PS3 Slim Redesign - Real - $299

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

Well, not everybody has an HDtv yet, so why should they cater to those who have them?[/QUOTE]

Even non HDTVs have component hook-ups, get a clue.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Honest question: why would anyone who already has a PS3 buy one of these?[/QUOTE]

if you have a house and need to put one in one room and the other in another so you don't have to fight with the kids for control?

[quote name='SteveGo']Even non HDTVs have component hook-ups, get a clue.[/QUOTE]

Not mine and I'd be pissed if Sony didn't support MY type of tv. I've had my tv since like 2000 or 2001 or so and it serves me just fine, composite ports and all.

I'm not about to upgrade until I NEED to either.

Bad move by Sony and MS? Why? Because the majority of people have HDtv's in their homes already? That's nowhere even close to true. Most people still have their older tv's and those tv's primarily have the older jacks/ports on them.

So, why should Sony/MS cater to the minority who upgraded to an HDtv already?

Component cables are ridiculously cheap and easy to include. For a system that's touted as revolutionary and the ultimate in video quality it's just stupid and irresponsible of Sony to not provide the necessary accessories to achieve said quality. It doesn't have to have composite or component exclusively, it can have both for literally just pennies more. Way to drop the ball, Sony. Again.

[quote name='neocisco']Component cables are ridiculously cheap and easy to include. For a system that's touted as revolutionary and the ultimate in video quality it's just stupid and irresponsible of Sony to not provide the necessary accessories to achieve said quality. It doesn't have to have composite or component exclusively, it can have both for literally just pennies more. Way to drop the ball, Sony. Again.[/QUOTE]

Or people could just go to TRU and for $8 upgrade to a set of Sony component cables, which are on clearance now.

I was tempted to grab a set of the Sony composite cables from there the other night to replace the third party ones I'm using on my PS3 right now.

I believe mine are either Mad Catz or Pelican brand.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Honest question: why would anyone who already has a PS3 buy one of these?[/QUOTE]

I don't understand that either. Also I really don't like the slim design it looks extremely cheap compared to the regular one. If a slim, and the regular one was the exact same price, and I didn't own a PS3. I honestly would buy the regular one over the slim.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Bad move by Sony and MS? Why? Because the majority of people have HDtv's in their homes already? That's nowhere even close to true. Most people still have their older tv's and those tv's primarily have the older jacks/ports on them.

So, why should Sony/MS cater to the minority who upgraded to an HDtv already?[/QUOTE]
TV I had in middle school had an S-Video input.
The one throughout highschool had component.

That was yeeeeeeears before HDTVs started showing up.

Well it's going to be hard to sell my MGS4 PS3 40GB (non-BC). Was looking to get around 300 but who would buy it when you can get 120 gb for that price, new.

I've moved on to 360 and built a new PC rig so I guess I'll just hang onto it and enjoy the rare exclusive that comes out. I had initially bought it as a BD player but blus are expensive and I'm just not that much of a AV whore.

120 gb is a nice sized drive compared to a 360 pro's 60gb. but honestly I have practically nothing installed on my PS3.

[quote name='dallow']TV I had in middle school had an S-Video input.
The one throughout highschool had component.

That was yeeeeeeears before HDTVs started showing up.[/QUOTE]

Well, I've only ever bought tv's just to watch tv on, so I didn't really care what kind of ports they came with and I absolutely refuse to upgrade until prices are cheap enough for me.

If Sony made it so they only included the HD or higher end cables with the PS3, they would probably have ALOT of really pissed off consumers.

As for me, I may buy this 21" ACER LCD monitor I saw the other day that has HDMI and a couple other inputs on it, since it's HDCP compatible and will work with my PS3. But the speakers suck on it, so unless there's some way(other than buying a $30 surround sound from Kmart on top of the monitor)to jack in speakers that don't sound like ass, I may hold off on it.

bread's done
Back