET To-Go are free though. I think the theory that the $50 is just to use the PS3 as an additional receiver independent of Sunday ticket makes the most sense in the absence of clarification from Sony. I think they wrote it up pretty poorly though

The part about the no additional charge was added after it was originally published, and the part about the $50 was removed from the main article which is curious.

Yup, it seems they have changed it once again (yes, I am blaming the PSBlog).

Its seems that the scenarios are officially:

No DIRECT TV - you pay $350

If you have DIRECTV and NFL Sunday Ticket you will have to pay $50 to use it on your PS3. The PS3 service is part of the NFL Sunday Ticket To-Go add-on (which is $50).

Already have DIRECTV, NFL Sunday Ticket and NFL Sunday Ticket To-Go? You can access for free.

Hopefully we're past this issue now.

More importantly, anyone spotted the 320g inFAMOUS bundle yet?

[quote name='naf']Yup, it seems they have changed it once again (yes, I am blaming the PSBlog).

Its seems that the scenarios are officially:

No DIRECT TV - you pay $350

If you have DIRECTV and NFL Sunday Ticket you will have to pay $50 to use it on your PS3. The PS3 service is part of the NFL Sunday Ticket To-Go add-on (which is $50).

Already have DIRECTV, NFL Sunday Ticket and NFL Sunday Ticket To-Go? You can access for free.

Hopefully we're past this issue now.

More importantly, anyone spotted the 320g inFAMOUS bundle yet?[/QUOTE]

I saw the Infamous 2 bundle today at Target. I did a live chat with Amazon today asking why it is still listed as pre-order and wondering on an ETA for it and all they said was it hasn't been released it.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Seems odd that Target has it but Amazon and Best Buy have nothing :whistle2:S

[quote name='naf']Thanks for the feedback guys. Seems odd that Target has it but Amazon and Best Buy have nothing :whistle2:S[/QUOTE]

purchase it with your Target credit card and instantly get 5% off. just thought I toss that out there.

normally, discounts don't apply towards consoles, but the broad 5% discount is taken off the subtotal on the in-store receipt. =)

[quote name='pippin']After talking with Amazon's customer service about what's taking so long for them to ship out the Infamous 2 PS3 bundles, it appears that they're waiting on an official release date announcement from Sony. If Sony intended for these to be available for purchase immediately, they need to hurry up and say so.[/QUOTE]

Of the many and varied responses amazon CS has given, this is probably dead-on, as it is the only one that makes any sense at all. Could they, perhaps, get off their ****ing asses and oh, I don't know, CALL a sony rep and ask them, being as it oh so obviously is supposed to be available being, oh, almost everyone else has it, including the fact that target sold it THROUGH AMAZON'S OWN SITE. This is one of the more absurd things amazon has done. Does EVERYONE there work in india, and not just CS?

Edit: I just emailed them. I don't it will do any good, but there's always a chance, right?

best buy is the same right now. Best Buy Canada has it listed even, but there is no record of it on BB.com and their 800 call center had no idea what I was talking about. had to walk him through finding it at other retailers sites.
Lame

[quote name='naf']best buy is the same right now. Best Buy Canada has it listed even, but there is no record of it on BB.com and their 800 call center had no idea what I was talking about. had to walk him through finding it at other retailers sites.
Lame[/QUOTE]

It's starting to look like this really is sony's fault. Again. A sony release being a cluster****? Yeah, THAT never happens...

I recently bought my PS3 and a copy of Demon`s souls, but I have a question at the start of the game my PS3 starts making weird sounds but is only there, while playing the game my PS3 is silent, is this normal?

[quote name='sebas07']I recently bought my PS3 and a copy of Demon`s souls, but I have a question at the start of the game my PS3 starts making weird sounds but is only there, while playing the game my PS3 is silent, is this normal?[/QUOTE]

It depends on what the sound is. If it just sounds like a disc drive moving around, or like a computer normally would then that is fine. I've never noticed any odd sounds with mine though. Also, I don't think you can put Demon Souls on the HD. Not many PS3 games have that option, or need it since everything fits on one Blu-Ray. If you can ever put a game on the HD, it will be when you first play the game automatically or through the games menu.

[quote name='mietha']It's starting to look like this really is sony's fault. Again. A sony release being a cluster****? Yeah, THAT never happens...[/QUOTE]

It does sound like stock for this is either selling out too fast or not at all the retailers yet. I don't know, or like another poster said, Amazon is simply waiting to ship for some reason. What other Sony releases have been cluster****? I've never had a problem getting anything on or near release

When i had a slim the only strange sounds i heard were like clicking (knocking) sounds, but i read that its the PS3 casing that expands when it gets hot? So it would click after a while when i turn it on, and again when i turned it off.

bread's done
Back