PS3 Price Increase Revealed

Even fake news like that makes Sony look worse and worse. Why don't you post some real news about how many more Xbox 360's are still red ringing. Enough is enough.

Treating a $30 price drop on the PS2 when the PS3 is the system that needs a price drop is the *real* joke.

I'm a bit let down, Cheapy. This was a little too transparent.

I got hooked, lined, and sinkered.

You got me! I was about to write a diatribe about being a PS3 owner and wondering how they heck they could justify this move. Then I was going to rationalize and say well, the economy seems to be bottoming out and the timing could work with the rebound.

Any significance to the "release" date being Cinco de Mayo?

Great gag, Cheapy! Paint "sucker" on me today!

april-fools-day-9.gif

Anyone who fell for this is a chump.

[quote name='gkrykewy']I hate April Fool's day.[/quote]

Me too.

On a side note, if I hadn't read the comments, I'd have believed it!

Had me for a few seconds, only because it seemed like the kind of dumb shit that they would do.

Not as good as last year, but honestly, that's pretty hard to top.

Unfortunately with last years joke, this one just doesnt compare. I fell for last years even knowing it was April Fools day. Today, it was expected.

Would have been more believable if it was something like "Microsoft Announces Successor to Xbox 360, coming early 2010."

I just love the people that come in to post without reading the responses first and have no clue it's a joke. Gullible indeed.

Seriously though - I wonder if there's a market for a "special edition" PS3 with full BC. I would have at least thought about it. The 399 and 499 price bundles as they are, everyone just buys the 399$ because you can upgrade your own HD. But if the 499$ had full hardware BC, it would have been worth looking at.

I like April Fool's Day. Each year I go around checking my favorite websites to see who does the best. Although, this year, I haven't seen any great ones, yet. :bouncy:

Last year's was much more fun, but at least CAG had one, again.

I'll just have to stay away from the internet all day. I fell for this 100%. I think it's entirely possible for something like this to happen. I doubt the PS3 will ever actually get a price increase but if they added something to both models, I could see it happening.

[quote name='ID2006']I like April Fool's Day. Each year I go around checking my favorite websites to see who does the best. Although, this year, I haven't seen any great ones, yet. :bouncy:

Last year's was much more fun, but at least CAG had one, again.[/QUOTE]

I went to watch youtube videos and they are all upside down. Then I read the tips on the "new format" on the right and laughed a little. :)

Aw man sweeeet now I can use Dell deal and get one 500gb each for my living room, bed room, tanning room, weight room, art room, and quiet room and 250gb each for my other tanning room, in both bath rooms, one to sit beside the one in my living room (incase it gets bored cause i'm playing one of the other ones) one for my basement, my kitchen, the den, my crawl space and one for hanging on the wall like the art it is

Lmao ive been around way too long, but if this happened, guess i would never own one lol...

I almost feel for it until I that they were making a BC console again. That's when I knew that this was a fake. Nice one Cheapy.

The sad thing is? Considering Sony's actions so far with the PS3, if I didn't know what day it was I would have honestly believed it.

[quote name='Aku']The sad thing is? Considering Sony's actions so far with the PS3, if I didn't know what day it was I would have honestly believed it.[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree with that. I've been working 14 hour shifts the past 6 days and my mind is a bit muddled. I didn't realize today was April 1st and fell for it until I started scrolling through the responses.

Thanks Cheapy, I got a good laugh from this, twice. Once when I thought it might be real (stupid Sony will never get my bucks) and then when I realized it was in fun (stupid Sony still won't get my bucks until a price drop)

KNow what I don get? For reals, Sony believes the PS3 will last 10 years. This after one of the bigwigs was talking about ideas for the PS4, right after PS3 came out. But, how cna they guarantee it'll last 10 years? Nobody saw the Recessuion comming (Unless your ead the tabloids and end of the world predicitons.) What if we hit a despression instead? Lot less chance of a 10 year use if nobody can afford games or Blue-Rays for it. What good is a 10 yera value if it dies out in 4 years time?

bread's done
Back