DANIEL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/08/ps4-big-holiday-lineup-lower-cost/

ku-xlarge.gif

[attachment=17540:ps4-newprice.JPG]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see how this is more important than, say, flaming someone who posts a pretty crappy deal or, say, Golden Crisp cereal.

You make it sound like the price drop has some sensitive effect where a small change can result in large differences in the world, brah.

This system has been $349 + Last of Us + Extra Controller + Fruit Loops cereal for a long time already.
That same bundle would be the equivalent of $300 on sale after the price drop. I'm not sure what point you think you are trying to make.

Thanks, OP.  I've picked up a few PS4 games even though I do prefer the Xbox controller.

I'm sticking with my last-gen consoles for at least another year.  As an added bonus, it keeps me away from buying more games (not that staying last-gen has kept me down on that front ... )

So I guess the Destiny bundle didn't get the price drop. I'm sure it'll go on sale at least one more time, though. I remember last year when they dropped the last Destiny bundle by $75 at Best Buy, but it sold out extremely fast.

Last edited:
Anyone know if Costco is honoring the price drop? Before they were selling standalone systems for $360ish

So do you guys think the trade in value for a ps4 will drop soon? It's still 175 last I checked.

Guess I'll wait for the upcoming Star Wars Battlefront package though no Star Wars game really rate all that high especially a Battlefront game. Would have liked to get Destiny:Taken King but its nuts they didn't include it as part of the pricedrop.

Anyone have any luck getting the $50 gc at Target with the pricedrop today?

I took it to Target customer service and the guy told me I could either have the price match or the gift card, not both :/
Thanks. Saved me a trip getting out there only to be disappointed. Also, don't really care for the bundles that are part of the pricedrop. Hoping some better PS4 games come along soon especially with Black Friday right around the corner.

I hope they produce way too many of the Uncharted bundle like The Last of Us, so there will be $10 codes, eventually.

Last edited:
So I guess the Destiny bundle didn't get the price drop. I'm sure it'll go on sale at least one more time, though. I remember last year when they dropped the last Destiny bundle by $75 at Best Buy, but it sold out extremely quick.
But it still has the $50 gc at the Target. That's kind of like a price drop and you can put that towards the 25% off pre-order deal.

So I guess the Destiny bundle didn't get the price drop. I'm sure it'll go on sale at least one more time, though. I remember last year when they dropped the last Destiny bundle by $75 at Best Buy, but it sold out extremely quick.
Can confirm as well. Went to get one and got denied. Also Target employees thought it was only the Drake bundle that got a drop so I just said forget it. Hopefully somewhere will do a price drop on it again.

I got the Uncharted bundle for the 349 plus the giftcard without even asking. Waterfront Target in Pittsburgh.
I'm on my way!

giphy.gif

but seriously did it just ring up like that?

I just got an email saying it dropped $50 but online it's still showing the $399.99 and $50 gift card

I need to know, tell me baby girl cause I need to know

I asked about the 25% off discount for reserving games and the guy said he could only give it off the game so he gave me an additional $15 off. It is YMMV but its worth a shot

I'm on my way!

giphy.gif

but seriously did it just ring up like that?
I just got an email saying it dropped $50 but online it's still showing the $399.99 and $50 gift card

I need to know, tell me baby girl cause I need to know
It's still labeled as 399 but rang up the new price. The GC offer popped up on its own and she went and grabbed one. Super easy

It's still labeled as 399 but rang up the new price. The GC offer popped up on its own and she went and grabbed one. Super easy
They're starting to roll out the new price online but the gift card isn't in the cart anymore, oi. Gonna try when I'm out in a bit. I wouldn't need one if my current system wasn't spitting out discs

I just looked on Amazon's product page, and it's a digital voucher.
Gamestops bundle are disc based now and everyone else is a voucher

I went to my local Target during opening and they didn't have the Uncharted bundle out yet. Guy got it from the back,  told them I wanted to price match, and he walked me over to customer service. Customer service lady noticed the gift card and was unsure if she could do both the price match and the gift card so she called her manager over. Manager told me that I would have to choose one or the other, but not both. Was polite in telling him I was bummed I couldn't get both and told him I didn't want it and was about to leave when he told me to hold on, he would do it anyway. Walked out with $350 base price and $50 GC. 

