DANIEL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/08/ps4-big-holiday-lineup-lower-cost/

ku-xlarge.gif

[attachment=17540:ps4-newprice.JPG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it seems like this move was to combat the X1 price and HALO and Tomb Raider most likely. It is smart on Sony. They cannot really offer anything unique this Holiday so a price drop is about it. I do not think MS cuts the price but I won't be surprised if the bundles get even more games as extras.
I think it's more along the lines that the console has been out for two years, they have probably seen a decline in sales, so now they lower the price slightly before holidays and also grab the market share that says "I'm not paying $400 for a console, I'll wait for the price to go down."

No secret reason, typical pricing model for consoles... However, Sony was able to milk it a little longer because of the overwhelming success of the PS4.

The question is, why does someone on this site not have a PS4 yet.
Long Answer: I lack the ambition to find a job that pays more per week than the current cost of a PS4. I must really enjoy missing out on the finer things of life and/or not want a PS4, enough to save the money for one. Also, the Xbox One holiday bundle with Gears of War Remaster and Rare Replay seems decent.

Last-gen Backlog.
Short Answer: ^This

Well at least i hope microsoft adds more games to xbone bundles. im still waiting on a good price/extras to get that sexy forza 6 blue xbone

Well at least i hope microsoft adds more games to xbone bundles. im still waiting on a good price/extras to get that sexy forza 6 blue xbone
if your waiting on forza 6 for extras, it will sell out. Amazon doesn't even sell it anymore for past week now I think. So its obviously not in production anymore and once stores/online places sell out that's it.

However best buy does have forza 6 with nba2k16 thats probably the best deal your going to get.

Son of a bitch, not even two weeks after I finally decide to dive in on the Destiny model.
Most stores and credit card companies offer some sort of price guarantee, and worst case scenario if neither you used do not offer such a thing, you could always return/rebuy.

Nothing worth playing that warrants the purchase. Bloodbourn has been the only tempting game I can't currently play on PC.

Nier and Persona 5 aren't out yet.

It makes sense now why GS was running that promo on the FIFA bundles now. I was wondering if GS was being dumb or if they were pushing out consoles before this price drop. My money's on the latter theory....eh...I'll be fine with my TTK system and having traded off Destiny and FIFA so I've quite made up the costs. Good to know though that these things are dropping a bit though. :)

So about that $50 GC deal from Target they have going on right now... think there will still be better deals on Black Friday?  Or should I pick it up now?

For me, it just didn't have enough exclusives and I was having too much fun with Mario Maker. But I took the plunge just recently. Does anyone know if Best Buy will do a post purchase price match on my PS4. I don't know if they will for sure, because it was bought with a Madden 16 throw in...

lol.

But really, think there will be deals worth waiting for on black friday of this year?
I definitely think Sony are going to go all in with their BF deals this year since they are lacking in the exclusives, I can see gift cards and free games being thrown in.

I definitely think Sony are going to go all in with their BF deals this year since they are lacking in the exclusives, I can see gift cards and free games being thrown in.
MS are still behind in terms of console numbers and now the PS4 is cheaper, I expect/hope for god Xbone deals this BF as well.

Love people continuing to spew the "PS4 has no exclusives" narrative which is completely false..  Sony may not have the high profile exclusives that Microsoft claims to have, but they have exclusives and plenty of them, do your research people.

MS are still behind in terms of console numbers and now the PS4 is cheaper, I expect/hope for god Xbone deals this BF as well.
Microsoft loves winning these holiday months so I expect them to have great deals too.

Love people continuing to spew the "PS4 has no exclusives" narrative which is completely false.. Sony may not have the high profile exclusives that Microsoft claims to have, but they have exclusives and plenty of them, do your research people.
They dont have any that can compete with Halo 5 and Tomb Raider.

Uncharted > Tomb Raider any day of the week

Also it is just a timed exclusive

Sony may not have it's own futuristic multiplayer shooter but COD or Destiny can easily fill that void

Games like Bloodborne, and the upcoming No man's Sky put Sony ahead of the pack

Microsoft loves winning these holiday months so I expect them to have great deals too.

A 343 Industries Halo..? We'll see, they are 0-2 so far, and Tomb Raider is timed and releasing the same day as Fallout 4.. good luck on that one Microsoft and Square Enix. And it's all subjective anyway, if you don't like Halo and can wait for Tomb Raider and prefer a more diverse library that includes JRPGs then the PS4 slotters the Xbox. Which is the case for me, even though I own both, I'm far more excited for Disgaea 5, Tales of Zestiria, and Dragon Quest Heroes than anything on Xbox. Then there's Tearaway Unfolded, The Tomorrow Children, Sword Art Online: Lost Song, Bloodborne DLC, Uncharted Trilogy, and probably others I'm missing, but yeah let's keep pretending the PS4 has no games.. er wait that was last years narrative.. PS4 has no exclusives.. er wait that isn't true either.. okay okay PS4 exclusives can't compete with Xbox One, even though they can and do.

