PS3 Price Increase Revealed

I feel ashamed. I didn't realize it was a joke until I read the quote from "SCEA's VP of Marketing" actually saying something intelligent for once. SCEA reps always seem to make the stupidest comments so something seemed off. Sure enough, damn April Fools joke. Other than that, the story seemed totally believable.

Looks like someone here is living up to their screen name perfectly.;););)

[quote name='antlp89']CAG Platinum...lol I remember that.[/quote]
:rofl: That was such a good April Fool's joke. Almost as good as D-toid's Brian Crecente hair salon page a few years ago.:lol:

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']I also don't appreciate CheapyD making fun of Sony like this. He implies that Sony would be stupid enough to do such a thing ...[/quote]
Listen, I'm as much a supporter of Sony as any fanboy, but truth be told, Sony IS stupid enough to do such a thing. Look at the way they've treated the PS3, "you will WANT to get a second job to buy one of these" ... that's almost, if not more arrogant than "John Romero is going to make you his bitch".

Sony needs to realize that they're cutting their own throats and start making business decisions based on the facts, not on how they want to be seen.

This wouldn't be such a bad idea, reintroducing the original SKU with a bigger HDD.. Oh well. The bogus title and 2nd paragraph gave it away. : /

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='angryemu']Sony is so dumb. Their not going to sell another PS3 this year (except to stupid $ony fanboyz.) Console war is over! 360 WINS!!![/QUOTE]

First of all, this is an April fools joke. And second, the Wii won. Moron

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Posts like this are why I subscribe to CAG Platinum.[/quote]

awww.... almost got me

Haha, you know.... the fact that Sony has no idea how to market this system, I actually found this to be believable. Very good April Fools there Cheapy D

[quote name='Warner1281']Lame joke. At least make it semi-believable. :roll: Nice try though.[/QUOTE]

You're just pissed off cause you fell for it :rofl:

Nice try Cheapy. For a second, i thought my ps3 was going to be inferior compared to the new ones. Just like how they tricked me with the PSP 3000 coming out when i just bought the 2000 a month before. No worries, i still love my psp! :)

[quote name='CheapyD'][img-l=5198]6048[/img-l]A reliable source at a major US retailer has provided CAG with this exclusive photo of a now confirmed PS3 price increase. Two new PS3 SKUs were revealed, both containing full hardware based backwards compatibility with price and hard drive size being the only differences between. The 250 GB unit will be priced at $499.99 and the 500 GB model will return the PS3 back to its earlier $599.99 price point. When contacted for comment, SCEA's VP of Marketing, Jack DeVaney confirmed the new SKUs and prices:

"Increasing storage capacity helps us better communicate the value inherent in the PS3. Combined with built in Blu-ray, Wi-Fi, and full backwards compatibility, no other system can match our value proposition. One of the great things about the PS3 is that if you buy it today you can be confident it's going to be the centerpiece of your entertainment for the next 10 years. Economically, that's a great value."

The new PS3s will be available May 5th.[/quote]

Jack DeVaney, does anyone else listen to Howard Stern?

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']God you guys are gullible. This news was bogus and completely unbelievable.

I also don't appreciate CheapyD making fun of Sony like this. He implies that Sony would be stupid enough to do such a thing and that's just insulting. This "news" does nothing but feed Sony haters. Is it not enough that Sony lost this gen? Why not pick on Nintendo or MS?

Whatever. This was stupid and not funny.[/quote]

LEAVEBRITNEYALONE.jpg

leave sony alone!

Haha, you got me. I was all excited and messaged my friends.

Then one of them reminded me what day it was... :(

I immediately knew what this was because not only did Cheapy front page his own article post, which almost never happens these days ;) but he made TWO of them.

Our grand yearly tradition at CAG is alive and well, thanks for the imaginative posts Cheapy, although I will admit I fell for the Microsoft one!!!

I miss E.G.M. wonder what prank they would have pulled off. They had the best!!!
Nice Try Cheapy. (Back to trying to unlock Shen Long)

The first thing I did when I woke up was get on my iPod and check to see what mischief cheapy d posted and who was dumb enough to fall for it.

Haha wonder if this will be picked up somewhere and it will get a positive reaction because of the joke, Sony will say..."hmm maybe we should jack up the price"

Nice try CheapyD

bread's done
Back