I went to my local Target during opening and they didn't have the Uncharted bundle out yet. Guy got it from the back, told them I wanted to price match, and he walked me over to customer service. Customer service lady noticed the gift card and was unsure if she could do both the price match and the gift card so she called her manager over. Manager told me that I would have to choose one or the other, both not both. Was polite in telling him I was bummed I couldn't get both and told him I didn't want it and was about to leave when he told me to hold on, he would do it anyway. Walked out with $350 base price and $50 GC.
Nice, look them in the eye and tell them exactly what you want. That's how you get it done!

(Honestly, I think there is a bit of age discrimination from the employees when it comes to these sorts of things.)

I took it to Target customer service and the guy told me I could either have the price match or the gift card, not both :/
Return / rebuy, there is no reason for them not to honor this as it is what people buying today and tomorrow are getting.

[quote name="Josef" post="12960938" timestamp="1444410033"]Sounds like there may be a small window to get this in store with the new price and the gift card.[/quote]

how is it a price match if the MSRP is now $350?
Exactly. I walked out with $349 and the gift card. I told them the price dropped everywhere and the gift card is a target promotion.

So do you guys think the trade in value for a ps4 will drop soon? It's still 175 last I checked.
Why would anyone trade in their console for that low of a price? I was able to sell off my White PS4 with a couple of games last weekend for $400. Right before the price drop was announced.

Why would anyone trade in their console for that low of a price? I was able to sell off my White PS4 with a couple of games last weekend for $400. Right before the price drop was announced.
Yeah, you could probably get more elsewhere, but selling on Craigslist can be a huge hassle. Whenever I sell a system, I always have people offering weed, guns, an old ipad, or $100-200.

It works if you use the app. I was able to order the Uncharted Bundle for $350 with the gift card via the app about 30 minutes ago.
Oi in the app for me the gift card has three delivery options but it's only saying what the 2nd is "ship free" did it do like that for you?

Hmm, now I wonder if we might see that xbox one holiday bundle (1tb with gears, rare replay, & ori) drop down to $350. Only time will tell. Btw, I've had a PS4 & Wii U since launch but am missing gears multiplayer. Saw a used white ps4 at gamestop & man that thing looks awesome.

Hmm, now I wonder if we might see that xbox one holiday bundle (1tb with gears, rare replay, & ori) drop down to $350. Only time will tell. Btw, I've had a PS4 & Wii U since launch but am missing gears multiplayer. Saw a used white ps4 at gamestop & man that thing looks awesome.
Now imagine that same PS4 with Destiny etching on it..

2ufz.gif

even more awesome.

I just got the white destiny ps4 and sold my old ps4. Wanna do the same thing with the white gears bundle but sucks it's only at walmart and that it's not out till end of the month. 

At least chances are they will have a good bf deal on it.

I got mine from Target.

I was there just as the Sony rep was informing the staff "There as a price drop today, you need to trigger a price update". They scanned the barcode with their handheld scanner, and it updated.

Got the Uncharted Bundle for $350 + $50 gift card.

Ok I guess I'll sell it to a random stranger. I hope I don't get killed.

For the record I'm selling it so can upgrade to the limited edition Star Wars ps4. So I have no intention on selling my games as well.

Yeah, you could probably get more elsewhere, but selling on Craigslist can be a huge hassle. Whenever I sell a system, I always have people offering weed, guns, an old ipad, or $100-200.
I didn't have much issues selling my launch console for $280 last night. Upgraded to the Nathan Drake console this morning. It's worth the effort I think.

California reporting in.  $350 base price for Uncharted Bundle was automatic at Target in-store, $50 gift card on top also prompted automatically.  Also, immediately sold off my Uncharted Collection digital voucher for $30, which was a huge weight off my shoulders.   fuck  digital bundles.

It's showing $349.99 plus the gift card on the regular store right now for me in cart

Gonna try to switch the gift card to email delivery

Edit:

Doesn't look like it's happening.

bread's done
Back