Sony may not have it's own futuristic multiplayer shooter but COD or Destiny can easily fill that void

You sound like a fanboy. Let's not start a petty argument over a little comment someone made. Everyone has different tastes.

Love people continuing to spew the "PS4 has no exclusives" narrative which is completely false.. Sony may not have the high profile exclusives that Microsoft claims to have, but they have exclusives and plenty of them, do your research people.
Knack convinced me to buy a PS4 on day one. The Order: 1886 was just further confirmation that I made a good decision.

if your waiting on forza 6 for extras, it will sell out. Amazon doesn't even sell it anymore for past week now I think. So its obviously not in production anymore and once stores/online places sell out that's it.

However best buy does have forza 6 with nba2k16 thats probably the best deal your going to get.
It is still in stock on Amazon and almost every other retailer that sells consoles....

2007 called. They want their console wars back.

Completely false?

There's:

Bloodbourne

Disgaea 5

Driveclub

inFAMOUS: Second Son

Killzone: Shadow Fall

Knack

Omega Quintet

Onechanbara Z2

The Order: 1886

Until Dawn

That's a massive list of 10. /sarcasm

One of them was released just this week.

Completely false?

There's:

Bloodbourne

Disgaea 5

Driveclub

inFAMOUS: Second Son

Killzone: Shadow Fall

Knack

Omega Quintet

Onechanbara Z2

The Order: 1886

Until Dawn

That's a massive list of 10. /sarcasm

One of them was released just this week.
You're forgetting The Last of Us Remastered, Uncharted Collection, Tearaway, and as of right now Rocket League. I'm not a fan of listing Sony's remasters, but Microsoft's big exclusives were Master Chief Collection and Gears Ultimate Edition.

You're forgetting The Last of Us Remastered, Uncharted Collection, Tearaway, and as of right now Rocket League. I'm not a fan of listing Sony's remasters, but Microsoft's big exclusives were Master Chief Collection and Gears Ultimate Edition.
No, Microsoft's big exclusives are Halo 5 and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Last year it was Sunset Overdrive and Titanfall. They also do remasters, but I am also not a fan of listing them among the exclusives list.

Yea, sorry, no. Those aren't exclusives. PS3, PS3, Vita, and PC.

I don't understand how this is news ... how hard is it to find a PS4 with some kind of bonuses/extras for $350 prior to this news? 

meh. 

I don't understand how this is news ... how hard is it to find a PS4 with some kind of bonuses/extras for $350 prior to this news?

meh.
It's a permanent price drop. It affects pretty much everyone who is thinking of buying or selling a PS4 in the next year, as well as people who bought one within the last month. It also affects all of the systems currently being stocked. I'd say that's kind of a big deal. In fact, it's probably more important than 90% of the stuff posted on this forum.

Keep it about the deals. Childish fanboy posts are not necessary for this thread. Plus if you are a fanboy I feel sorry for you as you have and will miss out on too many great ganes to count, and limit this great hobby and the deals! ;)

It's a permanent price drop. It affects pretty much everyone who is thinking of buying or selling a PS4 in the next year, as well as people who bought one within the last month. It also affects all of the systems currently being stocked. I'd say that's kind of a big deal. In fact, it's probably more important than 90% of the stuff posted on this forum.
I don't see how this is more important than, say, flaming someone who posts a pretty crappy deal or, say, Golden Crisp cereal.

You make it sound like the price drop has some sensitive effect where a small change can result in large differences in the world, brah.

This system has been $349 + Last of Us + Extra Controller + Fruit Loops cereal for a long time already.

Happy to see the price drop...I've been delaying buying PS4 for multiple reasons but getting closer now with some of the upcoming games.

That said...I wish the Nathan Drake bundle was either physical copies OR included a 1tb drive. Those 3 games will take up quite a bit of space right off the bat. But the Target deal of a $50 gc thru Saturday is tempting.

Still, I'll probably wait and see what Black Friday brings.

I don't see how this is more important than, say, flaming someone who posts a pretty crappy deal or, say, Golden Crisp cereal.

You make it sound like the price drop has some sensitive effect where a small change can result in large differences in the world, brah.

This system has been $349 + Last of Us + Extra Controller + Fruit Loops cereal for a long time already.
I think the thing you seem to be missing is now with the MSRP being $350 that means that Last of Us + Extra Controller + Fruit Loops will likely be around $300 now instead of $350.

bread's done
Back